HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Pit
Pit

Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter] Empty
PostSubject: Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter]   Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter] H6Q0F8zFri May 02, 2014 3:10 am

Following in the shadow of a friend.  That's what he was doing.  He didn't know why, and he wasn't sure he had a reason, but he was.  He had no idea how far behind he was, or how many Pokémon he had less than him.  Him...And old friend.  If he could catch up, they could travel together.  But along the way stood a city, one with rocks all around.  A mine was at the other end from where he entered, and a Pokémon Gym was even there.  He took a nice walk to the Gym, looking at the amazing sights to see around him.  When he got to the Gym, he wondered what he should say.  'Think, Ri.  Think.'  As he said this, he noticed the door was automatic.  But he backed up, not sure he was ready just yet.  "Hm...To go or not to go..."  He thought long and hard, not sure what to do...'I have no idea who the Gym Leader is, what type he's got, or how-'  He cut himself off in his head.  'Don't worry about it...Maybe I can take him...I just don't know...'  He continued to try to decide, unsure of whether to go in or not.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter]   Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter] H6Q0F8zFri May 02, 2014 3:40 am

Whether the boy had realised it or not, he was being watched by someone who had not long left the mine to relax. He was a young kid who thought he was all that, evidently: his blue shorts were hanging low, matching cap worn backwards, and the looseness of his outfit made him look like a scruffy state. "Dude, don't be a noob." The boy mocked arrogantly, sneering after the older male, "Just go in if you're gonna go in or run away like a little girl! You know only crazy people talk to themselves, too, right?"
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter]   Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter] H6Q0F8zFri May 02, 2014 4:25 am

Ri looked back only with his eyes, seeing the boy there. "Kid, I haven't been going for very long. Then again, if you think you can take me in a battle, it's your choice." Ri looked back at the Gym. "Still, I don't know much about the Pokémon Gyms in this region. I'm more here to follow a friend." He turned himself to face the boy. "So...You want to put your Pokémon where your mouth is, or will you back off now and save yourself a loss?"
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter]   Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter] H6Q0F8zTue May 27, 2014 7:47 pm

//I've taken over the moddin' for this topic for Nishie, approved by both Nishwishes and Silver Shine. ^^//

The young boy, trying so hard to be a gangsta, sniffling a little while listening to the words the older male said. He crossed his skinny arms, lightly removing a little snot from his nose using only his thumb, really doing his best to look 'bad-ass'.
His voice was still not fully developed, lightly screechy. The young boy shook his head, with a dominant smirk on his pale face.

"Don't judge someone without battling them first!"

The young boy, whose name was Clerk, opened the little pocket in his loose and a little too big shorts, fishing after a small pokéball he normalized in size before throwing it forward, releasing a thick beam that transformed itself into a round, violet colored ball of poisonous gas.

"Bring it on, noob!"

--
Youngster Trainer Clerk has Challenged you to a Battle!
Pokémon Team:
Koffing.
Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter] 109
Level: 11.
Ability: Levitate.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter]   Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter] H6Q0F8zFri May 30, 2014 4:13 pm

"Well, here goes nothing. Literally." He grabbed a Pokeball, and tossed it, releasing a Combusken. "Alright, Flare, let's finish this quickly! Use Ember!"

Flare nodded and took a step back, before releasing an Ember attack straight at the Koffing.
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter]   Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter] H6Q0F8zSat May 31, 2014 5:22 pm

The Koffing had no chance to avoid the attack, Combusken obviously being a lot stronger and quicker, so the Ember hit hard even though not being super effective. The Koffing let out a deep moan, not happy about the deep burns. Luckily the small flames extinguished themselves, not leaving a permanent burn.
Clerk clenched his fists, stamping on the ground out of anger.

"Whatever! Lucky shot! Poison Gas, Koffing!"

Koffing let out a little moan again, before blowing out a humongous sky of green gas, which couldn't be mistaken for something healthy. If Combusken was careless, it would get affected by the poisonous effect the thick cloud had.
It was a matter of luck and experience.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter]   Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter] H6Q0F8zSat May 31, 2014 11:52 pm

Ri carefully looked through the cloud. "No way through, but there must be a...That's it!" He looked at Combusken. "As long as this works...Combusken, stay low, and go around the side, and hit it with Peck!"

Combusken began to roll itself, trying to dodge the gas, and attempts to peck at the Koffing.
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter]   Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter] H6Q0F8zSun Jun 01, 2014 1:10 am

It was a smart move to go low, as the cloud stayed a few centimeters up from the ground, and was the sole reason why Combusken avoided the poisonous effect. But since Koffing stayed high in the air, the pecking was not hitting it. But even so, the gas also lowered its own possibility of hitting the Combusken.
Clerk snorted, still annoyed by the fact that the Combusken had an obvious advantage. In more than one way.

"Tackle on the ground!"

Even though the visibility was at its lowest, Koffing just moaned out of its constant depression, before it suddenly headed down towards the ground, hoping to hit the Combusken. But it was all left to luck.
And even so, the worst would be Koffings weight, since Combusken was a fine specimen, probably trained to withstand attacks like that.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter]   Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter] H6Q0F8zMon Jun 09, 2014 3:02 am

(Well...My password broke and I didn't have time to fix it for a bit so...Sorry. LOGGED BACK IN!)

Combusken, unable to get up in time, was hit by the Koffing's Tackle. Combusken grabbed the ground and flipped out of the area the gas was covering, standing up straight again. "Bus!"

Ri smiled. "Great job, Flare! Hit it with Ember!"

"Combus!" The Pokémon quickly took a small step back, before leaning its upper body a small bit forward and launching a series of small fireballs out of its beak at the Koffing, hoping to hit it.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter]   Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter] H6Q0F8z

Gotta catch up![Mod Needed for Gym Leader and/or Encounter]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1