HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Darkrai
Darkrai

PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) Empty
PostSubject: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zSun Jun 01, 2014 9:32 pm

This thread will be updated with graphics soon.

I am planning to make a Pokemon game, a rom hack I guess, featuring solely characters from this rpg throughout its four year history. In this thread I'll hold something like an audition for the main and specific roles. Anyone who doesn't get chosen will still get to feature in the game. In fact anyone who wants to will get to feature in an acceptable role volunteered by them. Or they can just appear as random trainers. We'll be needing those too. Like a lot. So I may use trainers from the retired section for that too. Also the trainers will use 90% of their own original Pokemon perhaps with a little enhancement to the level and evolution if necessary.

For the game I'll be needing many approved trainer applications to fill the roles, but other than that the list consists of: a proper title for the game, spriter(s), mapper(s), some brainstorming plots, etc. I'll be needing anything and everything you guys can offer and suggest in this thread.

As for the roles, I just need three slots filled for now, male main character, female main and rival. Apply with your character link application for the roles and why you should get the role.

FIRST THINGS FIRST:
We need to decide on these things before we can progress, and until these are decided, nothing will be started.
1) The starters.
2) The region - Minoru
3) Elite 4 and Champion
4) Firered ROM hack or should we create from scratch? We will do it from scratch.
5) Are we ready?

PLANNED FEATURES:
*Random trainers will all be pwrpg approved or retired trainers.
*Team Dream to feature. (probably)
*Overpowered trainers to be added to post game.
*Original pokemon from trainers to be used, enhanced as and if necessary.
*Gym leaders will be cannon by default, according to the gym types of Minoru. The leaders can be replaced by trainers with the same type as them, and non-replaced leaders will remain in their gyms. The replaced ones will also be included in the game.

THE ROLES:
Code:
Character link:
What role are you applying for?:
Why should you get the role?:
Any 6 owned Pokemon: (if applied)
Anything else?:

Ashley Rio: The good guy rival (1/1)
Rival 2: The bad guy rival (0/1)
Gym Leaders: Monotype trainers with types same as that of Minoru gym leaders. (1/8)
i) Hana Ryder - Water.

more when we confirm a plot.

THE PLOT:

The team so far: Darkrai, Avaritia, Hana Ryder, Markj1998, Nishwishes

Last edited by Darkrai on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:33 am; edited 6 times in total
The Rogue

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zSun Jun 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Can I be in it? like a rogue character that apears throughout the hack and helps the player out, like lance does in the teamrocket HQ in firered and leaf gream?
Akuma Taigākabu toreburu
Akuma Taigākabu toreburu

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zSun Jun 01, 2014 10:01 pm

can I be a gym leader? or maybe the rival :o
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zSun Jun 01, 2014 10:04 pm

As I said give me reasons why you should get the role, and link to your character app. Know what I'll make a short application form and list some roles. For now lets just think about the title, the plot / the story, the starters and whatnot. I need more volunteers btw >.>
The Rogue

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zSun Jun 01, 2014 10:29 pm

I did volunteer, but you asked for a reason LOL.

https://pokemonworldrpg.forumotion.net/t7013-rygu-afterhill

You should pick me as a reapearing character because, well, im a rogue! what better for a rogue in a gam,e then a rogue on a forum!
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zSun Jun 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Pup, I'll wait till I confirm whether gym leaders are Minoru original or trainers. It will probably be trainers sooo. Rogue that role isn't confirmed yet.
+I need more people to volunteer with the work and give me ze ideas >.>
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator
Location : Definitely not in the cupboard... what i said not in the cupboard go away!

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zSun Jun 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Sounds awesome I'd love to help in some way, shape or form. Probs be with ideas due to fact i'm only a rookie coder. I'm 15 starting a level 3 extended diploma in media and video game development next year which would have been useful to have known the info within, now.

I could probs be the good Rival I guess seems like the sorta role I could fill people know me on the site as a friendly guy who unfortunately at times can have a bit of a hot temper which could instigate battles between me and the main character. I feel like I'd be good for that the guys friend who gives tips and advice but, still can flare up and have impromptu battles. I'd use Ashley Rio probably cause, he was my first ever character way back when I first joined. Start with Squirtle probs then he'll gain the rest of the pokemon at the intervals when they meet periodically in the game.

That will be all. P.S. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help Ideas and story/character development wise. Personally I see those areas as my forte.

