HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shinji "The Joker" ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
The Rogue

Shinji  "The Joker" ??? Empty
PostSubject: Shinji "The Joker" ???   Shinji  "The Joker" ??? H6Q0F8zTue Dec 09, 2014 8:58 pm

|~ Gen. Information ~|
Aliases / Names: Shinji "The Joker" ???

Age | Birthplace | Gender:
Hoenn, to the south/east of Mauvile.

Trainer Rank:Regular: Trainer Insane: Aura trainer

|~ Characterization ~|
Appearance:
Regular:
Spoiler:
Insane:
Spoiler:
Personality:
Regular:
Shinji is friendly, but very shy. He is also very smart, to the point he has been asked by random people to help them with puzzles and take part in game shows, even though he followed no high class education due to his genes. Shinji 's memories of what happens when his alter ego takes over are vague, which easily lets him lie about it. Shinji suffers from authisme when in regular form, but not the multitude of insanity problems that he has when he gets mad. When he "Transforms", it can last for days.

Insane: Shinji is cruel and demonic. Shinji cannot think clearly while in this form, furthering the effects of him being a Psychopath and Schitzofrenik he is also higly paranoid. He also loses his Autisme and he often goes around destroying things due to his mental problems. What happens when you get the soul of a beast with the mind of a insane person and the brains of a genius? Shinji  .

Battle Style:
Regular: Shinji doesnt often battle, but when he has he just uses the most logic moves, not often using non offensive moves.

Insane: Shinji  is severly ruthless. He attacks with powerfull moves, but toys with his oponents by using weak moves over and over again before finishing them off. He does not accept an oponnent to surrender
Past Experience / History:
Shinji was born to the south east of mauville; He was raised in a small village, just 9 Houses. At a young age he showed a lot of potential to be a aura trainer, but was also shown to have Autism. The mental problem ruined a large part of his childhood, as he was being bullied for it. They brought him to a old lady that lived at the end of the village, who was a old aura trainer. she trained him in his aura powers and against being bullied. She taught him to defend himself using old self defense arts. from then on his childhood was happier untill one day it went wrong. He was only half way through his training when one day at home the other kids barged in and overpowered him. As they beat him up he knocked some wood out of the fireplace. The rug cought fire, then the walls and roof. Soon, all the village was on fire! He saw his parents, sister and all other family and loved ones burn up because of him. The experience was so traumatic it turned him insane and cause him to turn to a psycopath(His autisme and recent pain of being beat up didnt help for that matter). He started to enjoy the experience of seeing people burn die and wither in front of him. His brain was under so much pressure, it shut that part of him of, but that part grew, developing, feeding on the darkside that was in Gaara like in every human being. Soon, instead of being a traumatic experience shut off, it was a personality, an incarnation of all that is bad in a person put together in a alter ego that split his brain into two, one of witch hads the Autisme, the other having other mental diseases. It could which could take over when Shinji was provoked, or at the sight of fire or pain. Shinji's alter ego also had his Aura powers, which got corrupted while shut off. Shinji ran from the burnt village, his other side locked of for years feeding of the darkness within him. While Shinji travelled, he eventually encountered a random Squirtle. He managed to catch it with a pokeball he had found in the mountains. He trained and raised the Squirtle he decided to call Hydro. At his 15th, he walked into a rather small village. He there saw some kids playing with fire. That awakend his alter ego. It instantly took over, for the first time showing its face. He beat up the kids, then took the fire, and lit fire to the village. A rather evil honedge was in the region, and when he sensed the destruction inside Shinji, he joined him in his adventures. They stole a pokeball for the Honedge he decided to call Backbiter. When Honedge entered the pokeball, Shinji ´s regular form took over, and because they where now far from the village, he supposed he imagine dthe village, as Shinji ´s evil personality managed to keep the memories of Honedge for him, and actually making him believe the Pokeball was a necklace charm. From there on, Shinji traveled on, with a terrible secret. The end. (Or was it? Did Shinji hide some secret kept from both his personalities?)
|~ Inventory ~|
Badges:
~Kanto~
~Hoenn~
~Johto~
~Sinnoh~
~Unova~
~Kalos~
~Other~

Money: $6,200 *Do NOT change
Items:
05x Pokeballs

|~ Pokemon ~|
Species: Squirtle
Nickname: Hydro
Level: 10
Experience: 0
Ability: Torrent
Personality:Shy but Brave

Moves:
Tail whipe
Water Gun
Withdraw
Tackle

Species: Honedge
Nickname: Backbiter
Level: 15
Experience: 0
Ability: No Guard
Personality: Evil and destructive

Moves:
Tackle
Swords Dance
Fury Cutter
Metal sound
Pursuit
Tutoring:Iron Head I dint use tm or hm or egg moves so please allow it

Last edited by The Rogue on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:40 pm; edited 6 times in total
The Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Shinji "The Joker" ???   Shinji  "The Joker" ??? H6Q0F8zTue Dec 09, 2014 9:50 pm

No longer wip
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Shinji "The Joker" ???   Shinji  "The Joker" ??? H6Q0F8zTue Dec 09, 2014 9:57 pm

Rejected. This blatantly rips off Naruto, so you can change all of that for a start. I doubt a small child would accidentally be able to burn up a whole village that easily, anyway. Secondly, do you know anything about autism? How does it effect him? And how would it mysteriously disappear with an alter ego? How is he so super intelligent without a formal education? You can't be sociopathic and psychopathic at the same time. Again, do research. How have the police not caught him? What's this secret he's hiding? How did he survive on his own for years? How did that affect him? Also, do some research on schizophrenia, because I severely doubt you understand how that works, either.
The Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Shinji "The Joker" ???   Shinji  "The Joker" ??? H6Q0F8zTue Dec 09, 2014 10:10 pm

I can change the name and images, I just had no inspiration. Secondly, somepeople burned up a whole forest with nothing but a sigarett. When it comes authisme, that is going to affect him through the story. A alter ego is a different personality, Authisme may affect the brain and not the personality, but this guy is more severe then a simple alter ego, as his mind basicly split in two. Theres no reason you cand have 2 mental disorders at the same time. The police havent caught him because the first village he burned he fled from emmediatly, so the police just assumed he was dead. The secret he is hiding is something i might do very late in his adventure, but i havent planned it out yet. Il edit his history to explain how he survived alone as a child. I do know how schizophrenia works even though i completly misspelled it
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Shinji "The Joker" ???   Shinji  "The Joker" ??? H6Q0F8zTue Dec 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Autism. The fact you can't even spell it correctly does not inspire confidence. I know that someone can have two illnesses at the same time, but given how psychopathy and sociopathy work, that's not really a combination that meshes. And yes, it does affect personality, because of what autism ACTUALLY IS. The brain does not split in two when it comes to schizophrenia or MPD, although I think I know what you're trying to get at. And those people who burned up whole forests with just a cigarette either should not have been approved, were more persuasive in their writing or obviously exist in our world where there aren't Pokemon to contain that.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Shinji "The Joker" ???   Shinji  "The Joker" ??? H6Q0F8zThu Dec 11, 2014 11:22 pm

For the record:

Aliases/Nicknames are entirely different from the actually Character name. Regardless of any situation, you are required to provide the full name, though are under no obligation in the history to have your character actually know that part of their name.

Elaborate this Insane Aura Trainer. There's no reason under the current ruling why this would be here or even mentioned.

If you're character is going to suffer from a mental condition, (I do not know the proper terminology here so, if anyone is offended here, feel free to CORRECT me on terminology), do you're research on the subject and provide as much detail as possible. Because if someone who is affected by what you're portraying, and they ask us to do something about it we will have to act on that. Because there are resources you can use to write a decent character and provide good representation of a real-life condition. In addition, you have two different personalities to work with. There should be a massive amount of potential to write a very fleshed out character.

I have nothing to say in regards to the history, I believe Nish has covered that.

If you do not wish to comply to our requests, you are not required to. However, I will fight terrible representation of real-life conditions that affect people's lives, or other social issues presented slide under the rug to be addressed when someone might take offence to it. We are also capable of working with you to make sure this character gets approved. I understand that sometimes staff members may come off as demanding and controlling when it comes to something like this, but we are only doing that because if you don't personally push and strive for designing a better character, or stronger posts during topics your improvement curve as a role-play doesn't truly grow.

For example: I believe a lot of issues with the history stem from: A) A lack of clarity coming from the character's mental condition, ie. the dual-personalities, the stark contrast between them, and their bare minimum description, and B) A lack of clarity with the character's own origins and back-story.

However, we are completely fair in being cautious over this character and your portrayal of his Autism. Mental conditions are often stigmatized, with little understanding on the part of people who come into contact with the affected person(s). I cannot, and I believe Nish feels the same way, feel comfortable about this character in its current portrayal.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Shinji "The Joker" ???   Shinji  "The Joker" ??? H6Q0F8zFri Feb 06, 2015 11:47 am

Tbh, I don't really like the idea of mental illnesses being used.
I'm going to move this, since others feel the same way.
If you feel strongly about using this character, you should speak with the administrators.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shinji "The Joker" ???   Shinji  "The Joker" ??? H6Q0F8z

Shinji "The Joker" ???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1