HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The New Kid in Town~!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Sora
Sora

The New Kid in Town~! Empty
PostSubject: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zThu Aug 01, 2013 11:09 pm

[Summary]
Reikechi, an aura trainer who learned he had wind skills, known to others as an Elementalist, and Kaze, more formally known as Kazesa, had travelled here to Hoenn from Johto. It was Reikechi who had let Kaze carry him wherever she wanted to go. It was a great display of trust, indeed. Once they had landed in the endless grassy plains, Kaze was too tired to do much afterward, and she had laid in the grass. There, Rei and Kaze rested together.
[Summary - End]

When Reikechi opened his eyes, it was complete darkness; or so he thought, until he saw that it was actually very dim. In the sky was only a crescent moon. It was late in the evening, and rather warm. He was late to notice that the warmth was all from Kaze with her right wing covering him.

Kaze must have sensed him waking, for she started to stretch herself to loosen her stiffened limbs, which included her wings. The night was a little cooler than he thought, and his body trembled from the sudden exposure to the cool air for  few seconds.Then came that warm lick from Kaze that seemed to instantly end the chill. It had seemed to become Kaze's way of communicating, as she has seemed to remain quiet. The gestures she made seemed to have a language of its own.

Kaze's stretching had been contagious, for when he was watching, it made him feel the need to stretch out his own limbs. When he got to his feet, Kaze followed suit. All around them was nothing but grass. In lands like this, they could easily be spotted even miles away. He spotted some Pokemon far off in the distance, but he assumed the majority were small and easily hidden by the grass. Given the fact that it was night, they might be one of the few awake, as well.

"So, Kaze, where would you like to go?" Reikechi asked. "You know this place more than I do." Being from Johto, Rei knew nothing of the Hoenn region, nor that he was actually in hoenn. The only thing surrounding the plains were trees, and couldn't see anything past them.

In response, the Kazesa walked toward him. Once she was close, Kaze turned to his left, and flicked her tail up to where it brushed gently against his face, and kept walking. It seemed like a signal to follow, and so he did.
SlipperyFish
SlipperyFish

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zFri Aug 02, 2013 4:34 am

Basil stood from his crouched position, the bones in his knees had made a painless crack as he did so. He looked to the distance where he could see a faint sign of movement in the dark nights sky. Basil had decided it would have been a good idea to come out to the fields in the dead of night to look for rare flowers, he was new to the region, making him incredibly interested in the herbalism that it had. From his side he heard a small squeal of displeasure as the tiny Chikorita at his side noticed the people, trying to quickly hide behind its trainers legs.
"Don't worry about it, in fact I'm sure their friendly."
Basil quickly scooped up his little companion and began to make his way towards the person in the distance, shoving flowers in his backpack as he did so. As the figure came closer the details sharpened into what looked like a boy, one with an intense facial expression. moving next to the boy was a Pokemon, one that Basil had been unfamiliar with but also seemed somewhat intimidating.
"Heh, I'm sure its fine.."
At this point Basil was mostly reassuring himself.
"Hello?"
Basil rose his voice just enough to be heard by the young man, but not wanting to disturb the peaceful night air.
Cecil Palmer
Cecil Palmer

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zFri Aug 02, 2013 4:47 am

Yuuma was laying down watching the stars, daydreaming. Beside him was his ideal pokemon, Nee, the Hoppip. He was an air Elementalist therefore had the ability to manipulate where Nee moves in battle. He was a shy, submissive person. He loves anything pink and he dreams to fly like the bird pokemon he admires.
"Hey Nee. . . do you think we will see anything new tonight? A new pokemon would be nice. As long as its pink anyway." He closed his eyes for a second the hopped to his feet. "Let's get going. We haven't come out here at this time so we should find something new!"
"Hoppip-hop!!!" It cheered as it grabbed onto Yuuma's shoulder. They set off toward a field. He looked up in the trees as he walked, searching for that new pokemon he hasn't seen. Apporaching the field, he could see a figure through the leaves. He wondered if he should approach.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zFri Aug 02, 2013 7:50 am

As Reikechi and Kaze were walking, Rei being the one behind following, Kaze suddenly flicked up her tail and paused. It hit Rei's arm with force he did not know a tail could have. It didn't hurt, but it was surprising enough for him to jump back when he didn't see it coming. Kaze was suddenly alert for a reason he didn't know. Above the mass of thick fur, Rei saw a person. He realized the wind was blowing in the same direction that they were walking. They were upwind of this person, and most likely, she was being cautious, since she couldn't catch a scent. It was only a second after that the person made a greeting. Kaze's ears were instantly faced toward the person to perceive the words.

