HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flashback! Return to Pewter City!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 11:13 pm

Brock was equally frustrated by the moves that Miku used. She was skilled and surprising, but he also admired this in his opponent. He wasn't about to give up, but this was a trainer who deserved to win a badge, and he wouldn't be a sore loser if Miku managed to overcome Onix in the end.

"Use your rock throw, Onix! Knock Seel down!" He ordered, and the enormous snake began slamming his tail into the rocks, sending debris flying to try and destroy Seel's platform and hurl him through the field, whilst also throwing rocks at the poor thing. Then, the water began to rise again. It was mostly clean, although traces of mud and dirt could be found in it, and the wave crashed into poor Onix. He roared in pain, but wasn't defeated yet. Onix was tough, and the gap in level wasn't too great, although Seel did have the advantage there.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 08, 2014 5:52 am

Miku was just glad the move had worked. Even if it hadn't destroyed Onix like it had Geodude, she was sure he must be weak by now. After all, she'd landed two super effective hits so far! She clenched her fists as rocks hit Seel, hoping he could hang on a little longer. He had a decent physical defense, so she wasn't the most worried. If he took another hit like that she might feel obligated to switch Pokémon, though.

Still, how cool would it be to claim she took on her first Gym challenge and beat it with only one Pokémon?! The thought of such a potential victory thrilled her. "Quick, Seel, use Growl and Icy Wind!" She wanted to lessen the damage her Pokémon was taking, but wanted so much to see that rock snake come crashing down.

Seel barked, acknowledging his trainer's commands. He showed his tusks off, growling in that cutely intimidating manner. He slid around the icy patch, pressing his flippers against one of the boulders to hold his ground. It would give him something to launch off from if he needed to make a quick getaway. He then summoned up the harsh wind once more, ice crystals feeling like little blades to pretty well anything that wasn't an Ice or Fire Pokémon.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 08, 2014 6:13 am

"Cover yourself with mud sport again and use harden!" Brock ordered, the creature taking advantage of the mud that Seel had made to coat his toughening body. Ducking down and curling up against the icy wind, it struck through the snake's body, between each boulder that made up the Pokemon's form. "Now, use rock tomb!" The gym leader continued. His Pokemon was weak, and again, Onix continued to throw rocks, but he was getting reckless. There was a flash of intense emotion within the battler's eyes. He was in an increasing state of rage!
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri May 09, 2014 6:20 am

Miku grit her teeth at the sight of Onix, hardening his body further. He was using the layer of mud as a buffer, but based on that look in his eye, he was at the brink. It was almost desperate, the rage she felt from the Pokémon, emanating as she stared into his eyes. She looked to Seel, who was doing his best to dodge by sliding around. Boulders crashed in front of him, causing him to slam into them, slowing him down. It caused him some damage, and to get pelted by other falling rocks.

"Seel!" She shouted, seeing her Pokémon being weakened. She hated that feeling, and though she still believed Seel could finish this battle, she felt the right thing to do was switch out. Holding up the red and white orb, the red beam shooting out to the pup who was absorbed into its embrace. "Return!" The girl stated, quickly clipping the ball to her waist and retrieving another. "Okay then, I choose you!" 

Tossing the other ball onto the torn up field, it popped open to reveal Onix's next opponent. "Slowpoke???" The pink hippo-sloth questioned, looking around mildly confused. He looked up to the giant rock snake, then back to Miku before grasping fully what was happening.

"Slowpoke, quick!" That statement alone was rather redundant. Her pink Pokémon was rarely 'quick' in anything he did. "Use your Scald on that Onix, now!" She pointed to the enemy, Slowpoke drawling on as he nodded. Steam rose from his mouth as his gullet filled with boiling water. He pursed his lips, before unleashing the torrent at Onix!
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri May 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Brock looked triumphant as Seel was withdrawn, although like Miku, he knew that Seel probably could have finished Onix off if directed properly. He admired the move, though. She obviously cared for her team enough not to put them to the brink of serious danger, and that compassion was important for all trainers to have. "You're telling a Slowpoke to be quick?" He challenged teasingly, although he knew not to underestimate such a creature. His friend Misty and her sisters owned plenty of water Pokemon, and as a part-time breeder and doctor, he knew not to underestimate any type or species.

