HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The arguments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
break994
break994

The arguments  Empty
PostSubject: The arguments    The arguments  H6Q0F8zSun Sep 15, 2013 12:48 am

I've noticed that on this site there's been TOO much bickering ,children come here yet we all bicker with constant mouthing.
Guys what's this site competing to so personally this is my suggestion.
Reset staff completely , I think a main problem is the amount of staff which are hired yet they say they can't be on often so my suggestion is fully wipe staff but fenne and Luc and myst.
Then we nominate ourselves for staff positions with good rreasons instead of staff picking .
The admins have the right to deny people positions
But after nominating ourselves there is a vote for staff the members have picked.
And not forgetting the current staff would have a group called ex staff .

So there's my idea which may work
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

The arguments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The arguments    The arguments  H6Q0F8zSun Sep 15, 2013 12:56 am

No, everyone on Staff have earned their positions, and a lot of them have been on it for years. Just because they can't be active for a limited time doesn't mean they'll get the boot. The staff aren't the cause of the fighting, anyway. What you propose seems like it'll cause even more trouble, with everyone arguing why they should be staff, or complaining about them being denied. It's a Staff decision for the sake of reasonable arguments. I took all of the Moderator Applications from before into consideration, and we had a calm discussion about everything.

Replacing the entire staff would be wrong, tiresome, and wouldn't reall solve anything.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

The arguments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The arguments    The arguments  H6Q0F8zSun Sep 15, 2013 6:47 am

Years isn't a proper term, the site's only been around for three years, Mystogan being the current longest running staff member.
Bryan
Bryan

The arguments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The arguments    The arguments  H6Q0F8zSun Sep 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Or, you guys can just start being strict and start acting like other sites: Ban those who starts the fight.

They have a problem 'bout that? Well them genius better shut up yappering then.
Tsu
Tsu

The arguments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The arguments    The arguments  H6Q0F8zSun Sep 15, 2013 4:13 pm

This site's gone through a lot of fights, inactivity, and there were moments where everybody just wanted to quit. However, me and a lot of other ex-staff have worked out butts off to preserve it in the past, and if you guys think you can just call it quits so easily and complain that you have a hard time, then I'm very upset. I was in a time where the every administrator competed for the HA title, and staff quit over it. I was a regular member during a time when there was only ONE moderator modding at all, over half of the staff on the staff list hadn't even logged in that Summer, and there was probably only 5 or 6 members posting. Did the 5 members give up when they realized that this site was basically a graveyard? No, and you dare call the first week of September inactivity.

These arguments are nothing compared to the ones that happened after the site's revival. Imagine that these arguments cost over 3 staff members, including Namine. Namine was ticked off to the point she DELETED her account. These fights were concerning the HA, as Mystogan had agreed to resign. They had held a staff vote, and Luna won the position. Namine later had an argument with Luna, and she lost it when Luna said "I'm HA now, so I'm the boss here now" or something along those lines. Do you really think losing a foundation staff member, a staff member who was around before this site had a chat-box was easy? Not to mention the side-effects, as some of the staff members were particularly angry at her as well.

The point is, the staff had higher standards back then, and there was training for a reason. There's a difference between making an application and becoming a staff member, and going through months of training on how to do what, how to act what, what to do in these situations, and etc. These experiences bonded us and taught the new staff member the reality of this site, and gave a final choice on whether they feel right about being a staff member or not. It was a fundamental rite of passage that taught the new staff members the true reality of PWRPG, that it's not fun and games like the original Pokemon games and that people don't always get along. I really recommend putting all of the Region Mods (including trial and regular) to go through training. On my opinion, it's like a parent sending his/her child to college and only paying for 1 year of college, and not giving any more.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

The arguments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The arguments    The arguments  H6Q0F8zSun Sep 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Namine wasn't around as long. Yes, she was on Pokemon World RPG, but originally she did not join this site until later on. She had went off and set up her own site. This site had a chatbox when I joined a week after it was set up.
Sponsored content

The arguments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The arguments    The arguments  H6Q0F8z

The arguments
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon World Forum :: General Information :: Support Hub :: Resolved Suggestions-
Jump to: