HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gareth Wise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Gareth The Wise
Gareth The Wise

Gareth Wise Empty
PostSubject: Gareth Wise   Gareth Wise H6Q0F8zTue Apr 01, 2014 8:35 am

BASIC INFORMATION
Name: Gareth Wise
Nickname: N/A
Birthplace: Hoenn - Lilycove
Battle Style: Gareth's battle style is a bit matured.  He has previous experience with battling and tends to analyze situations and give orders.  He'll most likely do pretty well at the beginning of his journey but he really has no experience for the more 'intermediate' to 'advanced' stuff.  Of course Gareth, himself, would never admit that.

Looks:
Gareth Wise Tumblr_m8fhk68gxI1qic25lo1_500

Personality: Gareth isn’t the nicest guy ‘round.  He has a bit of an attitude problem and is probably as blunt as they come.  He has some past trainer experience under his belt from his previous endeavors and so he’s pretty confident.  But, Gareth is confident in general about a lot of things—and tends to believe he’s right. About everything.  Because of his somewhat boorish nature he can sometimes conflict with his own pokemon and get into arguments or heated discussions.  But deep down, deep, deep down in the farthest reaches of his gut you can find a nice guy.

Due to his time taking part-time jobs at the nearby Pokémon Safari Gareth has taken a liking to rangering.  He enjoyed taking care of the pokémon there.  His ambition for journeying around Hoenn is closely linked to the safari and, likewise, his interest in the safari was closely linked to his first journey some four years ago.  Aside from all that another passion that Gareth has is working on things.  It was a passion that thrived more so in his younger years and dwindled as he became older.  His focus, instead, moved to the idea of journeying through Hoenn and visiting all over the region.

History: First off let’s make it very clear that Gareth was not born in Fortree City.  God, if he had been born in Fortree City he would have shot himself dead.  Which was, ultimately, the reason why he left  a few years ago to journey Hoenn as a Pokemon Trainer.  His journey prematurely ended and Gareth found himself shipped back to that God awful city once more only to leave again a couple of weeks ago—or God help him he was going to shoot himself.  Dead.  But enough of that, let’s go all the way back to his years of infancy:

Gareth Wise was born and raised in Lilycove City.  Oh, beautiful, Lilycove. The city that was not made up of tree houses.  If asked, he would tell you Lilycove was the happiest days in his life.   The second happiest day of his life would have been the day he made the decision to try a second time at journeying through Hoenn.  The worst day of his life was the day his family suffered financial setbacks, packed, and moved in with their Uncle Hilbert.  In Fortree.  FORTREE.

And then Gareth at the ripe rebellious heavy metal age of 14 left home to jump into the world of amazing pokemon and training.  He made it impressively far—at least for a 14 year old (in Gareth’s humble [and totally not vain] opinion)—before his family roped him back in and cried poor mouth.  Gareth took up odd jobs at the Safari to help his family and Uncle Hilbert out.  Uncle Hilbert the psycho tree hugger who often times reminded him of the cartoon movie Tarzan—and NOT in a good way.

Well as soon as Gareth turned 18 he said BEEP you, packed his things, and made his way to Littleroot.

GARETH'S INVENTORY
Badges:
Items: 5 Poke Balls
Money: $6,200

POKÉMON
Gareth Wise Tumblr_myredaMwui1scncwdo5_250
Pokémon: Mudkip
Nickname: N/A
Level: Level 19
Moves:

• Tackle
  • Growl
  • Mud-Slap
  • Water Gun
  • Mud Bomb
  • Bide
  • Foresight

Ability: Torrent
Personality: Ironically enough, Mudkip actually mirrors his trainer's personality fairly close.  The guy's tough and not intimidated easily.  He's also bossy and has trouble following orders from time to time—sometimes he just believes that HE is right and HIS attack strategy is better.
Exp: 11

Last edited by Gareth The Wise on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Gareth Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gareth Wise   Gareth Wise H6Q0F8zTue Apr 01, 2014 8:51 am

You do indeed need to fill out said starter's information before you get going. Sorry about that. Also, I love your character so far, but if you could add a bit more to his personality and history I'd love that even more. Paint me a real picture of Gareth, yes? What was his time like in Lilycove? What went wrong in the first journey and why has he no Pokemon now? Etc. Thanks.
Gareth The Wise
Gareth The Wise

Gareth Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gareth Wise   Gareth Wise H6Q0F8zTue Apr 01, 2014 9:30 am

Okay, so I added in his starter pokémon information and I also added another paragraph to his personality.  My history does state what went wrong in his first journey (his families financial crisis).

Regarding adding further to Gareth's history: The profile template clearly states that only a paragraph needs to be written to pass the standards of acceptance and I wrote three paragraphs.

I feel that I did a good job explaining with enough detail the background story of his life.  The smaller details such as memories of growing up in Lilycove, what happened to his first pokémon, and even his time in Fortree will be revealed within roleplays as Gareth goes through his journey.  C :
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Gareth Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gareth Wise   Gareth Wise H6Q0F8zTue Apr 01, 2014 12:51 pm

While that is true, there's nothing wrong with wabting more, and other mods/admins have backed my requests in the past and I've asked this of many other members. I like your character and trust you will show development, so I'll accept you anyhow. Don't let me down.
Sponsored content

Gareth Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gareth Wise   Gareth Wise H6Q0F8z

Gareth Wise
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1