HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opposite Buddies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Card
Card

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zThu Aug 15, 2013 7:29 am

A boy with scruffy, white hair and pure red eyes was walking out from behind a large building. The building was the laboratory of the famous Pokemon Professor, Professor Birch of the Hoenn Region. He had been spying through a window and found that the man had three starter Pokemon in his possession. The boy could steal one, as the professor was currently asleep, but he decided not to. Turning around on his heel, he began to walk away and onto the road to the next town, Oldale Town.
Sora
Sora

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zThu Aug 15, 2013 7:44 am

There was a girl with hair about neck length. She looked a little sheepish. She is referred to as Momohime. Next to her, keeping up with her every step, is her partner, Yumita, a Zorua. On Momohime's mind were some worries. She was far from Unova, where she could easily go back home if she wanted to. With her history, she thought there was a chance of her constant sickness to happen while she was travelling. Momohime was originally hoping for the travel to get her used to the outdoor environment in an effort to help her body to be able to fight the sickness.

While she had her worries, she also had her desires. She wanted to be able to make friends. She knew it was common for her skittish nature to get the best of her. However, now she was walking on her way to Oldale town. She saw in front of her another person going in the same direction. It was a chance to overcome her barriers! She made an effort to walk faster. When she caught up, she realized she didn't think of what she wanted to say, and was flustered. "Um.." she said, trying to get his attention. She could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks. "It's... really nice out, today.."
Card
Card

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zThu Aug 15, 2013 8:09 am

The boy heard Monohime's voice and turned to face her slowly. His ruby-red eyes were as cold as always, as this was not an exception. Deciding that the girl wasn't a threat, he replied with,
"It is a nice day. Of course, that's because there isn't enough water vapor in the air to form clouds fit for rain and storms. It'll be at least a day or two before it starts to pour. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a town to get to."
He turned around again to leave, looking back at Monohime for one last time.
(She should start crying XD)
Sora
Sora

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zThu Aug 15, 2013 8:19 am

Momohime's face seemed to get even more red. She looked away for a moment. "Uh.. you're right," she said, though she wasn't sure how to respond any other way. "Um.. I was thinking.. maybe we could talk for a bit? I mean... we're going the same direction." As she spoke, her voice wasn't very loud at all. She didn't wait for an answer, fearing that she would be immediately turned away. "I'm Momohime," she said, giving a short bow.
Card
Card

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zThu Aug 15, 2013 11:30 pm

Ruby seemed a bit annoyed that Momohime kept insisting on speaking to him, but decided not to say anything. He analyzed from her actions that she was a very sensitive girl and must be treated as such.
"...I'm Ruby." he said with a somewhat annoyed tone. He didn't like speaking to strangers much, and this girl was no exception. However, if she made one mistake in etiquette, Ruby would be the one to see it and scold her for it. His eyes twinkled with delight at correcting another person's mistake.
Sora
Sora

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zFri Aug 16, 2013 1:44 am

Momohime was actually rather surprised that he answered back. She does not have much confidence in herself, so she finds it hard to speak. She looked at him and kept trying to think of what to say. "So.." she said, her voice still rather quiet. "Whet are you going to do when you get there? Are you going to.. um.." she forgot the name of the town, and tried to recount her thoughts. "Are you going to this next town to do something, or will you just pass through?" No matter how much she tried, she just couldn't keep her eye contact while speaking.
Card
Card

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zFri Aug 16, 2013 4:40 am

"..." Ruby stayed silent for a few seconds, even suddenly stopping. His eyes traveled around the area; as if he heard something and was searching for the source. Ruby put a hand on his two PokeBalls that contained his Pokemon and waited patiently.
Some wild Pokemon is coming straight for us...
He drew up a defensive back stance position, his hands still on his PokeBalls. Hearing rustling to his left, Ruby's eyes managed to glance at his left when some dark figure jumped out from the tall grass nearby, revealing to be a _________ in the light.
Sora
Sora

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zSun Aug 18, 2013 4:29 am

It was a Lv. 15 Cacnea (female)!
OOC:
Moves:
Poison Sting
Leer
Absorb
Growth
Leech Seed
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Serious

IC: The Cacnea must have encountered trainers before this, for when it saw the Pokeballs in Ruby's hand, it suddenly jumped back, preparing itself to fight.

Momohime barely kept herself from screaming, which became more like an exaggerated gasp. "I didn't know Pokemon could be this aggressive," Momohime said. She found that she had tried hiding herself behind Ruby, and moved back a little. "I'm sorry," she said, realizing that she was shouting into his ear. Her face went red once again. It seemed like Ruby was ready for whatever was about to happen. She then noticed there was something else moving from the direction the Cacnea came through. She could not see what it was, though.

((Double Battle? If no, you can just ignore that bit. =3))
Card
Card

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zSun Aug 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Ruby smiled when the Cacnea jumped back; he preferred it when the opponent was willing to fight. Of course, he got annoyed when Momohime tried to hide behind him and nearly dropped his guard. Sending out his first Pokemon, Deshi, he knew that the Cacnea would have a hard time defeating him.
"Deshi! Use Icy Wind!" Ruby yelled, hoping to deal a lot of damage, as well as lower the opponent's Speed stat.

Meanwhile, another wild Pokemon leaped out from where the Cacnea had appeared.
It's a wild Burmy[Plant]!
Burmy
Level 13
Male
Moves:
Protect, Tackle
Sora
Sora

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zMon Aug 19, 2013 1:57 am

The Cacnea was hit by the Icy Wind, and was rather greatly damaged. It fell backwards, but it didn't seem defeated. The Cacnea returned the attack with its Poison Sting.

When Momohime saw the Burmy, she decided to battle, too. "Yumita, you can do this," she said. Immediately, the Zorua leaped to the battlefield to combat the Burmy "Um... use your scratch attack," Momohime said, still a little unfamiliar with what Zorua is able to do.
Card
Card

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zMon Aug 19, 2013 4:32 am

Deshi was hit by the Poison Sting attack, but Ruby seemed to be okay with the fact.
"Come on, Deshi! We just need to deal some more damage." he said, pointing at the weakened Cacnea. The Cubchoo nodded and shook off the attack, and, fortunately for Ruby, was not poisoned.
"Deshi! Use Powder Snow, this time!"

Meanwhile, the Burmy took the Scratch attack, and while it did damage, the Pokemon did not seem too affected. It launched a String Shot attack in an attempt to either immobolize or slow down the Zorua.
Sora
Sora

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zMon Aug 19, 2013 6:15 am

The Cacnea was hit by the powder snow. It seemed like that was as much as the Cacnea could take. Instead of fainting, however, the Cacnea was frozen solid. Now it was just standing there similar to an ice sculpture.
Deshi earned 15 experience!
Deshi grew to Lv. 16!

Yumita had to step to the side quickly to avoid the same fate as the Cacnea. Its instincts were well trained, it seemed. However, while distracted with that, the Burmy's string shot tangled up its legs, and he couldn't move. The Zorua could only struggle with his bonds.

Momohime panicked. "Oh, what do I do?" she dropped to her knees. Was it a bad thing to pull Yumita back and help him? He probably wouldn't like that, she thought to herself.

As Yumita struggled, he finally managed to tear away the strings. However, it took way too long, and left much time for attack opportunities. He was unable to make any moves this turn.
Card
Card

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zMon Aug 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Ruby cheered for himself and Deshi when they defeated the Cacnea and praised the Cubchoo for its performance.
"Great job, Deshi." he said, then turned to see how Momohime was doing. He sighed when he saw that she was struggling to defeat the Burmy.
(lol I just now realized what Momohime meant XD It's something like: Monkey Princess, isn't it? XD)
Meanwhile, the Burmy saw its chance to attack and launched a Tackle attack at Yumita.
(Sorry for short post. XD)
Sora
Sora

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zTue Aug 20, 2013 5:29 am

Momohime panicked. "Look out, Yumita!"

The Zorua heard her, and tried to dodge. It was a futile attempt, as his reflexes had failed. He was recovering from the strain it took to free himself. He was sent hurdling, and landed on his feet in a cat-like way. Now his instincts were back, and he rushed forward with his scratch once more.
Card
Card

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zTue Aug 20, 2013 5:37 am

(Oh, could I have Momohime's App link? XD)

The Burmy managed to dodge the Scratch attack, but was beginning to tire out. It was already tired? That meant that it had probably already fought before. It charged at Yumuta again with a Tackle attack.

Ruby watched carefully with interested eyes. He wanted to see how skilled the girl was with battling. Although, it looked as though this battle was her first. It was almost shameful and pathetic. Of course, it helped when you had to grow up with battling. Ruby started out at a young age. It was only natural for him to be good at battling Pokemon.
Sora
Sora

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zTue Aug 20, 2013 5:51 am

This time, Yumita saw the tackle coming. It jumped when the Burmy should have connected the attack, and came down toward the Burmy, using its Pursuit.
(Link)
Card
Card

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zTue Aug 20, 2013 5:58 am

The Burmy managed to use Protect at the last moment, just barely forming a barrier before Pusuit made its mark. It visibly sighed, then tried another Tackle attack.

Ruby watched the Burmy, just shaking his head in dismay. He wanted to give it a big scolding and then help Momohime properly battle the wild Pokemon, but he held himself back. Deshi was still out of her PokeBall and watched closely, taking in the information and analyzing the battle, just as Ruby had done.
Sora
Sora

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zTue Aug 20, 2013 6:15 am

Yumita had put so much force into his pursuit that when he hit the sudden barrier, Yumita hurt himself with the impact. He bounced off and landed with a roll. He got back up, only to be knocked down again by the Burmy's tackle. The Zorua was tiring as much as the Burmy was, it seemed.

Momohime was so on edge, that she seemed as if she were about to faint as well. It was as if she were the one taking the attacks. "You can do it, Yumita," she said. Her face was completely pale.

Though Yumita was tiring, apparently, it did not slow very much. It lunged at the Burmy, using its scratch once more.
Card
Card

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8zTue Aug 20, 2013 11:22 pm

The Burmy hadn't expected Yumita to strike back so soon and was hit by the Scratch attack, now showing the toll of the attacks. It counterattacked with a Tackle, but was rather sluggish with it, leaving it vulnerable to any more attacks.
(sorry for short post. I have no inspiration XD)
Sponsored content

Opposite Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposite Buddies   Opposite Buddies H6Q0F8z

Opposite Buddies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon World Forum :: Pokémon Role Play :: Pokémon World :: Hoenn Region :: Littleroot Town-
Jump to: