HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Receiving A Starter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
FlyingNinja
FlyingNinja

Receiving A Starter Empty
PostSubject: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zSun Jun 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Jack walked out of her house, slamming the door close. Right before she left her mother decided to tackle her down and keep her from walking away. "Well it's finally time to get my first pokémon." She says excitedly, trying to keep herself from hopping up and down. Unable to stay in the same position much longer, she ran over to the lab. Jack was a little bit sad about leaving the town, she grew up here and loved it with all her heart. "Jack, it's fine..." She reassures herself, smiling happily. Jack then got to the lab, knocking on the door loudly.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zWed Jul 03, 2013 2:26 pm

"Come in!" A voice wafted out. After a few seconds, a proffesser in a white lab coat walked out and opened the door himself. "Why, hello. You must be Jake." Without realizing he mispronounced the name, he continued talking. "You must have come for your starter choice. We have an excellent choice of three pokemon, each a different type. Grass, Fire and Water. You must be knowing the web of type advantages and disadvantages?"

He walked over to the table where there were three pokeballs. There were respectively a leaf, dewdrop and a flame sticker on the first, second and third pokeball. "They are Treecko..." He pointed at the pokeball, "...Mudkip..." Again a point, "...and Torchic. Would you like a better look at them?"
FlyingNinja
FlyingNinja

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zWed Jul 03, 2013 5:58 pm

"Yeah." She mumbled, inspecting the Pokeballs intently. This choice might've been the hardest decision she had ever made! She slowly reached out her hand, grabbing the the third Pokeball with a flame sticker on it. Unable to wait any longer, her index finger pressed the white button with all her might. The Pokeball then opened, releasing a read flash which slowly took the shape of a Pokemon.

She looked down on the pokemon with a sigh, "I'm just guessing here, but I'm pretty sure this is Torchic." Jack wasn't to fond of Torchics, especially since the last time she saw one it burned her right arm. "I'm sorry little guy but no...." Jack whispers to the Pokemon before returning the Torchic to his Pokeball. She then slowly placed the Pokeball back with the others. Hopefully the next one is better. She thought, picking up the Pokeball with a leaf sticker on it. Her finger instantly pressed the white button, releasing the same red flash as the last one.

When the flash took the shape of the pokemon, Jack smiled. "This one looks awesome!" She says, kneeling down next to the Pokemon. "I think I want this one. He's a Treecko right?"
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zThu Jul 04, 2013 11:17 am

The professer picked up the last ball, releasing the final pokemon too. "Yes. That is a Torchic..." He pointed it out,"Treecko and Mudkip." Respectively pointing, he walked over to the table to get her a pokedex. "Here. I'll give you the info if you'd like."

Receiving A Starter 252Receiving A Starter 255fReceiving A Starter 258

Treecko - Wood Gecko Pokemon
Treecko has small hooks on the bottom of its feet that enable it to scale vertical walls. This Pokémon attacks by slamming foes with its thick tail. Treecko is cool, calm, and collected - it never panics under any situation. If a bigger foe were to glare at this Pokémon, it would glare right back without conceding an inch of ground. It makes its nest in a giant tree in the forest. It ferociously guards against anything nearing its territory. It is said to be the protector of the forest's trees. It senses humidity with its tail to predict the next day's weather.

Torchic - Chick Pokemon
Torchic sticks with its Trainer, following behind with unsteady steps. This Pokémon breathes fire of over 1,800 degrees F, including fireballs that leave the foe scorched black. Torchic has a place inside its body where it keeps its flame. Give it a hug - it will be glowing with warmth. This Pokémon is covered all over by a fluffy coat of down. If attacked, it strikes back by spitting balls of fire it forms in its stomach. A Torchic dislikes darkness because it can't see its surroundings.

Mudkip - Mud Fish Pokemon
The fin on Mudkip's head acts as highly sensitive radar. Using this fin to sense movements of water and air, this Pokémon can determine what is taking place around it without using its eyes. In water, Mudkip breathes using the gills on its cheeks. If it is faced with a tight situation in battle, this Pokémon will unleash its amazing power - it can crush rocks bigger than itself.

"There you are. Torchic, Mudkip and Treecko. Which one?"
FlyingNinja
FlyingNinja

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zThu Jul 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Jack looks down at each of them for a while and then said, "Treecko!" Her smile grew as the perfect nickname came to her. "I can give him a nickname too, right?"
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zFri Jul 05, 2013 4:14 pm

"Of course." Proffesser nodded his affirmation as he got busy, collecting the stuff that Jack might need in her journey. "Here. Your Pokedex, 5 pokeballs and whatever else you might need." Handing her the stuff, he returned the Torchic and Mudkip to their pokeballs and replaced them on the table. Peeling the sticker off the ball, he handed it to Jack.
FlyingNinja
FlyingNinja

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zSat Jul 06, 2013 6:01 am

"I shall name you Blade!" Jack said to the Treecko, thanking the Professor afterwards for the supplies. She then placed the Pokédex in her backpack, wanting to check it out later, and her Pokéballs in her little pouch. "Is there anything else I must know before I head off?" She asked, returning the Treecko to his Pokéball.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zSat Jul 06, 2013 11:41 am

"Hmm. Treat your pokemon well. Walking with them increases friendship. Some may disobey." He ticked off random trivial facts off his fingers. "No. Don't think so. Good luck. Have fun." With that, he disappeared into the depths of the lab, leaving the two alone.
FlyingNinja
FlyingNinja

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zSat Jul 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Jack began to walk out the lab, thanking the professor one last time before leaving. Out of no where a red flash came from Blade's Pokéball. "Ha, you couldn't just stay inside I see." She laughed, looking down at the hyper Pokémon. He just looked up at her and growled happily. "Well it's time to head out."