Reikechi walked forward to give his own greeting to the mystery person. As he walked past Kaze, he was able to catch at the corner of his eye looking at him as if wishing him to stay away. He tried to pretend not to notice and kept walking without any change in his pace. The Kazesa was hesitant with any further action. It seemed she wanted to try to stop him, but instead followed him to greet the person as well.

"Hello," he said. "I would be called Reikechi Yugami. Who would you be?" He would have held his hand out to the mystery person to give a handshake, but he noticed the Chikorita within the person's arms. A Pokemon Trainer? he wondered. Apparently, it seemed a bit skittish of his presence. He didn't say anything, not wanting to make it worse by accident.

When the wind blew a little more their way, Kaze looked back, catching the scent of yet another. However, she made no gesture this time, merely looking back without any hint that she was hiding the fact. She most likely didn't want Rei to go talking to yet another stranger.
SlipperyFish
SlipperyFish

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zFri Aug 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Basil set down his Chikorita and raised a hand to Reikechi. "Nice to meet you my name is Basil Ives. Just Basil is fine though. And this," Basil seemed to swivel his torso left and then right looking for the small Pokemon he had just set down, eventually realizing she had hidden itself behind his legs once again. With a sigh he continued his sentence. "Thats Rita." With the hand he didn't have held out to the boy he jabbed a finger down at the small green Pokemon.
Cecil Palmer
Cecil Palmer

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zSat Aug 03, 2013 12:42 am

Yuuma hesitated even more when he saw the second figure come up.
"Hoppip?" Nee looked at Yuuma , wandering if he would come out as well. He sighed and proceeded through the trees.
"U. . . Umm. I'm Yuuma. This is Nee, my beloved partner." He spoke shyly as to not startle the people. "What's this pokemon?. . . I have never seen one like it . . . " He looked at the foreign pokemon at his side with caution.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zSat Aug 03, 2013 8:01 am

"Basil," Reikechi repeated. He believed it polite to say the name to show that he was listening. He took the his hand and gave a handshake. He took a small step back when the handshake was finished and looked to the Chikorita. It was quite obviously discomforted by his presence. It brought back memories to him. Would this Chikorita suddenly prove to be very offensive and attack him if he did something wrong? He knew Kaze would most likely protect him, but that put him at even less ease. It could cause a lot of damage to everyone here if something like this were to happen. Pushing the thoughts aside, he lowered himself to Chikorita's level. "Hello, Rita, I'm Reikechi," he said. "Though, some just call me Rei," he added, noticing he never said it.

Reikechi noticed the sound of grass rustling, and he perceived it as someone walking. He looked and saw yet another person. Do they all simply appear like this? Reikechi wondered. The boy seemed to be nervous, Reikechi noted, but still introduced himself. There was also a Hoppip. He assumed it was another trainer. Though the appearance was a little strange, he thought, he still introduced himself. "Hello, I'm Reikechi; though, some call me Rei." When the boy asked about Kaze, Rei was quite quizzical. He had assumed that Kaze would be known here, and also thought that this would be a native land to them. Perhaps it was, and they are simply that rare. Maybe that's why the Yuuma, as he claimed to be, appeared so nervous.

"This is Kaze," Reikechi said, directing to the grey-white wolf Pokemon. "The name of her kind is Kazesa." After being directed to, Kaze gave Reikechi a hard jab in the back with her pink wet nose, which pushed him forward and made him stumble. When Reikechi looked back to her, he could see the look in her eyes that she was not handling the sudden company well. He mentally sighed and straightened himself. There was nothing more than that he could do. "Anyway, where am I? I am here from Johto in Blackthorn City. I was kind of brought here."
Cecil Palmer
Cecil Palmer

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zSat Aug 03, 2013 8:13 am

"oh well... Kazesa looks to be in a bit of a hurry... I can leave if you want me to." He slowly backed away from the two trainers. Nee remained where she was, floating and staring in awe at the new pokemon. They weren't native to Hoenn either. "By the way, I am not from around here either. . . I'm from Minoru. We moved here just recently." he used the wind to push nee toward him then grabbed her. "Best go before Kaze gets in too much of a hurry." Yuuma walked away slowly with nee.
SlipperyFish
SlipperyFish

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zSat Aug 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Rita's reply to Rei's greeting, was her trying to hide deeper in the shadow made by Basils leg, much like a small child would for a parent figure. As the other two talked Basil threw in the occasional "Mhm", "Nice to meet you." or nod of the head, all the while pulling out one of his freshly picked, bright yellow flowers, and replanting it into the depths of his jean pockets.

