HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Key Items?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Baron_La_Croix
Baron_La_Croix

Key Items? Empty
PostSubject: Key Items?   Key Items? H6Q0F8zThu May 19, 2011 11:30 pm

It's just a thought, but how does a shop, or certain events or something, for key items to be used in RPs sound? Things like bicycles, fishing rods, town maps, or maybe even cell phones or other items of interest...? Also, what about event items, such as fossils to be revived into prehistoric pokemon, odd keystones for a Spiritomb event, and in very rare cases, island passes and other legendary event items, such as Darkrai's Member's Pass and Victini's Liberty Pass?

Like I said, just a thought to add some consistency to the RPs... please don't kill me... ;^;

Key Items? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Items?   Key Items? H6Q0F8zFri May 20, 2011 12:01 am

Pretty sure a lot of members start out with some of those things, just based on their history. [If they were rich, they're likely to have a cell phone, etc]. Then the pass and stuff, it's not a bad idea. Pretty sure a lot of items like that are random finds, though so are legendary Pokemon themselves. [I have a character with a Mew, then one with an odd mini-Mewtwo]
Baron_La_Croix
Baron_La_Croix

Key Items? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Items?   Key Items? H6Q0F8zFri May 20, 2011 12:17 am

For the legendary event items, I can see them requiring a lot of prize points instead of just buying them normally. Still, I thought it'd be a good idea for people to get a random fossil or non-legendary event pokemon, such as Spiritomb and Rotom. Kinda like you can get the item early on, and no do anything with it until later, like a brick joke but not really a joke. :P

And for the standard key items, I suppose that would make sense, but I admittedly was discouraged from doing it when I saw the 'Items' part of the char sheet saying to leave it blank. ^^;;

Key Items? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Items?   Key Items? H6Q0F8zFri May 20, 2011 12:18 am

Yeah, that's talking about potions and the like. Most Trainers and such are assumed to have a pokedex and the like unless they specify they don't.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

Key Items? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Items?   Key Items? H6Q0F8zFri May 20, 2011 11:13 pm

Actually, I was just thinking about this today - although my main thoughts were based on gadgets and stuff. I'm pretty sure it started out because I was thinking about the radio in Pokemon and then I realized we don't really have anything like that here. SO. I had concieved some sort of shop for gadgets and things- radios, cell phones, poketches etc. But now I realize it would work better to just put all that into a key items shop.
Overall, I support the idea of adding a Key Item shop and separate section on the character sheet.

Key Items? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Items?   Key Items? H6Q0F8zFri May 20, 2011 11:18 pm

Stuff like fishing poles are reasonable to sell, but other things are like buying clothes for your character in-game with your in-game money. It seems unnecessary to actually purchase it XD perhaps make it able to be gained through RP. Such as after they've gained X levels or caught X Pokemon they get one of the items [like a cell phone or radio] and said items have special abilities [such as the radio luring more rare Pokemon, or the cell phone allowing long-distance trades with other characters in separate threads whom also have a cell phone and have registered their number]
Sponsored content

Key Items? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Items?   Key Items? H6Q0F8z

Key Items?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1