HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Being bad. Team Rocket Style.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Dragon Kurai

Being bad. Team Rocket Style.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being bad. Team Rocket Style.    Being bad. Team Rocket Style.  H6Q0F8zSat Feb 15, 2014 11:22 pm

It's hard to read your suggestion and not say no. I am one for believing that there should be an evil group; however, there are so many things wrong in this suggestion that I see...

The first, and major issue, of this suggestion is the following; how the heck are we going to track all of the stolen pokemon? Is there going to be a flag in a user's trainer application saying [stolen by <user> of team rocket] or what? Another major issue I see is what of the hierarchy of this organization? Are the members going to willy-nilly jump into trainers' topics and just do whatever they please?

The next major issue is with the taking of user pokemon. You state that upon the pokemon being taken, the member of the team is inable to leave the region for a month in real time; however, here's my beef with this. With RP being so open-ended, it is entirely possible to logically evade the user who's pokemon was stolen a month... And after that, they can flee to another region... This risks a huge chance of the pokemon stolen never being seen again, as I see only one method of recovery; re-battling the same member that took the pokemon... If you never encounter that member again for whatever reason, then you can't get your pokemon back, and its stuck away from the trainer for a long time... This would surely wreck people's rp.

Allowing the users of the team to openly break into users' topics can also break multiple rules set on topic tags. If I state that a moderator is the only person allowed, then some other user breaks in and begins rummaging the topic, this breaks the rule set to protect the topic.

I suppose the one issue that wrecks this entire suggestion is this though; what if I don't want the team in my topic? What if I just want to RP on my own storyline, on my own time, without interferance of outside source? I see you write of other evil acts that could be committed, but here's my beef; what if you destroy a pokemon gym? If my goal were to beat all the gyms, then how can I do that if there's a gym wrecked? It isn't really possible.

The way I see it, even though this would be something good to think on severely and detail, I disagree 99%. I don't want my pokemon stolen and it have a chance to never be seen again, and I partially believe that the idea as its presented would be forcing something on others that may not want it.

Simple opinion: I disapprove this idea
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Being bad. Team Rocket Style.    Being bad. Team Rocket Style.  H6Q0F8zSat Feb 15, 2014 11:48 pm

Quote :
But without the ability to do anything suggested an evil group has no power or ability to do anything whcih goes against being an evil group.
I never said that the evil group would be powerless; however, I disagree entirely with the system and I how see it ending up. You're saying it's possible a user can lose their pokemon; even if its not the biggest chance, it's there, and it can happen. I would vote on the pokemon just being returned if the team member left, but this would result in an entire reworking of what you have.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Being bad. Team Rocket Style.    Being bad. Team Rocket Style.  H6Q0F8zSun Feb 16, 2014 5:23 am

I'm going to start hammering down some nails here.

1. Pokemon theft has occurred only with Team Rocket, Team Plasma, and Team Galactic. In each instance, only one "evil" team, and I use that word subjectively, planned to keep the Pokemon and use them indefinitely. That was Team Rocket. Galactic wanted to collect energy, and Plasma stole Pokemon under the pretense of liberating them. Team Flare, as ridiculous as they were had the right idea. Lets steal us some Pokeballs, Great Balls, and Ultra Balls to capture Pokemon. The theft of Pokemon doesn't have to be the centre of what an evil organization is about. In fact, there's plenty of development one can do outside of just "stealing Pokemon." Look at Magma and Aqua. They were at war with each other. They wanted to change the very landscape of the world, which would upset any balance that the world had. Plasma was more effective when they didn't steal Pokemon. If they had've been kept that way but still retained that sense of villainous air, they would've appeared to actually have a rather good point and planted doubt into the minds of many trainers. So my point here, is that though Pokemon Theft can lead to character development, there are other ways to entice character development via the activities of an evil organization.

2. World Response. It's easier to deal in a region, but it becomes a stressful challenge to garner and keep the attention of trainers from several different regions. I would love to see this be successful, but you are more oriented towards having Pokemon Theft being the focal point of this. This ties in with my above point, because the actions of the organisation need to gain notoriety and infamy. It's not easy maintaining interesting in an organisation that spans several regions without dedicated members of the organisation keeping up appearances and causing interference throughout the many regions.

3. On the subject of Topic Tags. There's also OOC notes people should pay attention to as well. Some private topics may state "PM for permission to join", meaning that though it's not open, you're welcome to try and present a plot to someone in their private topic. Some people like to have a posting order which might be stated there, others might have notices of absences. I don't think we use stuff like that too often though, but it's something to keep in mind.

4. @Matt. Even if a gym was to be destroyed, it wouldn't impede anything at all. Just go have a Pokemon Battle outside while it's being repaired. Gym Leaders are easily replaced, and I'm seriously not joking. We could easily just present an NPC with reasonably appropriate Pokemon in their party. Oh look I did a really positive suggestion.

5. Going into detail about Pokemon Theft, as the first instance my post mentioned it was simply for plot convenience. Let's face it, the person who takes the Pokemon would not be given control over that Pokemon. That Pokemon would not simply "lose all hope." It would likely fight back and try to get to it's trainer. Well within reason that stolen Pokemon don't immediantly obey you, thus control of said Pokemon should remain with the original owner before it was stolen. The changing of control is something that should be worked on. I've given you a very fair method of being able to steal Pokemon at this point, but how the Pokemon come to obey the new master is on you.

6. Trainer Classes. I would seriously like to see Trainer Classes themselves reworked to provide more rewarding effects on the role-playing experiences here. Breeders have it pretty good right now, but Coordinators were brought up about not having a contest system. Trainers don't really have anything special or even any type specialties outside of say, Dragon Tamer. Gym Leaders needs to be revised if it is going to stay, and Ghost is just a spirit playing trainer. Elementalists were created alongside Ealora and walk a very tight rope because if Ealora is ever taken down, they'll go too. And then there's Aura trainers. These bastards need to be revised ten-fold, because not only are they multipurpose, but can essentially read a character's alignment and act accordingly. They are the only legitimate trainer class that can use any kind of special attack here., and by legitimate I mean canon.

In short, as much as I like the idea and concept, the focal point from the beginning should not have been the theft of Pokemon. Had it been presented in a much more agreeable manner and then, later down the road say that the idea was brought up, and discussed in much detail then I would've likely been perfectly okay with fighting for this. This doesn't mean I'm outright saying no either. I'd like to see more thought put into the concept, and not to be "Team Rocket". Take the possibilities and build upon them. It's not appealing to us when the biggest point and lengthiest detail you give us is a Pokemon Theft system, which in and of itself has loopholes that can be exploited like the rules and systems of this site.
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator
Location : Definitely not in the cupboard... what i said not in the cupboard go away!

PostSubject: Re: Being bad. Team Rocket Style.    Being bad. Team Rocket Style.  H6Q0F8zSun Feb 23, 2014 6:50 pm

I also, disapprove of this idea as, I feel it could create bad feelings and tension between members to have their hard-earned and trained pokemon stolen from them therefore another disapproval.

Approvals: 0
Undecided: 1 (Kristoff)
Disapprovals: 2 (Outright Disapprovals: Fenrisulfr, Markj1998)
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being bad. Team Rocket Style.    Being bad. Team Rocket Style.  H6Q0F8z

Being bad. Team Rocket Style.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1