HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A New Legend and New Hunt!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

A New Legend and New Hunt! Empty
PostSubject: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zFri May 31, 2013 3:57 am

The warm Jhoto breeze whipped across Artemis's face as glanced down below. She sat atop Lykouleon's back, staring wide-eyed at the upcoming coast. They were still far from any idea of where to go next, nor exactly any idea of where they were headed. If it weren't for a small tapping against Artemis's leg, it probably would have stayed that way.

Curiously glancing down toward whatever was touching her, Artemis met herself with Rune's excited eyes. "I thought you were resting," she said to her little Jirachi, who seemed to be hiding something behind her back.

Rune happily floated up to Artemis's level and, with a bit of effort, held out a thick and bright book, obviously one aimed for children. "Uh," Artemis said, slowly taking the book while her brow furrowed in confusion.

It's from the Library! Rune said with happy enthusiasm, I made a wish to help you get a book with what you wanted, and I got this! Go to the colorful page!

Curious, Artemis opened the book. All the pages were colourful. It was full of stories, poems, and even just illustrations of people and Pokemon that every kid would want to read about, but Artemis didn't have time for children's entertainment. Once she hit the centrefold, however, it became clear what Rune had wanted to show.

There was a bright illustration of material that seemed a lot more morbid than the rest of the book. They consisted of a burnt tower, three Pokemon suffering from the flames, and three obviously powerful Pokemon. There was a poem too, which Artemis curiously read.

There once were three brothers
Kin of the two others
Who lived in a tower of Brass

The first marked by fire
Could fight through any situation dire
But what befalled his brothers spayed him

The second was full of water and life
Could quell any hostility or strife
He perished along with the place he called home

The last ran along thunder and lightening
His keen sense and knowledge enlightening
Until he succum to his harrowing fate

The three brothers lived in the tower unconcerned
Until it fell crumbled and burned
The tower's and brother's fates entertwined

A golden bird took pity
And the three brothers reborn are the beast trinity

She looked once more at the image of the three beasts revived from their deaths, and gently ran a finger along the last one, the controller of lightening. "Lykouleon, turn left, we're heading to Eructeak. To the burnt Brass Tower. I know just who I'm going to meet next."

Nodding, Lykouleon shifted his wings and their course toward Eructeak, where Artemis hoped to find the Lightening Beast told of in the poem.

Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zFri May 31, 2013 4:01 am

Uxie wasn't feeling to well inside of her pokeball. However, she knew that if she came out, she wasn't going to touch ground for a little ways. Meanwhile another lucky traveller flew up beside Artemis' pokemon. "I can tell your pokemon is ill," he said, knowing she'd be confused as to which one he mentioned.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zFri May 31, 2013 4:32 am

Artemis had placed the book away into her bag and had rode a little ways with Rune energetically flying circles around her and Lykouleon's head. Suddenly, someone flew up beside them, and she didn't recognise their face. When the stranger spoke, Artemis glanced at the happy and floating Rune back to the strong body of Lykouleon before turning toward the stranger with a look of confusion. "What exactly are you talking about?" Artemis asked, her mind not yet jumping toward Uxie.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zFri May 31, 2013 4:37 am

"You don't know," the stranger asked. "Maybe you are a bad trainer for your pokemon. Look at your belt," he said, having a psychic pokemon on his pokemon's back alongside him. "You would notice which one I mean." He then flew down, havnig Uxie's pokeball so he coudl let her out.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zFri May 31, 2013 2:42 pm

"Are you sure you should let her out in the air. She won't have many footholds, and could fall, I don't want that to happen." Artemis was a bit irked for having Uxie's ball taken again, and Rune seemed angry too. She hovered over to the man's head and started pounding her little fists against it.