Having been completely oblivious to the hints saying he should go away Basil simply continued talking. "I'm from Sinnoh, I'm here to become a coordinator!" His words came out as enthusiastically as he felt. Basil recalled his Chikorita with a flash of red, putting the ball away as quickly as he had brought it out. "If only I knew how to start." His entire demeanor took on a more depressed, or exhausted look to it, before cheering right back up.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zSun Aug 04, 2013 4:30 am

This is crazy, Reikechi thought to himself. "Well, does that mean no one here is native to this... er... area?" He did not know exactly what to refer to this place as. He wasn't entirely sure if this really was another continent. They had travelled over water, but he had no way of knowing exactly how far he had gone from home. Maybe some people here would know of Kaze's kind, after all. He knew little about them, himself.

Because he was trained as an Aura Trainer, he was able to notice when Yuuma started to panic. Would this be normal from now on? Kaze's overprotective nature was probably responsible for this. "Hey, hold on," he shouted to Yuuma. He held a hand out toward him. At that moment, he felt a gust of wind flowing straight past him. It blew the grass hard enough to go flat until the wind was gone. It was his elemental ability with wind. He didn't have complete control of it. He was frozen there, with his hand outstretched toward Yuuma, and he was in partial shock. The gust didn't go toward Yuuma, but it was quite close. He could have unintentionally hurt him just by doing that?

Though he was frozen there, he could feel Kaze staring at him like she had always done before when he was first discovering that he had this ability. There was still wind dancing around him playing with his hair.
Cecil Palmer
Cecil Palmer

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zSun Aug 04, 2013 5:09 am

He noticed the sudden gust and was shocked, another wind Elementalist. He could have easily been pushed over just now. He began to panic more but realized that he was holding out his hand. Yuuma slowly approached Reikechi and said "We are in the hoenn region. . . and I am a wind elementalist to. . ." Yuuma smiled and shook his hand lightly.
"Hop hoppip!!!" Nee floated between them and gave a huge smile to Reikechi then got close to kazesa's face. Yuuma freaked out and used a the wind again to quickly bring her back
"Don't do that Nee. . . . It isn't used to you. . . " hee looked up at Reikechi "so where are you two headed?"
SlipperyFish
SlipperyFish

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zSun Aug 04, 2013 5:21 am

Basil looked on in amazement, ignoring the slight sting caused by the wind whipping his hair about. Although it was not directly on him, he did get the side gusts from it. He looked at the two, slightly wide eyed, his hair spiked in one direction from the wind. "elementalists?" Basil was more questioning himself than the others, he had heard of them but not met one in person. "that's awesome." Basil was a simple man who disliked looking at the bad in things, and somebody conjuring wind in front of him was pretty cool no matter how he looked at it. He made it past his fazed expression. He quickly shook his head to answer Rei's question. No, I've only recently arrived and thought a field was a good place to start.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zSun Aug 04, 2013 6:53 am

The fact that Reikechi was standing like that for so long was because he was still in shock from what he had almost done. When Yuuma shook his hand, it snapped him back to reality. Hoenn? That name was new to him. But the Region part was also a reason to be startled. Just how far did Kaze take him? Where is she wanting to go now?

He was quite taken aback when Yuuma said that he, too, had the ability to control wind. Despite this, he tried to keep his cool while speaking. "Elementalist? So, that's what I'd be called..." He paused when Yuuma saw Hoppip moving closer to Kaze, and then pulled it back with the wind easily. After seeing that, he examined Yuuma. It seemed Reikechi was the younger one between the two. Will I be able to control my power with such ease one day? he wondered.

Kaze eyed Reikechi one last time, and finally submitted to Reikechi's decision to be so open to others. It seemed as if she wanted to rant toward him, but remained silent as always, besides the heavy sigh as she laid in the grass. It was easy for Reikechi to notice that she didn't like being called an "it," but Yuuma seemed to look at Kaze as some type of vicious beast, so there was nothing he could do about it.

"Well," Reikechi said to Yuuma when she asked about their destination, "I was following Kaze, actually." There was not much more than that he could say. He didn't know where they were going. Saying Ask Kaze probably wouldn't help much. Reikechi trusted Kaze enough to assume that following her was a good thing to do. It seemed Kaze wanted to go somewhere specific.

When Basil claimed Elementalists to be cool, he reflected upon himself. Did Reikechi think that this was cool? After all, his power is why he is in another region right now. If Kaze hadn't come, after all, he would be away from home completely alone. Then he added, if Kaze hadn't been there, he would be dead by now. It was because of his elemental ability over wind that Kaze had been there, too. Being with Kaze was the best thing that ever happened to him. This isn't so bad, he thought to himself.
Cecil Palmer
Cecil Palmer

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zTue Aug 06, 2013 12:50 am

"Sounds nice. Do you mind if we come along? ... oh... and we won't bother you. We will stay a little bit behind." He looked down "I'm just scared to travel alone" He then noticed the other person and apologized and introduced himself.
SlipperyFish
SlipperyFish

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zTue Aug 06, 2013 3:47 am

Basil had no idea where to go or what to do in the new region so he quickly sprang on the opportunity. "Ah, If I could join also, that would be great!" He chimed in. In the back of his head he doubted they would wait for him in a city to do any sort of coordinator type thing, yet he suppressed the thought, imagining future memories of the good times he may have on a trip like this. Basil looked around for the city, which was obscured beyond his sight by trees. "Uh, which way?" Basil had raised his right hand to rub the back of his head as he asked the question slightly embarrassed by his losing of the path.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zTue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Reikechi thought of the idea of them coming. Kaze probably wouldn't like it at first, but she wouldn't mind after being around them for long enough to know them, right? He didn't mind the company himself. When Yuuma added going to the back, he didn't think it was really something he needed to do. "Hey," he said to Yuuma. "You don't need to stand away from me... I'm... not aggressive or anything." It was a strange thing for him to see. Basil was quite outgoing, not afraid to speak, in contrast to the Chikorita he has, whom hid from Reikechi's sight as much as possible. In Yuuma's case, it was the Pokemon who was more social the person. How would an adventure like this turn out?

"Kaze," Reikechi called, to which Kaze did immediately stand. She was there the whole time and knew what would be asked. She started by walking toward him again. This time, it seemed she tried to walk through him, and she forced Reikechi to the side, nearly tackling him to the ground. It was only because of his training that he was able to avoid falling at all. She probably knew that much, too. She threw her tail up, and kept walking, which he immediately understood as her telling him to follow.
Cecil Palmer
Cecil Palmer

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 5:40 am

Yuuma looked at Reikechi again "It would be best... Until I get used to you and all." He grabbed Nee and held her close. She smiled at him as he followed Reikechi.
SlipperyFish
SlipperyFish

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 5:50 am

Basil quickly jumped in next to Rei, yet slightly behind him, as to be guided. "Might as well let the rest of my Pokemon have a breath of fresh air." Basil said happily as he reached for the Pokeballs on his belt. He threw them all out at once before re clipping the balls. "You have already met Rita." Basil said to them. "These are Clade and Eevee." He waved to the Litwick and Eevee respectively. Litwick began to shuffle over the grass, happily waving the fire on top of his head back and forth as he chugged, it had always reminded Basil as a train. Eevee, being the prankster that she was had quickly ran up to the much bigger Pokemon, Kaze. Eevee began prancing and jumping around a few feet ahead of the big Pokemon, occasionally dropping her legs out from under herself and just laying there starring up at the group with her round black eyes.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 6:31 am

Reikechi was surprised to see that Basil actually had more Pokemon. When he saw the Litwick, he felt his skin crawl a bit. He didn't know why, but ghost Pokemon seem to always make him shiver at the sight of them. Perhaps because the fact that they're ghosts, and their life force felt a little different than others. When the Eevee came out, he was even more surprised when it simply ran ahead of Kaze without any problem. It seemed that everyone before was rather nervous around her. "Your Pokemon are pretty cool," he said to basil.

Time Lapse

They had been travelling for quite a while. The moon was going to leave them soon, and the sun would be rising into the sky. Kaze, being in the lead, started slowing down as they were getting close to a lake. The lake's shore was also green with grass, but it was also covered with mud. Kaze stopped at the point where they were close to the mud, but they weren't going to get their shoes dirty.

