HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forecast for Raine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
youarereta98
youarereta98

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zMon Jun 23, 2014 8:29 am

With nothing more than the idea of victory rampaging through her mind, Raine looked ahead with a shine of determination glittering in her eyes. Raine allowed her hand to slither its way down onto her hip, the feeling of her leather belt loosely hanging onto her hip had a nice feeling to it, convenient yet comfortable, while the Leather had a interesting rough sensation to it. She then changed the position of her hand onto the smooth gloss like feeling of one of her Poke balls. Wonderful She thought to herself sarcastically. Not only am I using Larvitars Poke ball as a good luck charm, but I'm actually getting worked up over something as simple as this. Raine began to walk towards the gym in front of her, each step causing the building to grow larger in larger, almost entirely taking up her vision. The rest of the city was gone, the tunnel vision of her first gym ruining her perception of her surroundings. It didnt take long for the confident girl to reach the door. Raine almost wanted to be intimidated by the building, the distant feeling of butterflies in her stomach was a foreign concept. She held up a sturdy hand, ready to rasp against the door, draw any attention in the gym onto their next challenger. With her palm towards her and fingers curled she readied her fist, but she decided against it. Tch, its just going to be me clipping the wings of a few weak birds, simple. Instead of knocking Raine lowered her hand down to the knob. With a fluid motion she threw open the passageway and took a step inside. Despite her prior brash nature of opening the door, what she was to do next eluded her. Raine peered into the vast openness of the gym. "Hello?" She called out into the room, her voice seemed small, yet she felt huge and ready to take on anything a gym leader could throw at her, especially a few pesky fowls

Last edited by youarereta98 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zMon Jun 23, 2014 9:44 pm

Raine was forced to traverse her way up through the tower. There were a few levels to it, the battlefield she was searching for being on the rooftop. It was a well known arena, large and open atop to allow Falkner full use of his Flying Pokémon. However, on other levels there were trainers waiting, ready to challenge Raine and prove to be a test of worth. Reaching the first floor, a young trainer stepped out.

He was young, probably between 8 and 10 years old dressed in scout-like garb. "Before you move up to the next floor, I'm here to test your worth. Fight me!" The boy quickly retrieved a ball from his belt. In one swift motion, the red and white orb was expanded and tossed into the field. Being inside, the birds would likely be a bit restricted, but they could still make good use of the rafters if given the chance.

The pokéball burst open, a bright red light forming the foe's choice. The bird stood nearly four foot tall, a brown avian with a vulture like neck. Is wings were broad and powerful, tips of its feathers a cream color with a long pointed beak. With a decorative red coxcomb atop its head, narrow eyes with beady pupils, and sharp talons the Pokémon was certain. It was a Fearow!

The proud bird was apparently male, and was around level 22. He spread his wings, screeching a caw out triumphantly. Cocky little bastards, the two were. Especially based on the smug expression of the boy. "Don't underestimate bird Pokémon!" He grinned, acting like a cocky mini-Falkner.
youarereta98
youarereta98

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zTue Jun 24, 2014 11:47 am

"How unpleasant." Raine stated, mostly to herself. "I was under the impression that coming to this gym would simply consist of me battling Falkner, I didnt think I would have to flatten a few bottom feeders as well." Her statement was backed by the frown on her face and disappointment in her eyes, her arm resting on her hip as her body stayed in a relaxed manner. Her cockiness in a competition to overcome the boys. "I'll start us off then." She proclaimed. Rained removed the hand from her hip and instead whipped it across her leather belt, one of the Pokeballs swiftly finding itself in her hand. With a click the button on the Pokeball had been pressed. Raine aimed the sphere towards the battlefield and in an instant the content of the ball was released. With a strike of wicked red lightning a Pokemon appeared. Small yet Sturdy Larvitar stood its ground, his arms crossed in defiance. "Lar!" The small Pokemon cried out, most likely imagining itself much more intimidating than he actually was. "Open up with a Rock Slide Larvitar. The quicker we get this over with the sooner we can face a real opponent." The Larvitar seemingly agreed with its trainers view. Without hesitation he picked up the largest rock he could find on the field and chucked it at the large bird Pokemon. With arms now crossed Raine looked on as the battle unfolded a smirk lighting her face.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zTue Jun 24, 2014 9:16 pm

"Hah, don't think it'll be so easy!" The boy replied, Raine's cocky statement burning a bit. "Your Pokémon might have type advantage, but he can't fly!" He shouted, once seeing Larvitar appear on the field. As if a true order had been given, Fearow took to the air with a hefty flap of his wings, narrowly dodging the boulder. It was by no means an overly graceful or refined move, but nevertheless it worked.

