HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Bryan
Bryan

Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Mar 06, 2013 11:16 pm

OOC: That's alright but just in case you've forgotten, we're not allowed to dodge four times in a row. You've dodged thrice and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying you'll have to take the next hit. We all go down sometimes, fella. :)

Z the Heracross successfully used it as a cover. The rock she's holding was smashed by other rocks as it went from its default size to cracked small. Soon, the rain of rocks was over. The arena became a harder place to move around thanks to the number of rocks lying around. There's also sand and dust in the air. It suits this Rock-type Gym and inspires its challengers to do his best to defeat the Leader in order to get out of this awful place.

"Good strategy but I'm not letting you attack anymore. Harden and Screech," Roark instructed. While using a Rock-type against a Heracross would seem easy, it's best to be prepared. Not only does he have to be tough against challengers, he also has to strengthen the Trainer's mind allowing him to think of new ways to attack the foe. Meanwhile, Onix's body flashes white and shine again raising his Defense stat. Then, Onix opens its mouth and the inside of it glows white. It then releases a light blue cylinder beam from its mouth at the opponent, blowing the opponent back the louder it roars. Should it hit, Z's Defense stat harshly lowers.

Pokémon info:
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Mar 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Z was attempting to cover her ears, but it didn't do much for her. "He...ra..." This time, she prepared to jump and switch out.

"Great...Alright, it's time to bring in X...Just a little longer..."
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Mar 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Roark saw the Lucario and knows that it's going to be tough for him. "Good thing I've raised Onix's defense. What you say I do it again?" Onix got what his Trainer meant. His body shined again; raising his Defense stat for the third time. "Isn't that good? Another." For the fourth time, Onix does it again.

Pokémon info::
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Mar 07, 2013 12:11 am

"That sounds fun and all, but I'm not here for games...Alright X, let's finish this battle fast! Now, Focus Blast!"

X nodded and began charging Focus Blast, though not attacking quite yet.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Mar 07, 2013 5:23 am

OOC: I never really knew how it looked like in the anime but I looked it up at Bulbapedia and wow, it's a God damned early version of a Shinku Hadoken.
Both Onix and Roark know that a Focus Blast is a destructive Fighting-type attack. It lowers the target's Special Defense stat, is super-effective against Rock-types and Lucario is more than ten levels higher. This attack is going to be very effective. But will Onix's raised Defense stats help him pull through this, even barely? But as always, Pokémon always has a chance to dodge a foe's attack.

"Nice idea but I'm going to interrupt his charging. Onix, Screech and then Rock Throw." Onix opens its mouth and the inside of it glows white. It then releases a light blue cylinder beam from its mouth at the opponent, blowing the opponent back the louder it roars. Should it hit, X's Defense stat harshly lowers. It repeated exactly what just happened a while ago. That goes for the Rock Throw as well - Onix yelled and boulders fell from the ceiling.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Mar 07, 2013 10:15 pm

"No way! Fire when ready, X!"

X nodded and he moved around them, though resulting smaller rocks hit him, doing some damage. He jumped in and up close and attempted using Focus Blast.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Mar 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Onix took the hit intentionally. Thanks to the defense upgrades Onix has had, he was able to take the attack without fainting. He still has a short fight left in him. Now that X is up-close, Roark decided to take advantage of this. "He's right next to you, Onix. Use Bind and squeeze him. Then use another Screech,"

Onix would try to bind X with his rocky tail and follow it up with an earsplitting screech.

Pokemon info:
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Mar 07, 2013 11:13 pm

"Now what to do...If only I could manage to...Hey, that's it! Use Force Palm!" X was able to use Force Palm and dodge the Bingd, then was hit by screech.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Mar 07, 2013 11:28 pm

Pokémon info:

X now has a lowered defense stat which is the opposite of his foe Onix's. The attack is just too quick and has a wide range making it unable for Onix to avoid. He was hit and fainted. The damage he suffered is much more than the required to make him faint. Roark is just down to one Pokémon.

Pokémon info:

Roark looked impressed, challenged and worried at the same time. "Very nice," he praised as he withdrew Onix. "One last Pokémon and he shall not fail me," he said taking another Poké Ball and releasing a Cranidos. "Alright, I'm down to one last Pokémon."

Pokémon info:
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Mar 07, 2013 11:31 pm

"Well, it looks like you finally pulled up a challenge...I've seen those things in action, but I won't let you win! Open up with Force Palm!"

X used Force Palm upon hearing the word "Force".
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Mar 08, 2013 5:34 am

Cranidos jumped away with ease. "Yeah, yeah. Headbutt," Roark commanded. Cranidos tilted his head forward and bent it slightly down. He ran towards X at full speed. He's looking for a successful Headbutt.

Pokemon info:
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Mar 08, 2013 1:39 pm

"Alright, intercept with Focus Blast!"
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Mar 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Cranidos would have tried to quickly dodge the attack but Lucario's attack hit him before he could react.

Pokémon info:

Roark is now in jeopardy of losing. The battle is in Xero's favor. However, X's lowered Defense stat still poses a big threat for himself. But thanks to his ten plus level advantage, Cranidos' regular damage will be cut in half which is slightly good for Xero. The two Pokémon are not too far from each other. A shade of X fighting Onix a while ago is starting to haunt Roark. "Cranidos, another Headbutt."

Cranidos shakes his head as a result of being attacked by his weakness up-close. After recovering, he sprints towards X with head tilted forward hoping that this time, the Headbutt will successfully hits.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Mar 08, 2013 2:01 pm

This time, X dodged.

"Great job! Let's go with Cross Chop!"

X began getting close to use Cross Chop.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Mar 08, 2013 2:21 pm

X's arms made contact with Cranidos' head before he fell down and faint.

Pokémon info:

Roark watched as his last Pokémon fainted. He had a frown on his face but soon changed into a smile as he walked in the middle of the arena and took a Poke Ball from his belt. He focused it on his Cranidos as the circular button in the middle of the ball released a red laser that fired towards the fainted Cranidos which sucked him in. Roark put the Poke Ball back to where it was. He looked at Xero and X with respect.

"Alright, you and your Pokémon battled real well. You have earned your prize, the Coal Badge. As well as the prize money of $1680," he said as he handed Xero the said items. "You best heal your friends in a Pokémon Center. Well then Trainer, I'm really hungry now and I could use a big meal. I'll exit ahead; the Gym Trainers will look after this building." Shortly after that, Roark left.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Mar 08, 2013 2:36 pm

"Yeah, thanks." Xero walked to the Pokemon Center and got his Pokemon healed, then exited. "I wonder if I'm going to meet anyone who'll travel the whole way...I mean, I can go alone...But a friend's never a bad thing."
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 10, 2013 5:33 am

OOC: Are you calling out any member to RP with you? What you want me to do now? :)
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]   Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

Xero: Chapter 1: The journey for the badges begins here![open]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2