HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Dragon Kurai

If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Apr 19, 2015 3:00 am

"It's so sad that you won't fight," Kim spoke to Amber, the trainer sounding greatly displeased. "Because he's my only pokemon." Her words rang with calamity in it; if Amber was going to be vengeful and attain justice from her past, then Kim was the calamity and evil that desired destruction. "It's a shame Amber; I can see how distrustful you are of humanity," Kim spoke with amusement. "Which is a shame. I've seen so many good people... One of whom stands behind me. While your aura glows black and red with vengeance and hatred towards me, the psychic behind me has an aura of gold and silver." She turned, taking the trainer behind her while her absol boasted complaint. She didn't dare move though; Crimson was staring at her with a fierce expression; if she tried anything, she'd get slaughtered. The psychic, meanwhile, shed a few tears. "This is why I didn't want you to go to the gym," she coughed to Amber, Kim holding the woman hostage as she looked to the trainer.

"You wanna play the hero, then I'll play the villain... I wanted to be your friend Amber; I truthfully did... But you got so much; I got so little... That's why I had your little friend taken away from you; do you know what it's like to see a stranger come to your home, get the favor of your parents and everything!? DO YOU!?" Her voice was pained, Kim shedding a few tears as she then gave recognition to Crimson. "Crimson, bite," she commanded, the growlithe turning around and snapping at the unknown woman's leg. The way he was being controlled, the sharpened teeth with which he bit, and the cruelty he displayed made it clear just a bit how he had been treated by his second trainer. The psychic screamed, her absol crying out with complaint before looking to Amber's espeon.

"Don't just stand there," her voice rang, and it echoed to Amber's mind by some means. "Help her! Stop this from happening! Look at what she's done for you; don't let your friend... My trainer... be hurt!" Kim, meanwhile, laughed a bit while the stranger she held hostage cried out, Growlithe turning back to his trainer with a sense of death and despair there. Beyond the foggy layer, into the greyness, there was the old friend she knew; he was upset about what he was doing, about what he was ordered to do, but he had no means of disobeying. The pokemon growled again, swiping his paw a couple of times on the ground as though preparing to charge, rushing forward tackling Amber to the ground.

"No pokemon in this battle," Kim laughed maniacally to Amber. "Fight him yourself, or let him kill you! It'll be nice to see you squirm and finally be gone! I won't have to worry about you ever again!" The woman was clearly mentally disturbed, no strangers around as clouds covered the sky and rain fell. Kim dropped the psychic, the woman grasping her leg where it had been viciously bitten while the trainer above her stared to the growlithe. "Bite Crimson! Bite bite bite!" The pokemon stared straight at Amber's eyes, baring his blood-stained teeth at her. Kim looked to her pokemon. "If any of you move, by the way, I'll kill her myself! I'll drain the life out of every single one of you!"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 20, 2015 9:30 pm

As the Growlithe charged, Amber felt the sudden rush of weight up against her. Enough to cause her to fall to the ground with the hostile Pokemon on top of her. As quick as she could, she pushed back, attempting to get the puppy Pokemon off of her as she rolled away from him. It was done gently, though, so the impact of the push wouldn't do much damage to the canine. She needed time to formulate a plan, she needed something to work with.

"Good people?" Amber scoffed, "and yet you attack them with no mercy? Honestly, no one is good and no one is evil, in a war, both sides believe they're fighting for the right cause. They're both the good guys to their eyes and the bad guys to the opposing side, so why, then, do you have the right to pick and choose titles like that?" The words were streaming out of her mouth as her mind whirred in panic. Mostly, she was stalling for time and saying anything that came to mind as she held a hand out toward the Pack to as a 'stay back and hold still' type of signal, and they all reluctantly obeyed not because of Kim's words but because of the command of their Alpha trainer. They were all nervous with the hostile Pokemon that close.

As she watched Crimson wearily, she slid her pull-over up over her head and wrapped the thick sweatshirt around one of her now-bare arms. What she had decided to do was desperate, but what choice did she have? She continued talking to try and divert as much attention from her Pokemon and to herself as she could. "You're right, I don't know what it's like," she said, trying to keep her voice calm as she eyed the Growlithe, tensing while she figured out just when to strike. "Because my parents are dead. I don't even know what it's like to have their attention," she spat, "they always liked you more than me, I don't get why you wouldn't get that through your thick skull. Do you know what it's like for everything and everyone you ever get close to to die all around you? To have nothing but misery follow your every step? If you want to be the villain, fine. But don't call me a hero." As she finished speaking, she suddenly sprung in a dive toward Crimson, extending her arms and attempting to grab him in a bear hug of sorts. If she managed it, the arm wrapped in the sweatshirt would obscure her bare one, creating at least some of a barrier between the Pokemon's sharp teeth and her own flesh, but she had already come to terms with the fact that if he bit it would hurt. A lot. No matter how much, though, she wouldn't let go. She couldn't let him hurt anyone else.