You let go of that! She said, continuing her pounding. With her size and strength, it wouldn't hurt, but she kept doing it anyway.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zFri May 31, 2013 11:42 pm

"Would you pipe down little pokemon," the man said, pushing Rune away as he set the pokeball on the ground. He had travelled down to the ground, watching Uxie pop out of her pokeball. She got up, and walked over to a tree as if she were drunk before she showed how ill she was, sitting down needing some water.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zSun Jun 02, 2013 6:19 am

"What is with him..." Artemis muttered as she followed the man to the ground. As he released Uxie, she cringed, seeing the Pokemon clearly I'll and upset. "U-Uxie," she said, reaching a cautious hand toward her friend, "you should have told me. I-I love you, and I don't want me to make you sick, if I'm the one doing this."

She then glared at the man behind her. "Who exactly are you and why do you know about my Pokemon? I'm sick of people just popping in to ruin my life without any explanation, so you'd better make it a good one." Her temper had reached a boiling poin in the last few weeks and she was finally going to snap.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zSun Jun 02, 2013 11:41 pm

Uxie walked over to Artemis after she was finished, popping back into her pokeball not saying a single word to her. "It seems that your pokemon isn't too happy with you at the moment," he said to her. "What exactly have you done to make your opkemon untrustworthy of you?" He looked at the pokball before he looked back up. "I wouldn't be saying it if it wasn't true."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zMon Jun 03, 2013 3:30 am

Artemis sighed and with a downcast look, slumped against a tree behind her. Lykouleon gave her one glance, and stepped just a small inch closer, as if he wanted to comfort his master, a rare sign of loyalty from the mighty beast.

"It's a long story," Artemis mumbled, "she doesn't seem happy no matter what I offer. The only thing I can't give her is the only thin that would make her happy. I-I just don't know what to so any more. My life is just so chaotic."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zMon Jun 03, 2013 3:35 am

The stranger looked at Artemis. "Looks like you aren't her friend then," he said, picking up the pokeball since Artemis ignored it. "You also ignored this. That's a sign you don't want to have her in your team."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zMon Jun 03, 2013 3:40 am

(I thought he still had the ball in his hand XD)

"I didn't know you could read minds," Artemis said with an irritated edge in her voice, "if I didn't want her, I wouldn't have fought so hard for her from another thief like you who think they know what's best for her. Now please give that back so we can both get on with our lives," she held out her hand for him to give the Pokeball back.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zMon Jun 03, 2013 3:46 am

The man looked at Artemis. "You would force your pokemon to undergo illness," he asked her. "You would force it to be your servant, because that's exactly what I'm seeing."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zMon Jun 03, 2013 3:58 am

"If she were my servant, then why did I offer her her freedom many times? Why did she choose to stay? She's no slave, she's my friend. The fact that she's ill makes me want to protect her more. Now, please hand my her ball back so I can actually help her instead of argue with you." Artemis was getting really irritated, but suddenly a serene sense of calm surrounded her. Rune smiled from atop her head, having just made a wish for her to be calm.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zMon Jun 03, 2013 4:01 am

"I won't," he said, Uxie popping from her pokeball again. She heaved, sitting down and enjoying the fresh air. It helped keep her from being so ill, the trainer patting Uxie's head. "Do you talk like most legendaries," he asked her, Uxie refusing to respond. She walked over to Artemis, sitting down beside her, her keeping her head turned from her however.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zWed Jun 05, 2013 5:04 am

Artemis knew Uxie could speak, but she wasn't about to justify the man with that fact. She held out a hand toward her, but hesitated before laying it on her crested head. Sighing, she looked to her friend with concern. "Uxie," she said, "is there anything I can do to help you? You know I care about you, and I don't want you to be sick..."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zWed Jun 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Uxie didn't respond to Artemis, her breathing deeply taking in some fresh air. They had passed a heavily polluted area in their flight, and it had upset Uxie's stomach. It wasn't that serious though, hence why she wasn't asking to go to the pokemon center. "Like I said, she doesn't trust you," the man said to Artemis.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zWed Jun 05, 2013 10:07 pm

Artemis sighed, she fished an Oran Berry out of her bag that she had been saving for her own lunch, and placed it in front of Uxie, hoping it would help with her sickness. She then gave a chilling glare to the man, "Who do you think you are anyway?" she asked in a rash, angry voice, "My Pokemon are my concern and not yours. Whatever it is you're trying to accomplish, I'm not going to have any part of it. Please just leave me and my Pokemon alone. I'm sick of people showing up just to try and ruin everything. Does Arceus hate me this much?!" She glared at the man once more, and waved her hand as if to dismiss him. "Please just go."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zWed Jun 05, 2013 10:11 pm