"Great, now use your Aerial Ace!" The boy commanded, smirking as though he had already won this battle. It was clear that Fearow was ultimately weaker than Larvitar, though. However, Aerial Ace was a move known for its impeccable accuracy. Aside from being underground during Dig or the like, it was quite literally impossible to dodge.

The massive bird cawed in response, white lines beginning to appear swirling around him. He circled above head, then suddenly made a head-long dive for Larvitar! His wings folded in, picking up speed as he became more aerodynamic and the white lines rushed about like a blur. Fearow used Aerial Ace!
youarereta98
youarereta98

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zThu Jun 26, 2014 9:01 am

Raine grimaced as the rock narrowly missed the Fearow. She looked up at the large, almost clumsy bird as it prepared for its Aerial Ace. Raine refrained from giving her Larvitar an order, the small Pokemon looking up at its trainer questioningly. Raine knew about Aerial Ace, much too fast for her Larvitar to even attempt to dodge. The girl watched in Distaste as the Large bird dove into the chest of Larvitar. While the beasts beak did bounce off of Larvitar's Rock hard body, it still caused the Pokemon to coil in pain. "Perfect." Raine stated to herself, looking on at the battle in glee. With a dramatic sweep she pointed a jagged finger at the Fearow. "Latch onto him while hes close!" She shouted the order out to her Larvitar, expectations running high for the Pokemon. The Small Rock Skin Pokemon took no time for hesitations, he immediately opened his mouth as wide as possible and aimed to chomp down on the Fearows leg with an Iron locked Jaw. Raine's hope was that Larvitar would be able to hold on long enough to tire out the Bird, his condensed weight being enough to keep the pesky bird Landlocked.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zThu Jun 26, 2014 9:23 pm

The enemy trainer flinched as Larvitar's jaws latched onto Fearow's mighty wing. The bird squawked, screeching in pain as it quickly took to the sky. Well, what sky there was in the enclosed arena, anyway. It flapped its wings hard, spinning and tumbling through the air.

"Try to shake it off!" The boy called out. Fearow flew, scraping his wing and thus Larvitar against anything he could. Raine hadn't counted on the fact that Fearow were well known for their flying abilities. In fact, they were known to fly for a day straight without ever needing to roost. The question was if the damage Larvitar was taking was worth continuing to latch on.

"Try Peck!" The order was given. The bird Pokémon, while flying occasionally turned its long crane like neck, jabbing its beak at the immobilized foe. Save for letting go, there was no way to dodge the attack!
youarereta98
youarereta98

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zTue Jul 01, 2014 10:09 am

Raine let out a sound of displeasure. She looked at the outcome of her decision with anger. Not only had she underestimated the strength of Fearow but she had also gotten her Larvitar harmed which directly hurts her chances against the gym leader. raine began to growl to herself as she tried to think of some way to fix her mistake. Raine's eyes began to shine as she raised a finger towards the flying rock that was her Pokemon. "Larvitar!" She blasted, trying to get the attention of the Pokemon. "Outrage!" she commanded as simplistically as possible. The Larvitar understood exactly what his trainer wanted. Already beaten up from prior harassment and multitude of pecks Larvitar threw caution to the wind. He chomped his teeth down as hard as he could and began to violently throw his body in any which way that it could bend. The condensed ball of rock may as well have been an Crocodile as it rigorously attempted to fling both the bird and itself into a death roll.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zWed Jul 09, 2014 11:19 pm

Fearow let out an ear-splitting screech as he felt Larvitar's teeth sink into his wing further. More so as Larvitar began to thrash about frantically, putting severe strain on the giant bird's wing. It caused the wing to fold under from the weight thrown about, causing the two to begin to spiral out of control. Down, down they tumbled in a nose-dive kamikaze for the floor.

Staring on in horror, the enemy trainer froze wide eyed. As the two crashed, dust rose into the air and the building trembled. He rose his arms to his face to protect it, lowering them and trembling as he looked on to the scene. The cloud began to settle, and he cried out.

"Fearow, no!" The boy was frantic, yet his knees locked and trembled unable to move. The giant bird was collapsed on the ground, Larvitar still tucked beneath his wing. Fearow had fainted, this battle was over! Though Larvitar had taken some damage, he seemed to emerge from the feathers, shrugging off the weight of the wing as he got back to his feet. He had gained 22 exp from the battle, not quite enough to level up.

Reluctantly, the boy pulled out Fearow's pokéball, returning him in a flash of light. "Fine. You won," he said, gritting his teeth. "But Falkner is still a long ways up, we'll see if you can even get to him!" He growled, reaching in his pocket for some cash. With an extra $800, Raine was sent on her way as the boy went off to heal his precious bird Pokémon.
youarereta98
youarereta98

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zFri Jul 11, 2014 9:55 am

Raine ignored the boys idle threats and turned towards her Larvitar. She shot the Pokemon a smile before flicking the Pokeball off of her belt once again. The ball began to soar upwards, stopped only by the halting force of Raine's hand snatching it out of the air. With a flash of Red the Larvitar disappeared from the battle ground as quickly as he had appeared. With a boosted pep added to each step Raine didn't hesitate to continue through the tower the challenges. Without another word she turned away from the trainer making her way towards the staircase. With a joyous hop, skip, and jump Raine found herself of the next level. She looked around the room once again. From what Raine could tell it was basically the same as the previous floor, as expected from such a bland looking tower. The girl shook her head in disappointment. She had been expecting a little bit more from a Gym. Raine didn't hesitate to see who her opponent was. She lazily unattached the a Pokeball from her belt, holding it out as if on display. With a click of the Pokeballs mechanism the contents were expelled in a laser like blast of red. Instead of the Living Rock, Larvitar that been released from the Pokeball last time, this one was different. Standing on the field with his white chest puffed out confidently stood an Orange dog like creature. The Pokemon looked around the battlefield with expecting eyes. If it wasn't for his adorable charm one might even think this Pokemon was supposed to be Halloween themed wit his fur changing from shades of Orange to Black. Raine's Growlithe let out a yawn before prancing over to his Trainer. With a small yip the Growlithe plopped himself onto the ground at Raine's feet. The Dog flipped onto his back, with an out held tongue the Pokemon began to squirm around on the floor like a worm. He stared up at his Trainer as if expecting something. With an upset look Raine crossed her arms and turned away from the Growlithe. "I refuse to pet your stomach." She declared. "But I might, if you do well in this battle." She bribed the Pokemon. the Growlithe let out yet another happy yip before jumping to his feet. He stood in a battle ready stance, looking out for however his opponent might be.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zSun Jul 13, 2014 1:11 am

The next level up was similar with certainty to the first. It wasn't uncommon for buildings, even gyms, to have most floors similar in structure and design. It was simply how architecture worked most places. Still, as Raine rose up the steps to the next floor, a young lass was there to greet her with a sneer. Probably about 13 years of age, she was still wearing a middle school uniform, a cute bow clipping her hair out of her face.

"So, you beat the first floor? Don't think that makes you special. Falkner is on the rooftop, and you have ti beat me to get to him!" She announced proudly. Retrieving one of her own capsules, she tossed it enthusiastically into the air. It popped open at its peak, releasing her Pokémon to the field in a beam of light. It was a Spearow! This one was apparently female, level 19.

The bird squawked fiercely, the bird species known for its temperament. The lass placed a hand on her hip as she shifted weight confidently. With a smirk, she replied, "You think your Growlithe can handle my birds? Think again! Spearow, go use Peck!"