To Be formal though as well:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Markj1998 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zSun Jun 01, 2014 11:10 pm

Hana accepted as plot helper. About your gym thing, I'm gonna consider it when I'm done deciding whether we'll have minoru gyms or custom gyms(that means you're accepted for gym leader also) same goes to pup but he will have to make the application. Regardless I'm making a few changes to the first post to clear out a few things before we proceed.

Mark accepted for both roles applied. Sorry for the complications, allow me to clear up some doubts in the post in a minute.
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator
Location : Definitely not in the cupboard... what i said not in the cupboard go away!

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zSun Jun 01, 2014 11:14 pm

Edited my post so, that at the bottom in the spoiler it's formal. Also it has an idea for a potential title.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zSun Jun 01, 2014 11:25 pm

The name is the least prioritized, but we will consider that name. For now we will just call it Project Hana lel. We'll decide the name when we are done with everything else. Can you guys express your opinions on the things enlisted under "FIRST THINGS FIRST"?
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zSun Jun 01, 2014 11:31 pm

I like the idea of starting from scratch, because while it'll take longer, it'll feel more like it suits us and we could use prettier graphics than Firered. :P As for the gym leaders and starters and things, it'd be easier to figure that one out once we know whether we're going with Minoru or not.

I'd love to help with plot and things like that, if that's cool, and I'd love for my character to feature somewhere. However, as she's definitely not a monotype trainer, she doesn't really suit a gym role or anything. Maybe a Battle Frontier champion or something like a random celebrity or tough post gamer. xP Idk, I can't code or anything, but I'd love to help however I can!
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zSun Jun 01, 2014 11:36 pm

Alright your character will be featured somehow, as will the characters of all who apply. And pup you said rival or gym leader, say gym leader please we need more xD. I'll approve you for gym leader when you confirm ;P. Back to Nish, I'll add you on the team. You can help out Markj when we proceed to the plot. And other things here and there ofc. And your vote is taken. The problem is I'm clueless when it comes to starting from scratch, hope someone knows lel. Euhh or I could just learn, its a team effort. More opinions before we decide! rawr!
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zMon Jun 02, 2014 9:35 am

:3 I vote for the game itself to maybe named after the site? See? It's even written in the topic heading. PWRPG The Game. Anyway, I'd like to volunteer to help with the game~ Sounds really interesting. I'd prefer to be a plot helper, and just to get some of my suggestions over:

The starters:

I'd say don't make it default-like with the starters from other regions. Ex-Squirtle; Bulbasaur; Charmander/Chikorita; Cyndaquil; Totodile etc. Maybe some random pokemon. I have played a hack where the starters were Absol, Ralts and Machop. Fair enough. Something with strength and weaknesses three ways. Ex- *poison type*,*psychic type*, *grass/bug type* or something.

I don't mind having my character featuring as a trainer or something of the sorts. I've played a fair amount of hacks, and there are some where you are forced to start with a specific pokemon, and your rival has one too where there is neither an advantage, nor a disadvantage.
The Rogue

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zMon Jun 02, 2014 10:13 am

Character link:In signature

What role are you applying for?: Returning character who helps the player. Possible the champion or elite 4, like Diane apears before the final battle.
Why should you get the role?:First, you need volunteers. Second I AM a rogue, so to get the role of a rogue would be best for both me and the game. And last, if your going to take trainers from the retired section, you surely have a place for a character that can fit in so many places
Any 6 owned Pokemon: Trapinch.
Anything else?: I would like my pokemon to get stronger as I reapear throughout the game.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zMon Jun 02, 2014 11:39 am

The starters. Psychic, Fighting and Dark sounds perfect. Agreed, guys? Absol accepted as plot helper. Rogue as I said, the role is not official but should we find such a role acceptable or needed we will consider your application. And scoring elite four or champion won't be easy. I'm thinking of fishing out the most accomplished trainers ever and make the e4 and the champion based on their authors. Suggested to me by Aomine. However, fishing those up is a pain in the neck. ANYWAY.

I am working on the maps. I need the plot workers to come up with a few ideas for what the ambition and methods of the villain team be. It has been suggested to me for the leader to be my character Tsubasa who in this site was planned to make a villain team eventually. I won't let that affect much of anything, I just need the concepts first. I will get the maps done slowly. The rest of the game can be implemented when we finish discussing everything about everything in the game and write it down from A to Z. Also I'm going to need someone to fish retired and active trainers' apps for the trainers with the most number of badges where the most badges become the champion with multitypes and the other four become monotype trainers based on their owners with the types not included in the Minoru gyms.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zMon Jun 02, 2014 5:35 pm

It wouldn't be hard to put forward Psychic, Ghost, and Fighting. You have Psychic types like Abra, Ralts, Beldum, Gothita, and Solosis being the only evolution lines to hold 3 forms and be Psychic types. With Ghost you have the option of Gastly, Duskull(More of a technicality), Litwick, and Honedge being the ones with 3 forms throughout the evolution process. That leaves Fighting with Machop and Timburr being the two evolutionary lines of the fighting type to have 3 forms, unless you count Poliwag with it's 3rd form Poliwrath.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out that since Darkrai might be taking my suggestions to base the Gyms initially off of Minoru's own Gyms on the site and replace them with trainers that fit the quota, a Water Gym Leader would be the 2nd Gym Leader someone faces in the Minoru Region. I don't think he actually shared much of what I said since a lot of it was mostly post-game details that were easy to get an overview of and out of the way to focus on the main game's plotline and details.

You also have to keep in mind that you're using a region that already got set-ups for itself and you can easily use it as reference for using legendary Pokemon since it should include some already on it's encounter lists. Some works quite already done when you're willing to utilize what's already presented and replace it with other content should it appear to be necessary.

I'd also like to point out that yes, the Elite Four and Champion positions, like Darkrai stated should be chosen by which players accomplished the most in rp. This was a suggestion made by me since after all, there's no real point in using former staff members as the sole consistency for the end of the Pokemon League.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zMon Jun 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Hana, post game features will allow for you to use a full team in a post game tourney but we will have to listen to Aomine's advice and keep you gym Pokemon limited. As for the starters, I agree with Beldum as the Psychic type. Machop as the fighting type. Now its either Deino as a dark type or Duskull as a ghost type. I personally prefer Deino.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zTue Jun 03, 2014 5:36 am

Unfortunately, the secondary typings don't match up too well. Beldum is not resistant to Fighting. It takes normal damage. Also, Beldum gains no moves by level up until level 20, when it evolves. The evolving points of all these pokemon are different. I mean, Deino evolves at level 50! Unless you change Machop's method of evolution, it will remain a Machoke. And Duskull is in the same boat. Won't evolve unless traded while holding a Reaper cloth. And majority of the pokemon are immune to the other types, when they should resist them.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zTue Jun 03, 2014 9:43 am

Aomine already convinced me. I absolutely forgot Deino's evolution level and Beldum's moveset. Venipede, Solosis and Sandile. Agreed? CAN SOMEONE suggest a trio/s of Pokemon that are not fire water n grass. :v
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zTue Jun 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Elite 4 and Champion:
I actually think that what the original plan was; if I'm right. Was a great idea so, we should immortalize the site's creators and it's original members like, Mystogan, Quibbloboy, Luna, Doragon and members like that as, if it wasn't for them then the site wouldn't be here and thus neither would the game. It's the perfect way to honor them and thank them so, we should make them the Elite 4 and Champion. (I think Myst deserves to be Champion)

The Starters:
For a largely unique starter triangle we could have Rock --> Ice --> Grass. This is one of many triangle I discovered on this: Type Triangles Link . In regards to which pokemon I will put forwards the idea of Larvitar, Vanillite, Shroomish. I understand that Shroomish has only two evolutions but, it's tough finding three, three-evolution pokemon that fit a triangle. Also I recommend we deploy a system similar to Pokemon Yellow or of those sorts where people have the opportunity to get the other two starters along the journey. I do recommend though that instead of making it easy they should be given a quest to complete to get the starter.

Others:
I agree with it being set in the Minoru Region due to the fact it has a larger amount of towns and cities to Ealora which is pretty much Island hopping and Ealora doesn't have actual gyms more challenges.

If you feel up to the job of creating the game from scratch then feel free I only wish I could help but, I lack the necessary skills to be able to. Good luck with that buddy.

The featured Legendary pokemon (Seen as, every game has one) I feel should be: Darkrai as, you were the one who created the game + He has never featured in a game before as the main/primary legendary pokemon. Also a suitable target for Team Dreams exploits due to his dream eating abilities.

Hopefully I've been of use in putting across my ideas and opinions and I'll try to comment on this topic either every day or every other day. Depending on how much, other people have posted.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zWed Jun 04, 2014 1:41 am

I'd like to take the opportunity to point out that each one of those suggestions for the Champion and Elite Four are of former staff, whose work on the site mirrors mine just as much. I declined the offer of being placed on the Elite Four/Champion because as a staff member, I viewed it as unfair. It is much better to place those who've achieved something great with their characters, not simply because they created a site like Mystogan did or helped run it like we do now. Not to mention when I came here about a week after its initial creation it had a lot of things that were near identical to a site I helped run prior to its creation.

Whether you view it as fair or not, the staff do not need to be rewarded like that just because they are the staff. We are volunteers who take time out of our schedule not to be rewarded, but because we are willing to do so. That's what the Gym Leader group was, wasn't it? If I'm not mistaken Mystogan started that up and it was staff exclusive no? Seems a little unfair when you think about it doesn't it? My suggestion to Darkrai was to not feature the staff members as the sole Elite Four/Champion, and instead use members who've made the highest achievements with their characters.

If you are wondering whether I stated the staff should be brought in, I suggested something similar to Black 2 and White 2's Tournaments. I personally felt that if possible, including something like that in the late game would be a much better way to showcase former staff and current staff alike, since they'll have little impact on the games plot, which I remind you the game is to showcase the characters of the site, not its members directly or something like that. A Post-game appearance by the staff seems a little more plausible and doesn't constrain the ability to use the characters of the site.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zWed Jun 04, 2014 10:33 am

"is to showcase the characters of the site, not its members directly" YES. Exactly. So we feature the mentioned staff in post-game. @ Mark: Minoru confirmed. Darkrai will probably be in the game but not be involved in the main plot. Nice type triangle thingy. I WANT EVERYONE TO USE IT TO SUGGEST A BUNCH OF 3 SET STARTER POKEMON UTILIZING THOSE TYPES*. Or. Or. We could do Pokemon based on their base stats for attack defend and speed but thats a horrible idea. As to me doing the game from scratch, I got a pack which has Pokemon's base features coded. I'm working on the maps now, could use a lot of help. Things to do for now:

Trainer Sprites - SPRITERS NEEDED 0%
Regional Mapping - need someone to make the minoru regional map. 0%
TOWN/CITY MAPPING - I'm doing dis. 7% approx

EDIT: Everything seems... rushed and seems as if it is not going to work at this rate. Lets take things slowly. First. I'm going to stop mapping and leave it for later, I'll be working on trainer sprites. I'm trying to make it so that every random trainer will have the same sprite, and will have pokemon from PW existing trainers. However, in the Emerald Mountains, all trainers will have unique sprites and some other repeating trainers will also have unique sprites nomsayin' :\

I'm going to take care of the regional map as well, later.
First things first. PLOT. So far we have the leader suggested to be Tsukino Tsubasa, the character in my signature. And the Team Name, is not going to be Team Dream. We will have Team Dream in the post game tourney, a separate tourney named Team Dream featuring everyone from the team. Now, some time ago there was a failed villain team in PW which was supposed to be leaded by Tsubasa - Society of Liberty and there has been the Liberty Tower as their base in Minoru for some time and has never been utilized as the plans were scratched. The legendaries available in Minoru are
131 - Cobalion /
132 - Terrakion /
133 - Virizion /
134 - Shaymin /
135 - Groudon
136 - Kyogre /
137 - Regirock /
138 - Regice /
139 - Registeel /
140 - Regigigas /
141 - Celebi /
142 - Zapdos /
143 - Moltres /
144 - Articuno /
145 - Mew /
146 - Palkia /
147 - Reshiram /
148 - Dialga /
149 - Zekrom /
150 - Victini /
151 - Genesect /
154 - Darkrai /

We write everything down from A to Z, then we get it implemented, I'll do it ^^" - So. Plot. Discuss. Go.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8zWed Jun 04, 2014 6:09 pm

My suggestion for the villains, at least, is perhaps the idea of an elite club known as the 'Liberty Society', consisting of trainers handpicked by the leader themselves, based on their skills/connections/etc. Each admin would have their team contained in a certain kind of Poke Ball (so, perhaps the leader would have their outfit based on the Master Ball, for example, the medics of their team might have Pokemon like Blissey/Miltank/Chimecho and use Heal Balls etc). Perhaps the Liberty Society have their admins 'hidden' everywhere, and rather than chasing world domination through legendaries alone, have developed a device which allows them to clone and change Pokemon - think of the action replay irl. So, some of their members might have a lot of shinies, for example, or Pokemon who know moves they shouldn't know or be at a 'wrong' level (like an evolution at level ten, etc, for early games). Their aim of collecting the legendaries, if relevant at all, could simply be a thing of 'status'. 'We're the elite, and the only ones worthy of ruling this world and owning these Pokemon/Pokemon shouldn't have control of this world, we should' type thing.

Idk, pulling pieces of random role play plots together. xP If you like any of it, go for it?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)   PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta) H6Q0F8z

PROJECT HANA (PWRPG the Game Beta)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next