HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lesson #1; Winding Down

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Lucretia
Lucretia

Lesson #1; Winding Down Empty
PostSubject: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zThu Apr 04, 2013 5:56 am

The cool night air bit at the flesh, sending chills up a young girl's spine. Her raven hair shone with reflective properties under the moon's pale glow, her dirtied punk-rocker clothes showing she had already been through quite an adventure to get this far. Beside her walked a frail looking boy, pale in the face and looking rather drained himself. Three Pokemon accompanied them, an Espeon, Umbreon, and Vulpix.

"Nakaharu," Kita, the girl said. "I think we should be getting to town soon. Look, the heavy grass and wooded areas are becoming more scarce..." Raising her eyes to the distance, she could see lights from buildings, and a large welcoming sign. A smirk crossed her face. The two had been through quite an ordeal, and seemed to have gotten nothing accomplished all the while. At least they could finally get some rest.

Kita didn't plan on sticking around Viridian for too long. Perhaps a day or two, to rest and recover. After the tumble she had lost many supplies that she would need to restock in addition to possibly getting some much needed training in. She wasn't sure of Nakaharu's plans, but thus far she was glad she had him for a travelling companion. She wasn't sure she and her Pokemon would have made it out of that cavern without him.

"Come on Naka, let's hurry and get to the Pokemon Center. We all need a good night's sleep. We can get food and restock in the morning," Kita said, still oblivious to the darkness Naka had witnessed to which she had managed to forget. She headed off to the Pokemon Center, trusting that Naka could make it on his own two feet after having carried him over half way there already.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zThu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 am

It was true, Nakaharu was exhausted from what he had done. He hadn't
done nearly as much as Kita had in that battle against Kyurem, and yet
he was still more exhausted. They had both barely escaped death from a
fall off a mountain, which he was grateful to Articuno for. A Jirachi
"hatched" from its ice prison and had given them an interesting piece of
Nevermelt Ice, which had some odd character etched on it. That Jirachi gave Kita the energy she needed to be mobile once more. I could have used some of that energy, Naka once again thought, as he was being helped along by Kita.

"This is my first time to Viridian City," he said, though he assumed Kita probably already knew that. He didn't in any way object to the idea of rest. He needed it terribly. All he wanted to do was sleep right now. He would think over the events after he woke up, when he had more the mind to think with than now. Now walking on his own once more, he had a bit of trouble at first, but he had obviously regained his ability to walk.

When Kita mentioned food, he was uncertain if he would be able to eat tomorrow. He wondered if the upset stomach he had gotten from being carried from so high would still be present. He has Vertigo, and he was afraid of the fall that whole time. The way everything behind them fell in that hidden cave had him on edge. It seemed as if the whole mountain were collapsing to make a joke out of his vertigo.

He quickened his pace to push away the thoughts, and followed Kita to the Pokemon Center. The rest would hopefully help him regain his strength. He would think of what to do after he woke up. He noticed from the way that Kita was speaking she was expecting him to stay with her for a while. He was honestly glad she was there. He likely would have joined Jirachi in that cave if not for her. He had no skill with climbing as she seemed to. But what could he offer, he asked himself. Why would she want his company?
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zFri Apr 05, 2013 4:14 am

"This is my first time to Viridian City..." Nakaharu's voice broke Kita's focus, having her glance back once they had entered town. She smiled softly, saying nothing for now but simply continued walking to the large building with the inviting red roof. The truth was, she was in quite a similar situation herself.

The door slid open, faint yet uplifting music playing over the speakers inside. It was well lit, and older inside than some of the Centers back in Johto. They had the standard machine, and Nurse Joy just like anywhere though, making Kita feel at least a little bit at home. Even if this Pokemon Center was missing the old man sitting in the corner chair.

"You know, Naka," I find that it's easy enough to traverse most cities...as long as you stick to the Pokemon Centers. Just look for the red roof..." she said trailing off, before slowly walking up to the counter. "Hello, Nurse Joy. I'd like to check in for the night, two beds please."

After a quick chat with the Nurse, Kita waslked back to Naka. "It looks like we got lucky. There were only a few beds left. I guess it's just that time of the year or something. Lots of newer trainers starting their quest for badges and such." She turned to the rooms, beckoning Nakaharu as she led him to a room with a few bunk beds. "This is where your bed is, mine is in a different room. Get some rest, and I'll see you in the morning," Kita said before turning and walking off to the room she was assigned to sleep in. A good night's rest...

(Feel free to time skip to morning)
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zFri Apr 05, 2013 7:21 am

Nakaharu instinctively looked in the direction of the Pokemon Center when she pointed it out. He didn't say anything, not sure if he should, but thought to himself that Kita certainly knew quite a lot, or saw things in different ways than he did. What would he learn from his time with Kita?

At the Pokemon Center, when Kita had led him to his room and left him, he said thanks and naturally said "good night" to her. With the fact that there were few beds, he silently hoped that he wasn't going to be sharing a room with another. He was too tired to think on that, so he pushed the thought and simply laid onto the bed he was led to. It didn't take long for him to drift into a deep sleep. He suddenly knew that he would sleep late if he were left unbothered. Nakaharu was vaguely aware of Vulpix laying atop him as he slept.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zTue Apr 09, 2013 6:30 am

Kita lay in bed, Umber and Ella laying gently across her legs and midsection sleeping gently. She stared at the ceiling, going over the events of the day. However, time and time again she would reach the end of the cavern. Entering the bright light, she saw two immense figures fighting, then everything grew hazy. Dark eyes stared back at her, glaring intensely with a burning feeling resonating. Darkness moved in, swallowing her whole and a voice from within the darkness beckoned her.

Kita shot up in bed, causing Umber to quickly sit up and stir from her chest to keep his balance. She was panting heavily, eyes wide in fear. Her Pokémon's red eyes stared back calmly, then his gaze slowly moved to the window where the moon was fading and the sun beginning to peak over the horizon. "Was I asleep?" Kita whispered. She looked down to her feet, where her purple Pokémon Ella lifted her head, yawning widely as she stretched.

Shifting, Kita swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood up, her Pokémon scrambling and hopping to the floor to avoid taking a tumble. She walked to the window, leaning on the ledge as she took in the scenery. "This city...it's so quiet..." She spoke quietly to herself, her Pokémon by her side listening intently. That is, until a crash was heard out in the hallway followed by a scream. Kita's heart jumped, body jerking around.

Rushing to the door, arm outstretched Kita tore the door open to reveal a girl fumbling in the hall. Her eyes were filled with tears, and she had on an apprentice nurse outfit. She had apparently dropped several trays, broken glass and a mystery liquid spilled on the ground. The girl was sobbing, probably over the lost medical supplies. Kita stared in shock for a moment, not knowing exactly what to do.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zFri Apr 19, 2013 5:32 am

Nakaharu had still been sleeping. Perhaps he had been dreaming well, for he had been sleeping soundly. He woke pretty easily to the sound of a scream. He felt his own heart leap. He sat up in his bed quickly - only to regret it. He forgot he was on a lower bunk, and hit his head hard agains the wooden plank that supported the bed above him. He groanded in pain, knowing it would leave a mark. Quickly, he got out of bed. When he heard the scream, the first thing he thought was Kita, though he had not heard the brave girl scream before.

After rushing himself to change into decent clothing, he rushed out of his own room, and ran in the direction which Kita left him in. When he got to her, he saw there was two girls. Kita just outside her room door, and another girl was doing something on the ground which he couldn't see. Her back was to him. He found he was relieved to se Kita was fine, but criticised himself for thinking that; after all, he should be worried about this other girl on the ground, too. Presumably from the dress, she was probably a new nurse.

He walked a bit closer, only now seeing the supplies on the ground. At least now he knew what it was. But what to do about it? Naka put a hand to his now-sore head. He had thought there was something more dangerous happening. He supposed he should be relieved. Finally speaking, he said, "Are you alright?"
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zFri Apr 19, 2013 6:06 am

Kita shook her head, blinking as she was broken from her trance by Naka's voice. "Huh? Nakaharu?" She whispered, though to herself. She then looked back down to the girl, carefully stepping over some broken glass and squatting to help her pick up stuff. "You should really be more careful, do you have a broom?" Kita asked, though not really thinking about possible repercussions from such a comment.

The girl began sobbing harder, her bodily visibly shaking as her hands stopped working. They trembled, merely managing to hold onto the items she had grasped. "I...I'm so useless...I mess up everything..." she sobbed, drops of tears falling from her hidden face to the floor tiles. "I broke it..." she muttered, grabbing a piece of glass and cutting herself accidentally. Her hand retracted quickly, blood quickly trickling from it. She grasped the opening to help control the bleeding.

"Jeeze, I didn't mean any of that!" Kita said, ripping part of her shirt and grabbing the girl's hand. She quickly wrapped the cloth around the cut to put pressure on it. "Let's go get a first aid kit, we can clean this up in a minute," Kita suggested, grasping the girl by the shoulder and prompting her to stand up.

She didn't share the look of Nurse Joy in the least. In fact, her hair was brown and her eyes were too. A drastic difference from the usual pink-haired workers. Her eyes were filled with tears, and her cheeks stained. She nodded slowly and solemnly, allowing Kita to lead her away to the Nurse station. "Come on Nakaharu, I might need your help," Kita announced, speaking to him without even glancing to him.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zSat Apr 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Nakaharu almost panicked himself when the young nurse reacted as she did, giving herself a cut and blood already escaping. He told himself they're probably lucky Kita is able to be so calm. He made a note that he may want to buy her some more clothing. Ripping the clothing like that could get her through many shirts.

When Kita said his name, he was instantly alert. He wanted to help, too, so he felt no reason to object. "Alright, anything I am to do, I'm ready to be of service." The way he said those words sounded as if this were not his first time using the line.

Vulpix observed Kita and Naka, as well as the nurse who was in tears. Being curious as she was, Vulpix walked up to the mess of broken supplies. Her fist instinct was to sniff at the spilled liquid. She wanted to lick it. Nakaharu was being rather irresponsible and not watching, focused on the nurse, so he didn't notice Vulpix had actually moved.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zSun Apr 21, 2013 6:37 am

A small bark from Kita's Umbreon, who had been standing still in the bedroom doorway with the Espeon, warned Vulpix not to taste things she wasn't sure of. He had an air of authority about him when he...umm, spoke I guess. He took a couple of graceful steps from the doorway, signaling with a tilt of his head for the other two Pokemon to follow along. Ella yipped in excitement, prancing along in bounds behind Umber.

Kita led the girl and Naka to the back room, where she had the girl sit on one of the examining tables before ransacking supplies. She pulled open drawers, opened cupboards, and more until she found some proper medical equipment to use. Having grown up under a strict training regiment, injuries were only natural. And so, the treatment for injuries became second nature. Using some medical tweezers, Kita grabbed the girl by the wrist and began to dig out the glass shards in an unpleasant fashion.

The girl squirmed, protesting in the pain. However, Kita seemed to keep a calm and straight face as she dug into the flesh to make sure every shard was out. The girl on the other hand was now in tears. Just because Kita knew what she was doing didn't mean she was gentle about it. She poured alcohol over it to sanitize the wound, causing the girl to suddenly shriek in the sudden surge of pain.

Finally, Kita wrapped up the injury, managing to find a sterile bandage wrap for the young nurse. "So, do you mind telling us exactly who you are, and what you were doing with that stuff?" Kita asked, placing the used equipment in a vat of alcohol for sterilization.

"Wh...what do you mean? I'm a nurse here, I was transporting the materials!" The girl stuttered, a bit shocked at Kita's question and tone of voice.

"Is that so...hmmm..." Kita said flatly, the girl looking more and more nervous. "You know, last I knew only official nurse's were allowed to transport materials, and your apron dons the apprentice logo. Want to explain?" The girl was silent and in shock, wide eyed and gaping at Kita's audacity. "If not, I can always just go call Officer Jenny here. It wouldn't be the first time I-" she started when the girl finally spoke up. It was faint. "Hm? Sorry, what was that?"

"The medicine was for someone else..." She stated, looking at the floor in defeat. Upon a bit more prodding, Kita learned that the girl had been trying to smuggle out special medicine for a wild Pokemon she had been taking care of. Something about it refusing to go into populated areas caused her problems when she tried taking it to a Pokemon Center. Unfortunately, the Center also refused to release their medicine without proper authorization due to an influx of sick Pokemon in the recent weeks.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zSun Apr 21, 2013 8:04 am

The ulpix's tongue had almost touched the liquid before the Umbreon had made its clear warning. She practically jumped back from the apparent shock of being stopped so suddenly. She looked at Umber now seeming so much more like a leader. The umbreon had given him much more the impression of being quiet and reserved. Readily, Vulpix followed Umber as he walked on.

Nakaharu followed Kita as she led the nurse apprentice to the nurse center. While watching, Naka was surprisied at her ease with the medical tools. Sure it seemed brutal enough to make him cringe, but it was skill that proved she had great experience. What can't she do, Naka asked himself. It seemed there was nothing in the world she wasn't good at.

Just when he thought the last statement, Kita showed skill something else: uncovering secrets. He hadn't suspected anything from the apprentice at all. He wouldn't have even noticed anything. The fact that the nurse was actually smuggling medicine from the pokemon center would have remained a mystery, if it depended on him. Kita certainly had the talent for uncovering truths. When the thought came, he suddenly became uneasy. What if she had tried to uncover his own past? He doubted he would be able to match Kita's intellect or be able to dodge the question. What would she think of him upon learning about him? He also didn't want to remember.

Nakaharu shook the thought away. That wasn't the focus, he told himself. Right now, Kita was talking to the apprentice. The nurse was clearly doing something wrong. He was curious though. Kita said she may need his help. Help with what, he asked himself.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zMon Apr 22, 2013 9:26 pm

"Please..." The mystery girl whispered, staring to the floor. A few tear drops still fell from her eyes. "The Pokémon is really ill, it needs the medicine or it wont make it..." She said, trying to pull at heart strings. Kita faced a bit of a moral dilemma now, steal the medicine or allow a Pokémon to die. She clenched her fists a bit, always having been taught to do the right thing.

Turning to Naka, she saw he was deep in thought. Hs aura was clearly reflecting his deep seeded worry. "Naka..." She said calmingly. "I was always taught to do the right thing...no matter what..." She continued. "In this case...I think the rules and the right thing are not the same..." What she was implying should have been obvious, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. They needed the medicine, and soon.

The girl looked up hopefully, eyes glistening. "You will let me-" she started, only to again be interrupted by Kita. Kita was very stern looking, much like her father had been when she was growing up.

"No, you will not do or touch anything. You will only tell us which medicine we need, and show us to the Pokémon. Naka, go with her to get the medicine while I go gather our belongings. We'll be moving on after we take care of the Pokémon," she explained, knowing well that would mean they had to skip their free meal. Kita then went to the rooms to gather up personal belongings and provisions.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zTue Apr 23, 2013 10:54 pm

When Kita said to Naka what she thought on the scenario, he nodded his agreement. He fully agreed with what she said. What this girl was doing with the medicine, though it was technically against the rules, it was actually a very noble deed for her to do. He thought philosophically on it, reasoning that a nurse's job is to take care of another and help them recover. The apprentice was fully doing her job, he thought to himself.

When started giving him directions, he was all ears to her. She seemed to always have an idea for everything, he thought to himself, maybe able to overcome any obstical. Her own sense between following rules and doing what was right was one to be admired as well. He was not sure if he, himself, would have such guts to actually go against the rules. Then again, if it were up to him, he would not even be up to this point.

Back to the scenario, when Kita finished giving the steps to completing this task, he nodded. "Okay," he said. He turned to the nurse apprentice whom was in tears, perhaps with a glimmer of hope now, he wanted to think. "Please lead the way." He said so in a way that seemed to urge at least some speed. According to the apprentice, the pokemon won't be there long without the medicine. The passing of a Pokemon would leave him scarred, knowing he had been given the directions to help save it, and did not follow through.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zWed Apr 24, 2013 10:41 pm

The girl showed Nakaharu to the store room, the entire operation feeling quite like a secret mission. Sneaking about in the wee hours of morning, the heart pounding nervousness as the people in the Center began to wake and stir. They made it there, the door closing behind them just as someone turned the corner. The girl let out a soft sigh of relief, peeking out the door window until they walked past.

"Okay, we need to look for the one labeled azithromycin. It's an antibiotic, and the one that we need. If you find anything that looks like it sounds like that, please let me know so I can make sure it's the right one," the girl said, quickly beginning to pull out drawers filled with small phials each individually labeled. There had to be thousands in there, and they were looking for the ones that the center had been running low on!

Meanwhile, Kita managed to pack up all of Naka's stuff, as well as her own. She looked down to Umber and Ella, who seemed to have Vulpix as a tag-along for now. "Well at least I don't have to go tracking you guys down," she said, glancing up. The main lights were being powered on, and the trainers were in motion. Most were heading to the cafeteria for their complimentary breakfast, but with all the motion in here it was going to be harder for Nakaharu to sneak out. She had to cause a distraction at the right moment to make sure they all got out safely, but how...?
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zThu Apr 25, 2013 7:49 am

Nakaharu was careful to pay attention to the name of the medicine. "Azithromycin," he repeated. When the girl dove into the droors of phials, he quickly joined in, looking every place possible. Shelves, droors... there were so many different types of medicines. While he didn't cause any harm, he wasn't very gentle as he repeatedly opened drawers and cabinets, turning the phials to see their labels. He was in a bit of panic.

He felt as though time were a vice, slowly being tightened. He bit the skin on his index finger out of being nervous. Why wouldn't there be some sort of organization? A library had its books listed in order by author. Why couldn't a medical center do the same with their medicine? Nevertheless, it was all scattered in an order he could not percieve. He turned phial after phial, one next to the other - he stopped. Naka brought his hand back to the phial he had returned to its original position. He turned it once more.

There it is! He saw the frine print on a label on the bottle. Azithromycin. "I've got it!" It was just a pitch under shouting. "I've found it. We can use this to treat the pokémon, right?"
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zThu Apr 25, 2013 8:26 am

Kita rushed back down the halls, a riot happening out near the cafeteria. Incoherent shouting and crashing could be heard, heaven knows what was happening. The three Pokemon followed her closely, occasionally poking their heads up and turning them back when something else crashed. Apparently some kids were having a rather...erhem, 'heated discussion' about Pokemon. Or rather, with Pokemon.

The female nurse looked up when she heard Nakaharu claim to have found it, and rushed to his side. She examined the phial, including the name and concentration of the drug inside. A smile creeped onto her face as she nodded. "Yes, this antibiotic can cure the Pokemon!" she said excitedly, before the door burst open. She fumbled nearly dropping the medicine again. She managed to recover, heart pounding nervously as she looked up to see Kita in the doorway.

"Time to bounce," Kita said, tossing Nakaharu's pack to him. His vulpix appeared from behind her, having been following Kita's Umber and Ella around for the better half of the escapade. She walked forward seriously, taking the medicine from the nurse and tucking it safely into her own pack before turning and heading to the door. "Come on, we don't have much time based on how hard they were fighting," she said. It was probably better not to ask questions as she led them out of the Pokemon Center.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zThu Apr 25, 2013 11:06 pm

Nakaharu felt his pulse start to raise from excitement after hearing that this was the correct medicine. He was going to be able to help this sick pokemon get well. Everything so far was going as Kita had strategized. He heard a loud burst that was in perfect time with his heart beat. Did my heart really just beat that hard? He looked toward the now-open door. That was't his heart, he told himself. Kita was there, though. The way she entered told him what she had to say was urgent.

Fighting? He thought. He told himself it'd be better to ask later. If time was so limited, he didn't want to be there when time ran out. Fighting might mean Pokemon battle. A Pokemon Battle would eventually lead to injured Pokemon, who would then need treating. That would mean the nurses would have to get medicine to treat them. That would mean coming in this room. Is that what Kita is talking about? He asked himself. Quickly, he followed them out of the medical storage room. He exited behind the nurse and closed the door as he left.

He followed Kita as they left the Pokemon center. When they were back out of the Pokemon center, he remembered that Kita said the apprentice would lead them to the ill Pokemon. He didn't say anything, perhaps out fear of spoiling the plan by saying something he shouldn't have said outloud.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zTue Apr 30, 2013 4:53 am

The trio of people, along with their trio of Pokemon had made it safely outside of the Pokemon Center, unnoticed thanks to the riot happening. Kita would leave out any of those details, they were no longer necessary. She turned to the fake nurse, face still quite serious. "Alright, we got you out here with the medicine, now take us to the Pokemon."

"But..." The girl retorted, or at least began to. She was clearly uncomfortable about something, but was quickly silenced again by Kita.

"If it's a rare Pokemon, we aren't Poachers. If we were, we would have already bagged a Jirachi. I doubt your little friend is worth more to a poacher than that. So take us there, or would you rather its illness progress?" It was unclear as to whether or not Kita was genuinely this serious, or if she was using her intimidating presence to hasten the pace set by the nurse aid.

"Right...this way," The girl said, looking to the ground, then around them. She made sure nobody was following, then led them into the thick brush. They walked for a good ten minutes off the beaten trail before a light whimpering could be heard. Kita motioned for Nakaharu to be silent, Umber giving Ella a similar look. The bush rustled, a small Eevee emerging from the bush coughing and seeming very listless in its movements.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zTue Apr 30, 2013 5:59 am

Nakaharu was already quite quiet, so he needed little urging to be silent. His eyes were peeled to the rustling bush. When he saw the Eevee, he could feel his heart sink. The poor pokémon was in such terrible health. If he had failed, this one would have suffered until finally it all ended. He clenched a fist to his chest at the thought. Though it was somewhat dramatic, he felt he would faint.

Being affected in such a way, he couldn't stop himself from falling to his knees. Vulpix put a paw on Naka's leg, observing him, as if seeing he was okay. The Vulpix looked to the ill Eevee, sniffing toward it, though not approaching the Pokémon.

Once more, his own fears robbed his own ability to speak. He didn't know how to actually apply the medicine to the Eevee. He felt as though he'd taken a seat in the audience to watch the theatre performance. How useful has he been thus far? Scaling himself to Kita's ability, he felt as though he was just a pointless being.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zTue Apr 30, 2013 6:30 am

Kita went to step toward the sickly Eevee, but it quickly staggered back away from her in fear. It clearly had something against humans in general. Kita's dark and dominating presence likely wasn't helping. "Tsk..." she clicked in annoyance, wondering how they would administer the medicine if it wouldn't come near. "You found it, so get it to come over here," Kita said to the girl, who looked to the ground ashamed.

"Well...see, I never actually got that close to her...I usually just set some food back and sit a few feet away while she eats..." The girl admitted, clasping her hands over her face. "I'm so sorry, I was just so desperate to help it that I wasn't thinking!" she began to sob again, to which Kita rolled her eyes, landing on the Eevee curiously.

It seemed the Eevee was eyeing Nakaharu and his Vulpix. Of course, its interest could only run so deep with its heavy fever. "Naka...get out the medicine and attach this," Kita announced, tossing a spray adapter to him. "It should screw onto the lid. Call the Eevee to you and spray it in her mouth..." Kita stepped back, dragging the sobbing girl along with her. She hid behind a bush, covering the girl's mouth to hush her as she watched through the brush.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zTue Apr 30, 2013 6:58 am

Nakaharu was a bit surprised having been handed the bottle of medicine that would cure the Eevee of the illness. Kita wouldn't do it herself? He wasn't confident he could do it. Would the Eevee by chance flee from the very sight of him? Wouldn't that put it in worse shape than the medicine could help?

But then, it had to be done. The Eevee wouldn't last long without the medicine, right? He couldn't just leave the poor Eevee just because he thought he couldn't do it. Already on his knees, he didn't do much besides lean forward. "Eevee," he said, "Please come." He looked to the Eevee as he said so. He didn't say outloud "I want to help you," but hoped the Eevee could at least tell that by his eyes.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zTue Apr 30, 2013 7:13 am

The Eevee swaggered, watching Nakaharu warily as he put himself out there. She looked to the Vulpix, who didn't seem to be afraid of this human. She sniffed the air lightly, coughing now and then. Her eyes closed, ears going back as she tried to take in his scent. He seemed harmless to her, his passiveness pulling her in.

She slowly approached him, though she stopped every few steps and glanced about worriedly. She finally reached him, setting her paws on his lap and reaching into his bag to pull out...a piece of jerky? Kita must have planted it there... Still, it seemed to work as she lay her head down and gently chewed on the dried meat for a moment.

She stopped soon though, too weak to even finish the morsel as she rested on Nakaharu. Her breathing was labored, and she was very plainly underweight from not eating. Eyes closed, the pitiful creature lay helplessly relying on Nakaharu's actions now.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zTue Apr 30, 2013 7:31 am

Nakaharu scratched his head a bit, the jerky not being something he had expected. He watched it nibbling on the strip. Was that the only reason it willingly came? When the Eevee tired itself in his lap, be put a hand to its head, checking just how high a fever it had acquired. Generally, he knew Pokémon to have a comforting warmth about them. Eevee, however, was alarmingly hot in the midst of her sickness.

Feeling bad for having taken as long as he had already, he took the medicine that had been handed to him by Kita. He sprayed the medicine into the Eevee's mouth, and then closed his eyes, seeming to pray for it to become well once more.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zTue Apr 30, 2013 8:03 am

Eevee's short labored breaths seemed to slow after mere moments of the medicine being sprayed. Her body seemed to calm, her fever breaking almost instantaneously. Obviously, she wasn't 100% from the potion, but she was no longer in such a critical status. She opened her eyes weakly and looked up to Naka as if to say 'thank you' before laying back onto his lap and resting the rest of her fever off.

"Pneumonia, huh?" Kita asked, stating more than anything. She had emerged again from the bush, the other girl frantically rushing to her feet. Umber and Ella gently walked to her heels, glancing to their sibling in species. Ella tilted her head at the creature in Naka's lap curiously, but resisted sensing her weak stature.

"Y-yes, but how did you..." The girl started, to which Kita looked up with a much softer expression now. This girl seemed to be all over the radar.

"Well the antibiotic that you got...it's commonly used to treat pneumonia. That paired with the symptoms she was showing, it became obvious to me. I could also tell that she would only go to Nakaharu, he's the most at peace out of the three of us, and thus the most passive. He seemed like the least threat, so I planted the jerky to give her a little more encouragement. I'm just glad everything worked out..."

"Not quite...I mean, she got the medicine now. But, she's still not healthy. I don't want to just leave her here like this..." The nurse said, reaching for a pokeball. Kita's face went dark again.

"I see. You feigned the want to protect the Pokemon in its natural habitat...but in reality, you just wanted it for yourself..." Turning to Naka, Kita pointed to an empty pokeball at his waist. "Naka, I believe you should capture her. At least until she is healthy." Being much an omega in the situation, the Nurse backed down quickly to Kita's dominance.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zTue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Nakaharu gave a sigh of relief when the Eevee had been healed from the sickness. Though it wasn't complete, he was glad it wouldn't be so dangerous to her. He didn't move himself while the Eevee slept upon him. He still wasn't sure that the slightest wrong movement would send it fleeing to the deeper woods.

Nakaharu's relief grew even more when he heard Kita say the word, pneumonia. That's one ghastly illness, he thought to himself. Once upon a time, he had "almost" gotten the illness. The Eevee must have had one dreadful experience, scaling from that experience. She had such a small body, too. How did this Eevee last as long as it did?

Naka was uncertain about capturing it in the Pokeball as Kita said. Then again, the Eevee was just as vulnerable now as before the sickness was gone. Besides, this was only temporary, right? It wouldn't be taking advantage of the Eevee's already weak state. "Right," he said, then realizing that was the first word he had said in quite a while. He brought a pokeball from a convenient pocket on his backpack, which he merely needed to reach back to get to. As gently as possible, Naka tapped the Eevee with the pokeball.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8zWed May 01, 2013 9:40 pm

The nurse aid looked highly disappointed, but did not go against Kita's demands. She merely watched as Nakaharu retrieved a blank pokeball, and tapped the exhausted Pokemon with it. The ball opened up with an unsealing click and whir noise, a red light spilling over to engulf the Eevee in his lap. In an instant the Pokemon was gone, successfully placed into the ball which refused to even wiggle. It snapped shut, coming to rest nearly instantaneously with the button's red light fading to indicate a successful 'capture'.

Eevee was successfully captured! Eevee, female, level 5 has been added to Nakaharu Morihana. Nickname the captured Eevee?

Kita approached Naka, and gently sat a hand on his shoulder. "See Naka, you did it. I really don't think she would have come to me or the girl." Her words were suddenly light and comforting, unlike the strict overbearing tone she'd held onto thus far in their little escapade. "But we should really get going. The three of us out here might be suspicious. We'll let her rest in the ball for now, and she can get a stronger rest at the inn down the road." What she was saying, basically, was that they should get out of there and let things cool down at the Pokemon Center for a while before returning to the area.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1; Winding Down   Lesson #1; Winding Down H6Q0F8z

Lesson #1; Winding Down
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next