As if a switch had been flicked, the bird shot into the air. It spiraled 'round once, before swooping down overhead of Growlithe. Each time she swooped, she attempted to peck the puppy aiming for its head! Spearow used Peck!
youarereta98
youarereta98

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zTue Jul 22, 2014 9:11 am

Taken by surprise Growlithe had no choice but to endure the force that the Spearow had unleashed upon it. While the peak on the head did hurt, it was nowhere near enough to bring him down. With the first attack out of the way, Growlithe had just enough time to gather his bearings and start dodging. The Orange themed dog began to sway side to side as the excruciatingly acute beak weaved by his head. Raine's Growlithe almost instantaneously fell into a nearly dangerous lull as he dodged the harsh fury of attacks. The only thing that stopped the Pokemon from falling into an overly calm rhythm of swaying was the harsh voice of his trainer shouting over the battle field.

"Growlithe!" Raine started, claiming the attention of her comrade. The girl paused for a moment, watching as the bird began to circle around for another dive bomb on her Growlithe. With thumb nail in mouth Raine waited anxiously for the Spearow to be deadlocked in its attack. "Growlithe, Wild Charge!" The dog braced his paws on the floor. With a solid shake of his body Growlithe's fur began to puff outwards, electricity visibly jumping off of the almost wool thick coat. With a burst from his powerful hind legs Growlithe leap forward. Aiming to make it a short battle the Pup dove directly at the incoming bird.

Raine grimaced as she watched her plan unfold. Not only would her Growlithe get hurt if this worked but she had to feel slightly bad for the dumb bird as well, that kind of static was nothing to joke about. The thought of getting closer to Faulkner erased any sings of indecision that Raine had previously had in her mind. "This will teach you to take me and my Pokemon lightly. Even a man like Faulkner will be forced to his knees from a force like me." The girl ran her hand back greedily, her hair flapping outwards as her hand combed through it.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zTue Jul 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Spearow dove for another peck, unsuspecting that the Growlithe would know an electric type attack! Even the gym trainer was caught off guard as she saw Growlithe's fur begin to crackle wildly. "No, Spearow, don't-" but it was too late. The two Pokémon connected, sending a jolt of electricity through Spearow as it was flung back.

Collapsing in a heap, Spearow twitched unconscious. "Tsk," the trainer hissed between her teeth, returning Spearow. Growlithe gained 19 experience points from the short lived battle. However, the girl seemed to have a second pokéball, and wouldn't be so easily caught this time!

"Go, Pidgey!" She called, sending the second orb to the field. It burst open to have the bird coo, flapping its wings as it took to the air. This one in particular seemed to be a male, around level 20. "Pidgey, use Sand Attack!" The girl called, not hesitating to begin. Pidgey immediately began flapping his wings hard, the gust of wind kicking up sand and dirt, sending it flying toward Growlithe!
youarereta98
youarereta98

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zWed Jul 23, 2014 12:18 pm

Growlithe rebounded off of Spearow like a basketball off of a backboard. The Pokemon stood from the ground near Raine with a hobble. The dog looked at his new opponent with a distasteful stare. A deep guttural growl showing just how he felt towards the newcomer. "Growlithe, nice work on that Spearow, but dont let your guard down yet!" Raine complemented. As if he was fresh from the Pokeball Growlithe jumped to a steady footing with a yip of enjoyment. The compliment from his owner had seemingly re-energized the Pokemon.

Even with his new found energy Growlithe stood no chance in dodging the torrent of sand headed his way. Raine waved a lazy hand in front of her face as she scattered the particles from around her. With tear filled eyes both Raine and her Growlithe looked on at the new competitor. "Growlithe, ignite this pesky fowl with a Flame Wheel!" The girl commanded her Pokemon. Growlithe executed the order with extreme adaptability. Not moments from the command being spoken the Growlithes found himself coated in a horrifying layer of flames. The dogs previously lush white fur was now orange as the sun. With vision obscured the Growlithe had no choice but to rush head long at the bird, a fuzzy outline the only thing that his accuracy had to depend on.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zThu Jul 24, 2014 12:53 am

Pidgey hadn't had enough time to move after his attack, allowing the Growlithe's Flamewheel to make contact! Though it was apparent the Pokemon's aim was now off, as it barely struck the bird, Pidgey faltered and hit the ground. He wiggled a bit, getting off his back and to his feet once more in preparation for his next command. He opened his wings, taking to the air again for better mobility.

