HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Merriam Thoughtchild

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Antonius Selnar

Merriam Thoughtchild Empty
PostSubject: Merriam Thoughtchild   Merriam Thoughtchild H6Q0F8zFri May 24, 2013 5:17 am

(Remember to remove everything in parentheses!)
Name: Merriam Thoughtchild
Nickname: Merri
Birthplace: Petalburg, Hoenn Region
Battle Style: Cautious
Looks: Merri is 5' 6” tall with a slender curvy build and 135 lbs. She has blue eyes, fair complexion, thin lips, andstraight brown hair down to her middle back. She likes snug fitting clothes in shirts and jeans with the occasional skirt or dress. Loose hanging clothes makes her look heavier on top then what she is but also likes the freedom to move which the tight cloths don't allow her to do.
Merriam Thoughtchild 784523_1311642735553_full

Personality: Merri is a very intelligent young woman. She graduated top of her class. Her class nominated her for being the friendliest and most outgoing girl in school. She is very caring and willing to help out anyone who she meets. It bothers her to see anyone being treated rotten for whatever the reason. If she sees such an encounter, she tries to stop it but if she is too late, she talks usually to the victim first and then to the perpetrator to see what the fight was all about. This has given her the peacemaker title. Her reputation is so big that all she has to do is get close and whatever is going on stops. Instead of being a physical threat, she is more of a personality threat because of how she approaches the situation. Often she makes the offender apologize to the victim. She does have a very curious mind on social interaction especially with humans and Pokemon. This is what drives her to be a Pokemon trainer.

History: Merri grew up almost in a lab. Her mother is a chemistry teacher and her father is a psychologist. Before Merri was old enough to be in school, her mother would take her to work and let her clean the non breakable things in the lab. Then when they got home, Merri would ask her dad why one of the lab students did what they did. He would go into a long rambling of the inner thoughts while her mother simply shakes her head. The greatest lesson Merri learned from her parents is two people from different backgrounds can love each other very much and learn from each other. Neither parent deals too much with Pokemon but supported Merri's intent on studying the relations between Pokemon in the wild, the one with trainers and how the trainers cared for their Pokemon. They bought her a brand new rugged outfit, an electronic writing pad, and a nice new backpack with camping supplies including a pup tent.

Merri didn't have any Pokemon when she started out on her journey. Instead she slowly headed on route 102 towards Oldale Town. As she was walking, she was jaunting down notes of what she observed. There were trainers who were battling wild Pokemon, wild Pokemon battling wild Pokemon, and Pokemon living peacefully. Little did she know, a Ralts noticed the calmness and caring heart she had and decided to follow Merri. One night, a terrible storm came up and Merri was barely covered up. She was shivering for an hour until she felt a warm small body next to her back underneath the cover. By the size of it, Merri knew it had to be a Pokemon. The only human being that small would be a baby and she knew she hasn't seen one of those wandering in the woods. Who or whatever it was, she welcome the extra heat. When morning came, she got up and noticed a green tuft of hair in her face. Somehow the creature moved from her back to her front or she did the moving without hurting the creature. Merri slowly gets up which wakes up the Ralts. The Pokemon looks up at Merri with gentle eyes.

“Hey there, so it was you who came into my tent. I see I wasn't the only one who got cold. Since you decided to join me last night, want to join me for my adventure? I'm trying to record all I can about social interaction between wild Pokemon and the caught Pokemon and their trainers. I'm using this electronic notepad to take my notes. I've also jotted down some about how trainers treat each other in battles with some mixed results. It will help if you joined me. I promise to treat you very well. We'll have to pick up supplies for you though.”

Ralts nods and jumps up towards Merri who catches it in her arms and brings the Ralts to her chest in a snug hug.

“What should I name you? I'm not overly sure what kind of Pokemon you are besides a cute shorty. What about Shorty?”

Ralts shakes her no at the name.

“Hmm, I don't even know if you are male or female. You are white with green hair and pink twin horns. Can you give me a hint?”

“Ralts, rall, ra”

“What about Raltsy? It has a cute sound to it and you definitely are a cute one. Does it fit?”

This time Raltz nods quickly as she snuggles around Merri's neck. The two new friends set out for Oldale Town. They reach it and what little money Merri's parents gave her, she bought some Pokemon food for Raltz. Then they headed south on route 101 to Littleroot town. Along the way, they find a severally injured Treecko who is barely holding onto life. Merri picked up the Treecko and noticed a shattered Pokeball next to it. Not wanting to jar the Treecko as she walked, she moved stuff around in her backpack and set the Treecko into it. After everything was ready, Merri and Raltsy continue down route 101 and enter Littleroot. Merri asks around town to who take the injured the Treecko to and the towns people direct her to Professor Birch's lab. They enter it and spot the short fat man next to a table with two Pokeballs.

“Are you Professor Birthtree? I found this Treecko on the side of the road. It doesn't look good.”
Merri puts her backpack on the table with the Pokeballs and zips it open. She then gently lifts the Treecko out of the bag and puts it on the table.

