HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aqua: Training Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

Aqua: Training Thread Empty
PostSubject: Aqua: Training Thread   Aqua: Training Thread H6Q0F8zSat Jun 09, 2012 12:48 am

Training Topic:
Trainer: Aqua
Pokemon: Manaphy, starting lvl 3

It had been a few days since Aqua had last trained Manaphy any and she knew the pokemon needed some more practice if she was ever going to be able to defend herself from anyone that might want to steal her. However, the responsibility of training her fell back on Aqua. As such, Aqua had picked a small area on the beach that they could both get some practice in on. Aqua had noticed that the sky was overcast, perfect for their training. Aqua set Manaphy down in front of her and placed both hands on her hips, breathing out as she did so. “Ok, Manaphy, I want you to give it your all ok?” Manaphy looked up at her trainer and smiled bright. “Mana!” Aqua smiled and nodded.

“Ok, here’s what we’re going to do. We’ll be working on your move, Bubble, today. I think accuracy is very important when it comes to this particular move so I want it to be in top condition alright? Ok, let’s begin!” Aqua turned toward the water, focusing all her energy into controlling the water perfectly. She sent up jets of water from the ocean and ordered Manaphy to hit each on of them as they appeared. Manaphy took a deep breath and was ready for each wave of Aqua’s water jets. Manaphy saw the water shift and dug deep within her strength before releasing a plethora of shiny, translucent array of effervescent bubbles. The bubbles would fly across the air as if shot out by a cannon, an almost endless wave coming from her mouth as she kept up the hits. The first set of bubbles missed the pillar of water entirely, being slightly off it’s accuracy, the second following the first’s example. Manaphy stopped the bubble barrage and looked over at Aqua like she was about ready to cry. Aqua noticed this and stopped moving the water. “Hey, none of that. We train like this so that we can get better. You’re doing fine. Just keep trying and I’m sure you’ll get it! Look for signs of where I’ll be sending up the next jet of water and I’m sure you’ll be able to get it no problem.” Aqua readied herself once again and Manaphy looked out towards the water. Her eyes were set in determination. She listened to her ‘mother’s’ words once more and focused more on the destination rather than the strength behind the bubbles. The first thing she would pick up would be the slight ripple in the water before the jet would be sent up. This was due to Aqua still being in training when it came to her water control. The ripples would only last for a few seconds before the water would shoot up. Manaphy was ready for this and as soon as the water had started to come up, the bubbles were already flying through the air, colliding perfectly with their target. The water would splash out from it’s original destination upward and be forced to fall off towards the sides and back into the water in a small array of droplets. Manaphy saw this happen with the first pillar of water and smiled brightly, clapping it’s arms in joy. “Mana Mana!” Aqua smiled at her pokemon’s happiness, knowing just how well it felt when you’d learned how to do something right. She then pointed back out at the water and Manaphy went to do it once more. For the next few minutes or so, Manaphy sent the bubbles towards the pillars and nearly all would make contact with the target, the others grazing the sides but not hitting them entirely. It seemed that Manaphy had already greatly improved with working with the move, bubble. Aqua came over and hugged her pokemon, smiling brightly once they had finished honing the moves accuracy. “That was great, Manaphy. I’m very proud of you. Now, let’s try something a little different, ok? This might be a bit easier than actually trying to hit a single specific moving target. Here’s how we’re going to do it.” Aqua stood and snapped her fingers. Instantly, rain started to fall from the sky in a light drizzle over their location. Manaphy looked up curiously and then back at her trainer.

“We’re going to be working on Blizzard now. I know you don’t have much skill working with this move so it might take a bit more practice. Still, I want the same amount of effort put into this move as you did with Bubble, alright? Make it snow!” Aqua stood back for this one. Most of her clothes had already been covered by the light rain and it would depend on how long they had to work on this if she would be soaked or not. Manaphy seemed to be loving the rain though, her body seeming to just soak the rain up and reenergize her. Aqua really wanted to see her pokemon succeed in her efforts. Manaphy had already focused her attention on the light drizzle and wondered just how she was going to make a fairly effect Blizzard. It would take a lot of power to effect a large area. Still she would try. Once more, she felt her inner strength and took another deeps breath. This time little pellets of snow shot from Manaphy’s mouth, though it wasn’t much. The slight drizzle of rain preventing any real flurry from happening. Manaphy tried again, taking a deep breath and releasing the snow. A little more was projected this time, creating a little mix of snow and freezing some of the rain into ice sharps. Manaphy could see her progess and Aqua cheered while she shivered from the coldness that came with the small bursts of snow and cold air. “Good job Manaphy! K-K-Keep it up!” Manaphy smiled at her trainer and this time but all her effort behind it. She would take in as much air as she could and send out the snow. “MANA!” This time the reaction was almost instantaneous. The snow whipped up a dreadful wind and froze the rain, creating a snowy, icy combination. Aqua wrapped her arms around herself, shivering from the combination of wet clothes and the frigid air. “T-Th-That’s great Manaphy! G-G-Good j-j-job!” Manaphy kept up the blizzard attack for as long as she could. By the time she stopped there was a light coating of snow on the ground. Aqua snapped her fingers again and the rain stopped. It was still overcast though, which didn’t exactly stop her shivering. Manaphy looked over at her trainer and instantly felt bad for making Aqua feel like that. Aqua shook her head and kneeled, seeing the guilt on Manaphy’s face. “No, d-d-don’t f-f-feel bad. This is nothing. I’m just a little c-c-cold. You did amazing. Let’s work on something else now.” Aqua stood, trying to ignore her freezing wet clothes and thought about what they could work on next. Offensive was finished, now some defensive tactics.