"Dodge, Onix, and use rock throw to block the blast!" He called at his bad-tempered snake. Angrily, it tossed a rock into the torrent, the scalding water beginning to weather through it and push the weight-losing thing back. By the time it had, though, the big Pokemon was out of the way, tantrumming his way towards the dual-type! Slowpoke had the type and level advantage, though, and a bad temper and big size meant being prone to mistakes.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat May 10, 2014 9:53 am

Slowpoke may have been physically slow, but their last training session had prompted the Pokémon to pick up some sharp-shooting skills with moving targets. He wasn't going to be perfect after only one session, but it would certainly give him a base to stand on! "Don't underestimate my Slowpoke!" Miku growled, knowing her Pokémon to be quite capable when need be.

"Slowpoke, use your Confusion to slow him down, then target practice with Water Gun!" Slowpoke opened his mouth in acknowledgement. He began to glow a purple hue, attempting to trap, or at the very least slow the opponent with his psychic ability. He then began to spout short bursts of water at and between the various boulders of Onix's body, keeping in mind his training on moving targets back near Viridian City.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat May 10, 2014 10:17 pm

The confusion attack was both painful and confining, and Onix roared, angry but unable to lash out as he wished. He could barely writhe or spin his rocks around, and that made him a sitting duck. "Onix! Try to break out of it!" Brock prompted, but it was too late as water gun soaked through mark after mark. Onix was in desperate hurt, and by the time the aura faded from him, he was finished. Onix flopped to the ground with a mighty crash, debris and dust thrown upwards as the gym treasured. Slowpoke and Seel had gained seven experience points each, with the latter having leveled up by one, making Miku the winner!

"Return, Onix. You deserve a good rest." He smiled, the creature disappearing back into his ball. Smiling, the gym leader offered a slow applause before starting down the steps and across the mess of an arena, "Congratulations on your first gym victory. You've earned the boulder badge, and some prize money to go along with that." He said. Rokas, who had been spectating the entire time, was in awe, feeling proud and excited for his friend's achievement, "But you should know, I never underestimated you for a second, nor did I go easy on you. I knew from the moment I saw your Seel that you were a strong trainer, and you care deeply for all of them. I know that without even having to check. I wish you luck on your journey, and if you ever want to visit or have a rematch, I'll make sure to give you a real run for your money!"
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 1:11 am

Miku was ecstatic, and could feel the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. She wanted to remain calm and collected, but the sheer skill and power Slowpoke showed in the arena was just magnificent! She couldn't stop the smile that crept its way onto her lips as the red beam engulfed her defeated foe. She rushed the battlefield, hefting Slowpoke into her arms and squeezing the pink log with enthusiasm.

When Brock approached her, she set the critter down so she could receive her prize. She was more than happy for some reward money- they'd be eating good tonight! However, that shiny badge was what really fascinated the girl. She held it lightly, tilting it between her fingers as the recessed lights glinted off of its sheen. She pinned it to the inside of her pouch for now, she would get a proper badge case later.

"I'm glad you didn't go easy on me. I wouldn't feel right taking the badge if you had," Miku spoke, holding out her hand to shake the Leader's. "And whenever you're ready for that rematch, just let me know," she smirked, almost deviously. It had been a surprising challenge, but Miku took great strides forward, and overcame them.

She then turned to Rokas at the sidelines, jogging over to greet him. "What do you think?" She asked, genuinely curious. He had seen her train, and battle the bug catcher. But Gym Leaders always posed a new threat, and challenge level to trainers. "My Slowpoke's pretty great, right? He'd make a great Slowking some day, or maybe a Slowbro," she smiled back to her partner, who was making his way slowly to her side.

"But you want to go to the Museum now, right? We should probably go before they close. I know public buildings like that tend to close pretty early, after all," Miku said, more than ready to let Rokas have his fun now. Besides, she wanted to get a look at those fossils.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 1:32 am

Rokas smiled shyly, but he was clearly in awe, "I think your Slowpoke is amazing, yeah! I mean, I always knew it, but it's totally true, especially now! Congratulations on your badge!" His words were clear, but he spoke them very quickly, as if he had been put on the spot, "Yeah, I mean, I think the museum here's open pretty late, but I don't mind waiting until tomorrow. We could celebrate your win. Unless you want to go to the museum, too, then sure. Ah-- oh."

He had cut himself off, looking up as Brock came over to the two. "Hey, it looks like you have a very supportive friend right here." The gym leader smiled. He had a small device in his hand, containing a bronze disk, "Sorry, but you ran off and forgot to take this. It's the TM for rock tomb. You can use TMs over and over again, so make sure to make good use of the move. I'll have to think of that rematch timing, though. You'll have surpassed me in no time!" He joked, "As for the museum, I'm a personal partner there. Want me to give you both a tour?"
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 3:45 am

Miku was about to respond to her newest friend, but was cut short by the Gym Leader. She looked at the strange device, taking it gently. "Th-thank you," the young girl stuttered, carefully finding a pocket for the small diskette. She would find out later if any of her Pokémon could learn the move, and then teach it to them. After all, you never knew when a speed cutting move like Rock Tomb could come in handy!

"Really? You'd do that for us?! Oh- but we should really go to the Pokémon Center first, yeah? Your Pokémon need to be tended to, and mine should rest up as well," Miku trailed off, thinking about her injured Seel in his pokéball. "But I wouldn't mind going after that," she said, turning to Rokas. "It'd be kinda neat getting a VIP tour from the Gym Leader, after all."
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 4:10 am

Brock chuckled, "Well, I'm flattered you think that way." He replied upon Rokas' agreement to Miku's flattery. He went with them both to the Pokemon Centre, explaining to them as he went about how he had gone on his travels and learned numerous talents. He knew how to breed Pokemon well, even trained to be a doctor before staying in the gym full time. His non-rock Pokemon, particularly Happiny and Ludicolo, loved all of his younger siblings, who were growing up and setting out on their own journeys one by one. The idea of his frilly pink apron was hilarious in particular to Rokas, who said that one day, he'd love to see the dedicated home maker in it.

They got to the Pokemon Centre, and Nurse Joy gleefully congratulated Miku on her win, joking that Brock was 'losing his touch'. The man laughed, handing his weakest Pokemon over to the nurse while Miku did the same with her Seel. When it came to sitting down, however, Rokas halted in his tracks.

"Ah--! Miku, your bag! The egg! I think it's hatching!" He cried with a useless flailing of his hands. Indeed, there was a spectacular glow coming from within the incubator. If she were to take it out, she would find that the strange egg had faded away, and in its place was a small white dinosaur with a long neck. Her whole body seemed to sparkle, turquoise eyes gleaming with curiosity and confusion, the latter emotion perhaps enhanced by those fuzzy eyebrows which stood on end. Brock made a shout of surprise.

"Miku-- your egg's hatched into an Amaura!" He exclaimed loudly and dramatically, "I thought those were extinct! And they were only native to Kalos!"
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 6:20 am

Miku gasped as she felt her bag begin to weigh down, the shaking and bright light hard to miss. She pulled it from her shoulder, setting the bag down on a soft bench seat as she pulled the incubator from the bag. The bright light faded, the baby dinosaur Pokémon looking up to Miku with bright eyes. She couldn't contain herself!

She let out a girlish squee of delight, releasing the seal on the top of the incubator to retrieve the Pokémon from within. She looked around, somewhat nervous in the environment, and confused. She curled her tail up to her stomach, retracting her neck a bit. She buried her head partially into Miku's top, the clothing folds hiding most of her face but one large eye looking out at the world.

"Amaura? I've never heard of a Pokémon like that before...so is it kind of like Kabuto, then? They thought they had all been extinct up until a few years ago. You know, when that island out in the Orange Archipelago vanished and all the Kabuto suddenly reappeared?" She looked down to the baby sauropod in her arms, curious about it. She wanted to comfort it, but was having a hard time not gushing over it herself.

"But it's native to Kalos? That's pretty weird, since I found the egg right in Viridian Forest..." She trailed off, wondering how such an amazing specimen got so far from home. She pulled out her Pokédex, curious to find out more about the species.

Amaura, The Tundra Pokémon. 4'03" 55.6 lbs. A calm Pokémon that lived in a cold land where there were no violent predators like Tyrantrum. This ancient Pokémon was restored from part of its body that had been frozen in ice for over 100 million years. It has iridescent sails that change colors to reflect its mood (green when happy, blue when sad, and red when angry).

She looked back to the tiny thing in her arms, which couldn't have been more than a foot long at the moment. Then again, she was only a newborn. However, what Miku found most peculiar was that the image shown in the Pokédex was of a blue dinosaur, not a white one.

