HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disrespect

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Pit
Pit

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zSun Nov 24, 2013 3:05 am

It's a very big problem. Here on this forum, disrespect is thrown around unnoticed, and no matter oh throws it at who, I'm absolutely sick of it. We need to fix it. Mods don't care, Admins don't care, MiT users and normal users don't care. But I do.

My idea is that we follow a few steps to solve this.
1: The scrolling message on top of the page. Add something like "No disrespect, please", or similar.
2: Make an announcement.
3: Warn any users caught disrespecting, and most certainly not just the ones that had more disrespect. Disrespect is disrespect.

Everyone needs to stop using it regularly, like it was a thing that doesn't matter. I'm tired of wing disrespected, being falsely accused of disrespecting, being pushed into disrespecting, and seeing other people disrespected. End it now.

End PWRPG disrespect! We can stand against it!

#EndPWRPGDisrespect
Doragon

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zSun Nov 24, 2013 6:50 am

Dat's mah shadow QQ, he learns so quickly, makes me proud.

But yeah, as Shadow said, Staff barely care, but I can tell you, unless we got a big change of staff, or staff personality, you won't get any long-term results, and you can see that Shadow agrees that people shouldn't be rude, but no one else so far. So either we've had major inactivity, or people see you as a preaching nutcase

Personally, I think its the latter
Bryan
Bryan

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zSun Nov 24, 2013 6:55 am

I am a Moderator-in-Training and I do care about this. Disrespecting and its various forms is starting to be very common around here. I will not name those who do it a lot but it just happens too frequently. It is the main reason why fights and unfavorable arguments keep popping in various places.

This forum is created for entertainment purposes only. A place where people can forget their real life problems and have fun and mingle with others. Those who show disrespect should be punished. Based on experience, the staff members barely do anything about this. You'll have to keep bugging them about it before they even act. They should be very strict about this because a simple act of disrespecting can affect the peace here and our reputation to guests and new members who see the disrespect and its various forms.

Pit said, "1: The scrolling message on top of the page. Add something like "No disrespect, please", or similar."
No. Just, no. Knowing the people around here, that will be completely useless and pointless. What I suggest can be done here is revise the rules about disrespecting and be strict about it.

In general, I support this suggestion.

Last edited by Anarchy on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:56 am; edited 4 times in total
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zSun Nov 24, 2013 8:11 am

Disrespect Celestia%20Look%20at%20all%20the%20fucks%20I%20give

Okay, seriously I want everyone to just stop. I don't even know who to chew out first, Pitt for blowing this shit out of proportion or Kai for even insisting to continue this. First of all, I guess I will address the rules.

Point Number One - The Rules.

Seriously there is no reason for this to say respect. By definiton, respect is either something you give because you feel that person deserves it, or you're one of those people who tries to please everyone. No, no you're wrong you bastard. You do not respect everyone because simply put, there are people who you just cannot bring yourself to respect. I should know, I've been around for three years and there's literately a handful of people I respect left around here and I could probably number them off with one hand. So instead of trying to be this false stereotype of how nice Canadians are, lets be realistic for a bit. We don't always have respect for other people, that's true. If we did well, a word like tolerance wouldn't be more appropriate that respect. This leads into point number two.

Point Number Two - Tolerance Versus Respect.

Oh hello, the word tolerance is much more appropriate than respect? Why you ask? Why is this word much better that tolerance? Why should I respect what you're saying in the slightest? Well clearly I'm tolerating the bullshit topic that was posted up with little thought. Tolerance is a wonderful thing, because you don't openly attack people you hate or do not show respect to, you just live with their existence and don't do anything bad. Something you know that people who are opposed to gay marriage can't tolerate is gays getting married? See what I did there? Respect is a word that simply put, is used like no one has any idea what it means. Like rape, oops. But mistakes happen don't they? I don't respect people who are, say, feminists because I don't really agree with all of their views and how they operate. That doesn't mean I don't consider women equal to myself, perhaps more. By the way we don't respect or tolerate rapists unless they've been falsely accused.

Point Number Three - Loosely Defined.

The word respect is loosely defined and often thrown out without any regards. But lets be real, that's the English Language for you. The second hardest language in the world and we have this god awful word like respect. Now don't get me wrong I use this word to, but only when it applies. For example, I do not respect or tolerate Homestuck. But put me in a room full of people from the Homestuck fandom and I'll tolerate it out of respect for the fact that I know how to be the better man usually. I've seen people just up and start insulting things and I've done it myself, albiet that I was tricked in the first place by my friends. But I have no respect for something I don't like. Sure, I might respect the fact that it's achieved something but in no regards does that mean I have to like it or be nice towards it. I hate the PS4 but I applaud how strong its been since its debut into the console world. ******* controllers.

Point Number Four - Celestia's Banana Song.

Point Number Four Point Five - A Word From Celestia.

Disrespect 3qaool

Point Five - This Topic Is Over.

Yes yes, the topic is over. I don't care what you post in response to this I will serious slap more pointless videos and images if you do. It was painful to read Pitt's hypocritical style in this topic and equally so to see Kai wasting his/her time her in this topic. I hope we all learned a valuable ******* lesson today because you are both just being pointless. This topic has no relevancy and that's the honest truth because whether or not someone of thing is deserving of respect falls down to the individual person(s) in question. You cannot demand respect if you haven't earned it in someone else's eyes, and you certainly can't expect everyone to be respectful to each other. However you need to be god damn well tolerant to each other's existence and opinions before you set each other off.
Bryan
Bryan

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zSun Nov 24, 2013 8:58 am

Just to let people know: There used to be an argument here between Pit and Kai Raiko. However, I've requested Bee to delete those posts. I strongly suggest people to focus on Pit's suggestion and disregard everything that has nothing to do with it.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zSun Nov 24, 2013 10:06 am

You ruined my post by asking him to delete all those posts.
Bryan
Bryan

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zSun Nov 24, 2013 12:06 pm

Well, if it wasn't deleted, people could talk about it and completely ignore what this topic is all about. And that argument will never finish.
Tsu
Tsu

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zSun Nov 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Respect is earned, not thrown around like AIDS. People choose to disrespect you probably because they see you as a preaching nutcase as somebody said before, and you can stop by respecting them back.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zMon Nov 25, 2013 1:11 am

A while ago, when all of the pointless fighting sprung up, I proposed a warning system to be used to end arguments and attacks on other members, though it is still up for conversation. Based on what others have said, perhaps disrespect is a bad word to use, as hostility may be a better substitute. Though staff action can be bumped up in better enforcement, the best way to end hostility is to start with yourself. Be sure to think before you type, and don't become fuel for the fire. As I've said many times before, it's very hard to fight with someone who doesn't respond back. As such, it's also good to hear both sides of a disagreement, and instead of flaming everyone you've found yourself in a fight with, calm the conversation and allow both sides to be said. If necessary, bring in someone outside the argument who can assist to find a compromise or offer an unbiased decision. The staf is here for that, we don't take pleasure in unnessescarily banning people who won't stop fighting, but if it can't be helped, we can start doing just that.

So, generally, I don't believe respect is a word to use, but we can avoid petty flame and arguments if all members act reasonably and don't fuel things on. It starts with you, then the staff if necessary.

Oh, and as a response to Free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z7UnO66q9w
break994
break994

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zMon Nov 25, 2013 11:08 pm

I'm gonna keep this post short and sweet so.
We remake the rules with members suggestions.
This could greatly effect the site.
Because while we're moaning about areas of the rules.
We could reorganise the rules and make chatbox rules more enforced.
And I believe though respect is t the wrong word but disrespectful is right for example people being disrespectful is bad but it's optional whether people respect each other or not

Last edited by break994 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan
Bryan

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zTue Nov 26, 2013 6:23 am

Okay, just sharing my experience and advice here, Pit. Recently I got myself in a mess with a German guy in Facebook. And I'm starting to remember Doragon and EpicBoss99's teachings.

I've learned that if someone disrespects you, you should never bite back. What you should do is ignore that person, read what he/she says but don't respond. For example, the two of you are in the chat box, keep letting him/her talk. Copy the conversation and send it to a staff member and give as much details as you can. Let them do the action. Fight while hiding in the shadows.

However, the horrible attention of the staff towards these issues is the one that should be improved here.
Stocking Anarchy
Stocking Anarchy

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zTue Nov 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Well, disrespect is bullying in a manner. So ya, BAN BAN BAN! lol
Bryan
Bryan

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zThu Nov 28, 2013 6:07 am

*coughs*

So, can we have a word from the staff? Thanks.
Starrunner
Arceus +
Starrunner
Arceus +

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zThu Nov 28, 2013 2:21 pm

Okkay i guess its my turn to post.

