HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Apr 04, 2014 9:10 pm

"Well, yes, of course. But only if you're ready." The Professor replied, patient as ever. The woman behind the counter looked intrigued, leaning over to watch, but trying not to be too intrusive. It seemed like a lovely moment, and she was glad to be able to witness it.
"Pika." Pikachu sulked, slowly slinking over Yip's face again, her paws pushing down at his cheeks. She was acting subtle. About as subtle as a group of exploding Electrode, maybe.
"Professor," The assistent interjected, "I don't think Pikachu wants him to pick one of them."
"Charmander." The fire lizard agreed with a sweet smile, his friends laughing in agreement. It was easy for them to pick up on, too. Pikachu was smitten, but none of them dare tease their friend, lest she start kicking off and denying it.
"Do you think so, too, Charmander?" Oak asked, and the fire-type nodded, speaking an affirmative again. The other two backed him up.

"Well, if that's the case..." Oak hummed, considering, "I have given out Pikachus in the past. It's unconventional, and there have been teething problems, to put it that way. But they've always bonded wonderfully in the end, and I don't see that exactly being a problem this time." He explained, partially thinking out loud, "It depends on you, Yip. You're welcome to choose Squirtle, Charmander or Bulbasaur, but I do think Pikachu's quite taken with you. It's no pressure on you, so don't worry, but I don't think she'll be very happy with you if you turn her down! She seems to have made her new home on your face, though. Pikachu, get down."
"Pika pi~" No, basically. She grinned, sticking her tongue out and tauntingly whipping her tail. Oak sighed.
"At least you would know what you're getting yourself in for!"
Yip
Yip

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Apr 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Yip nodded. "Well, I don't really think I have a choice. Even if I chose one of the others, I would still have a crazed Pikachu on my face. Pikachu's my pick." He said triumphantly, trying to get into a heroic pose, although it was ruined because a Pikachu happened to be sitting comfortably on his face.

"Uh... Professor? Could you please help me to the door?" Yip asked, scratching the back of his head. "I need to find a hotel."
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Apr 05, 2014 11:24 pm

Although it may not have been immediately obvious, Pikachu was amazed and happy, but also a bit apprehensive. Like any trainer starting their journey, she was making a massive change to leave behind all that she knew for Yip. It was going to be fun and exciting, for sure, and somebody needed to take care of this weird human, so it might as well have been her. "Pikachu~" She shifted so that Yip could see, waving goodbye to her friends before the trio were returned to their Poke Balls.

"The Pokemon Centre is a good spot for trainers to stop at. They'll have rooms available if they're not too busy, and food to spare." He paused, handing over money in exchange for five Poke Balls, which he gave to the boy, "I'll send you a Pokedex once I'm back into my lab. It'll be waiting in your PC for you once I've transferred it."
Yip
Yip

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 2:44 am

Yip nodded. "Thanks, Professor. I guess I'll see you later. But, uh, could I have Pikachu's Pokeball?" The trainer asked. He didn't officially own Pikachu until after he had its Pokeball. He scratched Pikachu behind the ears, waiting for the Professor's reply.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 5:18 am

"Pika~!" The Pokemon chimed, her cry happy as she was scratched, dipping her head and leaning into Yip's touch. The Professor let out an 'Oh!' of surprise, his aide apologising as the ball exchanged hands, finally landing into Yip's. "Well, you have a good evening and safe travels, young man. Don't be a stranger, and remember I'll be here whenever you need assistance! I sometimes send my assistants on errands around the region, too, so don't be afraid to greet them if you see one!"
Yip
Yip

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 5:24 am

"Thanks, Professor!" He shouted as the door shut behind him. He was surprised how dark it was already. He quickly navigated his way through the dark and into the Pokemon Center. A Nurse Joy and Chansey were on duty, as usual. Yip walked up to them. "Excuse me, can I get a room here?" He asked. Yip wasn't sure how to get a room, he had never slept in a Pokemon Center before.

The trainer looked over in the corner of the Pokemon Center, where a little booth had been built up quickly. The sign read 'POKEMON ADOPTION STATION' and a man in an apron was on duty. "Uh, are these Pokemon free?" Yip asked the man, eyeing a Skiddo who was frolicking a few feet away.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 6:00 am

"Oh, yes, of course--" Before Nurse Joy could even reply, the boy had walked off, and she frowned. How incredibly rude. She got back to her work, deciding that if he came back, she'd reprimand him before allowing his lodgings. Children needed discipline, and when journeying, their parents were hardly there to do it.

"Yeah, that's why they're up for adoption!" The man replied, looking at the Skiddo. She was a happy one, despite her abandonment. Not all could be out of their ball, though, given their sizes and temperaments. "Why? Which one did you want?" Of course, the keeper had a theory.
Yip
Yip

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 6:13 am

Yip glanced at the man. "Could I have that Skiddo?" He asked him. She'll be useful against Brock - and Misty as well. He thought to himself. "She looks like a good solid Pokemon to have on a team." Yip told the adoption-guy.