“Alright Manaphy, I know you can deliver some hits now, so let’s see what we can do with preventative protection methods. I don’t think I can directly help with this. Let me see what…” Aqua looked up and saw one of the kids that lived next to her. He had some fire types, last time she talked with him. “Hey, Nathan! Think you can give Manaphy and I a hand here?” The trainer looked over at her and nodded, running over. “Sure, Aqua, anything for you. What do you guys need?” Aqua motioned to her wet clothes and then Manaphy. “Well, we’re out here training, and we’ve already worked on Bubble and Blizzard. Now we need to work on Water Sport and Tail Glow, but I can’t help with that. Think we can borrow some of your fire pokemon?” The boy nodded before removing one of his pokeballs and letting out the pokemon. “Sure, been meaning to work on some stuff with my Chimchar anyway.” The Chimchar looked over at Manaphy, instantly smiling at the seafaring pokemon. Aqua nodded and went to stand behind Manaphy, like she would if it were a battle. Although it was more of a spar if anything, not an actual battle.

“Ok Manaphy! You know what we’re working on! Use water sport to bring down Chimchar’s fire power!” Aqua called to her pokemon. Manaphy mock saluted and began drenching herself in water. Any fire type move that his her would reduce the hit’s attack by half, which could pay off even if Manaphy did have the advantage as a water type. She watched as Nathan ordered his Chimchar to use Ember. “Manaphy, take this hit. Remember, this is to raise your skill level of the move.” Manaphy nodded as the small ball of fire hit her straight on. It wasn’t nearly as bad as it could have been, but it did cause her a little bit of pain. “I’m sorry Manaphy. Let’s do it again to make sure we have it down, ok? Use water sport again!” Manaphy put her full trust in her trainer and used water sport again, once more coating herself in water. While this wouldn’t add anymore effectiveness to reduce damage, it would help with practice. Manaphy waited as another ember attack was sent her way. This time Manaphy seemed to take the pain a little better, meaning most of her body had been coated in a nice layer of water. It was a good thing that Nathan’s Chimchar was only a level 4 or the damage could have been a lot more threatening, even at a toned down level. “Alright, looking good there!” Aqua gave Manaphy a thumbs up, making a note in her head to give Manaphy some extra treats tonight for her hard work.

“Now, Manaphy use Tail Glow!” Manaphy, not really having much of a tail, allowed the tips of her antenna to glow. It let off a faint light and in it surged a power through her system that would strengthen her inner abilities. This wasn’t much of a task to master but it did take a second to work. In that time Chimchar had ran at her, attempting to use scratch. “Time to put your training to use. Manaphy, dodge and use Bubble. Really pack a punch from that buffed up power!” Manaphy nodded and lept out of the way, twisting her body so that she was facing Chimchar. She then let out another barrage of bubbles, Chimchar taking the full brunt. Seeing as Manaphy had the hightened special attack from the tail glow and she used a super effective water type move. Chimchar was almost nearly one shot. However, after Nathan saw this he went over and put Chimchar back in his pokeball and nodded at Aqua before running home. Aqua picked up Manaphy and hugged her pokemon to her. “Well, wasn’t that something! You did really well today! I’m so proud of you!” However, their attention was caught again when a splash was heard in the waters nearby. Apparently a Buizel had been swimming nearby and the small spar had caught it’s attention. Aqua set Manaphy down and looked over at the Buizel. “So, you want to help up train too?” The Buizel nodded his head and smiled at them. Aqua laughed and gave it a thumbs up. “Alright, here we go! Manaphy, start it off strong! Use Blizzard!” Manaphy quickly sucked in a large amount of air and blew the icy snow and wind at the Buizel. The Buizel took the hit, not entirely used to the coldness and ended up freezing like a popsicle. The Buizel struggled against the ice, trying to remove the stiffness. While that was going on, Aqua took the opportunity to pump up Manaphy’s own strength since she was fighting another water type after all. “Manaphy, use Tail Glow!” Manaphy once more lit up her antenna and the strength imbued with in her, storing up for the next attack. This next round, the Buizel had managed to break itself out of the partial icy chamber and looked ready to strike. Indeed, the Buizel readied itself and shot a stream of water at Manaphy. “Oh, water gun! That’s nifty. Alright, Manaphy dodge and go at it using Bubble!” “Mana Mana!” Manaphy went to dodge, but the water gun still managed to graze her. I wasn’t very effective though so she managed to recover and shoot the numerous bubbles towards her foe. The Buizel was smart though and managed to maneuver around the bubbles using Quick Attack. “Manaphy! Watch out! Try to dodge and use Bubble again!” Manaphy didn’t hesitate to listen to her trainer and follow the given instructions. Manaphy managed to dodge the quick attack perfectly and flipped again, shooting Buizel with a direct Bubble attack. The Buizel, while still in good condition signaled that it wished to stop. Aqua came over and kneeled in from of it and gave it’s head a quick pat and a treat for helping them out. “Thanks little guy, we really did need the practice. Now I know Manaphy is ready for more difficult levels of training and some new techniques.” The Buizel waved to Aqua and Manaphy quickly before diving back into the water, quickly disappearing from sight. Aqua went back over and picked Manaphy up, nuzzling her head against Manaphy’s. “You surprise me more and more each day. I think that’s enough training though. Let’s go get you a potion and some treats, huh? I think you’ve earned it.” Manaphy nuzzled her trainer back and the two began the walk back to their home.

