HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Birthday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Mew
Mew

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Birthday   Birthday H6Q0F8zThu Jul 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Quite frankly the new birthday package is lame. You can try telling me otherwise but it doesn't change the fact. My idea for it is to add birthstone pokemon too it, normak pokemon recolored to that month's birthstone. A Trainer can pick their favorite non legendary pokemon, have it recolored and given at lvl 5. Such as I like lucario I could get a riolu recolor which later evolves into a lucario recolor for instance. It's not much different then a starter pokemon besides it's weaker then most start out as and recolored so it looks different but other then that it's the same. I made these awhile back which gave me the idea for this suggestion
Birthday BirthstoneLucario
Dragon Kurai

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday H6Q0F8zThu Jul 05, 2012 7:07 pm

I can 100% agree with the idea, but it sounds like a lot of recoloring o.o
Mew
Mew

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday H6Q0F8zThu Jul 05, 2012 7:19 pm

I'd do the recoloring myself if I had too, that's easy what it comes to spriting
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday H6Q0F8zThu Jul 05, 2012 10:53 pm

While I like the idea, what if you didn't like your birthstone? My birthday is in this month and while I like wearing ruby jewelry, I hate the color red so I wouldn't want a recolor of any pokemon in that color. Would there be an alternative?
Mew
Mew

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday H6Q0F8zFri Jul 06, 2012 2:28 am

there's actually more then one birthstone for each month if you include all the ones listed here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthstones
For those lucario sprites I actually used quite a mix of the ones listed on the chart there for each month. My July Lucario I actually used Ruby, Onyx and Turquoise for it

Last edited by Lucario on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday H6Q0F8zFri Jul 06, 2012 2:30 am

Nope.
Asuka Langley Soryu
Asuka Langley Soryu

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday H6Q0F8zFri Jul 06, 2012 2:33 am

I like the idea, I also like the current birthday one too though.
You don't have to do birthstones either, you can use starstones, which are more coordinated with your astrology sign.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday H6Q0F8zFri Jul 06, 2012 2:56 am

Lucario wrote:
Quite frankly the new birthday package is lame. You can try telling me otherwise but it doesn't change the fact. My idea for it is to add birthstone pokemon too it, normak pokemon recolored to that month's birthstone. A Trainer can pick their favorite non legendary pokemon, have it recolored and given at lvl 5. Such as I like lucario I could get a riolu recolor which later evolves into a lucario recolor for instance. It's not much different then a starter pokemon besides it's weaker then most start out as and recolored so it looks different but other then that it's the same. I made these awhile back which gave me the idea for this suggestion
Birthday BirthstoneLucario

First and foremost Luna, it is not a fact that the package is lame. It is your opion and perhaps the opinion of others. People can easily and simply brush your suggestion off because you only acheknowledged your opinion as complete and utter fact. Secondly, I don't see any new suggestions presented here. Shiny pokemon technically, in a role-play situation, can be defined as any color. So you are simply presenting them with a Lv5 shiny pokemon.

Second, with the first option of the birthday package, you can recieve 3000 pokedollar, 5 Rade Candies and a random Egg. The other offers 5000 Pokedollar and 10 Rare Candies. These are very fair and just options as many trainers do not fight other trainers, usually just wild pokemon and gym leaders. And the random Egg, that I'm assuming can hatch into anything would be much more prized and sought after than a single shiny pokemon.

Thirdly, your presentation of information could have been placed together better than what you did. In fact, I'm almost tempte to ask you to proof-read and edit your suggestion. Next time you decide to suggest something that's technically possible to happen on it's own, with such implications and rewards from the opposing side, don't present in such a poor manner.

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday H6Q0F8zFri Jul 06, 2012 3:42 pm

I dislike this suggestion because I think that money and some Rare Candies are more appreciable and useful than a recolored Pokemon.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mew
Mew

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday H6Q0F8zFri Jul 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Because it gives p;eople something unique instead of a cookie cutter thing that really isn't really worth much of anything. Besides if you don't like it you don't have to get it
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday H6Q0F8zFri Jul 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Once again use better wording and don't be so ignorant. You may think it's unique but it's not. Everyone would get one on their birthday and eventually you'd be back to the old gifts because yours is just recolored pokemon. There's no variety because it's base upon the birthstone colors. Only a variety in which pokemon.
Lucretia
Lucretia

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday H6Q0F8zWed Jul 11, 2012 5:58 am

Honestly, Mira is right in that you stated your opinion as fact. Ignoring this, the staff were the ones who voted on what would be fair to give out to players for their birthdays. As there are already "special colored" Pokemon on the site, it's also true that those Pokemon are already possibilities as well.
Sponsored content

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday H6Q0F8z

Birthday
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1