HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frank Torano

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
frankdatank35

Frank Torano Empty
PostSubject: Frank Torano   Frank Torano H6Q0F8zWed Feb 25, 2015 11:41 am

|~ Gen. Information ~|
Aliases / Names:
Frank Torano

Age | Birthplace | Gender:
Birthplace: Mauville City, Hoenn

Trainer Rank:
Pokemon Trainer

|~ Characterization ~|
Appearance:
Frank is slightly tanned, standing at 5'11" weighing in at roughly 185.3 lbs. He has shorty, shaggy, dark brown hair that he hardly ever keeps brushed or combed. He can normally be seen wearing faded, worn out, blue jeans, mud caked brown hiking boots, and either single color t-shirts or polo shirts. He normally wears black leather gloves, unless he is eating or sleeping. His brown eyes are usually half closed if you find him early in the morning or after a nap. Strapped to his back is a red and black messenger bag, used to carry his supplies.

Personality:
Frank is an outgoing person, wanting to make friends everywhere he goes. He likes to socialize and get to know people and Pokemon. He'll do whatever he can to protect his friends, Pokemon included, and family as he does not want to lose anyone else. He has great loyalty to those close to him, as family is very important to him. His sister and him were very close, being only one year apart. He takes the closeness between him and his sister and wants to have friendships like that. Friends close to him, he considers a part of his family. If something or someone threatens those close to him, Frank can lose his temper and become really aggressive. He doesn't want to lose anyone else.

Frank is not a morning person. If you talk to him just after he woke up, don't expect much from a blank expression or a small glare. Let him drink his coffee first. If by some miracle you're able to wake him up from his sleep, he'll give you a nasty glare before going back to sleep. You'll probably have to wake him up multiple times if there is something urgent.

Growing up in a city, Frank is used to crowded places and loud noises. He feels more comfortable in city settings than compared to small towns and forests. He doesn't get nervous in those places, just a bit less excited. He prefers group settings over solo but will go solo if the time calls for it.

His idea of relaxing is sitting down and writing in his journal of his adventures and things he's seen. It helps him wind down from the events of the day. When writing, he prefers to do so in a quiet area, that be the place he is staying for the night or a local library.

He has a strong dislike for snowy places as his parents had died on their way to Snowpoint City. He will not travel to those places unless absolutely necessary (i.e. gym badges).

Battle Style:
Frank prefers using type advantages where applicable. He will occasionally use his favorite Pokemon who has type advantageous moves. If Frank does not have the type advantage, Frank tries to win with brute force and powerful attacks.

Past Experience / History:
Frank was born and raised in Mauville City with his sister, Claire. With their parents, Ashton and Mary, they lived in apartment 14 in Mauville Hills.  On Frank's eighth birthday, Frank's parents got a Pokemon, as a pet. Claire had gotten a Skitty on her eighth birthday a year before. As Frank's gift, his first Pokemon was a Dedenne. Frank was overjoyed to have a Pokemon, especially one so cute. Frank and Dedenne were inseparable.

One day while Frank and Dedenne running around Mauville Hills, the two of them accidentally ran into a the cheerfully electrifying man. After getting knocked down, Frank bounced up and immediately apologized to the man he ran into. The man laughed and told him not to worry. Frank looked up at the man and recognized the man as the gym leader Wattson. Wattson was happy to see the little electric Pokemon perched on Frank's shoulder. Frank and Wattson made some small talk on the way to the gym. They parted ways but no before Wattson told Frank he would wait for his gym challenge. At this point, Frank had his mind set on becoming a Pokemon trainer, but an unforeseen event would put that dream on hold.

Frank had turned twelve a few months before his parents' anniversary. Claire and Frank were able to convince their parents to take a vacation, just the two of them. Ashton and Mary took a week long trip out to Sinnoh. On the fifth day, tragedy struck. Ashton and Mary were on their way to Snowpoint City when their bus got caught in a snowstorm. An avalanche hit the bus, pushing it over the edge of a cliff. None survived. Frank and Claire were grief stricken and barely left their home the following week. Frank would spend most of the week in his room, only coming out to get something to eat. But afterwards, he would head back into his room. Dedenne and Skitty tried cheering up their partners, but Frank and Claire were just too depressed for any positive reaction. They would have to leave their home eventually, either to find work or be kicked out of their home as they had no money to pay for the place once their parents' funds ran out.

It had been a month since their parents' passing and the siblings were reaching the limit of their money. With no steady income, they would have to be forced to move out. They had a talk one day and decided that they would get whatever jobs they could get at their age. After a couple days of asking around, they were able to get jobs in Mauville City. Claire was able to grab employment at Rydel's Cycles as a clerk and Frank as a dishwasher at the Mauville Food Court. Rydel was happy finding another person to help out around the shop and hired Claire quickly. Frank's employers were a bit hesitant on hiring him but pitied him after learning his parents had died. So they hired him out of the pity and Frank knew it. Frank was a bit annoyed at the reason but he needed money. They were able to get by on their combined salaries, but just barely. Claire stayed stagnate at her job but had no qualms about it. Frank was able to work up the ladder eventually working at the registers through his hard work and impressing his boss and coworkers.