However, on their way back the two heard a commotion coming from a nearby alleyway and went to inspect what was going on. When they got there, they saw a Growlithe that was bullying a Pichu. Aqua immediately became angered by this display and Manaphy tapped her, wanting to actually fight against the Growlithe. Aqua nodded and set her down, both ready to fight. “Hey, why don’t you pick on someone your own size and leave that Pichu alone!” The Growlithe turned it’s attention onto Aqua and Manaphy. The feral fire type pokemon bared it’s teeth and started running at them in a blind rage. Aqua ground her teeth together and instantly issued orders. “Manaphy, use Blizzard when it gets close!” Manaphy nodded, already prepping herself. Right as the Growlithe was prepared to dig it’s teeth into her, Manaphy used Blizzard, instantly hitting the Growlithe’s face and knocking it back with the intensity of the combined force of air and precipitation. This only seemed to anger the Growlithe more. It’s power seemed almost lethal. “Ok, not good. Manaphy, use water sport now!” Manaphy only had a few seconds but managed to soak herself in water right as Growlithe unleashed a fiery hot ember attack. Manaphy didn’t however manage to get out of the way, but at least the attack was partially blocked. Manaphy was looking to be in bad shape after two spars and now this ember attack. Aqua was getting concerned for her pokemon. She needed to think fast because the Growlithe was already using leer on Manaphy. Manaphy flinched and looked near ready to cry, her defenses lowered. Aqua knew she had to do something now or Manaphy would be knocked outl. “Manaphy, I need you to do this as quickly as you can. Use Tail Glow, then when the Growlithe charges at you, follow it with a quick Bubble!” Manaphy struggled to stand, but did so as she did not want to let her trainer down. The Growlithe let out a deep guttural noise from within it’s chest, but it was soon release in a loud roar that shook the walls around them. Even Aqua managed to cringe from the mere sound of it. What had made this thing so angry? Normally this type of thing would scare off pokemon, as indicated by the Pichu becoming so terrified it sprinted away as fast as it could. Manaphy appeared to be shaking now, but she would not leave her trainer. “Manaphy, stay focused. I know you can do this!” Manaphy answered back in a less confident manner than before. “Mana…” Still she had already used Tail Glow, as the light was dimly fading from her antenna and she had taken a deep breath in preparation for the bubble attack she would unleash. As Aqua had predicted, the Growlithe charged at her full force, fangs looking more deadly then ever. “Release the Bubbles!” Manaphy shot out more bubbles than she ever had previously, desperation taken into account here. The Growlithe, in it’s furious rage, ran straight through them, but never managed to reach Manaphy as the strength of the two combined hits had severely weakened it. The Growlithe shook it’s head before whimpering and stumbling back a bit before the two witnessed it faint in front of them. Aqua placed Manaphy back in her pokeball after saying once again what a good job she did and then went to retrieve the Growlithe. She couldn’t just leave it to recover in the street, especially with that type of anger. Aqua quickly ran to the nearby pokemon center and explained the situation to Nurse Joy who seemed to have heard something about a Growlithe that had been causing trouble around town. She took it into the back to heal it up and promised to contact Officer Jenny immediately. Perhaps it could go to one of her cousins after a bit of training. Aqua nodded and asked for Manaphy to be healed as well. Nurse Joy all too happily agreed, bringing the pokemon back and telling Aqua how much stronger Manaphy seemed since their last visit. Aqua took Manaphy back in her arms and smiled. “Yeah, she’s been putting in so much effort in her training. We’re going to head home now, today has been kind of long and hectic.” Nurse Joy nodded as the two left, hopefully managing to get home without further incident. They didn’t need another fight.

Word Count: 3060

((Hope I did this right. Was mostly trying to get a decent start on Manaphy.))
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Aqua: Training Thread   Aqua: Training Thread H6Q0F8zFri Jun 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Trainer App: Aqua Marie Rainfell
Words: 3092
EXP Gained: 309.2 -> 309
Pokemon Used: 1 [Manaphy]

[Lvl] Pokemon [EXP]

[Lv 3] Manaphy [0] --> [Lv 25] Manaphy [12]
Manaphy learned Charm
Manaphy learned Supersonic
Manaphy learned Bubblebeam

I'm unsure if Manaphy would evolve or not, as my primary source seems to be offline or something, so if there is, please notify me ^^
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: Aqua: Training Thread   Aqua: Training Thread H6Q0F8zFri Jul 27, 2012 5:29 am

Pokemon Training Thread Part 2

Trainer: Aqua

(note there are three separate training posts in this, I just didn't want to post three times. The pokemon used will be noted at the beginning of each new section and a line break will be between the separated training paragraphs. Please score the 3 separately and give the xp to the according pokemon used per paragraph.)

(Number 1)
Pokemon Used: Lapras
Word Count: 3,774

Aqua walked into the icy caverns, not expecting there to be a large unfrozen lake centered at it’s very heart. Still, this would give her the perfect opportunity to train her Lapras in these kind of conditions. Aqua withdrew the single pokeball containing the purple beauty and let her out in the cold waters. Fleur seemed unfazed by the cold waters, in fact she seemed to be quite happy to see Aqua again. Aqua smiled and hugged Fleur’s snout once as the Lapras called happily. “Alright Fleur, I know you have been dying to show off some of those amazing skills of yours and this is just the place to do it. We will be working with some of them to harness your strength ok? Just be careful, I’m not sure what kind of pokemon are in here.” Fleur nodded and waited for any instruction that Aqua was willing to give her. Aqua thought for a moment on the water and ice based attacks she knew the Fleur was bound to know and decided to start off with something simple. “Ok let us give Ice Shard a try. Concentrate on the development and shapes. Try and keep the shards thick and durable, but small.” Fleur rolled her eyes like this was a no brainer and opened her mouth, a light blue ball of energy starting to charge in her mouth. The air around them chilled ever so slightly as four small blocks of jagged ice formed from the blue energy and were sent flying towards the water. The shards were slightly bigger than a soccer ball and looked rather durable. Aqua certainly would not want to be hit in the head by one. Aqua kicked the shard from her placed on land and cringed when she felt the backlash. Aqua patted Fleur on the side and offered encouragement to the larger pokemon. “That was great Fleur. Now, how about we up the standards a little huh? Do that again, but this time, make the shards larger and flatter. Sort of like a small floating ice chunk capable of holding me.” Fleur smirked this time, taking pride in her previous work. She was now going to up the standards and show Aqua she could do anything. Fleur turned in the large body of water and aimed in the middle of the lake to craft her perfect patch of ice. This would require a larger amount of energy since she would be creating one large single shard, but not much that it would tire her easily. Fleur opened her jaws once more and the same ball of light blue light was visible. Aqua watched as the Lapras maintained a look of concentration on her face as the ball swelled in power. Fleur finally shot the beam outwards as a flash of ice formed from the large energy and a loud splash was heard from the lake as the chunk of ice made contact with the surface. When the ice floated back up it was a fairly well crafted medium sized flat bit of ice, perfect for Aqua to stand on. Now the real test, would it hold her and remain floating? Fleur pushed the ice over to her trainer and Aqua hesitantly stepped onto the floating chunk. After a few simple bobs the ice steadied and Aqua found herself simply standing as the slab of ice traveled around the lake. Aqua grinned at her pokemon who didn’t seem all that impressed with the task seeing as she was used to perfection. Aqua laughed at that and continued to test the ice shard by picking up one of the soccer ball sized ones and throwing it as the wall. When the shard remained intact Aqua was highly impressed. “Fleur, send several bits of ice shards flying at the wall.” The Lapras looked at her trainer like she was crazy but did as she was told. Fleur sent several small shards, not using quite as much energy this time, and this time small ping pong ball sized chunks of ice flew towards the wall and bounced back with a slight ‘ping’ each time. Aqua nodded, thoroughly impressed at the strength her Lapras had.
Aqua continued to float on the ice barge but she could easily still work on other moves. It did not take long before she thought of another move that she would like to see how Fleur handled it. “Alright Fleur, I think it is time to work on Body Slam. I do not, however, feel like causing this cave to have a cave in anywhere from the vibrations so we will have to dive and find something down there, ok? Here we go.” Aqua leapt over onto Fleur’s back and held on tightly to her neck as the Transport Pokemon dove under the surface in the cave. Aqua did as she remembered Toki had suggested and forced the water around her head away, leaving a small bubble helmet around her head and the oxygen she needed to breathe. With that out of the way, Aqua watched as Fleur navigated the unexpectedly large cavern lake. It seemed rather deep and there were plenty of things to test body slam out on. “Alright Fleur, this is good.” Aqua swam off and out of the way, looking for larger targets to have Fleur practice on. After swimming around for a bit, she found a section of large rocks that did not look like they would take the cavern down if Fleur practiced slamming her body into them. Aqua waved over the purple pokemon and pointed towards the rocks. “Ok, here is going to be accuracy and impact training. You know what to do! Body Slam that thing!” Fleur nodded in the water, giving a gleeful high pitched call as she started to swim quickly towards the large underwater rock formation. Her body hit it at a high velocity, creating a loud smack followed by a crumbling sound as small rock parts flew in multiple directions. Aqua found herself having to duck from one that was flying straight at her head. After recovering from the good precision the Lapras had, Aqua looked back and noticed the rock did look pretty banged up, but it wasn’t entirely broken. There still seemed to be at least half the side still there, yet it did show she had some power and she did manage to hit the target. “That is great Fleur, now this time try to destroy the whole thing. Be careful about where the rocks are going to fly this time if you can.” Fleur seemed displeased in her lack of ability not to destroy the rock the first time. It seemed inevitable though that she would not be perfect at everything. Fleur turned around and distanced herself a little farther from the rock than she had the first time. With her head lowered she managed to plow straight ahead, appearing as almost cutting through the water as she raced towards the rocks. With a final crash the rock blow apart as the impact of her body met the hard stone. The bits of rubble flew in all directions once again but not nearly as bad as before and Fleur didn’t seem harmed at all. Aqua was pleased with these results and gave the Lapras two thumbs up. “That was a really good job Fleur. How about we look into another move now while we’re down here. Sing perhaps?” Aqua swam over to a rock ledge against the wall and sat down, picking up a fairly good sized rock and placing it on her legs to keep her anchored there.
Fleur looked at her trainer with glee then. She always figured that she had a wonderful singing voice and being away from her pod had not really given her the opportunity she wanted to use these vocal chords to such potential. The Lapras swam around and started to let out various pitches of sound that were strung together, reaching out to the vast distances of hopefully some connection to the ocean. Aqua loved to hear the songs of Lapras’. They were so touching and beautiful to the ear that they were hard not to just sit and enjoy. Aqua listened for a while until she started to feel herself becoming drowsy from the songs her Lapras was singing. She signaled for the pokemon to stop and Lapras swam over to her after halting the high and low pitched song. Aqua pointed to the surface and grabbed onto Lapras’ neck as the pokemon lifted both of them up. Once they broke through the top, Aqua took a few deep breaths because smiling at the Lapras. “That was very good. I think we should go put that training to the test don’t you? Alright let’s go!” Aqua returned Lapras to her pokeball and ran out of the cave toward the nearest city. Once she reached it, she noticed that there was a contest going on today. Well, a Contest wouldn’t be so bad and it would definitely test Fleur’s strength and give her some more training. Aqua quickly signed up and entered the arena, her Lapras’ ball in hand as she waited for her name to be called. When it was she made her way out and stood on her platform. The trainer across from her was a girl with white hair, like her friend Kimiko’s, and she seemed to be shaking just a bit. The two of them were anxious as they stood on opposing sides of arena on their platforms, holding their pokeballs in their hands. Both were waiting for the other to call out one of their pokemon but neither seemed eager to reveal anything. Still when Alice flicked her wrist out Aqua knew she would be in for a fight.
"Squirtle, c'mon out!" Alice commanded, throwing her pokeball into the air. Her Squirtle spun around inside its shell as it phased out of the pokeball, doing a flip, and landing onto the little island that was in the middle of the water with a shout.
"Fleur, I choose you!" Aqua's pokemon appeared underwater with a flash of light before rearing up out of the water with a one of her usually happy chirps.
Alice was the one who took the first move. "Squirtle," she ordered. "Use ice beam!" Opening its mouth, jagged blue beams shot forth from its mouth, heading straight towards the larger water pokemon, glitters of the blue light sprinkling down, creating a relatively beautiful yet powerful attack. Aqua seemed thankful that Alice had attacked first, otherwise her Lapras may not have listened had she been ordered to attack. Aqua thought on her feet quickly to have her pokemon avoid the oncoming attack.
"Fleur, avoid the attack by diving underwater!" Aqua shouted to Fleur, who promptly obeyed, diving under right as the ice beam froze the surface of the water where she had been floating at just moments ago.
"Squirtle, you go under as well!" With a shout, the turtle pokemon also dove into the water. The battle now beneath the surface, the audience had an easier time seeing the battle through the crystal clear glass that held the water on the battlefield. The two water pokemon were facing each other now, Squirtle looking ridiculously small compared to the massive transport pokemon, yet he did not seem at all afraid.
Fleur suddenly send large ice shards at the smaller pokemon, but missed due to Squirtle’s dodging as he narrowly avoided them by weaving through the water. As a result though, he ended up spinning around due to the wake caused by the large shards as they raced by him. Regaining its position, he swam right at Fleur, slamming his head right into the large pokemon's side, the strength of his attack actually strong enough to knock the Lapras back a decent amount, although Aqua had prepared for such a thing and quickly thought of what the Lapras could do to retaliate. A good body slam would take the little squirt out. “Come on Fleur, take the shrimp down using a well aimed body slam!”
Recovering from the blow, Fleur shook her head and lunged upwards at the turtle, this time making a direct blow on the smaller pokemon and launching the two of them upwards, and crashing through the ice that had been formed above them just moments ago.
Alice suddenly got an idea as she saw both of the pokemon falling in midair. Calling out to her pokemon, she said, "Use ice beam while spinning on the water Squirtle, quick!"
"Squirtle!" the pokemon affirmed, pulling into its shell. Out of all six openings in its shell, the blue beam of frozen energy scattered on the arena below, freezing the entire surface of the water, solidifying the entire battlefield. The ice was thick enough to withstand the weight of the Lapras as she crashed onto the cold ground. The ice was easily strong enough to hold the small Squirtle as he landed on the ground.
This would be tough. Fleur wasn't as agile on land as she was in the water, luckily Aqua had a few things up her sleeve and was prepared for such an attack. Yet Alice was not about to give up either. "Fleur, use Confuse Ray!" she ordered, as the pokemon responded by releasing a ray of pink psychic energy from her horn, which shot forward towards Squirtle.
"Dodge it by sliding on the ice with rapid spin!" Alice quickly told her pokemon. Sure enough, the water pokemon withdrew into its shell, and spun rapidly, sliding across the ice with lightning speed, however Fleur seemed able to adjust to this and redirected into the Squirtle‘s path. Squirtle did seem to swerve a bit as it became confused, but Alice quickly saw the opportunity to execute another plan. "Keep moving around Squirtle!" Still spinning very quickly, the turtle pokemon kept moving, moving around the sleek ice arena, reflecting off the walls and picking up speed as the confusion furthered it‘s rapid movements as it wove back and forth across the ice.
Fleur was utterly confused by the rapidly moving creature zipping around it. Aqua seemed a bit disoriented as well. Squirtle was moving around really fast and it was rather difficult to spot the small turtle. She did not think that her large Lapras could catch it on top of the ice, so as any good trainer must know how to do, she improvised. The large pokemon would be clumsy out of the water so the only solution, get back in the water. A plan quickly came into her mind and as an added bonus she might be able to throw off Squirtle’s spinning.
"Fleur, jump up as high as you can by using your flippers to propel you upwards and slam down on the ice with another body slam!" Aqua exclaimed. Fleur nodded and did just that, placing all four flippers on the ice and lifting her heavy body. As she released her hold on herself, even though she had only risen a few inches, she slammed down hard on the ice, breaking it open and sending large cracks scattering across the field. This ultimately caused the ice to break and left floating chunks on the battle grounds. Squirtle, who was still spinning, was sent flying upwards as the ice was shattered. Alice frowned at this new development, sure she had been about to win, and watched as her Squirtle plowed head first into the broken ice barge. The Lapras simple smirked, as she was used to swimming in ice filled waters and this would nice coverage for any kind of submerged attack.
Aqua glanced up at the scoreboard, having forgotten all about them. They seemed to be about even after that last round of attacks. Alice's combinations were definitely a challenge, but Aqua had faith in her pokemon that they could win this battle if they tried their hardest. There was less than two minutes left in the battle so the trainer‘s had better wrap this up fast. Aqua needed another tactic. If she didn't do something quick, Alice would win if she pulled another random combo like she had planned to do with the rapid spinning.
Putting her attention back to the battle, Aqua said, "All right Fleur, we have them where we want them. Now that Squirtle is confused and the ice is broken up let‘s cover the field with Mist!" Chirping again, the large pokemon extinguished a heavy vapor from her jaws, which covered the top of the water, making it seem harder to see as the Mist reacted with the cold surface of the ice. Squirtle seemed to be unable to spot the larger pokemon as he looked around in confusion.
