HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EXP possible solution

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

EXP possible solution Empty
PostSubject: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8zWed Mar 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Why not have a combination of both systems? I think Quibblo's is a bit too easy, but you should still gain more experience for winning a battle than just regular training. Maybe if you write a really descriptive battle, you get more experience? Then on top of that, it usually takes at least 2 battles with Pokémon at the same level to level up, and each Pokémon is different in its needs. Ex: dragon-type are harder to level up. It isn't unfair, dragon type are powerful and are meant to be harder to level.

I'm going to suggest a combination of my old system and L's. That is, to level up a Pokémon they need at least twice the exp equal to their level plus one. Dragon types and pseudo legendaries need plus three, and legendaries need plus five. When defeating an opponent, it works in a similar fashion.
Opponent's level quartered=exp gained. If it was a trainer's Pokémon, +1 if it's a pseudo/dragon +1(+2 for second stage, +3 for fully evolved), if it's a legendary +4(obviously if it was a trainer's AND a pseudo it would be +4, etc)
On top of this, add in how many words were used to describe the battle(or training session) and this doesn't mean just saying the same thing over and over, means actually trying to be descriptive.
100 words(which isn't a lot at all) gets an extra point.
200 words gets 2 and so on? (since battles would take up many posts.

If it was a training session they might gain double for word points since there was no battle?

To spread that out some:

To find how much exp your Pokémon needs:
Take it's level, multiply by two, add one.
If it's a pseudo legendary, or dragon, add 3.
If it's a legendary, add 5.

To find how much exp you gain:
Take opponent's level and divide by 4.
Add in the following multipliers:
Was it a trainer's Pokémon? Add 1
Was it a basic pseudo legendary or dragon? Add 1
Was it a first stage Pseudo/dragon? Add 2
Was it a second stage pseudo/dragon? Add 3
Was it a Legendary? Add 4

They do stack, so a trainer with a legendary Pokémon gains you +5 points added on to the total.

On top of this, word count adds extra points.
In a battle:
100 words gets you an extra point.
200 words gets you 2 points
and so on.

In a training session[non-battle]:
100=2
200=4
and so on

For example, say you have a level 10 Pikachu. it would need 10x2+1 to level up. that's 21 points it needs.
Let's say your opponent was also level 10, say a Ratatta, and another trainer's Pokémon at that.
That's 10/4+1. Or in other words, 3.5 experience points. Say you did it in 140 words. That's still less than 200, and it was for a battle, so you gain an extra point for that. Congratulations, Pikachu just gained 4.5 experience points!
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8zWed Mar 16, 2011 11:01 pm

First of all, WB Alekion.
Second, we have to keep it simple for our staff *COUGH*e.g. Doragon*COUGH* who like to RP as enemy Pokémon but... erm... don't like complications.
Third, we must keep in mind that level-up/battle is very slow here, what with this being a website and all. So when considering long-term training, slow leveling isn't really an option.
Adding in word count is confusing- not to mention extremely non-canon. It also adds the possibility of leveling up through complete bull.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8zWed Mar 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Um, Quibbloboy, YOUR ONLY CONSIDERING FREAKING Pokémon TRAINERS. THEY DON'T MAKE UP THE ENTIRE Pokémon WORLD! There's Coordinators, breeders, musicians, and other types of trainers who don't nessecarily use Pokémon for battle. A word system is actually quite simple but it can be limited, as I don't think you or any member would do all the words needed to level up completely as quick as they could.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8zWed Mar 16, 2011 11:23 pm

Alright, fine, how about we use my system for Battle and yours for everything else (Coordinators, Breeders, Musicians etc.) Agreed?

PostSubject: Re: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8zThu Mar 17, 2011 1:11 am

This system wouldn't allow quick level up, and the word count would only count when actually training or battling, not all the other stuff. It would encourage longer, more detailed posts without forcing people to do it. Not to mention, I even said as long as the person was actually trying to make a detailed post and not just a bunch of bull. And Quib, your system allows Pokémon to level up *too* quickly...
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8zThu Mar 17, 2011 1:29 am

You raise some good points but what about when compared to the games? You can level up a Pokémon at even an extremely high level in, say, five minutes. But even using my quick system it could take days here. This RP should be just as fast paced as the games, so that training a Larvitar into a Tyranitar doesn't take two years- a feat which, in the games, could be done in two weeks given the same amount of playing time per day for each (the RP and the games).

PostSubject: Re: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8zThu Mar 17, 2011 1:36 am

If a person types a reasonable amount, it wouldn't be hard to level them up. I just posted seven paragraphs off my cell phone earlier, I'm sure others can handle trying harder for a few instead of mere sentences if they want the extra experience.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8zThu Mar 17, 2011 6:50 am

Why does it even matter how long the post is? And what about people whose first language isn't English? It's unfair to them because it makes it way harder to train.

PostSubject: Re: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8zThu Mar 17, 2011 12:44 pm

I think you should remove the 'words' stuff? I agree with Quibbloboy. And the remainder, I think it'd be easier if we cancel it. So it's not that complicated. Coz I hate complicated leveling.

PostSubject: Re: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8zThu Mar 17, 2011 3:06 pm

The post length is to ENCOURAGE people to try for longer posts. If you take out the word count, you're again left with a solution that only allows Pokémon TRAINERS to level. If someone is too lazy to type a paragraph in their own language then go use google translate or something else then they would probably be too lazy to do it even if English was their first language. I would keep the decimal at least up to half a point since its not really more complicated, and it gets you closer to leveling.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8zThu Mar 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Quibbloboy wrote:
Why does it even matter how long the post is? And what about people whose first language isn't English? It's unfair to them because it makes it way harder to train.

I told you why and nor do I feel like saying it again. I'm done trying to help this site, so Quibbloboy, since your so much wiser than me on the overall well-being of the site, you can do my job. Which requires you to be on as much as possible. Have fun with that.

Anyway, I'll tell you why longer posts are important. In the world of Text-Based Role-Playing, a site's quility is determined by; How many members it possesses. how much these members are willing to post out, and how detailed their posts are. We aren't playing a hand held game where creativity is highly limited Quibbloboy, we're on a Text-based RPG.

If you would try and actually think about putting yourself into a position where you wouldn't be battling with a Pokémon, how would you level it up?Did you think of people who merely keep Pokémon as pets? People who have different uses for Pokémon? No, no, you obviously didn't or you would've noticed my system was much more flexible than yours. And no, I didn't win, because unlike you, I don't force a system onto members, I give them a choice, and I would gladly restart the poll if someone wanted me to add Alekion's Idea.

And I'm sorry I freaked out, it's just I want a flexible system that the site can enjoy, and isn't limited to just Pokémon battles. And you didn't seem to notice that, and it just pissed me right up the wall.

But, I'm still resigning from the Staff unless Quibbloboy doesn't want my duties.

PostSubject: Re: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8zThu Mar 17, 2011 3:10 pm

Come on, L. Many people last night expressed very firmly(with typing up and whatnot) that they didn't want you to resign.

PostSubject: Re: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8zFri Mar 18, 2011 5:39 am

wow, so thats gonan be your decision RIGHT away. no L, you shouldn't. just you shouldn't. and okay fine i get the word thingy. and the decimals as well.

*gets calculator.

and am not an idiot or anything on math, its just am too lazy for that, but what are calculators for? :D
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXP possible solution   EXP possible solution H6Q0F8z

EXP possible solution
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon World Forum :: General Information :: Support Hub :: Resolved Suggestions-
Jump to: