HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Helping out NPC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Protoman.EXE
Protoman.EXE

Helping out NPC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 30, 2013 12:46 pm

If people could edit their own info, that'd get waaay out of hand. Unless you mean a profile update thread, where you ask for your profile to be updated.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Aug 31, 2013 4:38 am

I'm actually quite fond of each of my active characters. Only one is meant to grow in the traditional, as you say, 'battle on and on' style. Since I decided to retire Artemis (really need to update my signature XD), all I have are Yoku, Lyre, and Evangeline. Lyre hates the use of Pokemon and despises most trainers, a character I love to RP as and play around with, and Evangeline is a scientific experiment on the run with companions just as unique as she. I like the ability to have multiple characters, because it lets us expand into characters and personalities we couldn't fit into just one person. You can choose to only have one character, but don't make every member lose that choise.

As for liquid instead of linear time, I already droned on about how I was against the idea in a different suggestion. If you can't find it, I'll edit in a link...
PikachuGuy
PikachuGuy

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Aug 31, 2013 4:47 am

Hmm, I see your point. I guess during the summer, there are enough mods for everyone to have up to 4 characters, but when school comes around, some mods have to leave.

So maybe this site just stays less active during the school months?
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Aug 31, 2013 3:49 pm

You don't seem to realize that not every idea gets accepted.
Protoman.EXE
Protoman.EXE

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Aug 31, 2013 5:18 pm

Ok for whoever reads spark's post, don't retaliate. It'll just go on forever and he'll say that he didn't start anything in the end. It's not worth it.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Aug 31, 2013 5:19 pm

You realize you just replied, right?
break994
break994

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Sep 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Hana when the limit of 4 came in their were complaints if their were limits of 2 this site would pretty much die.
The mods do have a lot of work but if they can't handle that post they will drop itand allow another mod to take over.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 11, 2013 12:23 am

Disrespect to staff^

Sometimes staff aren't even picked for topics on some sites. Some are picked specifically for the chat. ALSO, don't you understand that some people have things that make modding difficult?
Protoman.EXE
Protoman.EXE

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 11, 2013 12:55 am

What do you mean by difficult? I've literally never heard of a difficult post before.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 11, 2013 1:08 am

Not what I mean. Sometimes people have a hard time doing the posting itself, as opposed to being on chat. It's really reversed for me with my DS.
Protoman.EXE
Protoman.EXE

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 am

Ah, well if they can never post because of this problem, or not post for an extremely long time, they shouldn't really be part of the team. Just my opinion anyways
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 11, 2013 1:23 am

Well, just because they can't post doesn't mean they can't help the site. They can still make decisions and be great mods on the chat.
Protoman.EXE
Protoman.EXE

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 11, 2013 1:26 am

But that's not really what this site needs at the moment. Sure they're great with decisions but if they can't post on a site that runs entirely on the mods and admins posting then it's like having a horse with a broken leg. Sure that horse is a great companion but it's not DOING anything for you.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 11, 2013 2:26 am

Not posting doesn't mean not doing anything to help. Staff can do plenty without posting.
Protoman.EXE
Protoman.EXE

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 11, 2013 6:53 am

Yes but we need more people to post, that's what I'm trying to get at.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 11, 2013 2:45 pm

Yeah.... See here you're one of the reasons I quit the staff here. It doesn't seem to matter what we say to you, or what points other staff bring up, you have more to say. You also can't be directly insulting people, it just doesn't help your cause. But I want to see this topic come to an end, and I know I don't have that power anymore.

Personally, I've never seen a reason for the members of this site to have more than one character. None of us need to have four characters running around, but I've never bothered mentioning this because I knew it would be opposed heavily by members and staff alike. The fact of the matter is, the members who insist to run around with four characters ask too much out of the staff members who have things to do in their own lives. The staff also have their faults, as we should be able to handle our own quota of topics and post with our own character if possible. The first priority of Region Moderators is to moderate topics, it is the second priority for a Global Moderator (Thus, making the Region Moderator position quite redundant and unnecessary. I've proposed before Creation/Region Mods as opposed to how it works now, but no one really cared enough.)

The problem with some staff is that they can get busy. Some of them are stuck in how the site works and won't see that we need to start changing stuff up on here. But yet every time I've tried to make my suggestions about this I'm met with resistance to change. Yes, sure some change is bad, but some is good. It would seem that the ultimate decision of how this site functions is the opinion the majority carry on here. You've raise valid points that wouldn't exist on a regular site if it functions properly. But as much as I can agree with you, I also have my own opinion and I had to previously play passively to the staff game.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Eheheheheh. Rebirth of an intellectual discussion. I don't really think I'll even be of any help here. But just to speak my mind out, here goes. I kinda like her idea. But, I think I'd change a few things in it. I suggest, that members with no powers can mod if needed. ONLY when it's a "there's no hope" situation. Or like, you feel like it's gonna take a millenium for a mod to reply. However, not everyone will be allowed. When people were signing up as a mod, few were not chosen because either they just don't have the mod quality to RP or the staff don't have their trust.

TRUST.

There, allow only a select few to do it. Say, me for example can be a good mod but don't give me the powers. I can go insane. Trust me, you've seen it before. So yeah, hire those "runner ups" as back up mods of sorts. Give them their free will of having a minimum topic to post in (its a must). So they should be able to respond to all that they mod. Their the ones who set up the minimum topics they can carry on their shoulders, anyway.

Now, about the inability to edit Trainer apps. These "runner up mods" MUST be responsible for keeping a copy of whatever has changed but will be applied right away. Say, a Pokemon leveled up. You put that in your copy of the user's trainer and while you may not be allowed to edit the app, you apply the level up in game. And whenever possible, you ask a real mod to edit it out. So it's like, the app may not be updated, but the stuff are passively applied already.

Now don't go throwing at me the "what if they cheat" thing. That's why you select a few trustworthy ones.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Sep 13, 2013 8:05 am

No, like seriously. >.> I always get "you suck go away the idea sucks" thing when I say something... Well, this is a change. Though what didn't change is that when I suggest something, staff seem to ignore it. Like this one. No staff comments when I started speaking. >.>

*throws marshmallows everywhere*
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Sep 13, 2013 9:09 pm

If I hadn't quit, I still wouldn't be going along with this. It's not that its a bad idea, just that it would be far easy to weed out inactive staff, label them inactive and bring in more active members to replace them. It solves more problems than what would happen when the staff activity picks up, if it does.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helping out NPC   Helping out NPC - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

Helping out NPC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next