"Squirtle, quick, use water gun, then use ice beam!" Alice ordered. With a grunt, Squirtle turned around, panting heavily a bit, but still willing to battle, and shot a stream of water from its mouth hopefully in the direction of the Lapras. All that was heard was some splashes though, which didn‘t seem very good for the Squirtle as the Lapras was heading straight for him, but from a different side. The Squirtle tried to use ice beam, following his trainer’s orders, but it seemed the failed water gun had thrown him off and he simply stood on the cold ice. The Mist wasn’t helping either because it made it rather hard to see and it was overall just creepy on the very silent waters as the ice bobbed up and down. Squirtle looked left and right, not sure what the Lapras had in store for him. He hunched down on the ice as his head swiveled back and forth rapidly. “Squirtle?”
Before Alice could call out another order, Aqua called out telepathically to her Lapras, "Okay Fleur, start to sing to let squirtle‘s guard down and then at the last second, pop up a small distance from the ice float he‘s on, just so that he still can‘t see you, and fire directly at him with ice shard." The Lapras heard her trainer’s sneaky commands and did just that. She swam across the surface of the water and started to sing quietly, making an eerie sound fill the mist in the air as well as the Squirtle’s ears. Instead of putting the thing to sleep, it simply unnerved him as he lay flat on the ice, covering his eyes and shivering in fear. This battle seems to have turned on them and the Squirtle was starting to feel completely, and utterly alone. Alice wasn’t even sure where Squirtle was at this point, nor the Lapras and the thought of an ambush scared her.
"Squirtle, use withdraw!" Alice shouted, deciding the only real thing she could do was go on the defence here. Squirtle refused to listen to her though as he remained frozen in place by his fear. Fleur used this to her advantage as she finally was close enough to the Squirtle that she could see her target. She locked onto his cowering form and started to form the familiar orb of light blue energy in her mouth and let it build for a few moments as she watched him. Squirtle heard the crackling sound of the Lapras’ building energy. He shakily stood up right as Fleur fired a ton of medium sized ice shards at him. They made perfect impact, sending him flying backwards and into one of the sides with a loud smack and a splash was heard moments later. It seemed he had flopped down into the water again and Fleur would need to dive to see him, unless by chance he managed to crawl back onto some ice float.
However, that was not the case. The jagged pieces of ice only gave Squirtle trouble as he tried to swim around them. Alice started to bite her nails as she tried to do a run through of all the attacks she thought her Squirtle would know. The combinations were turning up nothing and when she looked at the scoreboard she noticed she was running low on points while Aqua seemed to have stayed at about half. Aqua wasn’t interested too much in the score at the moment, she simply knew she had to keep this streak up. Sending another telepathic message out, she tried to reach to her Lapras. “Fleur, this is it. We just need to finish up with a Water Gun. Can you do that girl?” Aqua hoped Fleur would get it. Squirtle continued to swim through the waters, looking for any sign of the Lapras. You’d think since she was purple and had a huge shell on her back that she would be easy to see, but that was not the case. As he turned the corner of one of the ice float he was met with a direct stream of water right to his face and was sent skidding backwards on his shell across the top of the water. He finally lay still, simply bobbing up and down. The mist cleared up then, as the battle round down to an end and Alice remaining with no points.
"That‘s it! Squirtle is unable to battle. Aqua and her Lapras are the winners!" The ref shouted out of the blue. Aqua waited on the platform as Fleur swam over to her and then hugged her snout when she had made her way over. “That was a really great battle Fleur. You’ve gotten so much better after that practice we did earlier. I’m really proud of you.” Aqua returned Fleur to her pokeball and then proceeded to make her way over to other side in order to congratulate Alice on a good battle. She shook hands with the other female trainer after finding her and gave her one of her ‘good battle’ smiles. “You and Squirtle did really well. I haven’t really had a good battle in a while so I’m glad I had good competition. It was nice.” Alice smiled and shook Aqua’s hand. “Yeah, maybe we can battle again sometime. That Lapras was really strong and you two seem to be really in sync.” Alice walked away after that and Aqua replaced Lapras’ poke ball on her belt as she made her way out of the contest area and back on her journey. After all, this contest was done on a whim and for Lapras to gain experience and skill in her tactics so she didn’t need any sort of prize money or reward. Aqua just wondered if maybe her other pokemon could use some training as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Break