"Pidgey, use quick attack!" The enemy trainer commanded. Though her Pokemon were obviously outmatched by sheer level, let alone skill, she wasn't giving up. It was almost admirable...almost. She stood, still looking confident as ever as she thrust her finger toward Growlithe as she gave the commands to her Pokemon, the bird cawing in response.

Flying around the arena, Pidgey tried to quickly gather the best vantage point. He quickly discerned that his best hope would be a side-long blow, circling around once more as he gained speed. Turning sharply, Pidgey folded in his wings and shot toward Growlithe in a blue. When close enough to the ground, his feet reached out, propelling him faster along toward the foe in attempt to strike him!
youarereta98
youarereta98

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zSun Jul 27, 2014 7:53 am

"Watch out Growlithe!" Raine attempted to warn the dog Pokemon of the impending danger, however it was of no use. Already with a limp Growlithe was in no condition to dodge the overwhelmingly quick attack. Half blind from the previous sand attack Raine's Growlithe couldn't even tell where the Pidgey was until the sharp pain struck into the side of gut. Raine let out a growl of displeasure as she watched her shambling Pokemon continue to fight. Even though the dog was more experienced even he couldn't go two battles in a row without slowing down. Growlithe fell to the opposite side from his impact, timbering onto the ground like a large tree.

Growlite came to a scampering stand, even his high hopes of later belly rubs not enough to continue hiding his injuries. With desperation in his Sandy eyes the dog began to look around ravenously, trying to relocate the small fuzzy image that was his opponent. Raine saw the dogs desperation. She knew that there was no way she could communicate well enough with her Pokemon to lead him towards his target, so she would have to take more drastic measures. "Flame burst, onto the ground!" She demanded. "Make sure that pesky bird has nowhere left to stand." She added with a confident chuckle. The Pokemon had no issue turning his head towards the earth and unleashing a torrent of infernal flames. With the flame burst exploding on impact with the ground the fires unraveled outwards, dancing around the Dog in a spiraling mass of heat.

Raine took a step back from the now blazing floor in front of her. With a hand in front of her face for protection Raine squinted down at her Pokemon. The injured Dog seemingly loving the intense heat that was now surrounding him. Almost as if he had completely forgotten the battle around him the Growlithe dropped where he was and began to role around in the flames.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8zTue Aug 19, 2014 1:10 am

As Growlithe reveled in the flames tickling his fur, Pidgey was not so happy. Unlike the puppy Pokémon's Flash Fire ability, Pidgey did not have an immunity to the flames that burst around the arena, lapping at his wings and singeing his feathers violently. The trainer even had to take a step back, raising her arms to deflect some of the heat that swirled in the room, making it almost unbearable as the flames ate away at the oxygen.

"Pidgey, gust and sand attack! We have to douse the flames!" She couldn't believe Raine was so reckless! She could set the entire building on fire and burn them up inside it, all for the sake of a badge?! She couldn't imaging being so stark-raving mad herself, and self preservation was quickly taking priority.

Though seriously injured now, Pidgey did his best. The air was growing thin and smoke filled as the lamented wooden boards at their feet began to catch fire. Pidgey beat his wings, trying to push the smoke through the windows and kick sand across the flames to tame them. The flames quickly settled as they were smothered, but the fact of the matter was Pidgey was in bad shape now.

"Tackle!" The trainer ordered, hoping he could hold out a bit longer. The bird had to land, finding it hard to keep flight now. Running on his talons across the planks, Pidgey aimed to tackle the opponent.
Sponsored content

Forecast for Raine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forecast for Raine   Forecast for Raine H6Q0F8z

Forecast for Raine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1