HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zSun May 26, 2013 5:01 am

"Yeah, sorry about that," Evangeline chuckled in reply to Mirage, "I think it's my voicebox, it's like a bird's, so I'm pretty good at whistling." She frowned as Dark continued to ignore them, and grew even more concerned when he requested the Pokemon leave and issued his threat.

"What's gotten into you?" Evangeline shouted back to him, "You're acting like a moody toddler." She could sense something darker underlay Dark's voice, and she tensed a little, knowing she would do whatever was nessessary to protect Nev, and even Mirage, from his threats. "Just calm down and let us sort things out before you go off and do something that we'll both regret."
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zSun May 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Mirage grinned, somewhat gratefully for Evangeline's apology, and Emon stopped as soon as Dark had. When Dark threatened the poor Pokemon, he seemed to decide that now wasn't the best time to bother him, and flew back to Mirage's side. "Do you have any idea why Dark is so moody today, Evangeline-san?" Mirage seemed to be watching Dark with interest, and concern. They probably should also leave the city, and go to a more secluded area where Dark couldn't get more victims.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 4:18 am

Dark didn't seem to move much before he turned around, giving Evangeline a deathly stare with his dark eyes. "I'm not a toddler," he said to Evangeline angrily. "I'm just a fragmented personality. One that doesn't like being called names." He was prepared to attack if he had to. "If you're looking for the sweet child that begged you to help him, he's not really conscious at the moment."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 4:26 am

"I'm not sure Mirage, but I don't like it," Evangeline said with a weary voice, and everything clicked as Dark spoke up. "Well, I'd rather speak to the real you than the one out now," she said to him, summoning her own powe from deep within, just in case. "And you have no need to feed right now. You should just come with us out of town or we can force you. No matter what, you aren't touching those people over there." She glanced at the people Dark had viewed as 'prey'.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 5:04 am

Mirage, following Evangeline's actions, also prepared herself for a fight. Her wings folded in, and claws began to form from her fingernails. Her teeth also began to look fang-like. "I don't want to hurt you unless I really have to, Dark! Just listen to Evangeline-san, and I'm sure that we can settle this out of town." Emon and Azuxme also prepared themselves. Sparks danced from the two Pokemon's cheeks. Emon wore a determined face, while Azuxme's reamined emotionless. There were hints of fiery seriousness hidden in his eyes, however.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 5:08 am

"You don't get it yet," Dark asked Evangeline. "The other personality is Dark, as am I. We're just two sides of the same coin. He's not coming back after he felt abandoned," he smiled. "Gives me more time to feed and have a good time though." He didn't prepare himself for a battle. He just turned around, shoving them off as just a nuisance before he started wlking towards his prey.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 5:13 am

The air grew cold, and frost crept along the brick walls of the buildings. Hat same frost expanded out in front of Dark, quickly growing and thickening, creating a solid icy wall preventing him from leaving the alley or getting closer to anyone to feed. More ice formed in the palm of Evangeline's hand, forming a sharp and deadly blade. Her wings moved to mirror the way Mirage had positioned hers, and she glared at Dark. "I said no."

Nev's cheeks sparked along with Mirage's Pokemon. His eyes narrowed, and he focused for any sudden movement on Dark's part. He would do what was necessary to protect his friends and family, even if it meant hurting the crazed Dark in the process.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 10:55 pm

Mirage was also ready. Her eyes began to glow and a reddish-gray aura appeared around her. "I don't want to have to do this! You have one more chance to come with us out of town before I actually use my powers, Dark." There were some vines beginning to sprout from the ground as Mirage's eyes narrowed and watched Dark. The vines grew to Mirage's height, and remained motionless.

Emon was beginning to get a little scared. When Mirage used her powers, she tended to loose control of them, especially if she was this serious. He started to talk to Mirage with worried eyes. "Mirage... I don't think you should do that... Remember what happened last time???" Azuxme didn't seem to care. In fact, the Pikachu almost looked impressed by Mirage's show of sudden strength. The happy-go-lucky look in her eyes had completely disappeared, and was replaced with wariness and seriousness. The Pikachu began to look back and forth from Mirage to Dark, obviously amused by their actions.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 11:07 pm