Yip took a few steps towards the Skiddo, waiting for either the man to tell him to step back, or for the Skiddo to come to him. He expected the former, but he hoped it would be the latter that would come into play.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 6:00 am

"Yeah, sure. Skiddo!" The man called. The easygoing creature looked up, blinking up at the keeper. He gestured to Yip, and her eyes followed the human's hand over to the trainer, eyes lighting up with hope. It was like one could see right through her leafy collar and the different coloured furs to see her elated heart. She was wishful. Please, please, pick me! With a few energetic clops, Skiddo had approached Yip and Pikachu, who was possibly even more curious than the adoptee. "Pika, piii?" Pikachu looked down at Yip, as if expecting some sort of information. Skiddo let out a pleasant few bleats, lifting her nose upwards, sniffing and greeting politely. "She is a solid team player. Good personality, too, I'd be shocked if you had any problems there. She's a sweetheart."
Yip
Yip

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 3:37 pm

Yip nodded. "Pikachu, Skiddo here is going to travel with us," Yip said excitedly. He kneeled down, pulling out the last of his bread for the Skiddo. "Here you go, I was wondering if you would be hungry." Yip explained as he reached the bread out to the Skiddo. "Pikachu, don't be mean to Skiddo. She's our friend." Yip ordered. He was afraid Pikachu might start yelling at it and insulting it.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 7:22 pm

"Pika, pika." Pikachu answered, sounding surprisingly cheerful at the prospect. Skiddo sniffed the bread before quietly munching through it, her tongue catching at the trainer's fingertips. At the next warning, Pikachu complained. She wasn't that much of a bully, get a trip! She thumped him on the head with her paw, although it wasn't that hard.

"It looks like you have a character up there! She seems a happy thing, too." The keeper laughed, going through his Poke Balls until he found Skiddo's, giving it to Yip. "Skiddo's all yours, so take good care of her. I don't want to find out that she's ended up in one of these places again!"
Yip
Yip

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Yip nodded. "'Course," He replied, grabbing Skiddo's Pokeball from the man. "And thanks." He finished. Yip trudged back over to the Nurse Joy, whose expression seemed to go from cheerful, to cross, to cheerful again as he walked over. Had he done something wrong?

"E-Excuse me... uh, could I please, uhm, have a room, or at least some kind of bed?" He asked, his voice quiet and small, as he got the feeling Joy wasn't too joyful about his return to the counter.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Yip had read her exactly right, and although Nurse Joy normally kept herself neutral or cheerful, she gave him a stern look as he greeted her. At least he had picked up that something was wrong, "You can, young man, once you apologise." She began, her voice cross and maternal, "Adopting a Pokemon is a wonderful thing and I applaud you for what you did. However, you don't just talk to a person, ignore them and walk away. It's extremely rude. So in future, you must remember your manners. Being out of your family home or school is no excuse to let them slack! Manners are important all through life, do you understand?"
Yip
Yip

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 8:30 pm

Yip's head slumped, his cheeks red from embarrassment. "Sorry." He said quietly. He meant it, but he didn't want to say it too loud, lest he draw more attention from some of the others who were sitting with their Pokemon. He slumped beneath the counter, only allowing his eyes to stay visible. "Um..." He started, his words trailing off at the awkwardness of the moment.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 8:33 pm

"Good, thank you." Nurse Joy said, letting her voice lighten by just a slight note, "But yes, we do have rooms available, so Chansey will show you to one. And we do serve breakfast and other foods, so make sure you wake up bright and early, or you might miss out!" She added, Chansey exiting the counter with a sweet ring of her name, beginning to lead Yip and Pikachu away.
Yip
Yip

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 8:49 pm

Yip motioned for Skiddo to follow, having not returned him to his Pokeball yet. After passing 10 to 15 rooms, the Chansey finally stopped at one of the doors. "Chansey!" It shouted cheerfully, pointing at the door. Yip nodded. "Thank you." He told it, deciding to try to be a bit more respectful after the Nurse Joy encounter.

Yip opened the door, letting out a loud creak as he entered the dark room. He fumbled around with the light switch for a second, trying to turn it on. He finally managed to hit it, letting light overflow the white room. The room had two beds, intricately designed carpet, a small window, a desk with a lamp with a TV on it, and a bathroom on the side. Yip set down his pack on one of the beds. He finally got the courage to pry Pikachu off his head, as he grabbed some clothes and walked into the bathroom. A few minutes later a shower could be heard. After about 10 minutes, Yip walked out in his pajamas and fell on the bed, crashing for the night.

A few hours later, Yip woke up, to find a Pikachu laying comfortably on his face. He sputtered for a second, trying to communicate for it to get off, as he couldn't see anything. Fortunately, the Pikachu had taken enough care to make sure he could breathe.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Skiddo was content to curl up on the floor, probably something that she was used to doing, until Pikachu communicated for her to do otherwise. There were two beds, after all, and the grass-goat seemed perplexed as she glanced to it, concerned her hooves might ruin the material. "Pika, pika pika pikachu!" She ranted, pointing again to the bed. Skiddo had no need to be uncomfortable, and deserved a bed all to herself. Concerned about waking Yip, she quietly bleated her thanks before hopping up, shifting positions until she was finally comfortable. Looking over, Skiddo was mildly amused - Pikachu had settled on the human's face. What a queer thing it was.

And of course, the electric mouse needed Yip to be able to breathe! She wasn't ending up in one of those adoption pens! A bit annoyed that her beauty sleep had been interrupted, the Pokemon shook her head like a dog trying to dry fur, eventually laughing at the state of him. He needed to sort himself out! Silly person. Giggling more, she ran over to join the snoozing Skiddo, who awoke and nuzzled her as the Pokemon buried its static head into her leaves, intrigued. She remained quiet, however, looking over at her new owner with a serene smile.
Yip
Yip

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 9:10 pm

As the Pikachu jumped off his face, Yip let out a sigh of relief. He dragged himself out of bed and got into a change of clothes in the bathroom. He quickly repacked his things and was at the door. "Come on, you two." He said as he dashed out the door, finding that the food was already being packed up. Yip looked on in horror as he dashed around, trying to get as much food as possible before it was all put away. He quickly grabbed a bit of Pizza for the two Pokemon, and a few tiny cups of ketchup for Pikachu, since the Pokemon seemed to like it.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Pikachu was content to ride on Skiddo's back, clutching onto the necklace of foliage as the Skiddo purposely bounced along, getting giggles from the mouse. What they walked into, however, was perplexing as Nurse Joy and Chansey watched with distress as trainers fought over a buffet table. Yip had joined the fray, and the Pokemon duo stared.

"Humans," Pikachu complained in her own tongue, Skiddo glancing back at her. The poor thing was obviously confused, "Just leave them to it."
Yip
Yip

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Yip finally got out of the fray and sat down at an unoccupied table, picking the two Pokemon up, putting Skiddo on a chair and Pikachu on top of the table. He set some Pizza out for them, and gave Pikachu the ketchup. "You guys need anything else? I don't think there will be anything left, though..." Yip told them, biting his lip. Yip grabbed a muffin from his plate and ate it quietly, taking a sip of water to wash it down. Then he ate some cereal and finished with a pancake. He was hungry because he gave most of his food to Pikachu and Skiddo yesterday.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Pikachu was quite happy to plop down and munch on the pizza, although Skiddo obviously wasn't so sure. She sniffed at the carb before beginning to munch, a little puzzled. Moments later, Nurse Joy was over again, and she set down two bowls of Pokemon food. Skiddo's looked different to Pikachu's, as it had more juice and sap in it.

"Feeding pizza to a Skiddo is definitely not a good idea, even if she does end up liking it. For both Pokemon, it isn't the healthiest option." She chided softly, Pikachu continuing to eat her pizza. Skiddo nudged her slice over to her team mate, opting for the new mixture instead, "You need to learn to look after your Pokemon better, or they're going to end up getting sick. As a beginner trainer, you're going to make mistakes, but try to learn all about the Pokemon that you meet. That's the key to becoming the best."
Yip
Yip

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 9:42 pm

Yip grumbled something about how she was acting like his mom, but nodded reluctantly anyway. "Okay. Sorry." He muttered to the Joy. He allowed the Joy to feed the Pokemon, since she clearly knew more about a Pokemon's health than he did. After the meal, Yip returned Skiddo, apologizing to the Pokeball. "Sorry, but you won't have to walk, this way."

He started walking towards the exit of the Pokemon center, putting away his plate and throwing away the crumbs of his meal. He started walking North, towards the mouth of Route 2 and Viridian Forest.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 10:04 pm

On the way to Viridian Forest, there was an old man heckling trainers as to how to catch Pokemon in the grass, loitering by the overpowered Trainer House. There was a huge tree which led to the eastern section of the route, if one could get around it, but heading north towards the forest, there was an interruption in the long grass as a Nidoran female burst forth. Pikachu gasped from atop Yip's head, surprised by the sudden appearance of the level ten poison type.
Yip
Yip

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 10:20 pm

Yip gasped. He just stood there for several seconds before realizing he was a trainer now. "Pikachu, go!" He shouted as the electric mouse jumped down, preparing to battle. "Pikachu, use Volt Tackle!" He ordered.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 11:44 pm

Fearlessly, Pikachu charged on the older Pokemon, her whole body electrified. Her speed was swifter than Nidoran's, who failed to dodge, but didn't come out paralysed. As it was, the opponent had a double advantage given her rivalry ability, which raised the poison type's attack and special attack when facing a female. Recovering from the assault, Nidoran growled and then tackled forward, hoping to slam into Pikachu with her whole body and then strike four times with double kick!
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2   Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2 - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

Route 1, Viridian City, and Route 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next