HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon Psyche

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Lucas
Lucas

Dragon Psyche Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Psyche   Dragon Psyche H6Q0F8zWed Feb 02, 2011 1:02 am

“So, for homework,” Professor Ohayashi’s next statement began as the class groaned in dread, “I want you all to write up a page summary of the function of the frontal lobe in a pokemon’s mind. If you paid attention during the lecture, it should be an easy task for you to complete.” Then, the professor paused in bewilderment as he looked to the back of the classroom. The room itself had mock stadium seating, and the doors were in the back. He saw Lucas entering quietly. He said, “Ladies and gentlemen, a rare treat these days, I would like to introduce to you before you leave Dr. Lucas Howard, pokemon psychologist and professor here at MKU (Middle Kanton University). Lucas gestured a broad wave of his hand to cover the majority of the class. Ohayashi said as he chuckled, “I could bore you with our stories, but I won’t. Class dismissed.”

Students of all ages filed out of the room in a disorganized fashion as Lucas approached Professor Ohayashi with the somber facial expression to which Ohayashi was already so well accustomed. Ohayashi said, “How have you been, Lucky? You haven’t come in to work in months, almost a full year. I’d say that’s an abuse of your tenure, buddy.”
“I’m doing better,” Lucas said.
“So, then, maybe you’ll come back for next semester? As you can see, I’ve been taking your classes while you’ve been gone. They have me teaching your material, which is difficult. The upside is that it’s helping me write my dissertation on this stuff. I’m using a lot of your research. You remember?”
“The ‘cognitive process of PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) in pokemon’, I remember.”
“That was great stuff.”
“I’m not coming back.”
“You’re not?”
“Not now.”
“So, what are you doing with your time? Still trying to get into that Gyrados’s head?”
“Yeah.”
“Playing mind games with pokemon,” Ohayashi chuckled as he crossed his arms and brought his right hand to his chin and lips to form a goatee with his palm and fingers.
“I was making progress until the last three weeks. For the last three weeks, he and I have been at a bit of a stand-still, so to break free of the gridlock in this cerebral warfare, I decided to trust a certain piece of my research that indicates consistent battle under the relationship of pokemon and trainer. He and I are embarking on a hopefully enlightening sojourn to collect all the badges from each pokemon gym leader.”
“Are you serious? That’s fantastic, Lucky! This could lead to some serious breakthroughs in the field. Speaking of field, this qualifies as field work FOR your research, so I’ll bet the university will financially back you, especially since they can’t afford to lose you. Besides, this sort of thing benefits the college.”
“They’re not going to sponsor it. That’s what I came to talk to them about, and it didn’t go well.”
“What?”
“I sold the idea as an extensive experiment, but they didn’t buy it. They don’t think I’ve yet recovered mentally from the tragic loss of my wife.”
“Are you serious?”
“It’s alright; I think it’s for the best. Special treatment would affect the experiment anyway. They’d put me in fancy hotels and have people pandering to Dose’s needs.”
“Dose?”
“I named him… by accident.”
“You named him Dose?”
“As in GyraDOS…”
“Yeah, I get that. I just…”
“He definitely has a trainer complex. Reaching level 21 recently has only exacerbated the problem via ego boost.”
“A trainer complex?”
“He believes he’s the pokemon AND the trainer. Obviously, we’ve got a lot to work through.”
“Well, good luck on your adventure, Lucky. Thanks for stopping by, too.”
“Later.”

Lucas left the university with the intent to get the most out of his journey experiment with Gyrados. He wanted the same experience that other trainers got—the tougher the better. He equated this learning experience with that of working out in a gym. After all, the efficacy of weight lifting is increased proportionate to the increase in difficulty.

Off campus, Lucas strolled down the sidewalks of Saffron’s busy streets. The sunshine to begin his journey profoundly contrasted with his not-so-sunny disposition. “Well, Dose,” he said to Gyrados’s pokeball, “I won’t make any progress if I let you hangout with any other pokemon unless they’re dragon types because you don’t see any other types as equals, and your ego is already enough of an obstacle. Consequently, I’ll only capture dragon pokemon. Occasionally, you’ll need to be put in your place. It’s for your own good.”

Lucas began his journey en route (no pun intended) to Pewter City via route five. Route five would take him north to Cerulean City from which he would use the cave in Mt. Moon. He walked through a gateway building that led to route five. The guard in the station said, “Hello, sir. Headed to Cerulean City?”
“Yes, I am,” Lucas replied.
“Well, take care, sir.”

