HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stacy Miller

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
blitzwolfmon2099
blitzwolfmon2099

Stacy Miller Empty
PostSubject: Stacy Miller   Stacy Miller H6Q0F8zWed Feb 25, 2015 6:07 pm

|~ Gen. Information ~|
Name:Stacy Miller
Birthplace:Hoenn, Lillycove
Trainer Rank:Coordinator

|~ Characterization ~|
Appearance:
She is a white petite framed woman who stands at five foot five and a half. She has short spikey brown hair, brown eyes, and wears silver framed glasses. She wears blue jeans with a black leather belt. The belt has her pokeballs hooked to it. On her back is a dark blue backpack. She has a forest green shirt on and is wearing an unzipped black leather jacket. She has white sneakers. Around her neck is a silver cross necklace.

Personality:
Stacy is a calm and easygoing person. Despite that she suffers from mild anxiety and needs the companionship of another be it pokemon or human to keep sane. She has a kind heart and will not leave those who are injured often trying her best to help. She has great sympathy towards others sometimes crying for no other reason than someone else doing so. She loves the charm of contests and hopes to one day compete in the Grand Festival in Hoenn. She loves pokemon attacks and combos that create a glowing effect. Especially if the glow makes the pokemon look more attractive.

Though a tomboy by nature she doesn't mind wearing a dress and makeup. The only exception is lipstick because she feels unpleasant to her. She loves sports, her favorite being football. Her favorite types of pokemon are fire and dragon types. Her favorite types of attacks are the Ice type and Fire type attacks. She has a great disliking for bullying and prejudice towards other people always standing up for those facing those issues. She is usually a loner despite her anxiety but is not above making friends. She has epilepsy that affects her short and long term memory but she rarely forgets information very important to her.  

Battle Style:
Stacy normally utilizes a calm and rational way of thinking in battle. She can pull some random strategies, some even unorthodox, out of thin air. She sometimes might use various attacks as a distraction if cornered so she can think up a plan.  

Past Experience / History:
Stacy was born in Lillycove City. Her family moved around a lot when she was young. Though she and her family found it annoying, it was necessary because her father was in the military. However, the annoyed feeling she got from moving was all she remembered from the first eight years of her life. When she was nine her father retired from the military settling in Slateport. Since she spent so much time moving around she had come to believe that her mom was the only friend she needed. When she was thirteen, her family moved back to Lillycove with plans to stay there. At some level she was excited since she had always liked appearance of the pokemon contest hall there. Her father became a security guard while her mother spent, with the Jigglypuff her husband got for her shortly after moving back to Lillycove, was a decent coordinator. Stacy and her father spent his time off watching various sports, mostly football. That and watching her mother compete in contests. When she was almost fourteen she had a seizure and, after a trip to a doctor, was diagnosed with epilepsy.

Sadly, five years later, when Stacy was eighteen her mother died of cancer. She was planning on becoming a coordinator but her mother's death caused her plans to screech to a halt. She was very close to her mother and struggled for several years with the impact. Stacy never fully recovered and started struggling with anxiety. She had a feeling her mother's death and her loner nature were the root of the problem considering she no longer could stand to be alone very long. However she didn't go to see a doctor. For three years she barely left home not feeling like facing the outside world. Even though her father tried to coax her out of the house more often, he wasn't very successful. At twenty one she started working, however, she was unable to hold most jobs for more than a few months. She only worked in restaurants as a waitress to multiple other businesses as a janitor. She spent the next eleven years as a gardener, that being the first job she successfully held. Despite being medicated for her epilepsy she had many seizures that affected her memory both short and long term. This being the reason she doesn't remember her first eight years of life.  

That is until last year when she found a Meowth who had been beaten and abandoned by his trainer. She found him while heading home from work. He was dirty and starving but still, strangely, was not afraid of her because he was still trusting of humans. He approached purring, let her pick him up, and take him to the pokemon center. She helped him build his strength back up and named him Alex. When Alex was healthy again, she decided to try being a coordinator. She felt that was why her employment was unsteady. It was time to follow her dream. Obviously Alex had no problem with this considering he started following her everywhere shortly after regaining his strength. After packing her backpack and saying goodbye to her father and Jigglypuff, she headed for the contest hall in town.

|~ Inventory ~|
Badges:
~Kanto~
~Hoenn~
~Johto~
~Sinnoh~
~Unova~
~Kalos~
~Other~

Money: $450
Items:
05x Pokeballs
05x Rare Candies
01x Lucky Egg
01x Oval Stone
01x Egg Move Stone (Teaches Compatible EM)
10x Special Pokeball Seals
TM 40 Aerial Ace
TM 45 Attract
TM 51 Steel Wing
TM 75 Swords Dance

|~ Pokemon ~|
Species: Meowth
Nickname: Alex
Level: 12
Experience: 0
Ability: Technician
Personality:
Alex is brave and friendly. Despite being beaten and abandoned by his last trainer, he is oddly trusting of humans.
Moves:
Scratch Lv.1
Growl Lv.1
Bite Lv.6
Fake Out Lv.9
[TM] Thunderbolt
[TM] Aerial Ace
[TM] Attract
[EM] Iron Tail

Stacy Miller Hawlucha
Pokemon:Hawlucha
Level: 27
Ability: Mold Breaker – This Pokemon is unaffected by the abilities of other Pokemon in battle.
Moves:
- Detect
- Tackle
- Hone Claws
- Karate Chop
- Wing Attack
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Encore
- Fling
Personality: Strong and mindful, this Pokemon will only do what it wants to do and is not easily influenced by others. Hawlucha will also stand up for anyone else being pressured or bullied, human or Pokemon, although it is prone to being overzealous.

Pokemon: Cubone
Level: 13
Ability: Rock Head - Does not receive recoil damage from recoil-causing damages.
Moves:
- Growl
- Tail Whip
- Bone Club
- Headbutt
- Leer
- Ancient Power [EM]
Personality: Despite the assumed sad experiences of a Cubone, this one is nothing but lively and lovable. He gives attention easily and is resourceful in even the most stressful situations. Beyond all this, however, are insecurities that he's not doing enough for his own team, and a bully can drive him to tears if they hit the right spot.

Pokemon: Milotic
Level: 27
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves:
- Wrap
- Water Gun
- Water Sport
- Refresh
- Disarming Voice  
- Twister  
- Water Pulse
- Aqua Ring  
- Captivate
- Dragon Tail
EM - Mirror Coat
Personality: A pokemon who is beautiful inside and out, Milotic is like the mother pokemon, full of love for those under her protection. Her bond with a trainer is almost unbreakable and she seems to have the type of personality to calm down situations of anger or uncertainty.  She is full of potential whether in contests or battles. Her mind seems to sync with a trainer's pefectly.

Jeff's Autumn Sewaddle Egg

Sparkling Egg (Hatches into a shiny of one of these Pokemon: Buneary, Torchic, Togepi, Happiny, Fletchling, or Bunnelby)

Last edited by blitzwolfmon2099 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:49 am; edited 8 times in total
Dragon Kurai

Stacy Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stacy Miller   Stacy Miller H6Q0F8zWed Feb 25, 2015 6:48 pm

The first couple of things I've gotta point out are that you don't really need the "Out to Live a Dream" in the topic title and that the spacing you have in your application is too much. You have about three linebreaks between "Name" and "Age," and then there's two linebreaks and such scattered about which aren't really necessary.

Appearance:
Not really a necessity, but does the character have a bag or means of storing items that isn't a bag?

Personality:
You mention in two different statements what sort of attacks the character likes; in the first, you mention both an ice and fire attack, while the second time, it is simply ice. This is not consistent. Also, whereas I see you wrote some things that the character finds interesting, I don't really get a sense of what she dislikes. A character is also a bit more depth-filled than what I see. She has a problem with her temper, yet this isn't explored. I also see you write she's an easy-going person and kind, but nothing else. People can be mad, happy, sad, enthused, distasteful, disruptive, kind, infuriating, or even quirky; there's gotta be more to the character than meets the eye when I read the app ;3

Battle Style:
The battle style is a bit short of my expectations. In what ways is the character unpredictable / hard to understand? Does she use a flurry of differently-typed moves, or does she constantly rotate her strategy? If she does, what sorts of strategies does she implement?

History:
The history's a bit short and uneventful. We find that Stacy moved around a lot, but we are not shown the impacts of this on herself, or even her family. We see that her mother becomes deceased, but we don't read anything of an adjustment period or how this influences her personality, beliefs, or even her life for a temporary time. There is then a large time gap (with no details specifying what age she is at any point) where she finds a meowth, asking it to join her to become a coordinator. We aren't really shown any details of Meowth accepting or denying the request, or even if the pokemon can speak telepathetically or just had to nod.

