HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Right To Edit Trainer Apps

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should the normal members have the right to edit their own trainer apps even after approval?
Yes
The Right To Edit Trainer Apps I_vote_lcap60%The Right To Edit Trainer Apps I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
No
The Right To Edit Trainer Apps I_vote_lcap40%The Right To Edit Trainer Apps I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Bryan
Bryan

The Right To Edit Trainer Apps Empty
PostSubject: The Right To Edit Trainer Apps   The Right To Edit Trainer Apps H6Q0F8zThu Dec 06, 2012 9:54 am

This will be the last time I'll try to convince the staff about this matter. I think that members should be allowed to edit their trainer application even after approval. It belongs to them, so they can do what they want with it as long as it does not break a rule. The staff can't avoid having someone cheat by increasing their money, edit the Pokemon's level, items, etc. Actually, you guys can. The moderators must copy and save the Items, Badges, Money and Pokemon section of each character, they mod into Notepad, etc. If they don't have their own computer, then they can keep a record of it exactly into this site. That way, if the member cheats, the moderator will notice it. Should a cheater be found, he must be asked (for example, he gave himself $5000 from out of nowhere) where the money came from and the topic where he got it as proof. The mods must check each character app if there has been any obvious signs of cheating every single day. After they are done modding for a character, of course they can dispose the saved info.

Again, the character apps belong to the members and should have free will to edit it if they want to put some additional stuff, their style (some want it centered, like this or like that), etc. Sometimes the mod can't understand what the owner actually wants or forgets to change or put any changes (earned money, captured Pokemon, etc.) and the owner forgets it, too. There's also a poll above where anyone can support my idea. I promise that this will be the last time.

PS: Click me. Seriously, it's been two days since my last request. I don't get any response or changes.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: The Right To Edit Trainer Apps   The Right To Edit Trainer Apps H6Q0F8zThu Dec 06, 2012 2:27 pm

I still vote no. It's not so much cheating on your own apps I'm worried about, it's giving the capability to alter and delete other's apps that scares me. Someone could get mad at someone else, and go ahead and delete all of that other person's characters. It also seems like a lot of extra work for the mods to keep track of every single character...

Leo
Leo

PostSubject: Re: The Right To Edit Trainer Apps   The Right To Edit Trainer Apps H6Q0F8zThu Dec 06, 2012 2:32 pm

i agree with avarita and i regret that i have voted yes it looked a good idea at the begin but know i want to vote no
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: The Right To Edit Trainer Apps   The Right To Edit Trainer Apps H6Q0F8zThu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Why would anyone do that? And you can make a rule against it. It's not as hard as you think it is. You only have to check once every single day.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: The Right To Edit Trainer Apps   The Right To Edit Trainer Apps H6Q0F8zThu Dec 06, 2012 9:05 pm

That's far more work than the mods have as is, don't you think loading them with MORE to do would only DECREASE their activity? I say no. Even if the poll had passed, sorry but it's not really a public matter. It's a matter for the staff, since it's they who have to do the work and perform the duties.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: The Right To Edit Trainer Apps   The Right To Edit Trainer Apps H6Q0F8zFri Dec 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Pfft. Okay.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: The Right To Edit Trainer Apps   The Right To Edit Trainer Apps H6Q0F8zMon Dec 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Look, I'm a mod on a few sites, and yes, maybe it's some extra work, but really, if a mod forgets to add a Pokemon, its level, or a trainer's money, and the user forgets, then remembers later, what happens? They leave, they tell their friends the place sucks, we don't get anyone else as the matter spreads through real life and the internet. Would you rather have no new members or would you rather let people change their own trainers? That's the question. I know from experience. Maybe it's possible to cheat, but I know a few people on this site well enough to know they ain't cheaters. I doubt anyone would cheat anyway. I vote yes, though the poll was closed. Just give it a small something like 1 week trial, if something happens or someone cheats, then I could understand you removing their right to change it. But just give it one chance. Seriously. I killed my fingers typing trial and error messages doing this. e-e
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Right To Edit Trainer Apps   The Right To Edit Trainer Apps H6Q0F8z

The Right To Edit Trainer Apps
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1