HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How about adding...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
cadcrafter

How about adding... Empty
PostSubject: How about adding...   How about adding... H6Q0F8zSun Mar 02, 2014 6:43 pm

The orre region, eithier under its own section, or other places. Yes? No?
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: How about adding...   How about adding... H6Q0F8zMon Mar 03, 2014 7:43 am

I'd so love this idea. Orre was amazing!
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: How about adding...   How about adding... H6Q0F8zMon Mar 03, 2014 8:16 am

No, because adding Orre region would also mean adding Shadow Pokémon, etc. In my opinion, this website is based on the original Pokémon games where the goal is to pick a starter, win badges, and be the champion.

I would agree with adding Orre as long as the region would act just like any other area would.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: How about adding...   How about adding... H6Q0F8zMon Mar 03, 2014 9:07 am

But should Orre be added, wouldn't it be more appropriate to make it function as itself, Shadow pokemon and all, instead of an ordinary region? And the amount of work that alone would require...
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: How about adding...   How about adding... H6Q0F8zMon Mar 03, 2014 9:23 am

Exactly. Technically it could be added and would open more game opportunity for the others but it would require work like Absol said.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: How about adding...   How about adding... H6Q0F8zMon Mar 03, 2014 8:46 pm

While this is true, it's not as if all the custom region stuff and its Pokemon were ever necessary, and if anything have even been followed properly if what I've seen mods say is any indication. I'd still love Orre even without the shadow Pokemon. It was darker than the others and worked a bit differently in terms of wild/trainer battle ratios. It's no more work, really, than with less regions, because it depends if people play there or not and if the mods are skillful enough to plot/handle an adventure there well enough.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: How about adding...   How about adding... H6Q0F8zMon Mar 03, 2014 9:33 pm

In the beginning, it was my understanding that when I came over here that the regions would simply follow the games, ie the main series of games but that was never really stated. Things have often been loosely interpreted between staff members, and the second one person decides to do something it's hard to argue against them without getting frustrated that they won't try to discuss something. However, it really doesn't help that when something does start getting discussed it either comes down to a few people commenting on it and coming to an agreement or people don't want the idea to even happen.

Ealora was never agreed on by the staff. That was the product of a single staff member, who at the time was the Head Manager. She did not discuss any of it with her fellow staff members, and worked on it by herself. This same person is the one who brought about such absurdly powerful Aura Trainers who can literately walk around and one-hit Pokemon and people if they really wanted to. We are currently going to decide what to do with the custom regions of Minoru and Ealora, along with the Elementalist class which may or may not suffer nerfs, be removed, be allocated to only being an NPC rank, or be something that has a requirement. However, it is likely the Minoru and Ealora regions will be rewritten to be conjoined areas and be our testing area for new things as we can alter those regions as we please.

As for the following regions: Orange Archipelago, Fiore, Almia, Oblivia, Decolore Isl. and Battle Arena, their fate is currently undecided. Though it is nice to have regions, we really only need so many and the main series of games would be fine enough. I don't know if they were agreed upon to be added or someone just added them, but it is likely they will come under discussion and a general census of the staff will decide it. This doesn't mean we'll delete them and they may just be hidden.

In addition, most Trainer Classes will be going under review as well and have alterations done to them. This is to balance them out and allow for positives and negatives to most classes. In addition, some classes may be allocated to become a sub-section of a particular class, and be represented by a rank image and not group color. This will likely have little impact on things and isn't finalized, so do not hold these statements against the staff.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: How about adding...   How about adding... H6Q0F8zMon Mar 03, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm gonna put it out there now that if the Archipelago is deleted/hidden, I'll be devastated. I love that region, it's the one I always play in on sites and it was a main draw for me way back when and obviously still is on my return. Battle Arena still feels like a custom region (I mean, if it was Poketopia, It'd be different?), but yeah. I feel like deleting canon regions isn't the answer. If work is so tough, hire more mods or train harder the ones already there. Really, it comes down to the amount of players. not the places.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: How about adding...   How about adding... H6Q0F8zMon Mar 03, 2014 10:10 pm

Nishwishes wrote:
I'm gonna put it out there now that if the Archipelago is deleted/hidden, I'll be devastated. I love that region, it's the one I always play in on sites and it was a main draw for me way back when and obviously still is on my return. Battle Arena still feels like a custom region (I mean, if it was Poketopia, It'd be different?), but yeah. I feel like deleting canon regions isn't the answer. If work is so tough, hire more mods or train harder the ones already there. Really, it comes down to the amount of players. not the places.

