HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Second time's the charm!~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next
Dragon Kurai

Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Naga listened to Twilight when she spoke. Her point was logical, and he began to catch onto what she was thinking. "You have a point," he told her, letting his tail down and back to around his leg. "It's also something to think about when resting... Makes a good pillow." He wasn't lying about it either; he had slept a few times with his tail as what he leaned his head on. "Anyway, I finished my miniature tale; what about you?" His absol was sitting quietly, the pokemon having moved back to her trainer's side. "Showed quite an interest about my arm and tail; perhaps you'd be interested in the madman in town earlier."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 29, 2014 5:58 pm

"Mm? What madman?" The only reason she'd shown interest in the tail was because it was unusual, and unusual attracted Twilight like a Mothim to a flame. And it was a pokemon part. She needed no other reason to show interest in anything. She had no interesting, heartbreaking, heartwarming, or any kind of outstanding tale to tell, so she switched the topic to the more interesting of the two. A madman? This day was getting more and more eventful.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 29, 2014 6:05 pm

"Well, he may not be so mad," Naga told Twilight, looking down a split second. "After all, I'm one to speak of being mad; I have three different features of a pokemon, after all!" He chuckled lightly, trying to brighten his own feelings a bit after explaining the one thing he truly regretted to remember. He stared directly at Twilight after his remark. "He kept talking about some sort of eevee that was a monster, changing form from fire to water and back again. I figured he was just losing his mind, so I didn't ask and didn't remark about it." He turned his head back toward the town he had been coming from before his encounter with Twilight. "It could be of interest; after all, a pokemon that can change between more than just two evolutions? I wouldn't call it a normal characteristic of pokemon."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 30, 2014 5:16 pm

For a change, Twilight actually levelly held his gaze. "Nor would I." She exchanged glances with Akina. "That certainly sounds interesting. I might even go looking for it~ If it doesn't exist, no harm, no foul. If it does, then that is very interesting." She cast a fleeting glance at the sun again, taking note of exactly how much time she had spent chatting. "I might leave now. It would give me good training for the next gym~" She chirruped cheerfully. "Coming?" She smiled, directing the question to Naga and Angel. Akina gave Twilight a small brush of her tail.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Naga could only stare and blink when Angel perked up at Twilight's question. It seemed as though the trainer had openly asked if they would be going with them, even if that meaning was implied. Angel had quickly rushed over to Twilight's side, the pokemon turning and looking to her trainer. She seemed to be begging a bit to go on a small adventure instead of just traveling, and Naga sighed lightly when he saw it. He preferred for things to stay calm instead of rallying too much attention, but if Angel wanted to do something different, who was he to argue. "Sure; why not," he told Twilight, walking towards the trainer and his pokemon, the latter of whom started twirling a few times happily.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 30, 2014 5:29 pm

Twilight started happily walking in a direction which was probably toward the city, until she was brought back to earth by her companion. Akina gave her sharp nip and pointedly waved her tail in the opposite direction, toward the city. Sure, Twilight had a bad sense of direction, but this was overbearing. Strange she never lost her way in the forest where she lived. Not once. The city is just there! Like, right there! Twilight sheepishly started walking toward the city, before stopping and nudging Akina accusingly. The Eevee wouldn't be wandering around in the city if it was an acclaimed monster. So they ended up bickering in low voices and wandering first one way then another, causing more indecision than required. Looks like Naga may have to step in.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 30, 2014 5:45 pm

Naga watched Twilight and Akina nudging each other and finding confusion in regards to which direction to go. "If I may," he told Twilight. "If we're gonna go after some pokemon that may or may not exist, shouldn't we gather information about it first?" His question was a valid one, the trainer staring at Akina alongside his absol. "All we really know is that it's some sort of eevee that can change between multiple shapes with different abilities. We have no idea about a last known location." He then looked to Twilight. "And I don't want to suggest it, but if this pokemon is an eevee, it'd be best to have your friend hidden until we gather the information."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Immediately Akina made large eyes, as though begging not to be put away. "Eh, get in here. And no tossing about my items." Twilight said sternly, holding her bag open. Akina lightly jumped onto her shoulder and ungracefully scrambled into the bag, making it slightly bulge, but otherwise undetectable, especially so when Twilight draped her two ponytails over it. "Good idea! See! I knew we should have gone toward the city~" Her bag let out an indignant squeak, albeit muffled, but Twilight pretended not to notice. "Lead the way, chief~" She held out a hand with a sweeping gesture and stepped aside.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 30, 2014 5:52 pm

"Please don't call me chief," Naga told Twilight after he watched her stuff her bag with her pokemon, Akina. "Anywho..." He turned towards the town that he had just come from, beginning to walk towards the "madman" he had told the trainer about. His pokemon followed closely at his side, interested in how this was all going to turn out in the end.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Twilight followed close on his heels. There were small scrabbling noises from her bag, and once she thought she heard a ripping sound. That would be the books... She thought glumly, but soom Akina settled down.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 30, 2014 6:07 pm

Naga continued to lead. For an unknown reason, he could, somehow, know how close Twilight was following. He figured it was likely the breeze that was beginning to blow with the morning having risen, but he couldn't be too sure. When he heard the small noises from Twilight's bag, he figured that Akina had then disobeyed her trainer, either by accident or purpose. Pokemon were just as complex as a human being themselves; you could never figure out whether they had an intent or if things happened around them by an accident. He doubted the option for this particular instance was the "wrong place, wrong time" though.

He didn't make a mention of it himself, figuring the duo that he was traveling with would pick the situation apart later on. "We're almost there," he spoke to Twilight when they were approaching. It was obvious the madman was attracting attention, a small circle of people having gathered. Some were leaving while others were approaching, all showing interest in regards to the "monstrosity" of a pokemon he was preaching about. "It looks like there's a small crowd... Thoughts on how to diffuse it," Naga asked Twilight, stopping a bit away from the crowd and turned to her. "I'm just glad that their attention is on the man and not me... Tails aren't exactly 'normal,'" he thought to himself.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 1:03 pm

"Mmh..." Twilight had her eyes riveted thoughtfully on the tail as well. "Uh, I could wriggle in and hear what he has to stay. You don't have to if you don't wanna..." She swept her gaze over the crowd. She could somehow struggle to the center, and people tended to make way for children. Even though she wasn't a child, she was young enough to be admitted passage. (Oh look, first ever pass at her age. o3o)

"Orrrrr....we could cause a diversion or something that draws the people away if we have to talk to the man alone..." Twilight began drawing our her words, still obviously thinking. The bag had quietened down. Akina must be asleep. "If the first one, here. Hold this." She thrust the bag towards him. "Oh, watch out. She'll be grumpy if you wake her up. You could get scratched." She started heading towards the crowd. She wasn't too far off, if Naga still wanted to voice an opinion though.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 1:14 pm

Naga pondered Twilight's two suggestions for getting around the crowd, and honestly, he preferred the first over the second. He didn't want to draw too much attention to himself, and even though Twilight could be the target of a diversion, he figured she should be the one to talk to the madman. "Good luck," he voiced to her calmly, sitting down with the bag that twilight had thrust towards him. He questioned why she would tell him about waking her pokemon AFTER she had thrown him the bag, but he figured she hadn't thought about it.

Sighing to himself lightly, Naga sat down with the bag in his lap, wrapping his tail around letting it pat the ground a few times in his boredom. He'd wait patiently for Twilight, though he sent his absol to help her. The pokemon rushed quickly to Twilight's side upon being given the request, looking at the girl prepared to help her if she needed it. A few of the crowd standing on the outskirts, meanwhile, noticed Twilight approaching.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 1:23 pm

"Ah hey, watch that horn of yours." She murmured lightly to Angel who was quick to dash to her side. Seeing that some people noticed her approach, she quickly put on her best cute face. "Ah, um, excuse me~" She chirruped, her usual cheerful self, but her voice seemed slightly altered. It had that unconscious 'kyaa!' factor which makes a person baby a child.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 1:26 pm

The people stared at Twilight acting like a child, a few moving aside to let her through. Angel followed behind her carefully, the absol taking caution over her horn because Twilight had murmured about it. A few people towards the front told Twilight that the crowd was no place for a child, refusing to move because they wanted the information the madman would provide as well. Angel squirmed her way back to Twilight's side having fallen behind, looking to the trainer waiting for what they should do.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 1:38 pm

"Mu-" Twilight pouted sulkily, puffing out her cheeks. While she hadn't intended it, she still looked cute. They weren't the only ones who wanted information. And being in a crowd wouldn't kill her. Or a child for that matter. She wouldn't take up that much space anyway. And if wasn't like her presence would drive away the fellow. People could be so unreasonable at times. She shook her head. The point was clear that she didn't like people much. Years of interaction with pokemon had left her much more accustomed to the presence of pokemon than humans. That's why she traveled by hours not usually used by normal people. That's why she took paths through forests. It didn't even have to be a path. She'd make her own. Time for a different tactic.

The bag twitched in Naga's hands. Akina popped her head out and scrambled out, fur messed up, but surprisingly calm and with no intention to scratch or bite anybody. She hopped off and made a beeline towards Twilight, weaving through the throng on people, occasionally stepping on a foot or a shoe, but her soft paw were largely unnoticed. Twilight grinned as she saw Akina approaching and bent to pick her up. She didn't know how she always figured out when she wanted her, but she just did.

"Excuse me! I have an Eevee here." She started pushing gently through the crowd. If she created the impression that she had the abnormal Eevee the man was talking about, the general mentality would be to let her through. Possible curiosity on everybody's part.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 1:43 pm

The eevee's presence did influence some people to move, curiosity hitting them to know if Twilight really did have the abnormal specimen; however, the person at the very front refused to move, turning to stare at Twilight. "You have no business here girl," he told her, voice cold and eyes even colder. The individual didn't look much like the others, wrapping his arms while he stared. "You don't have the eevee; I can tell that much." Based on the man's response and the fact a few people were interrogating the madman behind him, it was obvious they knew something as well.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 1:49 pm

Twilight was taken aback. But she was too close now. "Please let me pass. I would like to hear what he has to say as well." She said calmly. She cold lose control at insignificant moments, but seemed to retain her reason when it was most crucial. It wasn't about business. It was pure, unhindered curiosity. She let Akina drop now that the man knew; she didn't like to be held. She was shorter than the man, and while she was wondering if she could hear what the man has to say from here, she certainly couldn't see anything, while the man could easily peer over her head. She seemed unaffected by his unwelcoming demeanor, effectively hiding her inner turmoil.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 1:54 pm

"I said for you to leave," the strange man told Twilight. Using his hands, he shoved her back towards the crowd, Angel quickly bolting behind Twilight to catch her if she got close to falling. "I don't care if you're curious!" He turned around, staring to his companions. They had beaten up the man a fair amount, the four dashing away before anyone could say much further. The crowd wouldn't stop them; they moved aside to not get caught up in what was going on in regards to the mysterious four. The madman, after sitting down with bruises on his arms and face, stared at the crowd, and after a few moments, their curiosity drained having to wait so long resulting in their dissipation as a group.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 1:59 pm

"Wah...?" Twilight stumbled backwards but she didn't lose her balance easily. She caught herself and caught onto the situation quickly, seeing the bruised man. "Odette. Follow them." She breathed into a sphere and opened it quietly to let out her Pidgey. Odette was still weak, and wouldn't be able to hold her own if noticed and caught up in a skirmish, but Twilight hoped to change that soon. And Odette was a great aviator. She flew off quickly, keeping a sharp eye on the group. Twilight turned back to the man. "Are you okay...? Do you need medicine or-or do you need to be taken to a hospital?" She asked, concerned about his state. 4 against 1 is too much to expect of anyone. She beckoned to Naga to come over now that the crowd was dispersing.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 2:07 pm

Naga noticed Twilight gesture for him to come over, the guy standing up with her bag in his hand. He quickly moved forward, standing beside his absol while the pokemon sat and watched the man and Twilight. "Y.. Yes, I'm fine," the man spoke to her while he rubbed his face lightly. "T... They didn't get the paper, so this is worth it..."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 2:13 pm

"Mm? What paper?" She was already reaching into her bag for the scarce human medicine she kept. Most of the stuff in her bag was for pokemon. And Twilight rarely ever fell ill. She tossed aside some ointment; he had no open wounds. She picked out some fever pills. They also worked as painkillers. He would be a bit sleepy later on, but sleep and rest are the best nurses. She unrolled some bandages as she handed the pills to the man, Akina nudging a bottle of water towards him. She wasn't too experienced with nursing people, but general knowledge and common sense was something everybody was armed with.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 2:18 pm

"I'm fine," the man told Twilight and Akina, gently nudging the water bottle away to them again. He didn't seem to desire the pills either. "I'm not bleeding, so I'm good to go." He chuckled lightly; obviously he had been through a lot of instances like the current scenario. "Tell me, what's your name?" He seemed grateful that the two wanted to help, so he was honestly considering telling them what he knew without fuss.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 2:21 pm

"Twilight." Usually she would fumble around, even with simple questions, but strangely, and quite predictably by now, she was calm in times of crisis. She hesitantly took the pills and water back, tucking them away for later use. She looked up at Naga, expecting him to answer as well since the question was probably directed towards both of them.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 2:27 pm

Naga looked at the man when Twilight had answered his question. "My name is Naga," he told the man, beginning to wonder to himself just how many people he was going to meet that day. "Ah... Well, its a pleasure to meet you both," the man responded kindly as his hand moved to his pocket. Moving the discussion back to what had caused the earlier commotion, he pulled out a few folded papers. "They were trying to get these," he told the duo.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Second time's the charm!~ - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

Second time's the charm!~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next