Lucas exited onto route five.
Lucas
Lucas

Dragon Psyche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Psyche   Dragon Psyche H6Q0F8zThu Feb 03, 2011 12:06 am

Touring route five, Lucas found himself caught up in a reverie. He was in his own little world when, suddenly, his daydream was interrupted by a(n) _______!
Doragon

Dragon Psyche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Psyche   Dragon Psyche H6Q0F8zFri Feb 04, 2011 5:33 am

arbok level 27
Lucas
Lucas

Dragon Psyche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Psyche   Dragon Psyche H6Q0F8zSat Feb 05, 2011 12:08 am

Even being startled, Lucas's shock didn't easily show. He stared pensively as though he were studying the Arbok. Masking his anxiety and the rush of his adrenaline, he slowly equipped his pokeball. He hesitated for only a moment; then, he tossed the pokeball half the distance between himself and the Arbok. Gyrados sprang forth from the pokeball and loomed tall, kissing the sky. It seemed thirsty for battle, but Lucas was intent on getting the Gyrados to obey his orders. "Dose," Lucas shouted, "use Icy Wind!" Much to Lucas's chagrin, however, Gyrados felt he had a better idea. Rather than Icy Wind, Gyrados used Thrash. Gyrados's massively cylindrical body charged at the Arbok.
Rayquaza Dude
Rayquaza Dude

Dragon Psyche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Psyche   Dragon Psyche H6Q0F8zSat Feb 05, 2011 12:19 am

(Dude way too many experienced words, try to tone down for the sake of others, *cough* doragon *cough*)

Arbok was hit by the high powered move, it used bite. as it lunged at gyarados its menacing fangs reflected in the bright sun, shining into gyarodos' eyes
Lucas
Lucas

Dragon Psyche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Psyche   Dragon Psyche H6Q0F8zSat Feb 05, 2011 12:35 am

((OOC: lol gotcha sorry, I guess that can make people not want to read))

Gyrados was distracted by the blinding glare of the sunlight from Arbok's teeth. "Move Dose!" Lucas said. In his distraction, however, Gyrados failed to dodge Arbok's attack and was bitten harshly. Gyrados roared in pain. Lucas was used to Gyrados's behavior and, therefore, knew that Gyrados felt mildly insulted by the idea that he needed suggestions with regard to what moves to use. Lucas needed to find a way to balance the negative in his commands with something positive, so he said, "Dose, that Arbok won't stand a chance against your Icy Wind. You'll be too strong for him!" Gyrados, then, used Icy Wind after recovering from Arbok's bite.
Rayquaza Dude
Rayquaza Dude

Dragon Psyche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Psyche   Dragon Psyche H6Q0F8zSat Feb 05, 2011 12:39 am

arbok instinctively curled up, minimizing the damage, it then used toxic, flinging poison on gyarados, aiming for the eyes
Lucas
Lucas

Dragon Psyche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Psyche   Dragon Psyche H6Q0F8zSat Feb 05, 2011 12:48 am

Gyrados nearly managed to dodge the toxic attack, but it hit the tip of its tail. Though it missed its specific target where it could have poisoned Gyrados, it still landed, causing Gyrados pain. Having taken damage, Gyrados didn't wait for Lucas to give another command. He simply rushed at Arbok using Thrash again. "No, Dose," Lucas said, "we don't want to be predictable!"
Rayquaza Dude
Rayquaza Dude

Dragon Psyche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Psyche   Dragon Psyche H6Q0F8zSat Feb 05, 2011 12:58 am

arbok slithered around it and used bind on its neck
Lucas
Lucas

Dragon Psyche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Psyche   Dragon Psyche H6Q0F8zSat Feb 05, 2011 1:22 am

Gyrados struggled while entangled with Arbok. Lucas said, "Look at you now, Dose. You've yet to realize how important our teamwork is. The problem is you refuse to trust me. Trust is key. Without it, you can really get yourself in a bind, no pun intended." Gyrados roared an angry roar that implied that, as soon as Arbok was gone, Lucas was next. "Rest assured, Dose. You don't have to prove anything to me. I know how great you are; that's why I'm with you... to the end. You can handle anything; just let me help. Now, try to smash Arbok into the ground to break free."

Gyrados flung its top half up into the air and brought it back down to smash the Arbok into the ground with the intent of loosening the Arbok's grip.
Rayquaza Dude
Rayquaza Dude

Dragon Psyche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Psyche   Dragon Psyche H6Q0F8zSat Feb 05, 2011 1:56 pm

arbok, collided with the ground and with the heavy force of gyarados' body pushing against it, it fainted.

Gyarados gained a Level
Lucas
Lucas

Dragon Psyche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Psyche   Dragon Psyche H6Q0F8zTue Feb 08, 2011 12:56 am

Lucas looked at Gyrados from beneath creased brow and slight smirk. Gyrados, now level 22, postured victoriously and roared a dominant roar that implied Lucas had nothing to do with it. Lucas stretched out his arm holding the pokeball and said, "Gyrados return." In snake-like fashion, Gyrados streamed back into the sphere called home. Lucas anticipated that, despite the victory, Gyrados was likely quite fatigued, so he decided to make sure he stopped by the pokemon center as soon as possible.

Crossing the imaginary and somewhat unestablished line between route five and Cerulean City limits, Lucas could see the roof of the Cerulean City gym in the distance.
Sponsored content

Dragon Psyche Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Psyche   Dragon Psyche H6Q0F8z

Dragon Psyche
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1