Kaze turned to Reikechi, and made some type of gesture with her head, seeming to dart her eyes between Reikechi and the ground. She wanted him to sit, he perceived, and so he did. Reikechi didn't know what this was for, and he assumed only Kaze did. Were they waiting for something?

"I guess... make yourselves comfortable?" Reikechi says. He didn't know how long they would be waiting, or what they would be waiting for. What did Kaze want him to be there for?
Cecil Palmer
Cecil Palmer

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 6:58 am

Yuuma sat down gladly as he needed a break. He then sent out his omanyte, Nautilus. As soon as it was released from the pokeball it sent out a watergun at his face. "Gah!!! Why do you always do this!!" he said as he tried to block it with his hands. The skiploom giggled at omanyte. Yuuma let out a sigh as he noticed Nee encouraging Nautilus. "anyway why are we here?" He was confused that they had stopped at a lake.
SlipperyFish
SlipperyFish

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Basil muffled his laughter with his hand. He didn't question waiting for no reason, he was in no hurry anyway. Eevee had been able to sneak up behind Basil, nudging his right side before running over to the left and repeating. Eventually Basil jumped to his feet and snatched up the small Pokemon, laying in the soft grass Eevee on his chest. Chikorita seemed to be doing the same but in a small flower patch a little ways away, Clade on the other hands seemed to be trying to kindly torture Rita. He would get his fire tantalizingly close to Chikoritas leaf before Rite would swing it, making the Litwick back away before repeating.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zThu Aug 08, 2013 3:40 am

It seemed that everyone had many Pokemon but him, though he was perfectly fine with just having Kaze. Apparently, there were two mischievous Pokemon within this group, or that's how Reikechi perceived the Omonyte. He looked at the Omonyte with curiosity. Aren't they supposed to be extinct Pokemon?

Before Reikechi could say he did not know either, Kaze, apparently satisfied that everyone was now sitting, decided to take her own seat beside Reikechi. She then seemed to stare off to the lake. Reikechi tried following her line of sight, and then his ears caught the sound of water splashing somewhere. He looked toward it, and saw what was probably the most wonderful sight he had ever experienced. "It's spouting," he said, rather impulsively.

In the middle of the lake, there was apparently a geyser. The sun was rising, and the moon was still somewhat in the sky, and they were both reflected in the water. The geyser itself seemed to glow. Looking at the lights, Reikechi realized that within the geyser, many Chinchou and Lanturn could be found swimming upward with the upflowing water and jumping back into the water. At the same time, it was becoming surrounded by Illumise and Vulbeat, whose lights made the sight even more appealing.

Reikechi was suddenly able to understand the way Kaze had been acting. This was probably a sight that she wanted to share with Reikechi alone. Reikechi pet Kaze, which she returned with a lick.
Cecil Palmer
Cecil Palmer

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zThu Aug 08, 2013 8:49 am

Yuuma and his pokemon stared in awe at the sight. Nee slowly landed on his head and Nautilus set himself in Yuuma's lap. They just sat and stared. "W..wow. . . I didn't know this could ever exist. . . It's so beautiful." He halfway whispered.
"Skip Skiploom" Nee agreed and nodded. Nautilus just waved his tentacles in the air and did this thing with his eyes ^^.
SlipperyFish
SlipperyFish

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zThu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Much like the rest Basil also looked on in Awe. He held Eevee in his lap, his eyes lost in the daze of brilliant light and water working together to make such an amazing view. He was amazed at how many Pokemon actually seemed to inhabit the lake and how they had adapted to turn a natural wonder such as a geyser into something to have fun on. "wow." Basil had said, his jaw had not made its way back up to the rest of his mouth, leaving him wide eyed and open mouthed at the view.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8zWed Aug 14, 2013 6:16 am

The sight was there for a while, all the way until the sun was already almost far into the sky. Many times, Reikechi could feel his head dropping. As great as this was, he was rather tired. What was he to think of everything that had happened in this one night. To the eyes, it seems like not a whole lot, but to the mind, it makes one cringe at how much it has to be so active.

At last, he fell asleep, and he was leaned against Kaze. When Reikechi was against her, she adjusted herself to fit his comfort. After a while, when his sleep was confirmed to be deepened, she worked him atop her back and got to her feet. She looked around to observe what everyone else was doing.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Kid in Town~!   The New Kid in Town~! H6Q0F8z

The New Kid in Town~!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next