HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Helping out NPC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Protoman.EXE
Protoman.EXE

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zSun Aug 25, 2013 10:36 pm

I second this. I'd be the FIRST one to sign up, except for Hana, probably :P

Anyways, yeah. I completely agree, there's been a lot of "hey, post here, post here!" And I can almost hear the mods inwardly groaning. So I think this'd be really helpful for them.

PRINT DAT SHEEEEIIIT.
Case Silver
Case Silver

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zSun Aug 25, 2013 10:43 pm

I support this...but to avoid any possible arguments over this i'm going to suggest that it is only active during school terms or when a mod goes on holiday.
Leo
Leo

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zSun Aug 25, 2013 10:53 pm

I don't know how many staff are going away but I will stay that aside I only know one member of staff who will be away for a small while but I am sure he will come back and that is only cause he has moved to another country and he needs to get used to his new school etc. So as far am I am concerned I will support the idea when I get to know that more then two staff members are leaving.
Protoman.EXE
Protoman.EXE

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zSun Aug 25, 2013 10:54 pm

This isn't just because mods are leaving, guys. It'd just be a big help if some members took a few NPC positions so that they aren't overworked!
break994
break994

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zSun Aug 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Urgh guys if I'm righ as long as you tell the current mod who's using the NPC with you currently, you can rp as an NPC even if you're a member
break994
break994

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zSun Aug 25, 2013 11:03 pm

Never mind just ignore it
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zMon Aug 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Quote :
Ok, So schools colleges unis, all are starting back up again and some staff members are vanishing making it harder for members to get people to mod. So i was thinking about an NPC station. Basicly a group of members who do NOT get staff powers along with the original staff are given the abiliuty to NPC. This means they would be capable of picking up and helping members with wild pokemon battles trades and basic gym battles and all other NPC'S based storys.
Persistent to think some you're helping us aren't you? Well you really aren't. What you're telling us is to give members the same job as the region moderators, which I remind you that three of our trial moderators are performing in that area. Sake has his reasons not to be moderating, and Nightmare gets busy IRL. The only problem I see is this; the members have absolutely no patience with the staff if they cannot wait for one out of 15 of the current staff to moderate a topic. Hell, we have this section called "Mod Me" where you can post a topic that's been ignored. I know the staff isn't always spot on with getting something done, but what you've asked is for us to replace 5 of our staff members with other members.

Quote :

This isn't just because mods are leaving, guys. It'd just be a big help if some members took a few NPC positions so that they aren't overworked!
Let's take a second and think about what you said. Looking at the list of staff, as of right now the only staff that are away or don't frequently moderate are myself, Nightmare, Mystogan, Lucretia(Who has been absent for some time now), Sake(Who has moved to a new area, bare with him), and I believe that might be it, I'm not sure. Next, we'll remember that every member contributes to how difficult our work on here is. We aren't paid to be on here, we're volunteers who come on here when we have free time to run a site for your amusement. That being said, any staff and member can have up to four active characters, not including their own NPC's.

Quote :

Normally i would agree but not picking on any staff i have witnessed a lot of the time being stated that they cant be bothered or there too busy doing there own thing then remaining in the chat not bothering to do anything simply not doing there shizz. So with this if staff dont want to do there job there are members of the NPC crew who would be able to do it instead.
Bold words. Even if the staff did allow this, we would set the rules of this "NPC Crew". But Like I said after the first quote in this post, you're asking us to give members staff power out of the blue and replace an entire section of our moderators. Remember before when that topic about posting length came up? Staff have to post in every topic they moderate, and members can have up to 4 characters running around at any given moment. We have our own lives to deal with before we come on here and moderate. Sometimes we get on here and we just don't want to deal with the members that frequently harass us to post somewhere or check something.

All in all, I think it's quite obvious where I stand on this subject. I believe Kare was going to post here as well.
Protoman.EXE
Protoman.EXE

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zMon Aug 26, 2013 6:41 pm

I don't know why this thread is being taken so negatively. We're not asking for staff power, it's simply asking that some members (That could be chosen by the admins) be allowed to roleplay as wild pokemon or trainer npcs. We're not trying to gain power, we're just trying to help out a little bit. With the one topic per character limit, I've seen people complain to mods a lot to post in their topic, and just like you said: "Sometimes we get on here and we just don't want to deal with the members that frequently harass us to post somewhere or check something." So when you guys don't want to deal with their complaining and harassment, that's where the NPC Crew would come in. I'm not saying I agree with Hana's comment that the staff is lazy or doesn't do it's job, I'm just saying that we can help.

"We aren't paid to be on here, we're volunteers who come on here when we have free time to run a site for your amusement." Well if that's true, then we want to volunteer as well, we want to help you guys by being the NPCs when you are busy doing something else. I'd think of it like a substitution system, like a play, where the admins would be the main actors, and if they're sick or can't do it, that's where the proxies, the substitutes, would come in. I'm not agreeing to anything about lazy admins or mods, or trying to badmouth you guys. You guys are great, and you're doing your job well. I, for one, just want to help take a load off your shoulders, because even if you're not paid, to keep your admin/modship, you need to do something around here, at least that's how I think it works. I'm NOT trying to threaten you, or say that you HAVE to work for us, don't take any of this badly, that's just my opinion on how this all works. If this site has a different way of doing things, that's fine by me.

tl;dr version: We're just trying to help, not offend you in any way or get power on the site.
break994
break994

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zMon Aug 26, 2013 6:47 pm

But as previously stated thats the global mods job
Protoman.EXE
Protoman.EXE

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zMon Aug 26, 2013 6:49 pm

break994 wrote:
But as previously stated thats the global mods job
So we can't help at all? I wanted to apply for mod, but they weren't accepting, so that's not an option.
break994
break994

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zMon Aug 26, 2013 6:53 pm

it is though  if you missed your chance for global mob then so be it I missed it , I posted a form for future reference in case a trial dropped out and left it at that .
So mate you get rejected just wait for the chance to apply instead of trying to get rid of a certain staff types job as there'd be two ranks for the same job which is pointless
Protoman.EXE
Protoman.EXE

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zMon Aug 26, 2013 7:00 pm

In case you haven't noticed, I'm not doing this because I was rejected. I've stated elsewhere that I don't care about it, I only applied to help out, not because I want power. I'm going to try and help wherever I can. Since when was I trying to get rid of staff jobs? Global mods can keep doing NPC jobs if they want to. The way the NPC Crew could work can be changed and reworked for their use. It's not as if anything is set in stone, maybe we could get called on whenever they feel like they're overworked, or if they're away, they could call on us to fill in the gap. All in all the goal is the same, helping out both the mods and the rpers. The mods will have less work on their plate, and the rpers won't have to wait at all for a wild encounter or an npc battle. I know there's a mod me section, but some people like to get their threads done as quickly as possible, especially with the 1 thread limit. I'm one of those people, I like to get my threads done quickly so I can either train my pokemon or get that one last badge. I know I'm not the only one, either. Stating that I'm only in it because I was rejected, or because we want power is just shrugging us off as a nuisance, which is pretty disrespectful.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zMon Aug 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Well, with what Draco has said, there's one glaring issue I see in this that hasn't been mentioned or really thought of. To be honest, there was a period a while ago that something like this was added for the lack of any active Mods, I forgot what the members that took up 'NPCing' were called, and sure, it got things running, but it was almost impossible to keep track of. Without Moderator powers, it's very difficult to keep track of Exp, caught pokemon, and most modded things altogether. During that time, instead of doing Modding myself, I had to constantly scope member modded topics to update the trainers that were being Modded. It's much simpler to have more Region Mods that can simply edit trainer profiles then member Mods that still have to update with a staff member every time a battle is won or a Pokemon is caught. That being said, I'm not against having the occasional member Modded thread (For the sake of an example, say I permitted Darksuicune, who I travel in a thread with to create my encounters so another Mod isn't needed in my topic and I can edit for both of us), but on a wide scale, it's very chaotic and hard to keep track of. If more Modding is needed, we'll hire more Mods.

Another thing I'd like to hit is the 'Mods being lazy'. Yes, right now I'm not picking up topics, but it's for the sake of the topics I do Mod. I find that if I gather a larger amount of topics, I tend to forget one and post more in another, which is never fair, so to combat this, I've decided to take less topics and focus on those. Also, since most of my posting is done from my phone, it's very difficult to keep track of new posts (this darn phone never shows when there are new posts), and the Mods aren't expected to search through every single region and thread to find those that haven't been posted in yet. Besides the Mod Me section, a quick PM to a staff member is typically a very effective way of getting modded. We're here for you, and if you truely need something Modded (within reason, don't PM or complain in the Chat if it's been 5 minutes and you haven't been modded) you can PM me, and I'd be happy to find a willing Mod.
Protoman.EXE
Protoman.EXE

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zMon Aug 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Ah, I never thought of it like that. I forgot that mods still need to see to the exp gain and such. I guess this suggestion isn't that great, even so, I still want to help out. All of what I said is still true, there are people who complain after 5 minutes, but then again, there are others who wait for a decent amount of time, and still don't get modded. "It's much simpler to have more Region Mods that can simply edit trainer profiles then member Mods that still have to update with a staff member every time a battle is won or a Pokemon is caught" I would be willing to join the region mods. If I knew where to post an application or something like that, I'd do it. But like break said, the topic me and him signed up in was locked and we both didn't get a chance.
Ryuji~
Ryuji~

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zMon Aug 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Kāre wrote:
Well, with what Draco has said, there's one glaring issue I see in this that hasn't been mentioned or really thought of. To be honest, there was a period a while ago that something like this was added for the lack of any active Mods, I forgot what the members that took up 'NPCing' were called, and sure, it got things running, but it was almost impossible to keep track of. Without Moderator powers, it's very difficult to keep track of Exp, caught pokemon, and most modded things altogether. During that time, instead of doing Modding myself, I had to constantly scope member modded topics to update the trainers that were being Modded. It's much simpler to have more Region Mods that can simply edit trainer profiles then member Mods that still have to update with a staff member every time a battle is won or a Pokemon is caught. That being said, I'm not against having the occasional member Modded thread (For the sake of an example, say I permitted Darksuicune, who I travel in a thread with to create my encounters so another Mod isn't needed in my topic and I can edit for both of us), but on a wide scale, it's very chaotic and hard to keep track of. If more Modding is needed, we'll hire more Mods.

Another thing I'd like to hit is the 'Mods being lazy'. Yes, right now I'm not picking up topics, but it's for the sake of the topics I do Mod. I find that if I gather a larger amount of topics, I tend to forget one and post more in another, which is never fair, so to combat this, I've decided to take less topics and focus on those. Also, since most of my posting is done from my phone, it's very difficult to keep track of new posts (this darn phone never shows when there are new posts), and the Mods aren't expected to search through every single region and thread to find those that haven't been posted in yet. Besides the Mod Me section, a quick PM to a staff member is typically a very effective way of getting modded. We're here for you, and if you truely need something Modded (within reason, don't PM or complain in the Chat if it's been 5 minutes and you haven't been modded) you can PM me, and I'd be happy to find a willing Mod.
^This.
The mod me section is being watched regularly, and I check it everytime I log on. If you need a topic modded, and the mods online CURRENTLY are too busy right now, then just wait a little while. We know it sucks to wait, but I'm sure with 15 staff members, someone will be free to take your topic at some point within 2 days max.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zWed Aug 28, 2013 12:39 am

Hana, to clarify why I seem so rude, it's just who I am clearly. We can't all be nice 24/7 like you.
PikachuGuy
PikachuGuy

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zWed Aug 28, 2013 4:59 am

So I read this topic, and I made my opinions, and here's one of mine- I don't think people should have more that one or two characters. If you are right Hana and the mods are overworked, then this could cut their jobs in half. Seriously, why would anyone want to be four different people?

Hmm, I feel like I may have ignored some of the other posts...
Protoman.EXE
Protoman.EXE

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zWed Aug 28, 2013 1:33 pm

@Pikachu Some people just like to have more than one character. Limiting it to one, with one topic each, would be pretty bad in my opinion. There would be far less people here, I'd think, from them either not liking the rule and leaving, or just forgetting the site completely because they have to wait for one topic. As Hana stated before, some of the mods (SOME not all) are either busy or inactive, so the ratio of the thread posting/modding would be out of whack.

EDIT: I said "is going to" instead of "would be"
Pit
Pit

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8zThu Aug 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Yeah, but it's like Jinkei said.  People would leave and forum activity could easily drop as well.  On top of that, you have the fact that some people can't stand having a character limit as is.  And you never know who might dislike it and just not say anything.me  If it gets limited to two trainers, they would only be aloud in one topic anyway, so all it would do is annoy people, drive people away, and blow up Plutocould easily actually make some of the very staff that brought this topic up leave for good.  To be honest, I say this is a good idea, however it couldWOULD get confusing and out of hand.  Before we'd know it, the only active members would be this "NPC Crew" and the staff.  I personally disagree on this idea, good or not.
Sponsored content

Helping out NPC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC H6Q0F8z

Helping out NPC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next