"Hey Brock...you know a lot about Pokémon, right?" Miku began, handing Brock the Pokédex to view the image. "Why is it that this shows a blue Amaura, but this one is white? Are they just white when they hatch, or something?" It was obvious Miku had never been exposed to so much as the idea of a Shiny Pokémon before.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 6:32 am

Rokas was caught off guard by the squeal, but Brock just smiled widely, surprised and glad to see her persona change from the quiet, aggressive teenager that he had fought in the gym. His hunch was right, and Miku really was a compassionate, soulful youth. "I think that must be a shiny Pokemon." He assessed, "Look at the healthy sparkle of her skin. She's no different from any others her species, I'd assume, not that I've ever seen one up close before. The only exception is that she's a different colour. They used to think that shiny Pokemon were stronger than their counterparts, but that was disproved by scientists in Hoenn quite a while ago now."

"She's really cute!" Rokas said, also gushing, albeit in his own meek way as he leaned close. "But I agree. I mean, we did find it in the forest... Maybe someone from Kalos lost it? Or they imported it?" He suggested. Brock hummed.

"Either way, unless someone reports a missing egg, Miku should hang onto it. Even then, Amaura likely sees her as its mother now. Separating them could be seriously painful if not handled correctly, especially at this stage." The gym leader continued, "Luckily, Professor Oak isn't too far away and the museum should be able to provide you all sorts of information. They've been working on a Kalos exhibition since last October and it's coming along great. Hey, maybe you could even have some pictures of your Amaura put up in there! I bet they'd pay for it, or at least offer you some support if you agree to check in with them from time to time."
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 6:54 am

"A shiny Pokémon?" Miku queried, only momentarily though as Brock went on to explain. "So, she's kinda special, then," she said, smiling down to her Amaura. However, the idea that someone could simply report the egg now broke her heart a bit. She just got to meet her, she couldn't bear to part ways so soon! She felt herself clutch the baby a bit closer at the thought.

"I wont let anyone hurt her!" She said, mildly defensive out of habit. The mention of Professor Oak made her eyes lighten a bit, though. "Oh right, I should give Professor Oak a call," she uttered mindlessly as Brock droned on about the museum.

"Her picture?" She looked down to the rarity in her arms, stars in her eyes. She could be like the Pokémon on the front of those magazines! "So, they would help me get good Pokéchow and stuff for her?" She asked lightly, clearly thinking about it as a very real possibility. It was an offer hard to turn down! It was both an opportunity for her, and for science!
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 7:01 am

"Yeah, probably! The only thing is, a lot of people might want to take a look at her, so just be careful and stand your ground. Of course it's good to help people out, but you don't want to put yourselves in any danger." Brock reminded them, a responsible adult for the two children, though most likely cooler in many senses when compared to Professor Oak's grandfatherly actions and nostalgia. "It's been some time since I've seen Oak. Now would be a good time to call him." He advised, Rokas taking a seat and nodding his head in agreement, admiring the Amaura from the sidelines.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 7:21 am

Though Miku was no child, it was very true that she was still far from an adult. She wasn't as bad as many around her age, but still was fueled by hormones and mood swings with heavier influence than someone in their late twenties or more. Still, she meekly nodded to Brock, "I'll go give him a call, then. Rokas, can you watch my bag for me?" She asked, before grabbing the badge from her pouch and walking off with Amaura in her arms.

She approached one of the telephone booths, still finding the video feed loops rather intimidating. She just hoped she didn't have any dirt on her face from the battle! She dialed Oak's number, letting it ring as she stood there nervously. When it finally picked up, she began.

"Hello Professor Oak! It's me, Miku Hamasaki. Remember, you gave me the Seel?" She began, hoping the Professor hadn't already forgotten about her. "How are Sandshrew and Magikarp doing?" She asked, wondering about her reclusive Pokémon. "Oh, but I actually called to let you know that I battled Brock, and won!" She held the badge up to the camera so it was shown as a close-up before retracting her hand. The Amaura was still tucked in her arms, but the girl had gotten so distracted with everything else that she forgot to mention the egg hatching.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 7:33 am

"Oh, yeah, of course!" Rokas answered, literally watching the bag for a few moments before proceeding to sneak glances at the screen and Miku. He would've felt so awkward on camera, and so had no wish to actually involve himself. On the other hand, he wished he wasn't so nervous, and desired to know exactly what was being discussed. Of course, it wouldn't be him, but even so...

