HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

48-96 hour rule

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

48-96  hour rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48-96 hour rule   48-96  hour rule H6Q0F8zMon Jun 30, 2014 8:49 pm

We have a 48 hour rule for asking for new mods already. If your mod hasn't posted in that time you can request a new one. However, auto hitting because someone goes inactive for a couple days doesn't really make sense. Post the topic in the mod me forum, and ask mods to pick it up. If you don't want a new mod then you'd have to wait, that's all there really is for that.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

48-96  hour rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48-96 hour rule   48-96  hour rule H6Q0F8zMon Jun 30, 2014 10:06 pm

The auto hit still doesn't necessarily make sense. If anything it makes more sense to ask a moderator to temporarily act our the character for the remainder of the battle, then leave the other character behind after the battle. The way you have it written reminds me more of say if you're playing an MMO and someone goes AFK. So their character just stands there and gets beat up without fighting back. This is supposed to be as if your characters were real people so some sort of reaction should be had.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

48-96  hour rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48-96 hour rule   48-96  hour rule H6Q0F8zMon Jun 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Not in the world of forum RP. Time is a bit more stagnant, and only moves as the topic itself progresses. By assuming the character did not move it is instead you, the member, who are thereby "controlling" the character. Aside from the potential of having a staff member act them out if only for the battle, I don't see a genuinely fair way to do this. Aside from doing what you have been doing, and merely leaving the topic albeit unfinished.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

48-96  hour rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48-96 hour rule   48-96  hour rule H6Q0F8zMon Jun 30, 2014 11:15 pm

This is not a site which requires you to battle other members, unlike said combat sites. We have topic mods for a reason here. Also, 48 hours to call an auto hit is quite unfair for some people. For example, just this last Christmas I lost power (and thusly internet) for an entire week. If I came back and had been simply auto-hit I would be mad beyond belief. My character should at least stand a fighting chance, and be given the opportunity to react be it by me or a mod.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

48-96  hour rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48-96 hour rule   48-96  hour rule H6Q0F8zTue Jul 01, 2014 3:51 pm

No, this site isn't soley based around battles or role playing with other members. For some, they prefer stories or plot, or just role playing with mods or whoever they wish to role play with. It also isn't fair to punish others for having a life. Learn some patience, Hana, this site does not just revolve around you and your desperate need to beat everyone else and take the easy road. We have perfectly fine rules in place. I also find it ironic that you're desperate to auto hit when you complain if others do the same, justified or not.

I'm locking the thread. This back and forth is pointless. If someone else wishes to unlock it themselves and step into the fire, go for it.
Dragon Kurai

48-96  hour rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48-96 hour rule   48-96  hour rule H6Q0F8zTue Jul 01, 2014 7:14 pm

This topic is unlocked... Let's try to work the ideas out together... This is what I'm getting from it:

Hana:
- Wants a rule
- 48 hours: leave topic
- 96 hours: leave topic OR control other character

Slowpoke:
- Agrees with wanting a rule
- Doesn't think members should control opposing party
- Thinks moderator should control opposing party (upon request)

I think there could be a rule that after 96 hours a moderator may be requested to temporarily control the opposing party. This continues the battle but avoids the rule of god-moderation being broken.
Ryuji~
Ryuji~

48-96  hour rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48-96 hour rule   48-96  hour rule H6Q0F8zTue Jul 01, 2014 8:41 pm

Hmm.. I feel inclined to agree with this compromise of Fenri. I agree with both parties here somewhat, but mostly Hana. This might be due to all the RP site's I've been on having this 48 hour rule, except this site of course. But I still see the logic in Politoad's proposal, yet Slowpoke has also tickled my interest with his counter arguments. But it is clear that Politoad's proposal won't be accepted *completely*, and a compromise has been suggested, so the best thing we can do is just accept it. Only change I see is that a mod takes over as the character to reply, the attacking member can still continue with his/her topic and the attacked member doesn't get auto hit. So it's a win win, don't you agree Politoad? Also, sorry again that I kept you waiting so long o3o You still luv me though, don't deny it
Sponsored content

48-96  hour rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48-96 hour rule   48-96  hour rule H6Q0F8z

48-96 hour rule
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1