Dark stopped when the wall of ice formed in front of him, him knocking on the ice with his hand a couple of times to check exactly how solid the structure was. When he found that it didn't seem as though it would be coming down soon, he turned his head looking at Evangeline with his eyes. "Are you sure you'd like to fight," he asked her curiously. "I just want some prey. What does it matter to you who that is," he asked her. He started walking towards her and Mirage slowly, knowing they were prepared to make a strike. "If one thing, fuling my anger isn't the best way to bring that kind, loving child back. Ever since I murdered my father, that's how I get the chance to come out, anger." He revealed his ears as he walked, him stopping a few feet in front of Evangeline. "But if you really want to fight, you can have the first strike." He put his hands out, leaving himself open for a blow.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Seizing the opportunty, and knowing it would catch Dark by surprise, Evangeline swung her sword up above her head, and brought it down right at Dark, but instead of slicing into him, it slightly melted to form and icy cuff around one of his wrists. Another cuff was around Evangeline's own wrist, and he blade was gone.

"You see Dark," she said, "Those people aren't just your mindless prey. They're people just like you and I, and may even be closer like us than we think. What if one of them were like me, hiding their abnormality from the world? Every innocent person has a right to live. Feel free to feed off of all of those crazed scientists and murderers, but don't touch innocents. Now, you're coming with me."

She turned and stepped out of the alley, toward Mirage and back from where they came. She pulled tightly with her cuffed arm to make sure Dark followed, and she still kept a hold of her power in case he tried to do any sort of damage still.

Nev looked wide-eyed at all that Mirage had done. "You're so cool!" he exclaimed, "Why did I get stuck with grumpy old Evangeline?"
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 11:23 pm

Mirage, satisfied that Dark was under wraps for now, decided to let her powers drift down a bit. The vines disappeared into the ground, and the aura surrounding her began to fade. There were still hints and traces of it, but they weren't very noticeable. Her eyes also reverted back to their normal shine, and she giggled at Nev's comment. "Oh, I'm sure you like Evangeline-san more than you think."

Emon seemed to calm down, and even let out a sigh of relief. He decided that he was tired from this 'incident' and asked Mirage to send him back to his PokeBall. When this was done, the Emolga relaxed. Azuxme seemed a bit disappointed when Dark was 'captured' by Evangeline, but hid it. The sparks ceased and the Pikachu scratched at a ear before relaxing on Mirage's shoulder.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Dark struggled against Evangeline, him growling angrily. "Smart," he said as a compliment to Evangeline. He pulled at the cuff multiple times, attempting to resist Evangeline before he snapped the chain in the middle with his aura, prying the cuff off of his arm and throwing it at her. "You just don't stop with betrayal," he yelled at her in anger, turnign aroudn and attempting to rush past Mirage, knowing it was a slim chance he'd get by. Strangely enough, even though he was angry, he had a few tears in his eyes after he had spoken.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 11:42 pm

"Betrayal? I didn't do anything, Dark," Evangeline said. She tried to grab Dark as he ran past, but her arms just met open air, leaving it to Mirage to stop him. Hoping her words would just make him pause for only a second, she kept speaking. "We never abandoned you, it was just you jumping to conclusions. We were so worried wen we saw you had left, I-I missed you." She put just a bit of emotion into her last sentence, hoping something may bring up the old Dark, maybe even just a small fraction that'll help stop him from killing innocent people.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 11:48 pm

Mirage, having not fully relaxed her powers, instantly let them flare up again. The vines shot from the ground and aimed to hold Dark in place. "Dark! Listen to Evangeline-san! We never abandoned you. You should know that. Don't you trust us?" She seemed completely worried about Dark.

Azuxme noticed that Dark had escaped, and was about to smile, when Mirage had used her powers, and seemed more amused than earlier. He watched the vines with interest; they seemed real, yet didn't seem real at the same time. He also noticed that they twitched here and there, as if Mirage was holding them back just slightly.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zMon May 27, 2013 11:51 pm

Dark wasn't too fond of the vines, him struggling against them. "Let me go," he yelled at Mirage, trying with all of his strength to break the vines. He struggled, him growling angrily wanting to be free. He tried to break them, over and over, not wanting to listen to the two. "I'd wipe myself out before I listen to you two say another word! You abandoned me whether you want to admit it or not! As if you cared!"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zTue May 28, 2013 12:01 am

Evangeline sighed. "That actually may be a good idea Dark..." She aproached him cautiously, careful not to step on any of the vines. She was growing light headed from excess use of her power, but summoned it up one last time to create the first object that came to mind: a frying pan. Gripping its icy handle, she swung it back then right into the back of Dark's head, hoping that the force would be enough to knock him out. She got in that one good hit before crumpling to the ground. Her broken cuffs, the wall, and the frying pan all melted, and she struggled to stay contious. "Looks like I'm all out of juice," she muttered, trying to slowly work her way back to her feet.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zTue May 28, 2013 12:10 am