"Hello there, Miku! Of course I remember you, it was only the other day! I'm glad to see that you made your way back safely." Oak replied, sounding happy as ever. In the background, his aides and a stocky man out of uniform could be seen preparing various things. The latter was his assistant Tracey, who had cropped black hair and usually wore his favourite mint sweater and pink shorts. He was naturally tan all year round, which hinted to having come from a more tropical climate than most of Kanto provided.

"Magikarp's doing just fine! It loves the river. Sandshrew's taking a bit more time to settle in, but it's early days yet, we'll get there." The elderly researcher added sympathetically, "But congratulations on your new badge! I knew you could do it. But what is it that you have there? Is it a new Pokemon? I've never seen that species before!" Oak was evidently awed, just like everyone in the vicinity seemed to be.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 7:59 am

"I'm glad to hear Magikarp is enjoying it!" Miku said, debating sending Feebas away for some down time as well. They made such a great pair that she really hated to separate them for too long. "At least Sandshrew is out of his ball, that's a big step as is..." She said quietly, still feeling bad about how she had traumatized the poor thing.

"Hm? Oh!" She exclaimed, looking down to Amaura. "You know, Rokas and I found an egg out in the woods. I tripped over it, and didn't want anyone else to do the same, so I brought it back with me. The nurse gave me an incubator, and after we got back from battling Brock, it hatched!" She told the story, though had yet to really answer Oak's question.

"Brock said it's an Amaura, but the Pokédex says it's a different color. Brock said that means this one is shiny, but the species is supposed to be extinct..." She trailed off, wondering how crazy she sounded. "But isn't she cute?! I guess they're native to Kalos." She held Amaura up so Oak could see her better, her sails swirling with colors as the fresh Pokémon was quite unsure on how to feel about the strange contraption, and the man on the screen.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 8:08 am

Professor Oak made sounds of back-channeling as Miku told her story, "Viridian Forest is quite the magical place! Who knows what other mysteries it holds that we don't know about!" He exclaimed with intrigue, "Thanks to an advance in technology and dedicated research, previously extinct Pokemon are slowly being restored! Many of them are kept secret and in captivity. For example, there is a whole island in Hoenn preserved just for such a situation, not far from Sootpolis City and Mossdeep. Cinnabar Island also used to carry out such tasks. Perhaps there's such a movement in Kalos as well? I'll have to contact Professor Sycamore in Lumiose City about it."

His educational ramble over, he moved on, "Indeed, Amaura is likely a shiny. Brock would know best about these kinds of things. I'd love to see her for myself when I have time, but until then, perhaps liason with the museum and Brock, and keep me informed? What is your next move, anyway? Are you going to try and go to Johto like you mentioned, or perhaps Kalos?"
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 8:17 am

Miku nodded at Oak's suggestion of the museum. "Brock suggested going there, too. He's going to give us a tour and maybe get Amaura some photo ops!" She explained, somewhat enthusiastically. What an amazing thing, talking with her hero casually over the phone about an amazing discovery that -she- stumbled upon! "We're actually heading over there here shortly."

"I'm not sure about Kalos. Amaura is pretty amazing and all, but I really don't know anything about the region. I feel like I at least know some of Johto's history, and would still really like to visit Alto Mare!" It sounded like the girl was pretty set on her Johto journey, but a hint was in her voice. Perhaps some day she would visit Kalos, and see what else the region offered. Then again, maybe Oak wanted her to take Amaura to show this Professor Sycamore herself! There were ways she might be persuaded.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 8:25 am

"Oh, wow, it sounds like you have the rest of your day all planned out! I hope you enjoy it, and you'll have to tell me everything the next time we talk." Professor Oak said, "And that's completely understandable, Miku. This is your journey and your life, and you'll know best what you want to do. Don't go on my or anyone else's account but your own! Still, it is a beautiful place if you ever have the fortune to go. I'm sure Amaura would love to see where she came from. Snowbelle Town sounds right up her street!" He beamed.

In the background, Brock collected his Pokemon from Nurse Joy, along with Miku's Seel, which Rokas packed away for her so that it was all safe. "In any case, I won't hold you back any longer. Was there anything else you wanted to ask me about before you make your move?"
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 8:52 am

Miku mildly played with the idea of visiting Kalos, but ultimately Oak was right, she needed to follow her heart. "Maybe some day," she replied, though the idea of a city named after snow wasn't the most appealing. She really did prefer weather where she could enjoy being in water and the outdoors in general.

She glanced over to see that the others were packed and ready to go, Seel tucked away safely. "Alright, Professor. Thank you so much, again!" Miku started her goodbyes, then was caught off guard by his last question. She strained her brain for a moment. Nothing came to mind, but the girl was notorious for forgetting things. "I don't think so. I'll be sure to check in another time, bye for now!"

Setting the receiver back down, she turned and approached Rokas. "Thanks," she said, taking her pack back and slinging it over her shoulder. She carefully pin ed the badge back in place, making sure to keep Amaura comfortably in her arms. "Well, we can get going to the Museum if you're all ready, then!" She felt pumped up, and optimistic. It was quite abnormal, but with all of the recent events it was obvious why the change of heart.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 8:59 am

The Professor and his aides, along with Tracey, all called their goodbyes, too before the connection went away. It was clear that Miku was adored almost as much by her heroes as they were by her, even if they hadn't met. She would always have friendly faces awaiting her in Pallet Town, Pokemon and human alike.

"You're welcome." Rokas chirped, getting up, too. "It sounded like everything's going well, then! Not that I eavesdropped. I mean, you just seemed really happy!" He explained, although in reality, he did wish he'd been able to overhear every detail of the short call. "Oh! And don't forget to give the incubator back to Nurse Joy, too!"
"You should also give Amaura a Poke Ball of some kind before we head out." Brock advised, "You don't want to risk losing her, or someone else noticing her. Rumours about gangs like Team Rocket have even made their way here, about some kind of incident in Mt Moon and the route Pewter side. A Pokemon like her is sure to attract attention, and it's harder for anything to happen if she can't be officially caught by someone else." He explained, "I'm not saying something will definitely happen, but you can't be too prepared."
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 9:44 am

Miku gasped a bit at Rokas's words, "Oh right!" She exclaimed, retrieving the incubator from back at the chair. She took it back up to the counter, thanking the Nurse Joy for letting her use it, and letting the pink haired woman get a closer look at the Amaura. When she came back, Brock began, going on about Amaura and a pokéball.

Her eyes widened when he mentioned Mt Moon, and she felt like a rock dropped into her stomach at the mention of the incident en route. The first she had forgotten, on multiple occasions, to report to authorities. The latter wasn't Team Rocket at all, but her idiot brother. Not that she could really say such a thing, and she now felt nervous about even mentioning the Mt Moon incident, though it had yielded her Clefairy as a partner.

"R-right..." Miku stuttered, fishing out a white pokéball from her bag and looking down to Amaura. "This is just for safety, you can come out whenever you like as long as it's safe," the girl explained, hoping the sauropod would understand. With a light tap from the Premier Ball, Amaura was absorbed into the ball and linked to it.

Immediately after, Miku pressed the button and summoned the baby back out, so that she could experience the world. Miku could at least carry her around until she got bigger. She put the ball away, looking back to her companions. "Alright then, should we get going?"
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 13, 2014 10:04 am

"Yeah, that sounds like a plan!" Brock encouraged, and with that, he led the way across town to the museum. It was a grand building set against the mountainside, its wine-coloured roof setting it apart from the rest of the city's locations, as did the bronze lick of paint that the vast facility had taken up in recent years. Rust-coloured tiles lined the floors, portraits of fossilised Pokemon propped against the walls behind their relevant glass display. Blue rugs were beneath each booth, contrasting to the rest of the halls.

The staff greeted Brock and his company, allowing him through without charge. The pair of women offered them leaflets, also marveling at the sight of Amaura, "The Kalos display is on the top floor. We used to only have two and the side area for private research, but we're getting bigger all the time. One day, maybe the museum will go as high as Mount Moon!"

"Well, if they keep finding new Pokemon like they do, I wouldn't be surprised." Rokas chipped in, a dryness to his undertone. Brock let out a 'hah' of fair agreement.
"So, where d'you crazy kids wanna start? From Kanto to Kalos, or d'you want to mix things up? There's a gift shop, too." Brock added slyly. Contributions went to the museum, community and charity. It wouldn't hurt to bring the place up.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flashback! Return to Pewter City!   Flashback! Return to Pewter City! - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

Flashback! Return to Pewter City!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next