"Who's to say that I wasn't sent by Arceus," the man asked, Uxie picking up the oran berry. She rolled it back to Artemis, her turning her head away from her again. "How else am I able to tell what a pokemon does or knows or thinks about their trainer. I could tell you every single pokemon you have is loyal, except for her," he said, pointing to Uxie.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zWed Jun 05, 2013 10:16 pm

"And I respect that, I don't demand her loyalty like most trainers would," Artemis said, confusion lit her gaze as she looked to the man with curiosity for the first time. He didn't seem to have any defining features, at least that she could decipher, and did seem almost too ordinary. She shook her head slightly and pushed the notion aside, it was just stupid to think he was telling the truth.

"Didn't I ask you to leave?" She gritted her teeth, knowing the man wasn't about to do so.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zWed Jun 05, 2013 10:21 pm

"That's what Arceus would respect," the man said, giving her a small smile. He pulled out a pokeball, and looked at her smiling. "Perhaps you would like to challenge me?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zWed Jun 05, 2013 10:42 pm

"A challenge?" Artemis asked, more a puzzled statement than an actual question. After a brief moment of thought, she nodded. "Yes, I'll accept your challenge." The other challenges she's had for the past weeks she's been hunting Legends had all abruptly ended, she hoped this one wouldn't have the same result.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zWed Jun 05, 2013 10:43 pm

The man tapped the pokeball. "Which pokemon are you using first," he asked.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zWed Jun 05, 2013 11:01 pm

Artemis gave a glance up at Lykouleon, who slightly shook his head and gave an intent look toward Artemis's belt, he would rather stay by Uxie and calm her than battle, it was the true thing to do. Artemis grabbed Nadil's ball and stood up, patting Uxie on her crest before she did so. "I'm sorry, buddy," she said to her in a murmur, "I would have used you, but you're in no condition to battle. I just want you to rest and get better."

She threw Nadil's ball into the air, and the great ruler of antimatter hovered next to his master in his Origin form. He was still one with the Grisious Orb, causing most of his attacks to become even more powerful and his form to show as his true self. "I'm using Nadil, my Giratina," Artemis replied to the man.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zWed Jun 05, 2013 11:07 pm

"Very nice," the man said, tossing the pokeball to the ground. When the flash occurred and withdrew, the pokemon standing in front of Artemis was enough to cause Uxie to turn her head a bit. "Hello Artemis," the pokemon said, its golden ring flashing a bit in the sun. "This is our first meeting, isn't it?"

Arceus - Genderless - Level 85 - 15 Hits Remaining
ATK Move: Earth Power, Hyper Voice, ExtremeSpeed, Future Sight, Hyper Beam
EFF Move: Siesmic Toss, Cosmic Power, Natural Gift, Punishment, Gravity, Refresh, Recover
T/HM Move: Dragon Claw, Thunder
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8zWed Jun 05, 2013 11:17 pm

"I-it is," Artemis replied with wide eyes. She was standing in front of the creator of everything...how could she possibly stand a chance against this? Waking her from her startled awe was a sound she had never heard before. It was a feral screech of rage and pure hatred that pounded with telepathy through the back of Artemis's head and the air around her. It had been done in both actual noise and telepathy, and sent chills down her spine.

Nadil was the one who made the noise, and his eyes gleamed with pure malice as he observed the Pokemon that had banished him to fade away in the Distortion World. It was time for him to extract the revenge for what had been done to him, no longer a petty battle.

A ball of blue and black aura formed in the grip of two of his tentacle-like arms, and it hurtled itself at Arceus with precise and deadly accuracy. It was an Aura Sphere, an attack that never missed. Also, assuming Arceus was still in its default Normal type, it would be Supper Effective.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Legend and New Hunt!   A New Legend and New Hunt! H6Q0F8z

A New Legend and New Hunt!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next