HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Challenge: Oreburgh

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Card
Card

The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 3:35 am

(Sure. ^ ^)
The Psyshock landed, and was a critical hit. The Onix didn't even know it was coming, as it was still using Rock Polish. It fainted, and Roark smiled.
"Looks like you won! I've only got one more Pokemon, if you're still up for one last round."
Roark said. He often asked, because many of his challengers seemed to want the badge after just defeating him once. The girl perked up at this; if the boy who was up there now were to end the challenge right then and there and take the badge, she could go and battle already.
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 3:39 am

Kyu thought for a while, before finally deciding. "You know, it was really fun battling you, but I've had enough for one day. Besides, if you only have one other Pokemon, you should probably save it for your other challenger." he said, indicating the girl. "I really enjoyed our battle."
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 3:45 am

Roark smiled, then handed Kyu a small, shiny round object.
"Here. Take the official Coal Badge as proof that you defeated me. Also, you can take this TM. It contains Stealth Rock, a move that damages the opponent's Pokemon when they switch into battle."
He smiled, then waved over to the girl to come over. The girl smiled widely and hopped over, dragging the Pikachu along with her. The poor little mouse-like Pokemon kept bumping up and down.
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 am

Kyu grinned as he received the badge and TM. I can see Dwebble using this to great effect, he thought. He passed the girl and her Pikachu and sat down outside of the arena

Roark smiled at his new challenger. "This battle will be one-on-one." he said. Bringing out a Poke Ball, he held it out for the girl to see. "This will be my Pokemon. Now, choose yours."
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 4:11 am

"Come on, Apollo! Let's have some fun, shall we?"
The girl said to her Pikachu, and it sighed, but looked back, determinedly. It hopped into the space in front of the girl, ready to fight.
"My name is Trucy Wright, by the way. You should remember it, since I'll be showing you the magic of Electric-Type Pokemon!"
The girl pointed at Roark with a smile, but her eyes showed a fierce passion.
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 4:21 am

Roark smiled back, feeling excited with the girl's determination. This battle would be just as exciting as the last one was. "I look forward to it. Come on out, Cranidos!" he called. The ancient Rock type Roark had restored from a Fossil glared at Trucy and Apollo, ready to fight. "Cranidos, start this battle off with a Rock Polish!" Like Onix before him, Cranidos glowed with a gray light, tripling its normal speed. "Now use Zen Headbutt!" The dinosaur-like Pokemon ran at the Pikachu at full speed, trying to ram it with its hardened head.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 4:27 am

"Apollo! Use Dig to get away!"
Trucy commanded her little friend, and the Pikachu instantly dug a hole and climbed inside, disappearing into the darkness of the tunnel.
"Can't hit what you can't see, right?" she giggled.
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 4:36 am

"That is true in most cases. However, I have just the counter for that." Roark said with a knowing smirk. "Cranidos, strike underground with Earth Power!"
Cranidos gave the same smirk as its Trainer, and concentrated. Somewhere underground, there was an explosion, hopefully hitting the Pikachu.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 am

Trucy smiled.
"Sorry~ But Apollo came out from underground a looong time ago! He's actually standing... Right behind Cranidos."
The Pikachu smirked and sparks flew from his cheeks. His shadow loomed over the Cranidos, and he got ready for another attack.
"Apollo! Use Slam! Then, use Quick Attack to run away!"
Trucy shouted. The Pikachu nodded, and charged at the Cranidos.
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 4:50 am

Caught by surprise, Cranidos got hit by the slam. However, the attack seemed to just make it mad.
"Clever, I'll say. But you'll have to do better than that!"
Spinning around, Cranidos used another Earth Power, except this time in the area that Pikachu was. hoping to trap the electric mouse and deal a critical hit.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 4:55 am

The Pikachu instantly balanced on its tail, and hopped over a few spaces, and the attack passed harmlessly.
"We're not that stupid, either!"
Trucy said, happily. This battle was very enjoyable.
Apollo hopped back onto the ground, but this time, as soon as his feet touched the ground, he launched himself forward for a Quick Attack.
"Alright! Once you get that finished, or if it gets blocked, I want you to spin, then use Electro Ball!"
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 5:06 am