“It is Professor Birch and indeed this Treecko looks rough. Thankfully I have a potion I can use on it.”
Professor Birch sprays the Treecko and in a matter of a couple of minutes, it moves around and looks around. She is a little uneasy but walks over to the professor.

“This is one I gave to a trainer a couple weeks ago. He wasn't really sure if Treecko would work. There was something wrong about the kid as if he had a mean streak or something. At the time Torchic and Mudkip weren't feeling the best. I offered all three to him as is custom but he didn't want to take care of sick Pokemon and I understood. You look rather old to be a new trainer but nor do you have the look of a season trainer either. Do you mind if I ask your name and where you came from?”

“I'm Merriam from Petalburg. I recently graduated from high school and decided to go out trying to learn what I can about Pokemon. I want to be a researcher and study how wild Pokemon treat each other, how trainers treat their Pokemon, and how trainers treat each other. Raltsy, here, curled up with me a couple nights ago during a bad storm. Both of us were rather cold.”

“A couple nights ago? Oh yeah, that storm was rather brutal. I have to admit this Treecko looked rather abused before the potion. It might have trust issues. Looks like I might have to work with her to regain her trust in humans. Thanks for bringing her in.”

Professor Birch saw the compassion in Merri's eyes as she looked at the Treecko. Then he notices the Treecko walk back over to the bag and try to crawl back in. As she did, the bag tips over towards her and spills Merri's supplies. This causes Treecko to jump back some towards Professor Birch.

“Hmm, I think Treecko knows her Pokeball is destroyed. Since you brought it in your bag, maybe she thinks it is her new home. With your interest in how the relationship works between Pokemon and trainers and seeing you have a Ralts, you could take this Treecko since her previous owner abused her and left her for worse.”

“I...I really don't know how to take care of Pokemon. I took several notes on how some good and what I consider bad trainers handled their Pokemon so have an idea but no expert.”

“You took notes? Ah, I see your electronic pad on the table. May I see it?”

Merri picks up her pad off the table and hands it to Professor Birch. He looks through her notes and is amazed at the attention to detail she put and at how much she actually learned even if she has yet to realize it. He knew many of the Pokemon she described even if she didn't put the names.

“Yes, I think you would fit better then her previous owner. If Treecko is in agreement, I don't see why you two should travel together and officially start your journey as a trainer. I can give you a Pokedex which will give you more information and six Pokeballs. One of the balls is to replace Treecko's broken one.”

Treecko looks between Professor Birch and Merri. The professor smiles and nods at Treecko. Then Treecko walks over and reaches up toward Merri. This makes her smile from ear to ear as she picks up Treecko and hugs her. Treecko puts her arms around Merri's neck. Raltsy gets a little jealous as she pulls on Merri's arm. Merri looks down and picks up Raltsy and holds both of them against her chest.

“It looks like it is settled then. I don't remember what the nickname of the previous owner and doubt Treecko would go for it anyways. Do you have any idea for a name?”

“Hmm, since I know the gender of this Treecko, it should be easier. I'm not sure of the gender of Raltsy. What should I call you, Treecko? You are really a snugger but that doesn't sound like a Pokemon name.”

Merri puts the two Pokemon down and flips open her new Pokedex. She scans both of her Pokemon getting information on both.

“Hmm, it seems Ralsy is a psychic type and Treecko is a grass type. Treeckos enjoys being in trees so what about Sprucia?”

Treecko looked at her with head cocked to the right and then cocked it over to the left and finally straight up. Then Treecko shook her head yes.

“Looks like you have a new name, Treecko or should I say Sprucia. It is different but I rather like it.”
After Professor Birch showed Merriam how to maximize her use of the Pokedex and gave her some quick notes about the different types, he sent her on her way back up route 101.

Badges: (New Trainers leave blank)
Items: 5 Poke Balls (New trainers do not change)
Money: $6,200 (Do not change)

Pokémon

Pokémon: Ralts
Nickname:Raltsy
Level: 15
Moves: Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Disable, Protect
Ability: Synchronize
Personality: Curious
Exp: 0

Pokémon

Pokémon: Treecko
Nickname:Sprucia
Level: 12
Moves: Safeguard, Bullet Seed, Pound, Leer, Absorb, Quick Attack
Ability: Overgorw
Personality: Protective

Pokémon

Pokémon: Corphish
Nickname:Strong Claw
Level: 15
Moves: AncientPower, Bubble, Harden, ViceGrip, Leer
Ability: Shell Armor
Personality: Overly territorial and protective of Merriam and Sprucia; as Sprucia was the one to prove herself to when catching him in battle. Strives to be the best he can be and is determined to be the strongest pokemon/water type/Corphish in all of the Hoenn Region.

After your trainer has been approved, remember to put a link to it in your signature!
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

Merriam Thoughtchild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merriam Thoughtchild   Merriam Thoughtchild H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 12:02 am

Sorry this took so long...

Approved!

Merriam Thoughtchild
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon World Forum :: Pokémon Role Play :: Creation Station :: Trainer Creation :: Approved Trainers :: Retired Trainers-
Jump to: