HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So it Begins!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Ai
Ai

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zFri Sep 19, 2014 5:27 pm

After a walk from Lumiose City Luna and Mawile (although she was carried part of the way) arrived in Santalune City, home of Viola, a gym leader who specializes in Bug type Pokemon. Luna had decided that she would challenge the gym, however her sister told her that Viola was tough and she would need more than Mawile to defeat her. She looked down at Mawile and smiled. She hadn't ever had a Pokemon before and was really enjoying the feeling, and now she was hopefully going to capture another one! She loved most Pokemon but had to admit she could be a little picky.

She and Mawile walked just beyond Santalune City in a forested area. They walked around searching for any sign of a wild Pokemon.

Last edited by Kitty on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zFri Sep 19, 2014 8:51 pm

It wasn't long after the pair left Santalune City together that they found themselves upon the long route leading towards Santalune Forest. There were trainers and casual travelers here and there, most wearing a jacket as the temperature was cool and threatening to go warmer or crisper. It wasn't particularly sunny, fluffy clouds from white to grey looming overhead.

Most Pokemon seemed to be out of the way, but one was hiding in plain sight: a plant cloak Burmy blending into the tree that it hung from, the level thirteen female's yellow-orange eyes the only giveaway to its presence. The full leaves of her plant cloak seemed to shine healthily with a defensive overcoat, and Burmy seemed perfectly at peace. She was silently and pleasantly enjoying the nice day, undisturbed in her natural habitat.
Ai
Ai

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zSat Sep 20, 2014 12:28 am

Luna takes the Pokedex that her sister gave her from out of her bag and flips it out.

"Burmy, the Bagworm Pokemon. To shelter itself from cold, wintry winds, it covers itself with a cloak made of twigs and leaves."

"Hmm... I don't know. I feel like I need something more tough if I want to defeat the gym leader. Sorry Burmy..."

Luna continues on through the forest, but tries to keep track of where she is. She keeps her eyes peeled for another Pokemon, and Mawile does the same. She has a picture in her head of what kind of Pokemon she needs to defeat the gym leader's Pokemon. She knew Mawile was pretty strong but again she reminds herself of her sister's words, and she knows that she needs to keep looking.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zSat Sep 20, 2014 1:09 am

Burmy really couldn't care less. She was obviously not a Pokemon going for a battle, although the insult wasn't very considerate of the human. It was, however, typical. Luna continued further into the forest, and out of nowhere, a blue and yellow blur suddenly rushed the dual-type. It was a level four Panpour, the young girl cheerily bounding around and nattering away to the fairy. Panpour was obviously playing nice!
Ai
Ai

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zSat Sep 20, 2014 10:57 am

Luna once again gets out her Pokedex to look at the Panpour.

"Panpour, the Spray Pokemon. The water stored inside the tuft on its head is full of nutrients. It waters plants with it using its tail."

Mawile smiled at Panpour and played with it while Luna thought about her options.

"Hm... I don't know... Again I don't know if it's the kind of Pokemon I'm looking for. I'm really sorry Panpour, I think I need to find a different Pokemon."

With that Luna continues on throughout the forest, hoping for something wielding a little more power. Mawile turned to follow her and in doing so almost smacked Panpour in the face with the enormous set of jaws on the back of her head. She had met some cute Pokemon but she knew that she needed something more powerful. She was hoping that maybe she would find something cute and powerful, like Mawile, a really cute Pokemon with an extremely powerful set of jaws hiding behind her head. She continued searching for Pokemon.

Last edited by Kitty on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Ai
Ai

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zThu Sep 25, 2014 10:55 am

((Bump))
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zSat Sep 27, 2014 4:51 am

The Panpour reeled back in surprise when Mawile almost hit it, but the Pokemon continued to pursue the fairy. It bounded along after the pair, bidding for the attention of trainer and supposed new friend. On the wander, Luna passed a Scatterbug and Caterpie at levels seven and five respectively, nibbling on the leaves of an oran berry bush and the food it bore. The male and female seemed otherwise occupied, but when the trio approached, they wearily shuffled for cover just in case of a threat.
Ai
Ai

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zSat Sep 27, 2014 1:00 pm

Luna got her Pokedex out on the two Pokemon, first the male level 7 Caterpie.

"Caterpie, the Worm Pokemon, For protection, it releases a horrible stench from the antennae on its head to drive away enemies."

She looked in depth and found that Caterpie evolves into a Pokemon called Butterfree.

"Butterfree, the Butterfly Pokemon, and the evolved form of Metapod. It loves the honey of flowers and can locate flower patches that have even tiny amounts of pollen."

The then hovered her Pokedex over the female Scatterbug level 7.

"Scatterbug, the Scatterdust Pokemon. When under attack from bird Pokémon, it spews a poisonous black powder that causes paralysis on contact."

She then scrolled down to its evolved form, which looked similar to Caterpie's evolved form.

"Vivillon, the Scale Pokemon, and the evolved form of Spewpa. Vivillon with many different patterns are found all over the world. These patterns are affected by the climate of their habitat."

"Hm, it's a tough decision but I think I'll go for the Scatterbug. Alright Mawile, you're up! Use Fairy Wind on Scatterbug!"

Mawile, who was again playing with the little Panpour, once again almost wacked him in the face with her powerful jaws as she turned to face Scatterbug. She gracefully pranced over to the little bug at quite a speed. As she got closer she slowed down and began gracefully spinning creating a whirlwind around her body attempting to catch Scatterbug in the wind.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zSat Sep 27, 2014 9:29 pm

The Caterpie and Scatterbug both seemed alarmed, Panpour jumping back some distance to watch the battle which begun. Caterpie managed to dodge the fairy wind, but that didn't stop it trying to join in and help its friend, firing off a string shot to try and disarm the Mawile. Scatterbug took the attack indignantly, but once it recovered, it used poison powder, spraying the toxic shimmers in revenge!
Ai
Ai

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zSun Sep 28, 2014 12:19 am

Mawile was binded by the gooey string and struggled with it, making her limbs difficult to move. A cloud of toxic spore whooshed at Mawile, but luckily, being a Steel type, she was unaffected.

"Now use Iron Head!"

Mawile became enveloped in a white light and she attempted to slam into the little Scatterbug using her head.

Luna was startled, only just realizing that the Panpour had been following her. She still wasn't sure about capturing it but she had grown fond of it. She smiled at Panpour and waved, thrilled to see that it was enjoying watching her battle.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zSun Sep 28, 2014 12:47 am

Panpour noticed the gesture Luna made towards it, and after an excitable imitation, assumed that was permission to join her and rushed over to scale the human like a climbing frame. Caught up in the string, Mawile was a bit slower, and Scatterbug managed to roll aside, choosing to assault the fairy with stun spore instead. Caterpie was still joining in, too, attempting a tackle attack. It probably didn't realise how tough a hide the Pokemon had-- and the fact that physical contact was more likely to knock itself stupid than make a dent in their enemy's health.
Ai
Ai

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zSun Sep 28, 2014 1:16 am

"Use Bite on Caterpie!"

Mawile turns around with her jaws facing Caterpie, attempting to capture him in her jaws. She would then clench down, biting him, and then twirl, thrusting Caterpie out of her jaws. In the midst of this she was hit head on by Stun Spore. She struggles to move with a combination of String Shot and paralysis, however Luna calls out for her to use Play Rough and she tries her hardest. She advances towards Scatterbug and her small hands glow pink. She then attempts to slam Scatterbug with her hands.

Luna giggles as Panpour runs up her hand and allows him to perch himself on her shoulder. She gently pets him on his head for a few seconds.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zSun Sep 28, 2014 1:23 am

It was impossible for Caterpie to avoid that vicious attack, the creature crying out as he flew through the air, hitting a nearby tree in a daze. Scatterbug was furious with the sight of a fallen friend, enduring the beating but dodging the slam with a bounce, coming down to try and tackle Mawile hard.
Ai
Ai

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zSun Sep 28, 2014 11:34 am

"Now Mawile use Iron Head!"

As Scatterbug closes in from above Mawile glows white as before and attemps to slam her head into Scatterbug who was descending towards her, almost a perfect target. Luna thought that by getting rid of Caterpie it would make the battle easier, but it only made Scatterbug angry, making it harder!
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zMon Sep 29, 2014 4:54 am

The Scatterbug landed, but more damage was done to it than to Mawile. Enough to knock it out and earn the dual-type seven experience points, in fact! Worriedly shaking off its dizziness, Caterpie launched another string shot, making a last ditch effort to save its team mate. Somehow, though, the upset little bug knew this wasn't going to be enough.
Ai
Ai

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zMon Sep 29, 2014 4:51 pm

"Go Pokeball!"

Luna tossed a Pokeball, aiming for the knocked out Level 7 Female Scatterbug. Straight away however she realized that Caterpie had got up and was still fighting.

"Mawile, look out!"

Mawile jumped and dodged the sticky string.

"Now use Fairy Wind!"

Mawile advanced on Caterpie and began spinning, generating a whirlwind around her body, which would not only damage Caterpie if it hit but it also let Mawile break free from the previous String Shot.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zTue Sep 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Luna hadn't really thought her order of actions through there. Tearing effortlessly through the strings that bound her, Mawile's fairy wind also took down the Caterpie, earning her five experience points! However, the poke ball thrown missed, because the fairy wind blew it off course! Both Pokemon were down now, thankfully, but still... Well, all newbies make mistakes.
Ai
Ai

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zTue Sep 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Luna ran over and picked up the Pokeball, feeling stupid. Mawile giggled slightly at her foolishness, and ran over to play with the little Panpour. Luna reached the Pokeball and picked it up, glad that no one was around to see her mistake.

"Go Pokeball!.. Again."

Luna tossed the Pokeball at Scatterbug, hoping that she could catch it and evolve it into a powerful Vivillon to defeat Viola, the gym leader of Santalune City, hopefully earning her her first Gym Badge.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zSat Oct 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Despite the initial mistake, the Scatterbug was effortlessly snagged up in the Poke Ball, ready for Luna to nickname and train if she so wished. Panpour continued to scamper about Mawile, using its speed to gain the advantage in their folly, but periodically stopped to chant at the human and clap paws together in a show of support.
Ai
Ai

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8zSat Oct 18, 2014 6:04 pm

"Aw, thanks Panpour!"

Luna looks at the Pokeball containing Scatterbug, not wishing to give her a nickname. She decides that she will begin training it soon. She looks at Scatterbug's Pokeball and decides to head back to the Pokemon Center to heal her new little Bug Pokemon. She is about to take her Pokemon to the Pokemon Center when she hears a noise in the grass. It sounds like a Pokemon, and is sounds distressed.

(When I adopted Sewaddle I asked for it to be an encounter of an abandoned Sewaddle so that's what this is meant to be.)
Sponsored content

So it Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it Begins!   So it Begins! H6Q0F8z

So it Begins!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1