HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 2: The Rising Action

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Bryan
Bryan

Chapter 2: The Rising Action Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zMon Dec 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Before leaving Littleroot, a Tiny Turtle Pokémon has been added to the team. "You and Squirtle are my only card against the first gym. It's a Rock Gym, y'know." said Bruce with face turned down on the ground talking to his Treecko who is walking beside him. Treecko gives him an annoyed look. "Yeah, she's pretty much owned but... I hate it when I have the advantage so much. I want challenge... I mean, it'd be boring. It won't be enjoyable, y'know." Treecko smiles agreeing with his trainer. He suggests using Magby then. "Magby? Eh, then that'd give me too much of a disadvantage. That'd be frustrating. F... damn mind."

The talk is interrupted by a trainer/wild Pokémon.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zMon Dec 24, 2012 5:50 pm

A Nidoqueen suddenly rampaged through in front of Bruce. It stopped abruptly, snorting and sweating, casting a sideway glance at Bruce. It turned and charged straight at Treecko, recklessly tossing away trees as if they were feathers.

Chapter 2: The Rising Action 031
Level 17

(Blame the RNG)
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zMon Dec 24, 2012 6:02 pm

Seeing the huge thrashing opponent, the two widens their eyes but surprisingly smiled. The noise was enough for Treecko to expect an attack. He quickly hops away. "HELL YEAH! A FUC... OH... EH... TREECKO, LEER!" "She's too much for us... but I believe in our strength. It's either I weaken and capture her or I get pissed and beat her up. She's part Ground, Grass will probably do the trick." he thought. "But... Nidorinas need Moon Stone. How did this one get her hands on one? Probably belongs to a Trainer... Oh well, she attacked, so I fight back."

Treecko glares at the opponent and its eyes glow yellow. Treecko used Leer!
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zTue Dec 25, 2012 7:59 am

Nidoqueen, charging forward with head down did not even see the Leer. It raised one beefy arm and swung down, aiming for Treecko with a strong Scratch.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zTue Dec 25, 2012 8:55 am

The attack Treecko suffered was the most severe so far. He was thrown away and tumbled around. He could barely get up. "Treecko, what the Hell? You are a disappointment." Insults and hatred only gives Treecko a good-luck charm. Treecko stands up and won't last for two more blows. "I know your strength, Grass. You have limits, but not when this move is used. Suck it."

Treecko holds out his arms and fires two red beams from them at the opponent. Should the opponent get hit, its body glows red and Treecko drains its energy. Treecko used Absorb!

A Grass Type attack should work well against a part-Ground Type. Absorb is a move that sucks the foe's energy with the amount of half the damage inflicted. The damage to Treecko was much, so he should be able to absorb more than enough energy.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zTue Dec 25, 2012 9:59 am

Nidoqueen was part ground, but it was also part poison. So it did damage equal to something which was neither super effective nor not very effective. Nidoqueen regarded her tiny foe, then twitched back an ear. She rushed forward, the very ground shaking, as she threw her full force upon Treecko, using Body Slam.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zWed Dec 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Having recovered some energy, Treecko rolls away watching the goliath land on the ground.

I'll leave the decision to you if she gets damaged from that.

"The obstacle avoiding practice will pay off, I told you. Suck while she's off her feet!"

Treecko holds out his arms and fires two red beams from them at the opponent. Should the opponent get hit, its body glows red and Treecko drains its energy. Treecko used Absorb!

"You're right! It really is Bruce and Treecko!" said a trainer watching the fight. His Mudkip is standing beside him on all fours. "They're fighting a Nidoqueen! I know Bruce's good, but what the Hell?" said Chester Shinoda. Mudkip asks permission from his trainer to help. "Don't. We'll only get in the way. The two are better on their own."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zWed Dec 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Nidoqueen, now in full fledged rage with her mind and body hurt, dodged the Absorb with impressive speed and stomped speedily towards Treecko, using Tackle now and not even acknowledging the other boy and his Mudkip.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zWed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm

The rage-driven and adrenaline pumping Nidoqueen collided with the Gecko Pokemon. Treecko was thrown to a tree. It's a critical hit. Treecko dropped face first and lying flat on his stomach. He tried to stand up and he did. Only to drop down again.

Treecko has fainted.

"Heh, taking on someone NOT your own size? D'ya really think I'm backing down? I have just started." said Bruce, his pride and arrogance not shaken at all. He grabs Treecko's Pokeball and returns the fainted partner back to rest. He puts the Ball back and takes another one out.

"I'm blocking your vision and killing you from the inside." he thought. Magby is sent out! "Smokebomb in the hole!"

Magby releases a thick black smoke from its mouth. Magby used Smokescreen!

MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zWed Dec 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Nidoqueen looked around in the smoke, her ears twitching madly. It gave a short bellow and charged at Magby again, using Tackle.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 2:06 am

Unfortunately, the smoke was too thick and dark. Her instincts did tell where Magby is, but the little Pokemon kept moving around to give himself a chance of evasion. The foe's move missed. "Hm, the poison must be able to disguise itself with the smoke." Bruce thought. "Magby, Smog!"

Magby opens its mouth and releases a thick, gray smoke from it. Magby used Smog!

"Smog inflicts damage and has a 40% chance of poisoning the target." - Bulbapedia
-Insert Trollface here-
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 9:18 am

Nidoqueen bellowed in anger. She stomped out of the moke, thus avoiding the slow moving Smog. (It's smoke right? So after it's propelled out of Magby's mouth, it moves at it's own pace. Right?) Nidoqueen jumped up and crashed on the ground, causing the ground to shake violently with her 132 lbs. She then sped towards where she thought Magby was and used Double Kick, raising her massive legs and bringing them down on where her ears informed her Magby was.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 11:39 am

B-b-b-but... Eh, okay. o3o

The attack was almost perfect; Nidoqueen's only mistake is she made the ground shake which would obviously tell Magby to keep running around. The smoke is gone and Magby stopped behind Nidoqueen seeing the giant miss another attack. "Let's do this MMA style..."

"Magby, jump and wrap your arms around Nidoqueen's neck. It should look like a chokehold! Then, Smog on her face!"

"Yep... I'm pretty sure the Smog would work this time. A Leer will be easy to do for a rampaging opponent." he thought.

Magby sped towards the turned Nidoqueen and leaped high. He would do some sort of a restration by putting his arms around her neck in a tight grip, typically from behind. A chokehold will be made. It should prevent either air or blood from passing through the neck of an opponent.

Magby would open its mouth and release a thick, gray smoke from it. Magby will use Smog!

MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 11:46 am

Nidoqueen twitched her ears in annoyance. She didn't notice the Magby and when it caught her neck, gripping tightly, she panicked. She was hurt by the Smog but being part Poison type saved her from being poisoned. (It's very hard to poison a poison type. You know that right?)

She raised a beefy arm and swatted at Magby, then tried to grasp Magby and toss it afar.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 11:52 am

But on the games... Oh well. Eh, tough luck, eh? :P

Magby saw the incoming beefy arm, but he quickly spun - not letting go of his grip, to the front, now facing Nidoqueen's huge face.

"I don't like where this is going... LEER!"

Magby glares at the opponent and its eyes glow red. Magby used Leer!

"Bruce has to win this or all these stuff will embarass him." said Chester, still watching from a distance. Mudkip agrees.

MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Nidoqueen snorted, nearly blowing Magby off. She quickly raised a clawed hand, aiming for a close range Scratch, though she was getting tired.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Bruce noticed that the attack landed succesfully sending Magby dropping to the ground and the attack was thrown differently. "She's getting tired! Time for the kill! Magby, try to stand up! You do not give up if you want to be stronger!"

Magby stands up and is eager for more! He is angered! Magby fights better if angered! Magby lets out a huge, but tiny roar - like a tiger cub roaring, it almost sounded like an angry cat. "Let's fire your anger up even more! Ember!"

Magby opens its mouth and shoots bolts of fire out of its mouth at the opponent. Magby used Ember!

MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 12:14 pm

(Tiger cubs can't roar. They only sound they have is a weird mew and a strange rasping sound which is the fore runner of the growl. Sorry, I'm an animal lover so I read as much as I can about them...)

Nidoqueen was singed and burnt, but not down yet. She ran towards Magby, using Tackle.

Last edited by Flamelunar on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 12:32 pm

I know. That's why I typed "almost sounded like an angry cat". Imagine a cub roaring, it would sound very light. Anyway, Click here. Put your mouse pointer on the white block where Fire and Ground meets. It says normal effectiveness. So...

MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 3:25 pm

Whoops. Just let me edit it quickly.

Edit: Done.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Thank you very much. By "burnt", do you mean she's in the BRN condition?

Since Magby is too close, he had no chance to dodge. He's sent tumbling backwards, but managed to stand up after it. "Ember."

Magby opens its mouth and shoots bolts of fire out of its mouth at the opponent. Magby used Ember!

"I'll attack her one more time after this, then I will attempt the capture."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 3:45 pm

(Yes. Sorry I didn't make it clear :/)

Nidoqueen side-stepped as she dodged the flurry of small globules of fire. She closed in and used Double Kick on the ground, shaking it enough for Magby to lose his footing and fall. She then closed in even more and tried to use Body Slam.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Yay, I don't have to poison her anymore. She will take damage every after her own attack because of the BRN.

Magby lost her balance. A Level 17 huge Pokemon will be quick enough against a lower level foe, but the move Body Slam requires a few seconds to jump and drop down. Magby uses that time to quickly roll away, just like what Treecko did earlier.

"Perfect! Let's finish this, Ember at full power!"

MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Nidoqueen raised an arm to use it as a shield but took some damage. The Burn kicked in and Nidoqueen grovelled on her arms and knees. Her arm distinctly hurt as she had singed it. Nidoqueen gave a small bellow then collapsed, lying on the ground with dust floating around her. Her eyes were still open but she was breathing heavily.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8zSat Dec 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Bruce felt pity and sadness at the sight of the fallen foe, but didn't let his spirit down. "This is a battle, I must not let my emotions control me. But really, why do I think this is the foe acting weak? Nice work, Magby!"

Bruce throws a Pokeball!
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Rising Action   Chapter 2: The Rising Action H6Q0F8z

Chapter 2: The Rising Action
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next