Shadow wrote:
However, the horrible attention of the staff towards these issues is the one that should be improved here.
We are not parents of those members and we can't educate/raise/discipline them and change their rudeness and what not. And banning doesn't seem to fix the problem too cuz they will use proxies as you do shadow and act the same way and maybe spam the hell out of the forum because of the rage.
Think of it like this ( You're doing an important project for the school and you are very proud of it, and suddenly i come and just because im mad or whatever and i simply destroy it, thats the same if you are spamming the forum ) process: someone bans you > you make new account > apologize > spamm > someone bans you and so in the circle.

That goes with other things like: rudeness, disrespect etc.. So yeah simply deal with it, and do what ever you can to make it less efficient.
Bryan
Bryan

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zThu Nov 28, 2013 3:17 pm

I expected that reaction after that incident last time. Myst, if that comment towards the staff sounded rude, I guess I should apologize. Fact is, not every one here knows that secret nor even know where to find those. But now they do, because you just told them. And I'm seriously not saying you just pathetically let out a loophole. Don't get me wrong.

And yeah, that's totally how my spamming goes. Guess I'm a hypocrite to be even supporting this idea here honestly...

Last edited by Anarchy on Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zThu Nov 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Quote :
So, can we have a word from the staff? Thanks.
What am I, chopped liver :P
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zFri Nov 29, 2013 3:13 am

For the record I hope you all enjoy the images I employed for this post. Thank you.

@Kare - Oh my god. I seen that video before and it kinda scares me. I mean I'm part of that fandom and I just..... wow. But anyway on the topic of this topic, you actually agreed with whatever point was hidden within my wall of bullshit, at least that respect isn't the word to use,
Quote :
"So, generally, I don't believe respect is a word to use...."
I mean hell, if we wanna turn this into a contest of who doesn't get respect well I think there has been quite a few people who didn't really respect me, and there are probably even more now. But that's just what I think.

Disrespect Timon-hugs

@Goddski - Thank you for preaching one of my points in a more obvious manner. I'm glad we see eye-to-eye on this. I fully expect that next time I see you in the chat it will involve me being utterly confused by your unwanted or unprovoked jokes.

Disrespect 6004515698_95885f1a81

@break994 - I'm going here and you aren't going to like it. Nothing personal in the slightest, just business as one might say. It's not just "easy" to remake the rules. There are many, many things that have to be taken into consideration and be covered, because lets be real our rules are quite vague and often can be completely ignored through the use of sub-text and a larger vocabulary.

Disrespect 294443__UNOPT__safe_animated_licking_artist-mixermike622_pie_fluffle-puff_515c44967f123b1b5400030f

@retrogamer123 - If you only planned to post one sentence and then proceed to encourage us to ban, I know exactly which singular person I would gladly ban at this very moment. Next time, try to before relevant and understanding to the situation at hand, instead of giving out a poor opinion on the matter that was seeming thoughtless.

Disrespect Picard_gtfo

@Mystogan - As much as Shadow/Anarchy is the prime example of what we would rather avoid, this situation is different than that situation as I recall and had a series of events where the staff and Shadow consistently fought and one side eventually broke the other. If I do say, and say I shall, the staff are responsible for the site and it's members, we are responsible for handling discipline where it is necessary and appropriate, but not blind or biased. It isn't our job to educate them on their behaviour, no it certainly isn't a staff's job. But you should feel obligated to set an example, or at least help them be more understanding of others. Yes there will be times when people are persistent in being "in the wrong" and that's when the line needs to drawn and the issue dealt with in a reasonable fashion in regards to the issue itself.

Disrespect Th_Trollestia

@Anarchy - To me, the past is the past and you should know that by now. I don't judge you specifically by your past actions because I know how little effort the rest of the staff made after that first incident. Time and time again you opened my eyes to how the staff handled their problems and unfortunately, I have to insult the generation of staff that I was apart of in how they handled issues. We were all quite immature, I mean I'm 18 now, most of this happened when I was 15-16, maybe even around when I was 14. Even then I knew that some things were out of hand yet all I got in the end was a bad reputation and a tyrannical view. I think everyone else walked away with little dirt on their name, the exception being Luna/Mew.

Disrespect T7AuiYv

@All - People often act upon misconceptions and I am no exception to this. You can't assume someone has respect for you when the literal definition of respect, as Goddski wrote out, is something that is earned, not thrown around. As I said myself, tolerance may be a better word in lieu of the word respect. For example I may not personal like Mystogan, whether that be because I know little about him or if I happen to have a different view on something he has done, I may voice it. But I still respect him for the work he's done on the site and the fact that he originally made this site and I got my own chance to put work into this site. But then you look at someone like, lets say for example any of the following: SaxAppeal, Hakudoshi, SlipperyFish, DarkSuicune98, Markj1998, Kitty, and Protomoan.EXE. I know next to nothing about them and even though they are staff members, I don't know if I should give them respect because I know nothing of their accomplishment on this site or in real life. I don't give any reasons why people should give me respect, it's all their personal choice.

I believe the best course of action is for people to loose their assumptions of what the word respect really means, before we allow misconceptions to get the better of us and throw our judgement like an act of all out war. We haven't come here to all be friends, we're simply like-minded people with similar interests, that being Pokemon typically.

Spoiler:
Bryan
Bryan

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zFri Nov 29, 2013 5:18 am

Uhh...

Has anybody seen the Like button?
Starrunner
Arceus +
Starrunner
Arceus +

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zFri Nov 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Yes. I do understand what you're trying to say, but sometimes its just too much. I didn't say shadow is the worst, i just used him as an example of how pointless banning is. And as for understanding, guiding, understanding, sexual orientation lets completely re-build the forum and name it Pokefan Association for Sociology and Human behavior: We are here to help you solve your personal problems (social, psychological, sexual etc..) **** everything else :3

hows that?
Bryan
Bryan

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zSat Nov 30, 2013 4:17 am

That's a nice way to exaggerate things. No offense.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zSat Nov 30, 2013 11:11 am

You clearly didn't understand what I was saying if you were willing to blow things that far out of proportion. I understood your example but its an example that is used far too often and in the wrong context, because the fault is also the on the staff members at those times as well for not dealing with it appropriately and Shadow/Anarchy being well, an ass. But seriously Mystogan, you've misinterpreted what I meant when I replied. I went as far to say no, it isn't a staff's job to teach. But I can easily be proven wrong because the staff are supposed to know the rules of the forum and should generally be able to set a good moral example most of the time. (Yeah I know gave that moral shit up long ass time ago.) But the only thing I explicitly implied in my paragraph responding to you about what the staff are in relation to this, was that they are responsible for the site and it's members, which no matter how you look at it or how a staff member goes about being a staff member, as long as their doing something positive with their @ like moderating topics they're being responsible for the site. If you want to blow things out of proportions I can certainly, and willingly go into great detail about how that wouldn't work and why there are varying degrees to different solutions but frankly I feel that typing this at around 6:00AM alone if enough for me.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Bryan
Bryan

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zSat Nov 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Call 1-800-FELLA and order an entire cookie jar for my fella Kronos. Anyway...

I'm addressing this to everyone in the staff:
I've given up on you.

That's all I'm going to say. Be offended those who will be. I don't care anymore. I have deep respect for Doragon and his teachings as well as to EpicBoss99 and that's the sole reason why I'm not dropping anything else here that's chaotic.

I'm just going to do my job as an MiT and serve these members to the best I can.

P.S.: Remember to remove the Suggestions forum. It's totally useless if you staff members will never take anything from it. Or better, rename it to "Suggestions That Will Never Be Heard".
Starrunner
Arceus +
Starrunner
Arceus +

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zSat Nov 30, 2013 4:30 pm

@Free I did not brought stuff out of proportion, because recently all problems that we have are personal type. And everyone here is overemotional and touchy [ I don't say its not ok, but the real world is cruel and if you are wuss you're nowhere]. Anyway, I do agree that staff should put an example of basic behavior and moral. Like I said there are people that wont listen to you and they will keep on coming back and ruin things. The point is that everyone shall have bonton, basic knowledge of moral and social behavior and thats it. If opposite what? We keep on banning and trying to reason them?

@Anarchy Tell me how many chances you've been given? If I were you i would say 'thank you' to whoever allowed you to be even be MIT. And not everyone here is a no-lifer, meaning we are busy and have other things to do. Personally I do not have time to check all of the forums, and i do agree that staff should check this section more often. But removing it? How about no.

That is my opinion, Kare is in charge for it. And if she thinks that im doing everythign wrong she can remove my staff position.
Bryan
Bryan

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8zSat Nov 30, 2013 5:51 pm

My fellas in the staff, don't get me wrong. You all are doing your job right and to the best you can, I can see that. And no, I'm not kissing your butts just because you're my friends, it's not that.

Anyway, picture this: There's this castle of glass the people call staff. It looks really beautiful. But then there's this little crack on it. Which took its entire beauty away.

Go figure. I'm out of here.

Last edited by Anarchy on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sponsored content

Disrespect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disrespect   Disrespect H6Q0F8z

Disrespect
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon World Forum :: General Information :: Support Hub :: Resolved Suggestions-
Jump to: