HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Half a heart~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

Half a heart~ - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 7:47 am

(X3 D'aww, he's blushing~ ;3 Also, what's roflcopter?)

Twilight was helped to her feet, a gesture she accepted gratefully. She looked down at Akina, who had latched her claws - tiny as they were - in Leviathan's pant leg. Her claws were too small to do any real damage; her teeth were her real weapons; but her behavior seemed new and familiar at the same time. "...N-No, there's nothing wrong with them..." She spoke suddenly, realizing she'd been staring at Akina. "It's...just..." She broke into giggles. Oh, she knew. Akina was being strangely suspicious and...jealous. Akina lowered her ears and looked away with a humph, as though it was no big deal. Still giggling, Twilight swooped and scooped Akina up in one motion, who protested. "There, there~" She cooed, wondering what was the reason for such sentiment.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 7:51 am

[Google it; should be a copter image made using "rofl." Simple o3o]

Leviathan watched as Twilight scooped up Akina in one fell swoop. "Well, it'd still be nice for you to check on her," he told her. "Right? Or am I wrong? I don't know much of human behavior..." "That won't be necessary," Naga spoke lightly, emerging from the room as he pulled the door shut quietly, though left it cracked a smidge to gain entrance again. "I'm pretty sure we'll save Twilight and Angel both the embarrassment of something like that." He looked to Twilight. "Her fever's seemingly lowering a bit from the water. Hopefully it'll be enough for her to rest peacefully."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 8:04 am

(But a helicopter shouldn't be able to rofl o3o)

"It would, yes." She nodded, agreeing, scratching Akina's ears to calm the squirming, wriggling ball of poofed-up fur. AKina hissed, but didn't bite. Progress was made. She happily hugged her Eevee, only to recoil with three fresh - but light - claw marks on her cheek. She turned around as Naga appeared. Fever takes a couple of days to be recovered from, doesn't it?" She tilted her head, confirming.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 10:59 am

Naga hadn't been sure if Twilight's turn was because of his presence or another reason involving Akina; however, didn't question it. "Some do... Depends on the fever and if other illnesses will factor into the mixture," he spoke to Twilight. "Why? Is there something you've been wanting to go and do while we're here? Feel free to be vocal about it."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 11:09 am

Twilight shook her head. "Nothing of the sort." She was merely - as aforementioned - confirming. It didn't do her very much good mentally, seeing her friend ill, knowing she was the cause. At least now Surge wasn't bothering them. Distracted by tiny pricks on her arm, she looked down to the sight of Akina digging her claws in her arm. Scolding lightly and tapping her on her forehead with her index finger, she carried the Evolution pokemon to her room, where the brown fox was dropped on the bed, joined by Twilight herself. Sighing and leaning back against the wall, she closed her eyes.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 11:17 am

Leviathan turned and made quick retreat to the main room of the space they were in, Naga observing as Twilight carried Akina away to a bedroom. He sighed a bit to himself, looking towards the restroom door. He walked back through it, not returning for an hour when he was assisting a newly-clothed Angel from the room. "You're being so kind to me," she mumbled, arms around Naga's neck while she was carried towards their room. "Why?" "You're my wife," Naga smiled. "It's my responsibility to care for you until death do us part... But I'll care even after that." After he set her down, Angel kissed the trainer, Naga waving his finger lightly as he put blankets over her and set the thermometer in her mouth. "Up up... Get better first," he laughed lightly, waiting before he checked her temperature. "And keep resting; it's lower, but still not clear of fever territory." He waited for her to sleep before he dampened another cloth, setting it on her forehead before he left the room and walked over to the other, knocking and entering. "She's doing better," he told Twilight. "A lot better... The bath helped."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 11:27 am

Twilight dreamily opened her eyes and turned her head softly, blinking to clear the haze. "Oh." She smiled; she was glad. With light effort, she sat up, resting a hand on Akina's back, who'd taken to watching her curiously. "Sure you don't want me to go buy some quinine?" She offered, blinking twice more and looking more like her fresh self.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 11:32 am

"Actually... At this point, yes," Naga spoke to this companion. "But, Twilight..." He sat down aside her on the bed, scratching his nose lightly. "I was going to talk to Angel after a few weeks passed, but I don't know if I should... Do you think it'd be right for us, as pokemon and human, to have a son while we travel? Or should we wait until we settle so things will be steadier?" He looked over to the trainer. "I never thought I'd marry, much less consider a son or daughter... But it all just seems so close to my grasp."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 11:40 am

Twilight's eyes fluttered open wider. "Wh-What?" She sat up straighter, staring straight at Naga before deciding she couldn't make out of he was joking or not. "I-I...well..." She groped for words, obviously at a loss. "Look, I feel that while it isn't really wrong - Angel's a human now - you should probably wait a while. Not only is she ill now, you both have an entire life in front of you. Enjoy your time together before having a third individual to love." She offered lamely; it wasn't like it was her field of expertise.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 12:00 pm

"Perhaps you're right," Naga spoke to Twilight. "But still... If at some point in the future it'd be possible, I'd like to be a father." He scratched the back of his head, realizing how awkward it must've been for Twilight to have to answer such a question as he had posed to her. "Arceus, I'm sorry," he told her before getting up quickly and retreating from the room, the door slamming quite loudly before he walked across the small hall and into the other room with a resting Angel again. Leviathan, shortly after, walked into the room and started speaking with Twilight. "If much more noise is made I'll have a headache," he joked.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Twilight herself cringed when the door slammed loudly, and crossly went up to the door to close it properly, bumping into Leviathan on the way. "Oh. Hello. I agree." She winced, pressing her temples. She closed the door - quietly, as it should have been the first time - and resumed her perch, Akina suffering enough to half get on her lap, fore-quarters on Twilight's lap and staring suspiciously across to Leviathan.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Leviathan let Twilight shut the door after he had walked into the room, the humanized serpent walking over to Akina as she did so. He set a hand on the pokemon's head cautiously and with kindness, petting the pokemon seemingly more agile and comfortingly than anyone else in the entire room or two could've. "Hello," he smiled lightly.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 12:21 pm

Twilight smiled encouragingly at Akina, who bristled quietly as Leviathan's hand neared, flattening her ears, but was silent as the hand descended upon her. He was trying to make friends, and best he got it over now than later. The pokemon's brown eyes narrowed, but she refrained from making a move, claws digging into Twilights jeans.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 7:43 pm

Leviathan noticed Akina's apprehensive behavior as he tried to make amends for whatever distraught he had accidentally caused her. "Look at you... You seem so stressed," he spoke to the pokemon. "Stress isn't good for anyone, especially a nice pokemon like yourself. I'm sure you could agree with that." He continued to pet her gently and with agility, scratching where Twilight, Naga, or even Angel couldn't reach that Akina could find relaxing.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 7:47 pm

Twilight snickered quietly as Leviathan extended a hand of friendship by scratching the little pokemon, who was protesting because what he was doing actually felt good. He'd found the sweet spot on her belly which no matter how she never got Twilight to scratch. Rolling over to her side, head still on Twilight's lap, a large amount of the suspicion was gone from the large, liquid eyes of the Eevee. She squeaked something, which Twilight translated, 'She agrees with you'.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Leviathan smiled lightly. He had seemingly won over Twilight's pokemon simply by scratching her stomach, the humanized serpent eventually having to bring the scratching to a stop. "So, can we be friends," he asked Akina, getting onto his knees to meet the pokemon at eye-level. It wasn't often someone would even consider doing that to have a pokemon's respect (unless Twilight has, in which case, fudge xD).
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 8:15 pm

(Of course Twilight has, will and does~ :3)

Akina rolled over to her other side, paws flailing as they were in the air, paddling gently. She sighed lightly and seemed to nod off. "Congratulations~ You seem to have broken the first ice." Twilight said gently, placing the Eevee's head on the bed as she carefully, tentatively got up, mindful of not disturbing the peaceful pokemon. She straightened up, hands on hips, looking down and smiling encouragingly at Leviathan.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 28, 2015 12:22 am

Leviathan looked up to Twilight when she stared down to him, the humanized serpent standing up since Akina seemed to be off in her own world for the current moment. "Well, that's a good thing," he told her lightly. "Maybe she won't try to hurt me or anything... Only she knows if she will though." He quickly stared to the pokemon before back to Twilight. "Regardless... Can you tell me something?" His face seemed to turn a bit red again. "What does it mean for a heart to beat fast?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 28, 2015 5:56 am

[Amber's always been good at arriving at awkward plot intervals ;3]

It had been a much quicker trip to Lavender than Amber had initially thought. They had been on the road for what felt like only a few hours, but in reality, it was a handful of days, each a blurry memory she couldn't quite remember with her mind so focused elsewhere. The road didn't matter, it was the destination that did. Of course, taking so much time of constant walking and camping out in whatever shelter was available wasn't the most beneficial for health, and if it wasn't for the warm comfort of her Pack to keep the harsher weather and the dreary trip at bay, she didn't know what state she would be in. Amethyst, her Tenebris, was dozing lightly while resting atop her shoulders, wrapping around the girl's neck almost like a scarf. Iris and Ash, her Luxray and Mightyena respectively, trailed closely behind her. While the Mightyena strutted with pride, the Luxray was more graceful, carrying an air of intimidation coupled with the fact that one of her eyes was covered in a haggard looking patch, hiding a larger burn scar and bluing, blind eye. Running along in excited bounds were Carnation the Skitty and Azure the Kyansei, both acting like newborn pups while they were being chased by... newborn pups. The two newborns were Cinnamon, a Growlithe, and Cerulean, a Fennekin, and each were eager in their game of chase, almost unaware of how fatigued the others seemed from the journey. Lavender the Espeon was sitting on the relaxed back of Iris, keeping perfectly balanced as the Luxray took each step. She had a faraway look in her eyes, and her thoughts were elsewhere, no doubt re-living the scene of the Absol she couldn't save for the thousandth time, analyzing just what could have been done to prevent it.

The Pack weren't the only companions Amber had. Though she was highly against it, there was also the psychic, grieving the recent loss of her Absol at the hands of a conflict created because she had met Amber. There was also Crimson, a Pokemon from Amber's past that was the weapon used to end the life of the Absol, and as a result, his own trainer's life was ended by Iris, but not before the human could take half of the Luxray's sight. It was a violent encounter, and one they wished never happened. It was also part of the reason the strange group found themselves in Lavender, the other being the constant voice in Amber's head...

"I'm too exhausted to do anything today," Amber sighed, glad to finally arrive at her destination, but she was also apprehensive. The voice hadn't affected her much over her journey toward the town, but now that they had arrived, have a chance to find peace, she was fearful as to what means it would go to make that not happen. "Let's find a hotel or something to stay at, I have the extra cash to not stay at the Center, I think we can all use something a little more comfortable." The Pack seemed to like the idea, and the strange group found themselves wandering Lavender until the very building Amber had in mind came into focus. Her face turned into a light, short living smile of satisfaction. She could at least help the Pack be comfortable while she faced her own demons.

They made their way into the hotel, and at its entrance, Amber returned all but the sleeping Amethyst into their Pokeballs while she ordered their rooms. Once the rooms were secured, she'd let them out again to get some much needed rest. Strolling to the counter, she leaned against it and looked to the receptionist. "Could I get two rooms, please?" she asked, "one for me, and one for her," she gestured toward the psychic, "preferably next to each other, or even connected rooms." She wasn't sure if the psychic could handle being alone, but Amber and her pack would have trouble fitting in just one room by themselves, it was best to at least give the woman available space. While she waited for the reply, she surveyed the lobby, it looked like a decent hotel. Though, her track record for a full night's sleep in a building like the one she was currently in was spotty at best, and she just hopped she wouldn't have to pay another security deposit for a broken room.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 28, 2015 6:04 am

Twilight smiled as well, both gazes upon Akina, before forcing it away when Leviathan spoke. "What it means for a heart to beat faster? Well, it's usually due to adrenaline, which can be secreted due to a number of reasons." Oh Arceus. Here she went off again. Best not to ask her anything about Biology. "Adrenaline is called the 'flight or fight' hormone. When the body is in need to immediate action, adrenaline is secreted." She thought for a moment, gaze upwards. "And, I think, when you see something...there can be visual responses of course. I nearly started hyperventilating when I first touched Akina."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 28, 2015 6:18 am

The receptionist listened to Amber's request, nodding lightly as he grasped a couple of keys and handed them to her. He then set a clipboard in front of her, the psychic eyeing it a bit wearily; she was clearly a bit exhausted from the travel, but when she saw a certain set of names on the board, she set her hand on it. "Amber... Here..." She looked to the trainer. She had been trying to focus, more or less, on the visions she had already given the trainer, the one with the boy and girl where she had acted a bit foolish. "They're here..." "You mean the two that signed in a while ago," the receptionist asked. "My, they've been through a bit of trouble. One tried to leave, but was brought back not a day or two later... I never asked why, but they haven't checked out yet... So I guess all is well."

- - - - -

Leviathan listened to Twilight's explanation. "Fight... Or flight..." It probably hadn't been the perfect answer to give, as not soon afterward Leviathan, as if by nature, hugged the trainer in an embrace, possibly to her distaste.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 28, 2015 6:29 am

Amber's mind had been elsewhere as she signed the clipboard and took the set of keys, but her interest sparked at the sudden input by the psychic. She heard the idle chat of the receptionist, and took a step back from the counter and toward the hallway that lead to their rooms, facing her head toward the psychic as she did so. Her heart had skipped a beat at the woman's words, and she couldn't help by try and recall what she had said before... she couldn't quite remember, but she knew it wasn't going to be rainbows and lollipops. "Is 'them' a good or bad thing?" she finally managed to cough out, still feeling a sudden unease. If they were memorable enough for the receptionist to recall what had gone on with them, things didn't seem to fare well. He didn't really define 'trouble', and it was something Amber couldn't help but feel curious about. If the group the psychic had sensed were dangerous, it was better to test the waters, to figure things out before they were suddenly sprung. "Do you think it's a good idea to go see them?" she questioned, though deep down she already seemed to have decided to do so. Best surprise a potential enemy before she's caught off guard, after all.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 28, 2015 6:47 am

"Fwaa--" Twilight exclaimed as Leviathan suddenly practically pounced on her. Her own heart started beating faster before realizing he was hugging her. Wondering hat had brought about the revelation, she returned it fairly enough. Patting his back, she sneaked a glance at Akina. Well she did, because at that very moment, with a ferocious yowl, the drowsing Eevee woke and flew up to Twilight's shoulder, likely where Leviathan rested his head to have him tackled full in the face by a fierce ball of fur. With a light exclamation, Twilight yanked the male aside sharply, causing her to lose her footing, but letting Akina fly clear past. As her concerned gaze followed the Eevee, she noted with relief that she fell onto the other bed, both having being pressed against walls, she'd just cleared the whole room across.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 28, 2015 6:57 am

"I don't know necessarily," the psychic spoke to Amber. "All I know is what I told you before..." She then heard a thud, looking up to the roof. "I suppose it couldn't hurt though... I mean, if they were in your future, they're there for a reason." She took Twilight's hand, rushing upstairs with her in tow. Meanwhile, Leviathan had ended up collapsing with Twilight for the second time in the day, Naga showing up not too much later afterward having heard all the noise. "What's with this racket," he complained lightly. "Angel won't get any sleep if this keeps up." The door was then knocked on, the trainer telling the few to be a bit quieter before he walked over, opened the door, and found himself standing face-to-face with Amber and her companion. "it is him," the psychic thought to herself, turning her head to look over at Amber in confirmation. "Er, hello," Naga spoke lightly. "What can I do for you both today?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 28, 2015 7:05 am

Amber's brow furrowed as she was suddenly met with the people that seemed to make the psychic uneasy. She had expected to have at least some moment of warning, but the woman had instead made the decision to knock, and the door was opened rather quickly, too much so for the trainer to attempt any sort of hasty retreat if she had decided to change her mind. It was too late for that now, and she eyed Naga reproachfully. She had expected something much more different, something more menacing. For all it seemed, he was a normal person, or at least that's what he appeared to be. "I, er," Amber manage to studded before trailing into silence, not quite sure what to say. What could she say? That she's ruined so many lives, watched people die, and now she was following the whim of a woman who saw visions because she couldn't let her be alone? That wasn't quite 'hey, nice to meet you' conversation. Instead, she peered past Naga's shoulder to try and see into their room, to look for any evidence of misdeeds or evil, but she saw none, and that made her at an even greater loss of words. "We're, uh, staying nearby...." she trailed off, "we, um, were just looking to... meet some new people. Yeah, we're wanting to meet some new people to, uh, broaden our horizons. Guess we ended up at your door." She forced a smile, trying to distract from her obvious stumble of words and lack of true reasons. "C-can we come in for a minute?"
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Half a heart~   Half a heart~ - Page 5 H6Q0F8z

Half a heart~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next