Mirage seemed to thank Evangeline for her last effort to keep Dark out of trouble, and began to try and loosen the vines. Suddenly, she yelped with pain, as Mirage had a sudden headache, and more vines began to appear. Mirage's eyes turned from blue to red. The aura around her began to grow less transparent, and Emon suddenly appeared out of his PokeBall.
"Oh no! Mirage is starting to lose control! Evangeline! You've got to help her!"
The Emolga cried, as he tried to help the girl to her feet.
Azuxme looked even more amused, now. Watching with eager and interested eyes, the Pikachu jumped off of Mirage's shoulder and backed up a bit as to not get in the girl's way.
(lol when Mirage uses her Illusion powers too much or too quickly, she tends to loose control of the immense power)
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zTue May 28, 2013 12:12 am

Dark found himself out like a light, his head tilting forward a bit. He was definitely going to have a migraine later on, him leaned forward a bit in the vines. "Evangeline," he mumbled in his sleep, it clear what he was thinking about. "Abandoned, tired." His pokemon popped from its pokeball, rushing to Evangeline attempting to help her up.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zTue May 28, 2013 12:31 am

With the help of the two Pokemon and her own wings to balance out and steady her, Evangeline was shakily brought to her feet. Her vision blurred and she staggered holding both hands to her head as she tried to push away the urge to pass out andlet things descend into chaos. "Thanks," she whispered to the Pokemon helping her.

Summoning up her last bit of strength, she ran at Mairage, knowing she didn't have enough time to reach her. Becoming desperate, she scooped up a medium sized rock as she ran, and as a final desperate move, she lobbed it in front of her and at Mirage. The stone hurtled at the girl's abdomin. Hoping the sudden contact would be enough to snap the girl out of her overpowering craze, Evangeline could do no more but fall to the ground and let the darkness of uncontiousness consume her.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zTue May 28, 2013 12:37 am

As soon as the stone made impact with Mirage, all the vines disappeared. The aura around her began to fade, and Mirage's eyes reverted to their original color. Shaking her head, the girl looked around to see what had happened, and gasped as she saw that both Dark and Evangeline were unconscious. Struggling to help them, with the help of all the Pokemon, Mirage had managed to get both Dark and Evangeline to a nearby (PokeCenter?) for recovery.
(Timejump?)
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zTue May 28, 2013 12:40 am

[That's up to Fenny-chan]

Dark stayed asleep, his pokemon looking at the two unconscious beings laying side by side. She barked at Mirage before she popped back into her pokeball, leaving Mirage and the other pokemon to watch the two. Dark, for some reason knowing Evangeline was beside him, wrapped his arms aroudn her.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zTue May 28, 2013 12:59 am

(Yup, we can do a time jump, and let's just say a Pokemon Center is where we wake up ^^)

Evangeline shifted uncomfortably, and slowly drifted out of the darkness that grabbed for her mind. She could feel someone's arms around her, but didn't need to open her eyes to see that they belonged to Dark. She was afraid he may take it wrong if she removed herself from them, so instead she just opened her eyes and glanced around, taking in the sight of a Pokemon Center resting area. "M-Mirage?" she asked outloud, not seeing the girl and wondering if she was there.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zTue May 28, 2013 1:06 am

Mirage had been busy outside the room that her friends were in, trying to get some food for them. After talking to the clerk of a nearby cafeteria, the girl managed to get some bread, cheese, and fruit and returned to the PokeCenter. Mirage poked her head through the doorway at hearing her name. "Yes, Evangeline-san?" Food was held in her arms and began to slightly spill out of them.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zTue May 28, 2013 1:09 am

Dark started stirring, a few moments later him waking up. He unwrapped his arms from Evangeline before he put them on his head, starting to sit up. "Stupid fryign pan," he growled, looking aside at Evangeline before he shook his head a bit. "I've got a migraine now, but at least I'm not angry," he sighed to himself.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8zThu May 30, 2013 12:36 am

Evangeline quickly jumped to her feet and made a dive to catch the food that fell. She managed to catch a small container before something else hit the floor and splattered right onto her face. "So much for clean," she laughed, "and I was just making sure you were still here."

When she heard Dark stir, Evangeline smiled and looked over toward him, still on the ground gripping a food container. "Feeling better?" she asked while getting back to her feet and reaching to take care of some of Mirage's hefty food pile.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 23 H6Q0F8z

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next