Canon in terms of Pokemon is very loose. You can go by the main series of games, which is R/B/Y/G, G/S/C, R/S/E/LG/FR, D/P/Pt/HG/SS, B/W/B2/W2, X/Y. Then there's the spin-off games, like rangers and mystery dungeon who are typically handled by third-parties.

Not to mention it's hard to go by the anime too. It's really convoluted and often throws in extra towns and cities when it's relevant to the plot of that episode. It's not an anime that is supposed to build the world up, but instead its a cash cow. They just rinse and repeat the same journey with different supporting characters that fill a certain role in the party.

Because this was never agreed on it and the Pokemon canon can range from the main series of games alone, to include spin-off regions like Orre, the pokemon manga, or the pokemon anime. Bulbapedia itself has an article on this subject, and it covers the games, anime, and manga.

Quote :

The canon of the core series considers the following:
Events occurring in the core series games are the ultimate canon.
Player choices such as the hero's gender and starter Pokémon are generally not standardized within the canon, with the exception of Red in the Generation I games and their remakes.
In the case of conflicts between versions of a game, the later one such as a third version or remake, supersedes. As such, Pokémon Crystal Version canonically supersedes Pokémon Gold and Silver Versions, while Pokémon Platinum Version is canon instead of its paired counterparts Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Versions. If equally new versions, such as paired versions, conflict, the canonical one is generally not standardized.
Content from games related to the core series is canon unless it conflicts with events in the core series games, while content from unrelated spin-offs is generally non-canon.
Canonical material via other forms of media, like animated trailers, manuals or merchandise, may exist depending on each case.

Quote :

The canon of the Pokémon anime considers the following:
The events of each and every episode are canon, and occur in chronological order with the exception of EP052, which takes place before EP049.
All movies are canon, and usually act the same as "filler" episodes, as Ash and his friends do not obtain, evolve, or release any Pokémon, and do not get any Badges or Ribbons. The episodes a movie premieres between in Japan are the episodes that precede and follow it in chronological order, except in the case of Mewtwo Strikes Back, which occurs between EP067 and EP068 (but premiered between EP054 and EP055) and The Power of One which occurs between EP105 and EP106 (but premiered between EP104 and EP105), among a few others.
The Japanese version of the anime supersedes any and all dubs if there is conflict between them, unless the dub corrects an obvious error. If something is said in a dub that is not mentioned in the original, it may not be truly canon.

Quote :

The canon of the various Pokémon manga considers the following:
Each manga series is a separate canon, except in instances of sequels, such as Pokémon Chamo-Chamo ☆ Pretty ♪, which follows from Magical Pokémon Journey.
Pokémon Adventures chapters and rounds follow chronologically from one another, rather than having the Ruby & Sapphire and Emerald chapters occur contemporaneously to the Red, Green & Blue and Yellow chapters as the storylines of the games they are based on do. The same applies to Diamond & Pearl and Platinum chapters which do not occur simultaneously with the Gold, Silver & Crystal chapter. The exception to this rule is HeartGold & SoulSilver chapter, which occurs between Emerald and Diamond & Pearl. Although the rounds of a chapter follow chronologically from one another there are few exceptions to this: for example, Buzz Off, Butterfree! (round 152) takes place simultaneously with Slugging It Out With Slugma (round 117).

The canon is quite hard to determine because there are three canons one can abide by, and it is difficult to abide by all three and appease their specifics. Because we never agreed on what one we are using, it becomes increasing difficult to make any calls aside from simply saying something will be discussed. And because the core series of the games never had any official Orange Archipelago, that would mean if we went by that canon logic, we wouldn't need to *keep* that region around. However, if what I hope we can do with Minoru and Ealora, we may be able to apply it to similar regions such as Kanto and the Archipelago. Personally I don't mind the Archipelago, as it was more interesting than the islands at the end of LG/FR. There's actually something to do in those islands and like I said, nothing I say is finalized or even being discussed yet.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: How about adding...   How about adding... H6Q0F8zTue Mar 04, 2014 6:27 am

This.

Is why I quit staff. That's all I'm going to say.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about adding...   How about adding... H6Q0F8z

How about adding...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1