Friend? Lavender questioned, but didn't dwell on the notion. I will do what's in my power, she replied to the Absol, but given what is occurring, there is only so much I can do. I feel as if your trainer may not be the only one injured once this endeavor is through. I will scope the area for any sign of life that I may be able to contact for help, however, I am not familiar enough with human wavelengths to perform telepathic communication with them. I will try my best to find a Trainer's Pokemon nearby that can send for medical attention, however, is it worth putting them in danger as well? I feel as if the human was not lying about the ability to drain life-force, there is something malicious in the energy around her. I am well familiar with energies and my kind is known for their precognition. I feel as if it will only make things worsen... Just in case, she did send out a psychic impulse to scope the minds of any other Pokemon nearby, but excluded the Pack, Absol, and Growlithe from the reading, though it would take time to pinpoint any specifics.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 21, 2015 12:53 am

As the rain continued to fall, Kim listened to Amber talking back against her. "You didn't deserve parents then," she scoffed, Crimson yapping a single time when Amber tackled him. The pokemon roared angrily after processing what she had done, the pokemon snapping quite deeply into her arm. As if on the backburner of his mind, the pokemon whimpered lightly with eyes staring directly at Amber. The pokemon was definitely going to be a challenge to face, given he was stronger than her and tossed about on the ground viciously for her to let him go. "Good job Crimson! Make sure you kill her," Kim laughed, her attention then turning to the absol and espeon. "Did you think I couldn't hear your little telepathy," she questioned lightly as though a schoolteacher. "I find it quite amazing that pokemon can talk between each other so... But no no, I can't let you get help."

The trainer, pointing a couple of fingers at the espeon, grinned with the most horrific expression possible. She began to pry at the pokemon's life, sapping her energy bit by bit as the absol watched with horror. The pokemon had had enough of this horror fest. She lunged at Kim, biting her arm and tackling her down such that the espeon would be saved. "Leave her alone," she cried out, as though the human would actually understand her "absols." Having done such a thing grasped Crimson's attention, the pokemon ripping his teeth from Amber's arm and squirming free to lunge, which he took with no haste. He ripped into the absol's neck, Kim sucking the life from the absol to the point some of her fur was let loose and dulled in color. "Stop it," the stranger who had spoken to Amber earlier cried out, crawling towards her pokemon after Crimson and Kim were both up and walking towards Amber, the latter holding her arm gritting her teeth.

"Where were we," Kim snarled angrily, holding her fingers down while a small string of aura formed with it. Crimson stayed at his 'trainer's' side, watching Kim lash the thin rope towards Amber. "Oh yes, killing you! Getting you out of my life permanently!" Crimson stared over to Amber's pokemon, glaring at the group as secretly, one of his paws dug into the ground in reluctance. He was having trouble trying to control himself, and it was evidence with the paw shaking. "One lash! Two lashes! Three! Count with me Amber! COUNT!"

[Casualty count: one]
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 21, 2015 3:15 am

It was then, as her arm seared with pain, as the aura dug into her flesh bit by bit, that Amber had finally snapped. It was something long being built up, and she should have expected as much. After all, it seemed any temporary peace was brutally shot down and torn apart no matter where she turned, no matter how much she tried to step away from the beaten and shadowed path. But her story wasn't a fairy tale and happy endings didn't exist, not for her. Whatever had been building up, bottled up as best as the girl could muster, burst forth and her eyes changed. They narrowed, showing nothing but malice with every whip strike. A laugh escaped from her mouth before she spat the bitter taste of blood from her mouth. Then, the laughing grew louder shaking her shoulders. It seemed like the only reaction she could do.

If she were dead, Amber reasoned, then all of these problems would resolve. She couldn't kill anyone else. She couldn't kill me. I could... I could end this... but she wasn't like Kim, no matter how much her mind wasn't in the right place at the moment, no matter how reasonable the conclusion seemed, it was something she couldn't possibly bring herself to do. There was already blood on her hands, blood shed and brought out by others, never herself. She was going to keep it that way. "You'll pay for that," she finally whispered after her outburst of laughter ceased. Her tears were involuntary now, the body's natural reaction to pain, both physical and the anguish deep within her chest. As the next crack of the whip came down, no matter how much pain it may cause, she reached out a hand and grabbed hold of it, pulling as she did so. She was trying to pull Kim closer to her, since the aura trainer was gripping the other end. If it was successful, she also swung a fist toward the spot she pinpointed Kim to end up, an effective punch straight into the jaw if all went according to plan.

The Pack all glared down toward Growlithe, not seeming to notice the Pokemon's reluctance. He had injured their trainer, helped kill the other Pokemon, and now he was facing them. Ash was the first to raise a challenging snarl and take a threatening step toward him. Iris, on the other hand, watched Kim and Amber with a glint in her eye. She had come to the same conclusion that Amber had: the trainer had to be forced to quit through any means necessary, even if it meant death. She was a newly evolved Luxray, still not quite used to her larger form, but she was very capable of knowing her strengths had increased. She saw the pain deep into the Growlithe's eyes, the agony each of his actions were bringing him- and she knew it well. Unlike Amber, she had no quarrel with gouging her claws into the other girl's throat in order to make it all stop. They would clearly die if they didn't do anything and waited for the aura trainer to have her fun, it was time to take action.

Ash barked a harsh command toward the others, and they obeyed without question, knowing time was of the essence. Azure and Amethyst flanked the two baby Pokemon on both sides, crouching in fighting positions, both baring their teeth and preparing attacks if Growlithe decided to go for the weaker canines first, as the two hadn't yet learned how to fight. Carnation dashed toward Lavender who was now shaking on the floor with her wide eyes focused on the body of the Absol that had saved her. Her breath was shaky and she was in no condition to fight, so Carnation danced lightly on her feet beside the Espeon, ready to fight in her own chaotic way. The air around them grew slightly colder, showing that a Blizzard attack could arrive at any moment if an enemy got near.

Protect... the other human... Lavender managed to communicate to Carnation, albeit difficultly because the Skitty was not used to any sort of psychic communication. The Skitty then glanced from Lavender back to the psychic, and she moved her head under Lavender's stomach in order to position the Espeon so she was draped over her body, half dragging and half carrying the Pokemon toward the psychic. She would be enough of a guardian for the both of them.