Essentially I'm saying the history needs more exploration; it should be hashed out more with more transitions to create flow. As of the moment it just jumps from the first paragraph to the next with no indication it does transition. Alongside this all the way the history works should have a fine, even if small, balance with the personality and appearance; how the character reacts to situations and how they battle should be influenced, even to a small extent, by their background such that everything works together.

Pokemon:
The nickname of the pokemon isn't spoken about in the history of the character; having that there would be a really good starting point. Also, I'd appreciate seeing labels on the moves saying which level they're learned at or what TM they are.

Thank you for reading~
blitzwolfmon2099
blitzwolfmon2099

Stacy Miller Empty
PostSubject: Stacy Miller   Stacy Miller H6Q0F8zWed Feb 25, 2015 7:59 pm

I hope these edits do the trick.
Dragon Kurai

Stacy Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stacy Miller   Stacy Miller H6Q0F8zThu Feb 26, 2015 2:49 am

General:
The spacing of the application still scatterbrains me. In some places there is one linebreak, while in others there are two and three, and it's not consistent. I also take a notice that, when you edited and re-submited, any spaces after your punctuation (periods, commas) is now gone, running words together.

Personality:
Again, you restate what moves she likes and then what types she likes. This is a bit repetitive, as only one is required (I would utilize the broader statement of fire and ice attacks, but that's me). I still get no sense of what she dislikes, and I notice that all that really changed to expand her personality is that she suffers from mild anxiety, which ultimately replaced having a temper problem, leaving, really, the same amount of information as before.

- Statement of favorite move types
- Personality still needs exploration and hashing

Battle Styles:
While you did add onto the predicability of the character's methods, they still feel fragmented. For example, you wrote she'll sometimes use unorthodox methods to surprise opponents, but nothing about how she later follows up to aid herself in battle.

History:
I will give you props for adding a few more events to the history, though I'm still a bit disappointed with the lack of detail on the character's early history. I find you skip 13+ years in a matter of a few sentences, and all of that is just about moving. How does the moving impact Stacy as a person? Does she have to make new friends or attend new schools? Does the return to her town yield its own impacts? Next up, I notice that you mention Stacy begins struggling with anxiety after struggling to deal with her mother's death; however, there's no indication of how the parental death caused it, nor is there information on whether she was self-diagnosed or diagnosed by someone else (her father; a doctor; etc). Did she have to start taking medication to deal with it?

The transitioning between the first and second paragraph is a bit better, but still not decent enough for an approval. Again, there is another three year gap and then an eleven-year gap. What sorts of jobs did she work, and how did she do in her occupations? Were there employers or employees she met, and how did her anxiety place an impact on her working experience? Perhaps she climbed the occupational ladder, for example. Lastly, what indication of abandonment did the character have of Meowth being abandoned? If it was abandoned, was it still linked to a pokeball, or had it just been released by the trainer? Why was the pokemon not afraid of her? [I'm also a bit curious as to her father's response and his interactions throughout her history other than being a retired military participant].

- Transitions between events need to be modified
- Early childhood, etc needs expansion
- Meowth scenario needs hashing
- Potential to add interactions from father and chr development

I hate to sound picky on these sorts of things, but I really do want to see this application shine and be approved. That's why I'm asking about so many things ;3
blitzwolfmon2099
blitzwolfmon2099

Stacy Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stacy Miller   Stacy Miller H6Q0F8zSat Feb 28, 2015 4:19 am

So is my character okay? Cat
Dragon Kurai

Stacy Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stacy Miller   Stacy Miller H6Q0F8zSat Feb 28, 2015 5:16 am

We're getting closer, but still not quite there. A few of the major issues I've written about the first time or two are still present. :3

Personality:
Again, a character is more depth-filled than I'm witnessing. Yes, you did add a couple of things about what she dislikes, but it doesn't really add much depth to her character other than just stating what she disapproves of. It does kinda fit with the kindness aspect of her personality though, so score for that one ;3

How does she respond to bullying and prejudice? Does she correct people when they harrass or act prejudice? How do her dislikes work in her personality as a whole?

History:
Stated a couple of times prior, there's a large chunk of the character's early life missing. All I can tell from the 1st 1/2 of the 1st paragraph (in major events) is she moved a lot until she was 13. There's gotta be more to her 1st 12 years of life; certainly she explored, found something odd she has as a secret, or something that makes those years of her life worth hashing further.

I notice that you mention the character felt her loner nature and mother's death causes of her anxiety. I'm inferring she self-diagnosed based on that. However, did she go and see a doctor; did she buy medicine she uses to help it in extreme cases? Also, why isn't the loner nature mentioned in the personality?

Next up is still that there's a three year time-skip that is just a sudden breakage, jumping from one subject directly to the next. I also notice minimal information is provided in regards to the occupancies. She worked as a waitress and a janitor only?

Immediately after this there is an 11-year timeskip, with minimal, if any, information provided for what happened inbetween. The transition between the 2nd and 3rd paragraph is just a sudden jump from occupancies to finding a meowth. As in the last critique, no note's present as per how Meowth felt he/she could trust the trainer, and that would be a crucial detail for her history.

- Problems with flow of time in history
--- Hash details on early childhood (1st 12 years)
--- 3-year time jump between anxiety and work starting
--- 11-year skip from 21 years of age to 33 years
- Loner nature in history; not present in personality
- Notes on how Meowth could trust trainer

Best wishes; lemme know when you've edited via a post here; I'ma checkin daily for changes o3o
blitzwolfmon2099
blitzwolfmon2099

Stacy Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stacy Miller   Stacy Miller H6Q0F8zSat Feb 28, 2015 6:52 am

I hope these small changes to my character and her pokemon do the trick.
Dragon Kurai

Stacy Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stacy Miller   Stacy Miller H6Q0F8zSat Feb 28, 2015 4:15 pm

History:
I'm finding that you still haven't changed the beginning of the character's history to include events from the first, at least 8, years of her life. Those 8 missing years are a large chunk of her childhood, and help develop her as a character; there has to be osmething other than just remembering the "annoyed feeling" that she has in regards to it. Did she not find a friend she spoke to through the years despite where she lived? Was there some unordinary event that she's remembered?

There's still a sudden breakage in time flow between the second and third paragraphs. Did she find meowth while she was walking home one day? Did she find him at her workplace? And still, how did he hvae the sense he could trust her? Was it her appearance, or had he been observing her a while to make the conclusion?

You gotta do more than just a smidge change to satisfy what these requests are asking for. Writing one extra sentence about him approaching and purring doesn't really answer why he thinks he can trust her, nor does it fix the transition between paragraphs. The rest of the history is giveable (other than the first years of life mentioned), but there's gotta be a bit more of an emphasis on this meeting; it's where she met her pokemon; it has to have been more special than just pick-up-and-go, right?

- Hash details on early childhood (1st 12 years)
- Meowth scenario: how can he trust and transition smoother

As before, lemme know via nom when you've left a change o3o
blitzwolfmon2099
blitzwolfmon2099

Stacy Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stacy Miller   Stacy Miller H6Q0F8zSat Feb 28, 2015 6:33 pm

The first eight years of life not remembered makes since now considering she now has epilepsy. Since I have epilepsy as well I'm in the same boat as her. I even don't remember being younger than nine myself.

As for her meowth, Alex, she found him heading home from work. That and in Stacy's history as well as Alex's personality it is mentioned he is trusting of humans. He's an odd little kitty, huh?

I hope this does the trick and she's approved.
Dragon Kurai

Stacy Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stacy Miller   Stacy Miller H6Q0F8zSat Feb 28, 2015 11:45 pm

The character having epilepsy is mentioned only in the history in one location; that's probably why I missed it. If she has epilepsy that's a critical detail to her personality, and it should also be mentioned there. Add it in there and then it'll meet the requirements for approval.
blitzwolfmon2099
blitzwolfmon2099

Stacy Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stacy Miller   Stacy Miller H6Q0F8zSun Mar 01, 2015 12:55 am

All right I added a little something in the personality pertaining to her epilepsy. I hope this works.
Dragon Kurai

Stacy Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stacy Miller   Stacy Miller H6Q0F8zSun Mar 01, 2015 3:10 am

It's gonna have to do. Approved unless otherwise written.
Don't forget to put a link to this app in your signature.
Sponsored content

Stacy Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stacy Miller   Stacy Miller H6Q0F8z

Stacy Miller
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1