"I see you aren't and that's a good thing. Otherwise this battle would be no fun at all." Roark said, smiling. He too was enjoying the battle. "Now, if you're going to Quick Attack Cranidod, how about we intercept you. Zen Headbutt!"
Instead of trying to dodge the incoming Pikachu, Cranidos lowered its head and ran right at it.
(Brb, I'm going to eat dinner. Be back in about 15-20 minutes.)
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 5:12 am

(k)
"Apollo! Jump over the Cranidos and attack with a really fast Quick Attack!"
Trucy yelled, gleefully. The Pikachu jumped gracefully over the oncoming Cranidos, then landed and sped forward with an even faster Quick Attack. He soon reached the Cranidos and could practically breathe on it.
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 5:38 am

"You think you're safe just cause you're behind me? Think again! Cranidos, Iron Tail!" Cranidos's tail glowed silver, and then it lashed out at the Pikachu.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 5:48 am

Apollo saw it coming, and panicked.
"Ah! Polly! Jump on top of the tail and then use Slam combined with Quick Attack!"
Trucy shouted, hoping it would work.
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 5:54 am

Cranidos was expecting that, and with one smooth motion spun around so that Pikachu was facing its rock-hard head. "Quick, use Zen Headbutt while it's out of control!" Roark yelled.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 6:03 am

"Ack! Dodge it by hopping on your tail, Apollo!"
Trucy said, worried that Apollo would get hit. The little electric mouse quickly balanced on his tail and bounced around, dodging the Zen Headbutt. Trucy sighed with relief, then asked Apollo to start spinning while bouncing. And so, Apollo spun and when his tail grew close to the floor, he let it bounce along.
"Now, use Electro Ball combined with Slam!"
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 6:08 am

The combo attack smashed into Cranidos, sending it flying. It shakily got back to its feet, weakened.
"Come on Cranidos! You can do it! Use Rock Polish and then Zen Headbutt!"
Cranidos tripled its speed again, then rushed at Pikachu, determined to land a hit.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 6:10 am

"Apollo! Now's your chance! Use a Double-Team and Electro Ball combo!"
Trucy then said, thrusting a fist in the air. An imaginary fire burned in her heart, and she was more determined than ever. The Pikachu dusted itself off, then split into many copies. Each of those copies unleashed an Electro Ball at the Cranidos.
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 6:20 am

Cranidos didn't stand a chance. The Electro Ball smashed into its head, zapping the dinosaur and causing it to faint.
Roark shook his head at the fact that he had lost twice that day. "Oh well, things happen. You won your battle fair and square. Here is the Coal Badge and a copy of TM 76, or Stealth Rock. Good job with your victory. You were really fun to battle!"

Kyu stood up after watching the battle, which had been just as intense as his had been. He walked over to Trucy as she stepped out of the arena. "Congratulations." he said.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 6:24 am

Trucy thanked both of them, and began to jump up and down happily. Even Apollo smiled with glee.
"Hey, you there!"
Trucy was speaking to Kyu.
"You want to go on a journey, together?"
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 6:30 am

Kyu blinked, then smiled. "I would enjoy that. If you're willing to travel with me to defeat the eight Gym Leaders of Sinnoh, I would enjoy to have a traveling partner.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 6:34 am

Trucy nodded, and put her hands on her hips.
"Let's go to the Pokemon Center to freshen up our Pokemon!"
She picked up Apollo and put him on her shoulder.
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 6:38 am

"Sounds good, and then how about we head to Eterna City to train and face the Gym Leader there?" Kyu asked.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jan 26, 2013 6:47 am

"Sure!"
Trucy replied, and she began to skip happily towards the Pokemon Center.
(Maybe something happens on the way to Eterna City? How about... Team Galactic strikes? Do you like that idea?)
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Challenge: Oreburgh   The Challenge: Oreburgh - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

The Challenge: Oreburgh
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next