HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Idea for trainer classes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Darkrai
Darkrai

An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Give me two days to write a massive list of classes. I won't disappoint. You staff can take member opinions and revise my submission to balance it out and sort of proof-read it. I'll put my version up here and you guys make your ideas and PM me, I'll include your ideas as well :)

Rough version, feel free to start improvising:

Code:
Pure Pokémon Trainer: Increases chances of critical hits and move evasion.

Dragon Tamer: Their non-legendary Dragon-type and partial Dragon-type Pokémon gain x1.5 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Bug Catcher: Their non-legendary Bug-type and partial Bug-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Firebreather: Their non-legendary Fire-type and partial Fire-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Aroma Lady: Their non-legendary Grass-type and partial Grass-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Sailor/Fisherman/Swimmer: Their non-legendary Water-type and partial Water-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Blackbelt:  Their non-legendary Fighting-type and partial Fighting-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Hiker: Their non-legendary pure Rock, or/and Ground type Pokémon gain x3 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 70% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Psychic:  Their non-legendary Psychic-type and partial Psychic-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Bird Keeper: Their non-legendary Flying-type and partial Flying-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Sage: Their non-legendary Ghost-type and partial Ghost-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Skier: Their non-legendary Ice-type and partial Ice-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Hooligans: Their non-legendary Dark-type and partial Dark-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Worker: Their non-legendary Steel-type and partial Steel-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

(Normal): Their non-legendary Normal-type and partial Normal-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Bikers: Their non-legendary Poison-type and partial Poison-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.

Engineer: Their non-legendary Electric-type and partial Electric-type Pokémon gain x2 exp in battles and training threads but Pokémon of different types get a 50% reduction in their exp gain in both battling and training threads.\

Coordinators: They can easily, flawlessly combine multiple moves to form a mixed lethal attack.

Richboy/lady: All their Pokémon get a 20% decrease in experience gain in both battles and training threads, but they get $10,000 for each thread that they complete.

Musician: Their sound-based moves do double damage.

Pokémon Breeder: Has a one in ten chance of getting a shiny Pokémon from hatching an egg (produced from their own Pokémon).

Pokémon Ranger: Has increased capture rate. Better chance of finding the species of pokemon that they are searching for due to their superior knowledge of pokemon wildlife.

Youngster: Their pokemon that are yet ot be evolved gain 1.5x exp regardless of their level.

Scientist: Super-effective moves do x3 instead of x2. Non-effective moves do 0.75x damage instead of 0.50x damage.

Veteran: The ultimate trainer class. To obtain it, one must reach level 100 with at least one of their pokemon. Then, they abandon their previous trainer class and take on the Veteran class. Veterans have easier access to legendary Pokemon. Their fully evolved Pokemon and legendary Pokemon gain 1.5x exp from both battling and training threads. Their Pokemon that can still evolve learn their moves 5 levels faster than normal.

I'll need to format it a little bit, think of a class to pick for normal "elementalist" and thats it. I took loads of input from others in this so its not entirely my work. Creds also go to myst, SS, Yamchan, JB and anyone I forgot to mention :)
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri May 24, 2013 10:57 am

Damn, can't think of anything else to add.
legolosarrow

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat May 25, 2013 2:21 am

Just saying, but characters should be able to not accept the bonuses. For example, if I want my character to be say, a bug catcher, but I don't want the disadvantage, I can just decline the bonus all-together, so I don't get the pluses or minuses.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat May 25, 2013 2:31 am

Now that's something I'll disagree.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat May 25, 2013 11:56 am

@Lego: Yeah I don't see anyything wrong with not accepting the bonus, although choosing "pure trainer" would give no exact disadvantages while giving you some advantages and you can choose to raise bug pokemon primarily. Or not choose a class at all maybe? I don't plan on making the rules, just the classes.

@Atlas: PM Myst about it, he'll change it for you. In fact do it right now, there's a coordinator group already.

@Shad: .-.
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat May 25, 2013 7:36 pm

Hey Nightmare, did you get my PM about one more class idea and questions?
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat May 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Yes I did. I'm totally adding the Ace Trainer Class. Just didn't get to replying you yet :)
And slight delay on finalizing everything and formatting and stuff, I've got a lil busy and Myst added me in staff to help out with the unchecked threads, which I'm using most my time online for now. I will submit all trainer classes by the 30th.
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator
Location : Definitely not in the cupboard... what i said not in the cupboard go away!

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat May 25, 2013 10:19 pm

We don't normally follow the game's trainer classes but, it's alright if this is the plan also, why do we need to add the Ace Trainer Class if we've already got the regular trainer and veteran trainer classes?
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat May 25, 2013 10:26 pm

My idea for the ace trainer would be somewhere in between the regular trainer and veteran. My impression of the veteran is someone who probably has picked up all 8 badges in two or three of the leagues and beaten the elite 4 along with the region champion. I would guess it would take that long to get a level 100 Pokemon unless you had someone who grind quite a bit. The ace trainer is one who probably beaten the 8 gyms of one region and have one or two level 50 Pokemon. I left the reward\drawback to Nightmare to figure out but did suggest somewhere between regular trainer and veteran\expert.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun May 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Yep, there you go :)
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 30, 2013 2:28 am

Why is this not in the staff section being discussed and worked on by the staff?
Cecil Palmer
Cecil Palmer

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 30, 2013 2:43 am

I agree with Hana. There should be a class for each typed trainer (Fire, Water, Dark, Steel, etc.) even if some benefits are the same for a couple of types U_U
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

An Idea for trainer classes!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2