The relationship grew between the two of them as they relied on each other to keep up their work and make sure they got by. If one of them got sick, the other would work twice as hard and as much to make up for the other. With all the work they were putting in, their grief began to slowly fade but they never really were the same. Every time either of them say a child with their parents, a small pain echoed through their mind and heart, a reminder of what they lost.

The Torano siblings caught a break a few months after Claire turned 18. She was able to get a job working at TV Mauville. The bigger salary was more than enough for them to keep their apartment in Mauville Hills. Claire told Frank that he would now be able to start off on his journey as a Pokemon Trainer. He wanted to keep working and help Claire pay for their apartment, but she told him that she would be able to handle everything now that she had a better paying job. Reluctantly, Frank agreed but it would be when he was ready to leave.

The day after turning 18, Frank quit his job at the food court. He got his final pay and headed back home, where his sister was waiting for him. Frank had packed everything the night before in his messenger bag. Frank handed Claire his pay check and grabbed his bag. With a hug good bye from Claire, Frank and Dedenne set out on their journey.

|~ Inventory ~|
Badges:
~Kanto~
~Hoenn~
~Johto~
~Sinnoh~
~Unova~
~Kalos~
~Other~

Money: $6,200
Items:
05x Pokeballs

|~ Pokemon ~|
Species: Dedenne
Nickname: N/A
Level: 10
Experience: 0
Ability: Pick Up
Personality:
Gentle and highly curious. Sometimes it wanders off, but not too far, from Frank when it hears or sees something curious or interesting.
Moves:
[Start] Tackle
[Start] Tail Whip
[Level 7] Thunder Shock
[TM] Wild Charge
[Egg] Covet

Last edited by frankdatank35 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Dragon Kurai

Frank Torano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Torano   Frank Torano H6Q0F8zWed Feb 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Appearance:
Nothing major (actually it's good to go as it is); just wanted to ask if the character has any accessories or a bag in which he keeps his items. They aren't mentioned.

Personality:
While the character's personality isn't exactly a common one utilized on the forum, it still doesn't really seem to define him much. The three things that I got from the personality were that he's kind, has close bonds and wants those sorts of bonds between himself and friends, and that he isn't really a morning person. A character is a lot more deeper; how does he respond in certain situations? What are some of his interests and some of the things he hates with a passion (other than waking up in the morning)? Does the character have a hobby of sorts that he practices? There's multiple things that could be considered.

Battle Style:
While battle styles can't necessarily be huge in length, I feel as though a smidge more could be added here. He uses type advantages, but is there a secondary strategy he may follow if the first can't be done (for example, if he doesn't have the type-advantage available)?

History:
First off, gotta remove the notes that are left from the trainer template (they have asterisks beside them).
1. How many days exactly did they spend in home upon their parents' deaths?
2. While the two were grief-stricken, were there any methods that they tried to dull how negative they felt? For example, did one of them just close the other off for a few days, or did they try to drown their sorrows with a hobby of sorts?
frankdatank35

Frank Torano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Torano   Frank Torano H6Q0F8zThu Feb 26, 2015 2:33 am

Okay, I believe I made appropriate edits.
Dragon Kurai

Frank Torano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Torano   Frank Torano H6Q0F8zThu Feb 26, 2015 3:01 am

Personality: Excellent expansion on his personality! It's not perfect depth, but a lot more fulfilling to the reader than it was in its first edition. I like the hobby of writing down his adventures; it's reminiscent of the game's saving mechanic, and it also leaves room for him to share his stories with others.

Battle Style: You wrote enough to satisfy the requirements I set. Like I said, styles don't have to be huge, but they gotta have a multi-case scenario should the trainer need to battle in more than one style.

History:
The transition from being depressive in their homes to eventually having to leave for one reason or another is a bit sudden; can you smooth out the transition for me? Also, I didn't ask this of you earlier, but can you hash out a few more events between when they first got jobs to when Frank leaves home? Did the siblings' relationship become a bit strained from the work, or did it provide to them a light distraction from their depression? How did their employers see them when they began at a young age? [I'd also note that it's not really written if they eventually got over their grief or not.]

Other than that, you're almost ready to go x3
frankdatank35

Frank Torano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Torano   Frank Torano H6Q0F8zThu Feb 26, 2015 7:37 am

Okay, I really hope I got it this time.

And on the journal thing, I never connected it to the saving thing. I just remembered in DPPt you had a journal key item.
frankdatank35

Frank Torano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Torano   Frank Torano H6Q0F8zFri Feb 27, 2015 10:20 pm

I know it hasn't been 48 hours but I'm going to be busy tonight, so bump :3 Cat
Dragon Kurai

Frank Torano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Torano   Frank Torano H6Q0F8zFri Feb 27, 2015 11:44 pm

It isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than when it was started. Approved unless someone else has a qualm about it (totally stole that word from the app)

Don't forget to put a link in your signature.
Sponsored content

Frank Torano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Torano   Frank Torano H6Q0F8z

Frank Torano
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1