HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FIXING THIS SITE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Ukiki
Ukiki

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 8:28 am

Ok so this site was amazing though not as colourful 2 years back when I started, however it's gotten cluttered and messy since my leave and return. Here's a list of what I think the admins need to complete to fix this site up;

* Go through and delete all accounts that are over a month old and have never made a single post. (Yes I understand this will take a long time but it should/was going to happen when I was still staff long ago but never did) This NEEDS to happen so staff can easily tell who the real members are and whatnot.

* Reset the staff, getting rid of the inactive and bringing in the active. (this obviously cant fully happen till lucretia returns or is gone long enough to fully replace her but you get my drift). All people classified as "mods" should be modding and if they have other jobs that are still staff then they should be called otherwise so as not to confuse people.

* Contests as in for coordinators, you have them on the list for possible things but have nothing for them to do to entice people to choose it. (I've had things suggested in old staff forums before that nearly went through but then the staff stopped coming and blahblah it didn't end up going though) I'd be happy to be allowed to hold them myself once a month or w.e for something a little different.

* Proper Battle System (mods should check the levels and stats of the pokemon that the trainer is using and make sure it's taken into consideration with what they're against etc, don't know if you've finally got around to having a system set or not but if you want ideas I have one from an old site I helped out on that I'd be willing to show you)

That's it for now will update and edit this as I think of more things.
Bryan
Bryan

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 8:31 am

I suggest improving Matt's battle system that everyone forgot. I hate complicated systems.

P.S.: Fixing something? Call 262 for Bob the Builder. YES WE CAN!!!
Pit
Pit

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 1:11 pm

Or do a 1 year inactivity sweep. Anyone who hasn't posted in the last 365 days is deleted due to inactivity. They could make a new account if they want to start coming back on.
EmpoleonZach
EmpoleonZach

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 1:31 pm

Okay, I'll be blunt, your Ideas Suck.

1st: No, we DON'T NEED to delete old RPs. That is NOT how you determine who is a bot. Because there are some people like me, who have posted in other RPs that aren't continuing because the people left, and even though they aren't continuing there are still good memories in those RPs. That's why we Archive stuff.

2nd: You can suggest if someone should be demoted as a mod, but you have no power to say every mod who isn't as active as others should be demoted. Mods don't need a million topics to post to be active. Obviously you have the wrong idea and definition of "Active Mod". The only ones that are "inactive" are the ones that haven't logged in in eons. Ever noticed those symbols on the Staff Box? Those are the Staff that are up for Modding and those who aren't. That doesn't mean that the ones who aren't aren't inactive, they just aren't available.

3rd: All you say is Delete RPs and PEOPLE who haven't logged in (Pit T_T ). Deleting anything on this site is unnecessary and unfair. Anyone could return anytime, and how would you like it if it's because you had a problem that you couldn't get on, and you finally do only to find that your account and all your RPs which you so want to continue are, and characters, are all gone? That's terrible.

NO ONE ON THIS SITE DEERSERVES TO HAVE THEMSELVES OR THEIR RPS DELETED, AND DOING SO WILL NOT FIX THE SITE, HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST THESE STUPID CRAPPY SUGGESTIONS.
Jikumo
Jikumo

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 2:19 pm

EmpoleonZach wrote:

1st: No, we DON'T NEED to delete old RPs. That is NOT how you determine who is a bot. Because there are some people like me, who have posted in other RPs that aren't continuing because the people left, and even though they aren't continuing there are still good memories in those RPs. That's why we Archive stuff.

2nd: You can suggest if someone should be demoted as a mod, but you have no power to say every mod who isn't as active as others should be demoted. Mods don't need a million topics to post to be active. Obviously you have the wrong idea and definition of "Active Mod". The only ones that are "inactive" are the ones that haven't logged in in eons. Ever noticed those symbols on the Staff Box? Those are the Staff that are up for Modding and those who aren't. That doesn't mean that the ones who aren't aren't inactive, they just aren't available.