While Ash sprung at Crimson with snapping jaws, ready to defend the Pack from any harm, Iris launched herself with a roar toward Kim. Her teeth crackling with the power of a Spark attack. This human wasn't ordinary, but she knew electricity proved the best option with her uncertainty. She was trying to clamp down on any flesh of Kim's she could get near and release every volt into the corrupt trainer. If she lived, fine. If she didn't, the world would be better off. A life for a life, after all, and a Pokemon's life was no less valuable than a person's.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 21, 2015 8:02 pm

Kim, who had simply continued to lash at Amber, was enraged by her sudden outburst of laughter. "What's so funny," she screamed angrily with rage, lashing the whip right in Amber's face before she found it had been grasped. As if surprised by Amber's counter-attack against her, she found herself pulled forward with a great amount of force, likely because of adrenaline to be cycled through Amber's bloodstream. It was no less a surprise when Kim felt the contact Amber's fist made with her jaw, knocking her down as the whip was released from her hand and wilted into non-existence. "Ach," she cried out, landing with quite a thud before she herself spat out a bit of blood. "You rat!"

The psychic, meanwhile, noticed Carnation as Lavender was pulled over to her on the other pokemon's back. She had shed a few tears, obviously, the woman rubbing her absol's neck even though she was long passed away. "We were close," she spoke to the two pokemon, her voice a bit hoarse. "You know... She saved my life when I was younger; that's how we met... Wasn't a perfect first meeting, but a nice one." She lowered her head such that her hair covered her eyes. She didn't say a word, even after Kim was lunged at and bitten again by Iris. "Get off of me you runt," Kim roared herself, feeling volts being ran through her as she grasped the pokemon's head tightly. "Burn," she cried out angrily, heating a bit of aura that manifested between her hand and the pokemon's face, Kim's palm over the pokemon's eye mostly.

Crimson, who was considering helping his 'trainer,' though not by his will, was also lunged at; he found himself tackled, luckily such that Ash's snapping managed to not really harm him. The pokemon's eyes, covered with fog, slowly began to be unclouded after he was tackled. The pokemon was truly playful on the inside, pawing lightly at Ash before his eyes then turned serious again and he roared, snapping back at him. It was obvious the one way to get him from whatever was controlling him was to sap Kim of her energy, or to kill her so her aura would leave the pokemon.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 21, 2015 8:30 pm

Amber couldn't react fast enough to the events that transpired, and she could only watch on with pained, wide eyes as the chain of events finally came full circle. Perhaps, if Kim had never decided to show up to confront Amber, if she had just went on with her life and moved on, things could have been different. But that wasn't what happened. Instead, as Kim's flaming hand seared against Iris's face, and the Luxray barely managed to force her eyelid closed before more serious damage to it could be caused, a snarl rumbled in her throat, both through anger and pain. Then, one lone bark echoed through the suddenly still and quiet air. He saw it too- that the simplest and safest solution was the girl's death, and even though it was a call Amber couldn't make, he too was an Alpha. Him command was clear, and Iris didn't need any other confirmation.

Through the burning heat, she used her body weight to throw her face and body away from Kim while snarling a hostile challenge. Though her fur was singed and her body ached, she threw herself at the girl, and this time aimed directly for the throat with teeth once again crackling with electricity. If her accuracy was correct, she would dig her jaws into the the girl until she fell limp and lifeless, it was the only option.

Ash was doing his best to hold off Crimson without harming him too much so. He remembered the sudden change in the Pokemon's eyes, the flicker of the life he had held a long time ago. The snapping jaws of the dog seared with every attack, but it wasn't anything the bigger wolf couldn't handle, and he continued to nip at the Growlithe's paws and side. Nothing that would cause much damage, only hold him. They were like small pinches, playing mostly on the defensive.

Carnation, now reaching the woman, heard her words, and frowned. It seemed like the only time in Amber and the Pack's company that the kitty Pokemon had ever dropped her smile. She lightly leaned Lavender against the woman's leg and jumped into her lap, placing one steady paw on her shoulder. She didn't know this woman, but she hated to see pain and suffering. A strange lullaby started to fill the air around them, the Skitty was singing. Though usually this move was used to cause foes to sleep, this song was different, it wouldn't have that effect. Instead, it was a haunting melody filled with loss and mourning, but also one of soothing, comfort, and remembrance of love. It sung of time that had pass and time that will pass, and that every wound would eventually close. It did all of this without a single human word, just one solitary tune filling the air. It was beautiful.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 22, 2015 12:05 am

Kim observed as the pokemon threw herself away from her, the trainer getting up conjuring another whip with her aura. Like everybody else, she was furious; she was tired of them interfering. "Come and get a piece of this," she snarled angrily, finding the pokemon lunged at her again. She wasn't going to go down without a fight, which was already obvious, and though she wouldn't be able to kill Amber, perhaps she could leave her team permanently scarred. She threw the whip aside, letting it dissipate as she held out her hand and made the aura she manifested heat up almost like it was boiling. "Be blind," she roared out as she felt the teeth in her neck, digging a couple of fingers towards the pokemon's eye with the boiling aura in tow. She began to lose breath pretty quickly, hopefully leaving the pokemon she had stricken's eye permanently damaged with loss of sight as her hand lowered, body paling from her untimely demise.

Crimson, meanwhile, started, if not already, and kept struggling against Ash while his 'trainer' was still alive. Upon seeing her tackled, the pokemon roared out, but as Kim's life began drawing to a close, his struggling began to cease. As she died, he was freed, the fog in his eyes slowly dissipating leaving them grey in color, all exempt a small flicker of energy there. Given he had used most of his energy, not of his own will, but of Kim's, Crimson stayed on his back, rolling to his side with his paws sprawled out, his teeth still stained with the psychic and absol's blood.

