HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting a fossil de-fossilized

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

Getting a fossil de-fossilized Empty
PostSubject: Getting a fossil de-fossilized   Getting a fossil de-fossilized H6Q0F8zSat Jan 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Burton jumped off of Quagsire's back, landing unsteadily on the uneven ground and staggering a bit. "Thanks, Quagsire, you did really well," he said, tossing Quagsire a delicious, rather rare berry. Quagsire munched it happily. Burton let out Charmander, who'd been in her Poke Ball for safety reasons. "Where does one go to find the Pokem..." he started to say, then he saw a large, if slightly weathered sign with arrows pointing in the directions of various buildings and tourist attractions around the island. It was headed by the words
WELCOME TO CINNABAR ISLAND.
An arrow pointed due East of where Burton stood now. Mew read the sign (or seemed to be reading it, that is- Burton wasn't entirely sure if Mew could read) but appeared to lose interest and instead contented himself to pluck Burton's hat from its rightful head, throwing it progressively higher in the air and catching it again each time. Burton hurried off in the direction of the Pokemon Lab. When he finally reached it, his eyes were met with a slightly less-than-grandiose sight- a squat little building with rounded ends and strange pillars that didn't seem to do anything, but were just simply there. Burton hurried inside. Mew stayed behind as going inside would put his game to a halt, and the hat was now going almost twenty feet in the air with every toss. Quagsire stayed behind too because he was in obvious awe of Mew's hat-catching skills. The interior was cool, almost cold, and Burton was almost blinded by the gleaming surfaces and marble floor which was polished to a shine. Two counters ran south to north on the east and west walls, blocking off two small enclosed spaces shaped like crescent moons for employees. This made the interior walking space a rectangle even though the building was an oval. As Burton walked along the western counter, checking the signs hanging above the small booths set up along it, people called things out to him: a girl with a long black braid said, "Hey, kid, ya got a Venonat? I'll trade this Tangela for it." Her sign featured two Pokeballs evidently switching places. It was completely green.
"No, sorry, I don't have a Venonat," he called over his shoulder. The old man in the booth next to hers (whose sign featured almost exactly the same logo but in yellow) offered him an Electrode for a Raichu, but as Burton didn't have one of those either, he declined and continued onward. The next booth had a guy who offered to teach one of Burton's Pokemon the move Metronome and a sign with a metronome on it, the ticker all the way to the left, in full swing. "In my younger days I would've offered you a complimentary Metronome TM, but those disappeared faster than a Bidoof who angered Arceus."
Finally, Burton came to the very last booth in the row. Its sign depicted a large, brown lumpy thing that, after a minute's consideration, turned out to be a fossil. "Hi," said Burton, pulling the fossil from his belt, "I got this fossil a while back and was hoping to get it restored. You think you could help me?"

Last edited by Quibbloboy on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Getting a fossil de-fossilized   Getting a fossil de-fossilized H6Q0F8zSat Jan 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Charmander jumped up on the counter and hopped up and down with some angry 'Char!'s, as if to say, "Oi! What gives? We've been waiting here forever. Won't you ever help with this fossil, or am I gonna have to break out my Claws of Fury?"
Mew
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Getting a fossil de-fossilized   Getting a fossil de-fossilized H6Q0F8zMon Jan 17, 2011 8:39 am

"Sorry the machines are currently under repair. Theres nothing I can do about it" says the man
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Getting a fossil de-fossilized   Getting a fossil de-fossilized H6Q0F8zThu Jan 20, 2011 3:41 pm

"Fine," said Burton, his eye twitching a bit, "Good-bye." He left. Outside he let all of his Pokemon out of their Poke Balls. "Quagsire," he called. Quagsire ambled over. "How far can you Surf?" He showed Quagsire a map. Quagsire stared at it for several seconds, his head turning left and right. Finally, he held up his hands and set them on two points that were quite far from each other on the map. "Good," said Burton happily, "Let's go." He indicated their current spot on the map to Quagsire and the place he wanted to go. "Those of you who can, you may fly along behind if you wish. Charmander, Epillar, Rattata, you'll have to get back into your Poke Balls." Epillar and Rattata trotted over; they'd been playing together a short distance away and they were tired. Charmander only got into hers begrudgingly; she didn't particularly enjoy traveling in a Poke Ball. Spearow didn't seem to think flying over water behind a Quagsire with an IQ of about 90 and a kid who didn't even know what his own Pokemon was with only an energetic, lunatic Mew for company was very dignified, so he recalled himself, too. So Mew, Burton and Quagsire set out. Mew took Burton's hat and donned it. "Don't drop that," he called over the whistling wind.
(Starting a new topic)
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a fossil de-fossilized   Getting a fossil de-fossilized H6Q0F8z

Getting a fossil de-fossilized
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1