HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Restart or Start anew

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Pooch
Pooch

Restart or Start anew Empty
PostSubject: Restart or Start anew   Restart or Start anew H6Q0F8zFri Aug 28, 2015 5:54 am

The biggest question it seems for reviving PWRPG is if we should remake the site, or make a new one, and also it should be the first thing we need to figure out anyways

So this topic is for only the discussion of whether we should revamp or make a site in general. I am also not putting a voting up because it is up to the staff on what to do and plus peoples ideas could change. With that in mind I'll shall list my ideas

I feel like we should make a new site in general because trying to remake this place would be the same as creating a new one essentially, but with also having to delete lots of things as well. Another is that we can still bring over the systems that are good as well so it shouldn't be to hard, we can even touch up on them. Lastly is that I want to this site to keep most of it's topic for the purpose of looking back at the memories here, although I know some people had some bad ones, I know they still have atleast good one they want to go back to look at, and watch how they grown, like I have.

Alright, start discusiing everybody, I wish to hear everyones opinions
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Restart or Start anew   Restart or Start anew H6Q0F8zFri Aug 28, 2015 3:01 pm

I've already said enough times why, but start anew.
Gondohar
Gondohar

PostSubject: Re: Restart or Start anew   Restart or Start anew H6Q0F8zSat Aug 29, 2015 2:17 am

Well I have thought about it and I changed my mind about being neutral. After a lot of thinking I figured that maybe the best course of action for PWRPG is a new site. Sure everyone loves this site but is it even reparable? Can it be mended? I don't know the answer to them but making a new site I believe would be easier and safer.
Ai
Ai

PostSubject: Re: Restart or Start anew   Restart or Start anew H6Q0F8zSat Aug 29, 2015 12:32 pm

Well I'm mainly neutral but maybe I might be swaying to the new site idea...

I mean either way we'd pretty much have to redesign a new site, and I'm getting the impression that most people want to preserve the site to look back on, while a new one is created and new concepts and ideas are implemented. The thing that's holding me back is that making a new site is quite tedious and even the fact that we get around 3-5 guests can end up being a privilege, but after a little while the site can grow enough to attract regular visitors.

In the spirit of the cheesy flower metaphors, get ready for another one. If this site was a dying rose, making a new site would essentially be like preserving the rose in resin to stop it from loosing its beauty, and planting a new rose with a seed next to it. There's no telling if that seed will grow to be as beautiful as the first, or even if it will be able to grow, but try to keep the dying rose alive would be an operation filled with risks too, perhaps even more risks than planting a new seed.

I hope you enjoyed the metaphor, those who hated it and want to shoot me (other murder methods are available), please try not act upon your urges.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Restart or Start anew   Restart or Start anew H6Q0F8zSun Aug 30, 2015 2:53 am

Whichever you guys do, I'm willing to help.

By moving to an entirely new site, we'd be able to carve out new rules. I'd recommend not copy/pasting any of the systems here, but thinking of ways to be even more creative with it~

Also, whatever you guys do, I ask that you keep this site from falling prey to bots. I don't like the idea of another site being covered in strange ads..
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Restart or Start anew   Restart or Start anew H6Q0F8zTue Sep 01, 2015 12:02 am

Well hey, whatever you guys are planning to do, have you decided on who's going to make the big leap of faith? Not to double post.
Pooch
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Restart or Start anew   Restart or Start anew H6Q0F8zTue Sep 01, 2015 1:36 am

My idea is someone part of staff already, seeing as whoever makes the site becomes automatic staff, aka head admin, and probably someone who would be perfect as head admin
youarereta98
youarereta98

PostSubject: Re: Restart or Start anew   Restart or Start anew H6Q0F8zTue Sep 01, 2015 3:26 am

We already have a current Head Admin who has (From what I've seen) been doing a tremendous job, I see no need to change that position. I would say we leave the decision up to her as to if she wants to call a vote or not.
Pooch
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Restart or Start anew   Restart or Start anew H6Q0F8zTue Sep 01, 2015 3:41 am

I fully understand that, but in case she doesn't want to do it, I'm saying that the head admin would then have to be part of staff, probably more than likely next best choice if possible
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Restart or Start anew   Restart or Start anew H6Q0F8zTue Sep 01, 2015 7:38 am

I'm on board for doing it if that's what you guys want. I'll still primarily focus on Admin-y things as well as churning out ideas, though. Since we're leaning more toward new site, we have to establish things like rules and systems before we fully make the new site. Things'll go much smoother that way, and then both wouldn't need to be stuck in stasis. We should focus on systems and such for the time being, in my opinion.
Pooch
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Restart or Start anew   Restart or Start anew H6Q0F8zTue Sep 01, 2015 7:42 am

Alright, cool, sounds like it's been settled, alright staff, I trust good things out of you all! Fellow members, let's all wish them good luck!
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restart or Start anew   Restart or Start anew H6Q0F8z

Restart or Start anew
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1