The psychic, meanwhile, watched as Carnation crawled into her lap. The woman wasn't quite sure what she was trying to do, but after beginning to listen to the pokemon's melody, she let a light smile begin to show on her face. "I wish melodies worked on everyone," she told the pokemon kindly, shedding a few more tears as she looked down again. "But they don't... Not everyone. But thank you for trying." She gave the pokemon a light hug before setting her down beside Lavender again, the psychic shifting her view to her deceased, and rather frail-looking, pokemon.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 22, 2015 3:54 am

Amber didn't know what to feel... horror, relief? All she felt was the numbing shock as she saw the light fade from Kim's body. I... I never thought things would end like this. Deep down... she was still kind of my sister... but if not her, then me. She knew that for a fact, and it was a harsh reality she'd have to accept. If she hadn't been attacked, if she hadn't been confronted at all, Kim would still be alive and all would be a little more right in the world. Instead, the other girl's actions had consequences, and grave ones at that. The trainer knelt down at the girl's now limp and lifeless body, feeling the pit in her stomach grow deeper as she noticed that blood was still flowing from her torn throat. With shaking hands, she put her hand against Kim's face, and in a solitary moment, slid it against the girl's eyelids so that they shut. Oddly, the tears that she had been shedding from pain were absent now, she was not grieving... and yet she still felt something shift, some inner grieving for her own soul, perhaps. She had been the cause of someone to die. Someone that deserved what happened, but someone dead by her hands nonetheless. She couldn't just pit that it was all Iris's actions, she knew it as well as the Pack that death was the best option, and she did nothing to stop the Luxray from doing the job. Pulling her hand back, she balled it into a fist and stared toward the Pack with wide eyes. "Guys..." she said, finally feeling the weight. For once in her life, not knowing what to do, how to go on. Moisture finally built up in the corners of her eyes, "what do I do?" Her voice quivered with the weighty question.

Iris felt immense pain as the aura had struck her eye, but she didn't stop her attack until the girl had finally fallen and departed from her life. She backed away as Amber crouched beside the body, and the searing eye's sight fell into blackness. The usual golden glow of it was quickly turning a dull cyan as the world it took in faded into black, ceasing half of the Luxray's vision. Of course, right now that blackness and the stilling of the eye was obscured by the crimson of blood welting inside the damaged eye, which she shut tightly out of instinct. Still, it was a small price to pay for preventing any more casualties, she would accept it. There were greater problems than the loss of one eye, after all. She cautiously approached Amber, not looking at the body that was also nearby, and laid beside her Pack leader in a solemn visual after hearing her words. One after another, the rest of the Pack joined in, save for Carnation and Lavender that stayed by the mourning psychic's side. Even Ash turned from Crimson to join his Pack, it was more important.

Once crowded around Amber, each canine lifted their head into the air and accompanied the Skitty's haunting melody with the lonesome call of a howl. Ash was the first to do so, and he was quickly followed by Azure, Amethyst, and even Cinnamon and Cerulean. They couldn't offer much more of that to either Amber or the psychic. Nor could they answer their trainer's desperate question. Whatever did come next, however, they would get through it together. They always did.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 22, 2015 4:17 am

The psychic, whom was still grieving for her absol, eventually took the pokemon's pokeball from her pocket. She, after trying to recall the pokemon to it, dropped it to the ground, the ball opening before it broke into two pieces. The pokemon that had been living in it was gone, and it had thus become a fragile piece of broken equipment. Forced to face her reality for a second time, she picked up her pokemon, blood falling from the absol's neck, and took her over to Kim's corpse. She set her down beside her, the woman then moving over to Amber. She knelt down behind her, setting her head on the trainer's shoulder. "I knew... All along," she told her lightly. "I stopped you from going to the gym... But, but was it the right choice," she cried to Amber in question. It was evident the police were coming after sirens started flaring in the distance. "W, would it have made a difference? The future happens whether we like it or not..." When the sirens became louder, she put her hands on Amber's shoulder and arm (since her head is on one of them).

"Stay still... They'll ask questions... But for both of us, I'll... I'll explain..." She stood up slowly as the policemen got out of their vehicle, walking over to them as one withdrew a pad. After being questioned with various interrogative statements of varying degree, the psychic gave her testimony. She urged the two policemen to leave Amber and her pack alone, and given the severity of the situation and everyone's loss, they listened to her. "Well, ma'am... We're sorry to hear of your losses," the first spoke as another vehicle pulled up. "But, we have to mark the scene... Please, withdraw from the area if you would." The woman only nodded lightly before she walked over to Amber, setting her hands on the trainer's shoulders, a red tear falling from her face to the ground. "Amber... We need to move," she spoke hoarsely. "To a hotel... Or a center... Or somewhere..." All the while this went on, Crimson got up and noticed the depressing scene. He rushed over and put his head under Amber's, whining at her. His pokeball was in a small holster on Kim's waist, the only one present with a note there for Amber.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 22, 2015 5:12 am

Amber felt the weight of Crimson suddenly lean against her, and she eyed the Growlithe with a glazed expression, though her blank demeanor hid at least a small glint of curiosity mingled with hesitation. The Growlithe's muzzle was still stained with her and her ally's blood, and though she knew none of it was at the fault of the Pokemon, she still couldn't help but push some of the blame onto him because of her mind needing something to help cope. She didn't push the dog away, but didn't feel like it was time to embrace him just yet. They had been friends long ago, and the pit of her stomach deepened with the fact that she just couldn't bring herself to hug Crimson, to tell him that everything would be alright now. Because nothing was alright and she was broken inside.