3rd: All you say is Delete RPs and PEOPLE who haven't logged in (Pit T_T ). Deleting anything on this site is unnecessary and unfair. Anyone could return anytime, and how would you like it if it's because you had a problem that you couldn't get on, and you finally do only to find that your account and all your RPs which you so want to continue are, and characters, are all gone? That's terrible.

NO ONE ON THIS SITE DEERSERVES TO HAVE THEMSELVES OR THEIR RPS DELETED, AND DOING SO WILL NOT FIX THE SITE, HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST THESE STUPID CRAPPY SUGGESTIONS.
You need to figure out what constructive criticism is. "YOU SUCK AND **** YOU" isn't the way to tell people their ideas are wrong. Even if they are wrong in YOUR eyes doesn't make you the right one. I kind of feel this is right in some aspects, as mods who aren't available for as long as they have been should be considered inactive and taken off the board. I think it's already happening, as they're recruiting MORE mods.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 2:42 pm

1. Though a purge isn't necessarily a bad thing, I don't think a month is a good deadline. Whe I first joined, it took a few weeks of lurking before I finally started RPing, and it could be the same for others. Maybe a 6 month or year cut off would be a better timeframe. *Silently shudders at the purge, remembering how time consuming it was to just remove members who hadn't posted from the Pokemon Trainer group*

2. The staff list does show all of the staff that's logged in within the past few weeks. I did already clarify the Mods that can take topics. Any with a green dot have told me that they are able and willing to Mod topics at this point in time. Red dots signify someone who either can't take any new topics, doesn't Mod as their main contribution to the site, or cannot pick up topics for various reasons. Heck, this is my last week of Marching band, once it's over, I'll probably pick up topics again. Just because they aren't at this point in time doesn't mean they won't Mod when they regain the time to ^^

3. I'm all ears for one if you can come up with it~
Tsu
Tsu

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 3:03 pm

EmpoleonZach wrote:

Constructive criticism please, not an all-out assault.
Jikumo
Jikumo

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Goddski wrote:
EmpoleonZach wrote:

Constructive criticism please, not an all-out assault.
*rubs nipples* I TOLD YA, ZACH~
EmpoleonZach
EmpoleonZach

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 9:33 pm

Demoting Mods is one thing, Taking users off the board altogether is another. And that's just wrong. It's like banning them for no reason. And RPs DON'T need to be deleted. They are archived, not deleted.

I mean think about it, its like if youtube suddenly said "If you don't upload a video in 6 months, your channel and all videos will be deleted, and any video that isn't watched in 6 months will be removed."

And btw, about this whole "Constructive Critism" crap with my comment, I laughed when you started talking about it. Because It made me think about This Scene

Captain Smoker FTW
pikachu464
pikachu464

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 9:41 pm

This is an awful idea. I'd NEVER be part of a site like that. People have a life outside of net you know. You can't expect people to be on all the time. Plus what if their computer died or they lost net and had no way to get online for a long time. So that wouldn't be fair. People do have good reasons for not being online for months you know.
Tsu
Tsu

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 9:47 pm

EmpoleonZach wrote:
Demoting Mods is one thing, Taking users off the board altogether is another. And that's just wrong. It's like banning them for no reason. And RPs DON'T need to be deleted. They are archived, not deleted.

I mean think about it, its like if youtube suddenly said "If you don't upload a video in 6 months, your channel and all videos will be deleted, and any video that isn't watched in 6 months will be removed."

And btw, about this whole "Constructive Critism" crap with my comment, I laughed when you started talking about it. Because It made me think about This Scene
EmpoleonZach wrote:
]"NO ONE ON THIS SITE DEERSERVES TO HAVE THEMSELVES OR THEIR RPS DELETED, AND DOING SO WILL NOT FIX THE SITE, HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST THESE STUPID CRAPPY SUGGESTIONS."
This isn't constructive, now please give helpful insight instead or arguing please.