OC: End the thread here?
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zSun Jul 07, 2013 12:40 pm

(Not really, if you don't want to. Most people end like, 'And they headed towards the next town' or something. Some train first, maybe catch a pokemon or two. You can get wild encounters here, if you'd like.)
FlyingNinja
FlyingNinja

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zMon Jul 08, 2013 3:01 am

OC: Okay, I was just wondering since this is my first thread.

"If I am correct, there should be some Ralts Pokemon around route 102. She could be a great addition to our team in my opinion with her amazing move pool." She told Blade, despite the fact he couldn't talk back. To her surprise, Blade nodded at her with a slight smile.. "Since you already know some moves, why don't we just battle some wild Pokémon for a while before learning a new move." Jack explained, walking deeper into the tall grass with Blade. She knew some of the Pokémon that lurked around here, but she didn't know all of them just yet.

I can't wait for our first battle! She thought, looking down at Blade with a smile. She was loving how he was looking around cautiously.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zMon Jul 08, 2013 12:27 pm

(There isn't any particular pokemon in any particular place. You can get a Gen V pokemon in here too. Or something not found in this area, such as...Altaria or whatever. So you can search anywhere, the chances of getting Ralts are the same everywhere. :3 )

A small Aipom swung from branch to branch and paused momentarily to watch the duo pass.

Receiving A Starter 190
Level 8
FlyingNinja
FlyingNinja

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zMon Jul 08, 2013 9:34 pm

OOC: Lol I was just playing my Emerald game when I was writing that, so I was thinking about the actual game.

Jack heard the sound of rustling leaves and smiled. "Blade, you see anything?" The small treecko began to look around them curiously, until spotting the Aipom. "Blade use toxic!" Blade nodded at Jack's orders, opening it's mouth to release a purple cloud of toxic, which flew over to the Aipom.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 am

Aipom was caught off guard and fell off the tree, poisoned. Shaking it's head, it stood up and leapt in with a Scratch, raking out with it's tail.
FlyingNinja
FlyingNinja

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 3:12 pm

"Dodge it and then use pound!" Jack calls out, watching the aipom intently. Blade did what he was told, dodging his move swiftly just to attempt to punch the aipom with his tiny fists.

Last edited by FlyingNinja on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zThu Jul 11, 2013 11:39 am

Aipom dodged, feeling the effects of Toxic. It used Astonish, making a strange, red, glowing scary face appear in the air, and made a horrible screeching sound which had a 30% chance of making the opponent flinch.
FlyingNinja
FlyingNinja

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zThu Jul 11, 2013 6:05 pm

OOC: Sorry about my last post. I got a little mixed up...

"Blade! Use Absorb!"Jack called out, hoping he didn't filch. To her dismay, Blade did flich thanks to Aipom's last attack.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zFri Jul 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Aipom smirked before using Bounce (EM), hovering high up in the air and surprisingly staying there. It would swoop down and attack in the next turn.
FlyingNinja
FlyingNinja

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zWed Jul 17, 2013 7:47 pm

Blade began to look around confused, not knowing what to do. "Blade, brace yourself for his attack!"

Last edited by FlyingNinja on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zThu Jul 18, 2013 10:11 am

(Sky?)

Aipom hovered for several seconds before swooping down at impressive speeds, aiming to hurt and flinch its foe.
FlyingNinja
FlyingNinja

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zThu Jul 18, 2013 6:29 pm

OOC: Sorry! I've been roleplaying on another website and my starter pokemon on their is Sky...

"Dodge it and use Absorb!" Jack yells, watching the battle closely. Blade followed her orders and tries to dodge the attack, only to fail. Luckily he didn't flinch, so he uses absorb on him.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zFri Jul 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Aipom flinched a bit, hiccuping before using a Scratch, raking out with it's tail again, wondering if the Flying type move took the toll it was supposed to take.
FlyingNinja
FlyingNinja

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zFri Jul 19, 2013 7:28 pm

"Take the hit then use pound!" Jack says, watching Blade nod his head and take Aipom's scratch before using his small fist for a pound.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8zSat Jul 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Aipom was hit as it skidded back. Eyes furrowed in a frown, it let loose another shriek, using another Astonish.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Receiving A Starter   Receiving A Starter H6Q0F8z

Receiving A Starter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1