His whine at least brought attention to his Pokeball, and before she got to her feet, she stealthily unclasped Crimson's Pokeball from Kim's holster and put it on an empty slot on her own second belt. She felt the crinkle of paper against her fingers as she did so, and she pocketed the note that seemed to have been placed in the same spot as the ball. Now getting up, she gave the authorities one final, pained wave. "Let's go to a hospital and get patched up," she said, only then noticing the lightness in her head from loss of blood from her bitten arm, and she doubt the psychic fared any better. "We'll come back once we've been treated, do you think you can manage that?"
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 22, 2015 5:31 am

Crimson, despite being a bit energetic and playful, knew, at the moment that Amber withdrew his pokeball, that it wasn't quite right the time for him to try to say or do anything to aid or sway her. He returned to his pokeball after it was pocketed alongside the note, deciding to withdraw himself later. The psychic, meanwhile, heard Amber's suggestion, and simply agreed with few words. "It's this way," she told the trainer with her hoarse voice, staggering with her injured leg as she gently pushed Amber along towards the medical facility. Upon arrival, it was clear to the staff what exactly was wrong, a separate duo sent for each of them. "Don't worry," the front desk woman spoke to the two. "We'll get you patched up soon." She observed as one duo carried Amber away on a bed with her pack following, the psychic scooped away in a wheelchair.

It didn't take the medical professionals long to patch the two up, each duo asking them separate questions about things that would make them seemingly happier than they already were. While Amber's arm was cleaned, stitched, and then wrapped solely, the psychic was given crutches. "Are you ready to head back to the front," one of the two attending Amber asked the trainer, staring around at her pokemon before just to her, the other writing something down on a clipboard before he knelt to Amber's injured pokemon. A couple of clicks could be heard in the hall, the psychic showing up in the cracked door with her new set of crutches in tow. The second medical professional holstered up Iris onto a separate table. "Hold still now," he spoke kindly. "We have to fix up that eye of yours." He got hte pokemon to relax with an injection of sedative, the stranger cleaning off the blood on her face and eye before setting a patch over it, rubbing the luxray's back before staring over to Amber. "Before you go on much farther, you must know your pokemon is now legally half-blind," he told her. "Her eye will mend, but there will still be a scar, and she'll not see from it again unless a miracle persists." It was horrifying news, but at least the pokemon could likely see from her secondary eye.

"Also, your treatment is free of charge. The hospital has been sponsoring a few treatments for those who show up, and you all definitely deserve it..." He walked out of the room with his partner, the psychic lugging herself in to lean against a wall. "Are... Are you mad at me," she asked lightly, her voice a bit more normal given they were both likely dosed up from medicine taken with water. She closed the door to the room gently with one arm before returning it to her crutch. "I should've told you," she told Amber. "Could've, should've warned you before it." She lifted her head, tears welling up as she closed her eyes and then lowered her head again. "Some psychic I am; couldn't protect a friend, or even the one that was my family!"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 22, 2015 5:58 am

"I'm not mad," Amber replied, trying to calm the psychic. While she had felt strong emotional turmoil, whatever sort of painkiller the doctors had given her put her in some sort of emotional high at the moment, and she felt floaty and light, as if nothing could cause her pain. Her arm already felt better, and when she got the news of Iris's condition, there wasn't much she could do about it but fret, checking every inch of the Luxray just to be sure she was truly fine other than the eye. Iris herself seemed content with being scrutinized, and was also more calm now that her eye had been treated. Lavender, too, seemed alright now and stood beside her Luxray companion with a mingled look of sadness and guilt whenever she glanced up toward the psychic. The rest of the Pack, though it was quite uncommon, were resting in their own Pokeballs so they wouldn't get in the way at the hospital and wouldn't be separated from Amber. "What's done is done," Amber said, "I'm sorry I didn't believe you sooner, I think if you did tell me, I'd just have called you insane and thought you were trying to scare me into believing you. Then I might have done something even more stupid."

Placing a hand on the psychic's shoulder, Amber didn't know what else to do to offer her comfort. "I'm sorry for getting you caught up in all of this," she finally decided to say, "you didn't need to get involved, but things could have been a lot worse if you hadn't. I- I can't bring your Absol back even though I desperately wish I could, and I wish things didn't turn out so terrible. I'm so sorry it's my fault that he died..." Then, as she spoke, an idea came to her mind. "Say... it's not much to help you with your loss, but would you like to go to Lavender Town to say your last goodbyes and pay your respects? I'd like to, well," her gaze turned downcast for a moment, "I've lost a lot of people and Pokemon. I- I think it's time I payed them a little respect and stopped running from my feelings."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 22, 2015 7:51 pm

[So I actually broke her back from being broken? I had to break her to break the brokeness she already was? o3o]

The psychic felt Amber's hand on her shoulder as she listened to her speaking in attempt to relax her. "I chose to get caught up in it," she told her. "I just... I just didn't think that this sort of thing would happen, especially so soon and to who it happened." She looked up at the trainer. "Absol was the only family I had... Everybody else in my family has seemingly disowned me for what I am." She shook lightly with tensed shoulders. "And now she's gone... And what I saw, you'll leave too... A friend I just made, and you're going to leave too." She moved her arm in front of her eyes and continued to weep, leaning forward to set her head on Amber's shoulder before she let her arm fall back to her side to hang.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Apr 24, 2015 7:22 pm

"I..." Amber trailed off, not knowing what to say. She knew the psychic's words rang true, she wasn't one to stay in one place for long, nor did she have intentions to stay with this woman forever... but, that didn't mean they'd never see each other again. "I can't promise I'll stay," she finally managed to say, trying to form the correct words for the thoughts that went through her mind, "but that doesn't mean we'll never meet again. I can be your, er, friend and that doesn't change when I do leave, we'll always be friends. If you ever need me," she fumbled into her bag and took out a piece of paper and a pen, "I can even take your video chat number and call you from a Pokemon Center whenever you need me. I don't have a number myself, but I bet you'll be able to tell when I'm at a Center anyway, and you can ring that building with the general number if need be," she didn't want to deny that they'd eventually be separated, she knew it'd be true and the psychic hadn't seen wrong yet.

The trainer also pat the psychic gently on the back, trying to help empathize and calm her down. She could definitely relate to losing others in her life, but she still felt detached, as if she couldn't comprehend the same sorrow that the psychic felt, just the dark pit in her stomach from what had went on earlier in the day. Perhaps she was still in shock, but she couldn't offer up much in comfort besides the back patting. However, the paper she had taken from her bag reminded her of the note that still rested in her pocket. With the same hand that held the pen and blank paper, since the other was patting the woman's back in an attempt at comfort, she reached into her pocket and grabbed the note with the tips of her fingers and unfolding it, glancing toward whatever it had to say...
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Apr 25, 2015 6:03 am

The psychic listened to Amber's words, the woman beginning to shake her head lightly before lifting it from Amber's shoulders. She had told her that she'd be her friend... That she could call her when she needed her (after saying she has no phone? o-o)... The woman stepped back, ending up leaning against the wall. "I can't..." She seemed to shrink towards the corner. "I can't take it if you leave... I can't! I won't have anyone... Nobody will care if I'm even alive if you're gone!" It was simply a fact; even Amber would become distracted enough to not acknowledge if the psychic was even alive if she were to leave towards another town or event to transpire; the psychic acknowledged it, and given the current day's events, who knew what it would do? "Stay... Or go," a voice spoke to Amber in her mind. "To stay... Or to go... To let live, or to let die..." The psychic covered her eyes again, her body trembling with emotion; it seemed almost as though she were nearly about to snap like Amber had after so much death. "To create peace... or to create chaos," the voice questioned Amber.

[Am I doing a good job being mysterious with the in-head voices? o3o]
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Apr 26, 2015 12:04 am

Amber was straining for what to say after the psychic's outburst, the note she had decided to read temporarily forgotten and still clutched in one hand, when a voice suddenly echoed in her head. What in Arceus's name? she thought. At first, it sounded as if someone had whispered the words in her ear, and yet when she turned her head to check for its source lest it be another antagonist laying in wait right behind her, there was nothing to meet her gaze. Nothing that was even close enough to have been the source of the voice. Just an empty hallway. She glanced toward Iris, who hadn't so much at flinched when the words were echoing through the air, and she could only assume that the Luxray hadn't heard what was spoken despite being only inches away from her trainer. Nobody but her had. Maybe her mental state had finally reached its brink.

Realizing that she had to say something, Amber did what she did best and blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "I... I don't know what to say," she murmured, hesitant on how to continue, "it's getting to be too much to process. Everywhere I turn there's a new emotion: death, tragedy, and even sometimes a glimmer of happiness. I... I think that's what life really is, just temporary joy to distract from the pain that's going to come. Sometimes it gets better for people, sometimes it gets worse. You were very close to Absol, and I'm happy to call myself your friend, and I hope to everything that your life gets better, but it's not in my power to do that. I could lie and say everything's going to be alright, that life's not a pain in the butt, but I think at this point, those would just be candy-coated words that both of us want to hear and that neither of us should. We get up and we move on, but it's up to you to make the next move. Don't let your anguish win. Don't let Kim win, she wanted your suffering, so go out there and give her the finger make new friends and get yourself someone that can fill the void in your heart. I think we both know that someone isn't me, but I can sure help you look for them." She paused, allowing the psychic to digest her words.

I choose to follow my own path, she thought toward whatever had spoken, not sure if it could even comprehend the words in her mind, I'm not the one to decide whether doing so creates peace or chaos, suffering or happiness. That's out of my power, everything that seems to happen to me is. I want to seize control of my destiny, to make my own choices, and yet no matter what choice I make, something always happens to send it spiraling into despair. There's no winning for me, so why should I expect that doing anything will heed a different result until it happens? Don't tell me what path will lead where, that's for life to decide, not some ghostly hallucination or a voice in my head. The life that's following me sucks, but that doesn't mean I can't make another one happy again. If that brings peace or chaos, bring either of them on, I'll be ready!
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Apr 26, 2015 5:37 am

"Uh, you smug little girl," the voice in Amber's head echoed to her gently. "You think I am simply visible? How funny... I am not visible to you net, nor shall I be; I exist nowhere near your location pretty, but I've watched you a bit... I've seen the chaos you cause, the insanity you are slowly reaching. It's quite attractive..." The voice was obviously feminine, the voice showing great intellect as well as flattery. The psychic, meanwhile, listened to Amber's speech as it was given to her, the woman's red face showing distraught. While it was a bad reaction, it was one because Amber had spoken the truth; wasn't that the right path to take. "It takes... It takes courage to say the truth," she told the trainer, hiccuping as she wiped one of her eyes. "But still, I can't take it if you were to leave... Please, let me keep following you; even if we haven't moved far, so much has happened just in a few hours; my pokemon is gone, I'm not bound here by anything anymore, and I'm alone." Her voice was sincere, begging the trainer to continue travelling with her... Even though they hadn't really "travelled" anywhere.

The psychic then felt her head become a bit light, the woman taking Amber's hand trying to hold herself up. With a single blink her eyes seemingly became crystallized and a dark red color. If Amber were to look around, it would seem as though time itself had frozen, but it was simply whatever was possessing the psychic's off essence. "I see," it spoke through the psychic. "You're a bit demanding. Who is to say I am not fate itself, come to bite your rear for such hasty and snappy decisions?" The woman then laughed lightly. "Fret not, I cannot be fate, but I do take the fates of others." The woman seemingly pointed at the note. "What was the girl's name? Kim? What a sweet pet she was... Oh, the hilarity!" The woman laughed a second time, catching her mouth as she sighed and caught her breath before speaking again. "Where on encounter ends, another follows; is that a part of your philosophy? Where you will eventually end up, you'll be with her, and just like her! The fun it was to make her insane, to snap her with a simple desire!" Whatever it was in the psychic for now seemed like a nutcase.

"I apologize that you chose to try bringing peace, but I will bring chaos where you go... It is the only way to drive you insane dear! Eventually you will snap, and I will consume your soul! You will be little more than a puppet for my entertainment, much like the girl! Do you think somebody could truly be so cruel on their own?" She put a hand over her mouth and chuckled. "That note in your hand darling is from the girl. She wrote it thinking I knew not, but I did; it warns you to not break. It begs you! Such a shame she had to leave it to you..." Her last statement was sarcastic, the note open. It's words were... "Amber... Please, oh Arceus, let you be safe! Let you still be free by the time you meet me again... I'm sorry, so so sorry about the past... I was so young, so foolish! I was greedy and wanted my parents' attention that I didn't care about you or your pokemon, but after you ran away, I changed! It took a couple of years, but I tracked down the pokemon... I re-adopted him, and he understood... I was hoping to return him to you Amber... I'm so sorry I can't; I'm so sorry for what happens... Please, stay away from it; don't let it near you; please..."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 5:31 am

Amber's had shook as she gripped the note tighter, reading the note over one more time to be sure what she had read was true... something had taken Kim over, something had controlled the girl's actions, and because of her own prejudices and grudges, not for a second did she consider the possibility of the tamer, misguided anger toward Amber could have stopped at that, that her old adopted sister could have changed. She did, and Amber was the foolish one who didn't give it a second thought, who didn't do anything to try and understand the situation better. I always end up blaming myself, don't I? she mused, trying to think of anything but the revelation that Kim shouldn't have died, that the person she knew and spent time with was not the one that tortured and killed. The one they confronted outside Cerulean. What would I say to someone else in this situation... I'd say that it was still the right choice. Whoever she had become wasn't who she was then, but if she wasn't stopped, things would be a lot worse.... but why doesn't that make me feel any better? The thought seemed to make things click inside her head, and the trainer seemed to understand how the psychic felt, at least slightly more. Words can't fix everything.

"Y-You can come along," Amber said, reluctant. Whatever was speaking to her, whatever Kim had warned about seemed powerful enough to corrupt and completely change them. Maybe the aura power she had used to drain life wasn't even something Kim had before. A small shiver traveled down Amber's spine, and at this point, all she wanted to do was curl up in a corner, close her eyes, and forget about the world for a while. There wasn't any chance of doing that now, though. "I don't think it's a good idea, though. Being around me is dangerous, and I don't like dragging people into all of this chaos with me, it's something I should rather suffer alone. You deserve better, but I'm not going to stop you from making that choice. I... I just want you to be safe, and you'd be safer without me."

Lucky I have no desires to prey on, Amber spat in her mind, her thoughts tinged with a cruel malice she wasn't quite akin to, but she knew she hated whatever this being was. She hated what it had already caused, what it had done. When she lashed out before, she needed a target, and she just got a willing one to latch her malice, her frustrations and all of her emotions onto, and that in itself helped the feelings from being bottled up, helped keep her just a little saner, ironically so. Make my life a living hell, go ahead. I like the heat, and you'll be burning with me. I'm not some fragile toy, and you don't scare me. I want nothing more than to end you, to watch you bleed at my feet and watch my life get better because of it. Mark my words: if you keep this up, only one of us is coming out victorious, and I'll be fighting with all I've got until I'm dead, and I'm sure as hell not going to let you be the one to end things if it comes down to that. You won't even get that satisfaction.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 6:11 am

[I feel the necessity to say that the pokemon isn't actually using the psychic as a puppet or anything permanently; just given her distress, she had temporary control; also, should I add the note from Kim to the key items? xD]

The psychic, temporarily being controlled, finally seemed to be given back when Amber spoke to her about tagging along. The woman who had previously been crying so many tears seemed to brighten in expression a bit, the woman wiping her eyes before she hugged Amber despite having crutches. Amber had seemingly made a correct choice, and for it, the mood and room would look as though it had lifted to a more peaceful note entirely; also, everything would seemingly be moving forward again. "Thank you," the psychic cried lightly to the trainer. "I couldn't take being alone... I don't care for danger; I just need to be with a friend..."

"You're foolish to say you have none," the voice spoke to Amber in her mind. It lurked in the back of her mind, sending a chill towards her spine intentionally. "You desire my destruction... You desired to save those who died... I can feed on these things and drive you to the brink." The feminine voice sounded quite threatening, something pulling at Amber's sanity. "Why couldn't you save us," a familiar voice would ask, a then familiar bark arising. "Are you selfish to live? Picky and discriminative? Were you too good for us?" "No... I'm sure she just had other plans," another voice spoke, a hallucination of Amber's old companion in the corner of her eye with his robe and canines beside him. "She wanted us to die... She wanted us to burn! We will burn her with us!"