Last edited by Goddski on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
thaloden
thaloden

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 9:57 pm

I think to help cut down you should have a spot where people can post that there no longer going to play on this site and that its okay to delete there file
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
EmpoleonZach
EmpoleonZach

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Okay, my advice is to Not Delete Any RPs, but to put them in an Archive.
Bryan
Bryan

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Well, this is one of the main reasons why I hate discussion in THIS site. People are either too stupid that they start with a random mean attitude. Ah, cheezburger. I'll just sit my fat backside here and start modding later today.
EmpoleonZach
EmpoleonZach

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zSat Oct 26, 2013 12:29 am

Ahh everyone here is such a wussy. "I said A Rude Word! Waaaah!"

Get over it.
Tsu
Tsu

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zSat Oct 26, 2013 12:30 am

Please do not continue this argument.
Black Nova
Black Nova

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zSat Oct 26, 2013 12:37 am

I agree with Zach about not deleting any RPs because, you know. Memories. But we should revamp some stuff around here. Instead of deleting accounts (which would take soo much time) we should move them to like an inactive group instead. Everything else seems fine, it's just time consuming and will change a lot of things. But I don't really see what's wrong with that kind of change.
Ukiki
Ukiki

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zSat Oct 26, 2013 4:52 am

I never said to delete any RPs... I said a month for someone that has NEVER posted. Therefore people that make accounts but then leave afterwards. Mostly they don't realise this site is a text based RP.

Also I was demoted as a mod for inactivity... LOL I was actually a mod a couple years back soooo obviously you guys do demote for that.

EDIT: moving all the accounts takes longer than deleting them....and it's not inactive, it's like the ones that don't EVER come here after learning it's not like a video game.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zSat Oct 26, 2013 5:08 am

And here comes the mother ******* argument all over again. These are all issues I've at one point or another asked to be considered for discussion or, in Zach's terms, used rude words. We obviously retain the right to delete accounts who post here just to advertise or because they think we're some sort of online video game. The advertisement boards should in fact be guest friendly to prevent an overload of unneeded accounts being made just to advertise.

Lucretia can be at anytime, with full consent by every active staff member, be removed from the head position and Kare can become full-fledged. However it must be unanimous, there cannot be a single disagreement.

I don't know where the **** it is, but there should be a god damn ******* historical archives where everything and I mean everything but discussions from the staff sections go. Members should have free access to roam and see whats in there. Anything that needs to be pulled out can easily be done.

Zach please, I was the hate monger before it was cool. Call me a hipster maybe? (See what I did there? Huh?)

It's already under review that the staff undergo an activity check so the inactive ones can be dropped. I myself resigned back around the end of August to prepare for college and now I just come on to chew people out like this. Fun stuff.
EmpoleonZach
EmpoleonZach

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zSat Oct 26, 2013 7:18 am

You know what leighton, you're right. I'm sorry I tore you down before I take back every criticism of your behavior. Never again will I give you crap about it.
Tsu
Tsu

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zSat Oct 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Please keep it on topic. I have deleted the spam posts.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zSat Oct 26, 2013 11:43 pm

No. Maybe we'll start talking about rainbows and unicorns. How the sun is so god damn small compared to other larger stars/balls of gas.
MrJaffa
MrJaffa

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zMon Nov 04, 2013 11:33 am

While everyone's arguing about deleting mods, people, RPs and all that stuff, I just wanna say something about revamping the battle system--
YES PLEASE!
There is no set battle system, and while I don't have any ideas at the moment, I'd love to see one, as well as a proper coordinating system. I could have a level ninety milotic and it could still be clumsy as all hell. So I'd like to see a pokemons coordinating skill level separated from the battling level.
Bryan
Bryan

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8zMon Nov 04, 2013 12:59 pm

I do have an idea about it. Two ideas actually. One is remodeling/improving member MattFang's idea which I don't know how's going on now in that Staff Forum. Two, my own idea with the use of the website, "Psypokes" calculators which I told Kare by PM. I have not received any updates on what's going on about those two. :|
Sponsored content

FIXING THIS SITE Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIXING THIS SITE   FIXING THIS SITE H6Q0F8z

FIXING THIS SITE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1