HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Seviper
Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! I_vote_lcap44%Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 41 ]
Zangoose
Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! I_vote_lcap56%Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 93

Back

Starrunner
Arceus +
Starrunner
Arceus +

Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! Empty
PostSubject: Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose!   Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! H6Q0F8zFri Jun 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Since Pokémon III generation this two pokemon were known rivals. Who in your opinion is the winner and why?

Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! N9y3kAH
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Pooch
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose!   Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! H6Q0F8zFri Jun 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Zangoose is a normal type and has no strengths, of course it can learn dark and bug type moves and has the ability Immunity and Hidden ability Toxic Boost, Serviper is poison type who can poison and learn dark moves with Ability Shed Skin and Hidden Ability . Zangoose's stats are 73, 115, 60, 60, 60, 90 in order of HP, Attack, Defence, SP. Attack, SP. Defence, and Speed, whilw Serviper is 73, 100, 60, 100, 60, 65. Hard decision... I'll say... Serviper cause I want to poison things
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator
Location : Definitely not in the cupboard... what i said not in the cupboard go away!

PostSubject: Re: Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose!   Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! H6Q0F8zFri Jun 21, 2013 5:28 pm

Zangoose for the win, love squirrels/mongoose's (It looks like a squirrel :D) and he is just absolutely epic man.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose!   Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! H6Q0F8zFri Jun 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Zangoose. 'Nuff said.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose!   Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! H6Q0F8zFri Jun 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Zangoose
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose!   Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! H6Q0F8zWed Jun 26, 2013 5:40 am

Actually, let me refine my answer. It would purely come down to who raised the pokemon and how. Though naturally it would go to the pokemon with even the slightest advantage, pokemon natures were introduced in Gen III and affected the strongest and weakest stats of a pokemon. TMs can also be brought in as part of the movesets. 

Let's examine possibilities of a 6th Gen Zangoose from Black & White 2.

Zangoose has the ability Immunity, meaning it can't be poisoned. Even if it's given the Hidden Ability, Toxic Boost, it will have it's attack increased by 50% while poisoned. It can learn Sword Dance, one of the best attack stat boosting moves. It can be taught TMs 39 and 80, Rock Tomb and Rock Slide respectively. It can also learn a few powerful fighting type moves like Close Combat and the EGG move Final Gambit.

Now Serviper. 

Serviper's abilities, Shed Skin and it's Hidden Ability, Infiltrator, are poor match-ups against Zangoose. Though it has a resistance to Fighting Type moves like Final Gambit and Close Combat, Zangoose receives a bonus STAB when using Normal Type moves. The move Work Up, taught via TM, boosts Attack and Special Attack. This alone can prove dangerous against any pokemon that isn't a steel, rock, or ghost. 

Serviper also has a good ace. Gastro Acid can remove the effect of another pokemon's ability, meaning Zangoose would be open to the poison status. It also has the EGG Move Final Gambit. 

In the end, both pokemon have their own positives and negatives, but I still give it to Zangoose. He's a normal type, maximize friendship, teach him return and work up. Work up once or twice, then use return... So much fun.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose!   Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! H6Q0F8zSun Jul 21, 2013 3:57 am

I voted for Seviper, because goin' by show logic, its attack always have about that 5% chance of poison,
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose!   Rival Battle: Seviper vs. Zangoose! H6Q0F8z

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1