HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New skin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Aze
Aze

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8zTue Nov 01, 2011 3:31 am

I went inactive for a while, and came back to see an awfully familiar skin. If I remember correctly this has been the same skin for, what, a year+?

If things are slowing down lately, a touch of something new couldn't hurt. I happen to make skins in my spare time, so I could help out if you're interested. I actually have a few Pokèskins that aren't being used anywhere else, other than my test site.
Ukiki
Ukiki

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8zWed Nov 02, 2011 3:02 pm

While the staff are busy with many things at the moment, this happens to be one of the topics discussed recently. I think it's time for a new skin myself, it does seem to be getting a little old. I'd like to see some of your skins but the best person to talk to about it is Nightmare, as he's our graphics guy. I'm sure he'd be more than willing to take a look at them. :3
Aze
Aze

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8zWed Nov 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Well I should put an example here either way. O_o

Here's what I was thinking:

http://pokemon-amendments.forumotion.com/

Don't worry it's not advertisement. o.o It's a test board, I only use it for skins. This is a WIP skin though; I'm not gonna bother finishing it unless somebody wants me to.
Rayquaza Dude
Rayquaza Dude

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8zThu Nov 03, 2011 10:54 pm

I like the skin how it is, i remember when quib changed the skin on PX it was horrible. The skin does take a lot of work, you have to take in if it matches current icons and the banner, if it appeals to the members, if the colours go together correctly, is there a specific style you should keep to.
Aze
Aze

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8zFri Nov 04, 2011 12:41 am

Banners and icons are considered part of the skin... They get changed too. ._.; I'm not sure I understand. I blame it on lack of sleep if I didn't lol
Rayquaza Dude
Rayquaza Dude

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8zSun Nov 06, 2011 5:24 pm

we've already updated icons and banners, no need to change them too, if you want to make a lot of changes to the site, do them over time, don't just throw it all out, it has to be done slowly, so as not to make a huge difference. You could discuss this with nightmare, see how he thinks on the subject, then luna, since there the people needed to be informed about skin changes.
Aze
Aze

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8zSun Nov 06, 2011 11:42 pm

Yeah... I have to disagree with you completely, lol. I see nothing wrong with changing the skin entirely, and abruptly. That's how it's supposed to be done. Changing it slowly just looks weird. And obviously I put the thread here for a reason. It was a suggestion. If you guys don't want a new skin, I'm perfectly find with using it elsewhere, lol.
Darkrai
Darkrai

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8zMon Nov 07, 2011 4:14 am

I don't see anything wrong with completely changing the skin, it IS about time we tried something new! The only change we had since you left back then was the banner, which I made. It just sucks compared to your work heh. We need to get the Head's permission, I'll ask her myself. Once we do get permission, you can work on the skin on your test site, if she's happy then we can apply it here. By the way, I can do some graphics although I'm not as good as you, ask me if you need any help ;)

EDIT:
I think I just got permission, that was fast O.O
Anyway, your skin is amazingly great at that site! Would you work on a new one or submit that one to be voted on? I'd love to help you in a new skin by the way! :D

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8zMon Nov 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Finaly someone beside me and Nightmare thinks that we need new skin. About that skin you showed Aze, it is phpBB 3. I personaly don't like that version, and i think that we need to stick to phpBB 2.

Anyway I like the idea :)
Aze
Aze

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8zTue Nov 08, 2011 5:04 am

I've actually had some help offered in finishing my [pokèmon] test site, SO.

I'll be making a new test site, and an entirely different skin in accordance to Luna's request. It should be finished within the week, so long as my internet doesn't go down again. I'm not sure what version I'll be using- most likely invision or phpbb 2. I'm used to phpbb 3, so I figure it's time for something new lol.

On that note: I hate Verizon.
Darkrai
Darkrai

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8zTue Nov 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Nice then, good luck and thanks a lot. I heard Luna sent you a message about working with me on this thing, tell me whether you can do better alone or you need some sorta help?
Aze
Aze

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8zWed Nov 09, 2011 5:21 am

xD Honestly I do better alone. People can't do what the other has in mind, after all. Thanks though~
Darkrai
Darkrai

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8zWed Nov 09, 2011 11:18 am

Alright, good luck for the third time! ;)
Sponsored content

New skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skin?   New skin? H6Q0F8z

New skin?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1