"Can't you feel your sanity slipping... Bit, by bit, by bit," the creature asked Amber. "Can you tell I'm slowly seeping into your nerves and mind as this goes on? You cannot win... I reign victorious no matter who I fight." Whatever the creature was slipped Amber a thorough hallucination, one of a building burning with a bleeding victim in her arms. The creature didn't seem to be breaking a sweat trying to prove her point as the hallucination flipped, making Amber seem like a child with her growlithe sitting in tears in front of her, Kim and her old foster parents there with angered expressions. It was like any negative scene would be brought back to fight Amber at that moment, each staying just a moment before the psychic spoke to Amber and the hallucinations would fade for her. "So... Where do we go now," she asked, releasing Amber prior to asking the question. "What... What exactly do we do?"

[Hope I'm crossing no rule boundaries; I mean, not controlling her or anything, just hallucinations, but does it break the rule in terms of her vision? D:]
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 27, 2015 11:22 pm

[Naw, yer fine. I completely understand for plot purposes, it's okay so long as you don't suddenly go "And then Amber stabbed herself and died!!111!!!!" or something similar, it's totally cool]

The voices were gripping at her... lashing out with every word, each one more stinging than the next. She knew it wasn't real, that the people within the visions weren't really there, didn't really think those things, but she couldn't help but feel the blame, the pressing guilt. She tried closing her eyes, but just couldn't. She took every agonizing word, every reminder of how much she'd already screwed up so far, and yet she thought things could be any different. Still, she clung to the notion that somehow things would get better. The taste of that thought was bittersweet now, even sour on her tongue. What could she hope to accomplish? Don't let it get to you! she mentally screamed while her physical hands shook and her eyes blinked the vision away and filled with moisture. You aren't going to let that thing win!

It was clear now, her suggestion before of where to go next. Now more than ever did she need to put things to rest, find some sort of closure for all those dead around her. The place to do that was Lavender town, and she forced a smile, blinked back the tears, and faced the psychic as if she wasn't falling apart on the inside. "We go to Lavender Town," she said in reply to the woman's question, "we both need to put the dead behind us and let ourselves find some sort of inner peace. I've heard that Lavender Town's the place to do that... and I think I really could use that. So, if you don't mind, we'll head to Lavender."

Although Amber was trying her best to hide it, Iris was accustom to her trainer by now, and knew something was wrong. She was quiet about it, though, and the Luxray couldn't pinpoint the source of her trainer's tension, only sense the waves of unease and even anger and agony that were radiating from the girl. The Luxray pressed hard against Amber's leg, giving her as much support as the Pokemon could, and a low rumble built in her throat, a reassuring noise, and something that she wasn't quite used to making. She felt her trainer's hand press down on the top of her mane and steady, and they locked eyes, the small, sad smile on the human's face was genuine this time, but her eyes were uneasy. It was clear that she wasn't going to let Iris on as to what was troubling her... now wasn't the time to press.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 28, 2015 12:37 am

The psychic listened to Amber's brief mention of Lavender Town and reaching inner peace by relief of the deceased on their shoulders. "It's, I suppose, as good a place as any other," she told her. She looked towards the door as a doctor walked in, escorting the group out of the hospital and to the outside. "Here you are... Now remember, please be careful; I wouldn't want to see you guys in here..."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 28, 2015 1:02 am

Amber waved hastily to the nurses, and felt a wave of much needed relief as she exited the hospital, feeling the cool breeze and the space of the outside world. She hadn't noticed, but the cramped hallways, sterile smells and sights, and even the blandness of the place were starting to get to her in her distressed state, and she was really glad to be outside. The air was fresh and welcoming, and it smelled of grass and freedom, something the girl couldn't help but welcome. She took the time to allow all of her Pack members out of their Pokeballs since they was now ample room to do so, and each seemed glad to be out in the world as well. While Iris stuck close to her trainer, Ash joined her, and the two exchanged a look of concern and stood at each of her sides closer than usual and almost pressing up against her legs.

Carnation wasted no time in bounding in circles, chasing her tail, an activity that the two baby Pokemon quickly joined in and the fire types ran in circles after the cat Pokemon yipping excitedly. Lavender's gaze followed them for a moment before she next to Iris, guiltily taking in the sight of the patched eye before forcing her gaze away. She still felt some blame for what had transpired, and her usual cold intellect wasn't on game today, almost as if she were in autopilot. Azure knelt down and gave her a gentle nudge and a half smile, his tongue lolling out as it always did as he tried to cheer her up in his own way. Amethyst jumped up into Amber's arms and rested there, glancing at the others with a concerned expression. She was warm, and felt good in her trainer's arms, it was something that helped calm them both.

It seemed the odd one out was Crimson. The Pack showed no hostility toward the Growlithe, but the Pack's structure hadn't accepted the Pokemon as of yet, he hasn't established a role for himself and what had transpired, despite that all involved now knew he wasn't at fault, still made things slightly uneasy. They weren't as outwardly enthusiastic to welcome a new addition as they usually were, but they would still come to eventually if the Growlithe was persistent. Iris, too, had been isolated for a while, but that was her own doing and she had now come out of her shell, mostly. The odd girl and her trailing Pack of companions stepped out of the boundaries of Cerulean, toward the world beyond... off to find some much needed closure.

[Topic Exit]
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water   If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

If There's Bark, Then There's Bite: A Stray in the City of Water
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2