(Number 2)
Pokemon Used: Manaphy
Word Count: 4,707

Aqua had found herself in desperate need of doing some training with her pokemon, Manaphy to be specific. The others she had been gradually working with on and off yet Manaphy had simply watched. It was hard for Aqua to train with Manaphy since Manaphy’s attention span was rather difficult to keep focused. Still, anything would be good for her right now, a pokemon battle, a trainer battle, a contest, anything really. Aqua just looked around hoping they would run into anything. Luck seemed to be on their side as a trainer came upon them and offered a battle. A few minutes later Aqua stood facing a trainer in her path. She motioned for him to follow her and now she stood with Manaphy’s pokeball out, positioned on the beach while the other opponent opposed her. Aqua stood quietly with a smile on her face, ready to battle as always even if it did mean she would win. Manaphy would love to battle so Aqua didn‘t mind letting the boy give it a shot, even if he did seem a tad under powered compared to herself she would be willing to at least give him a chance. "Alright, I accept the challenge, I‘ll use one pokemon of mine and I‘ll allow you three." She said across the way. He seemed to nod nervously as he brought out his first pokeball from inside his jacket and released it in front of him in a burst of white light which resolved itself into a Bellsprout. In return she threw Manaphy’s pokball into the air, calling her out and watched as Manaphy proceeded to splash in the light water that the tide drew up onto the sand. Aqua looked over the Bellsprout and wondered if that was the boy’s intention or if he just drew one at random.
"Going for type advantages?" asked Aqua curiously, one hand on her hips as she smiled at him. He laughed in reply, his confidence growing somewhat as he watched Manaphy acting childishly as she continued to splash and wave at him with her short arms. "Nothing so tactical I'm afraid, you see I only have three Pokemon in total, two of them just happen to by grass types. A happy accident I guess." Taking his eyes off the Pokemon he watched Aqua as she laughed at the boys random luck. Aqua simply shrugged and prepared to battle.
"Hmm, I see, well it might seem like an advantage now... but don't take me lightly, I’m a water specialist and I have plenty of experience dealing with grass types, isn't that right Manaphy?" Manaphy shot a stream of bubbles beside Bellsprout, surging forward with a great amount of speed, intending to strike Bellsprout if possible. The other trainer swore loudly, realizing that the Pokemon must have slipped around them whilst he was talking. Before he could even shout a command, Aqua seemed to react. “Manaphy, Blizzard on the Bellsprout now!” Manaphy sent a blast of cold win right for the trainer and his pokemon. The icy attack would surely do some damage to the plant like pokemon. As she had originally though, the Bellsprout seemed to almost wilt in front of her but it was durable enough to survive the hit. Manaphy seemed to have done very well from the get go. Thinking fast, Bellsprout managed to extend its arms, vines reaching out from the tiny leaves on its stem and looping around it's opponent, trying to grip onto its slippery skin. “Manaphy! Dissipate into water!“ Manaphy dispersed into nothing more than a puddle after a second and reformed away from the Bellsprout’s grip the next. “Now Manaphy! Supersonic!“ Manaphy started to scream towards the Bellsprout. Aqua almost felt sorry for the thing because she knew all too well how shrill Manaphy’s scream were. She supposed that was a result of being a parent to a pokemon you raise from an egg. The Bellsprout was unable to avoid the screams and became incredibly confused as a result. The trainer cursed under his breath and glared at Aqua. “Vine Whip Bellsprout!” The Bellsprout let out it‘s whip like roots and started lashing them harshly at Manaphy even through it‘s confusion. “Dodge it Manaphy!” Manaphy leapt as best she could but while she managed to somehow avoid many of them, one caught her square on and she let out a cry. It seemed the attack did a good amount of damage but Manaphy was definitely the stronger pokemon here and was able to continue. Aqua still felt like she should compliment the amateur trainer. "Not many Pokemon have the strength to make a come back from a critical hit. You are raising him right." The foe trainer shrugged at this, as he became embarrassed and looked down at his Pokemon as it righted itself again. "I didn't really do anything, that was all him."
"You are his trainer, he must have picked up that instinct from somewhere. Oh well, on with the battle!" He was unsure with how to respond so he followed her second suggestion. "Manaphy, use Bubble!" Manaphy took a deep breath and sent an array of bubbles flying towards the Bellsprout.
This time he was ready for the sudden attack, Bellsprout swiftly stepping aside as each bubble came closer, a slight breeze hitting him as the zoomed by just as the other trainer called out "Bullet Seed!" Bellsprout aimed it‘s head in Manaphy‘s direction, an array of seeds coming towards her aiming to pellet her and get a good couple hits in, though it stopped shortly after starting as the confusion started to really hit. Aqua bit her lip, wondering what she could do. “Manaphy, counter with a blizzard to stop the bullet seeds and follow it up with Bubblebeam!” The seeds were fast and there were a lot of them, but as Manaphy blew the figid wind towards them once more they fell harmlessly as the cold snap sucked whatever power they had right out of them. Quickly retaliating, Manaphy shot more bubbles from her mouth flying near as fast as the bullet seeds straight at the bell sprout. She had hoped that while they wouldn‘t be terribly effective, they may still be able to do enough damage to push the Bellsprout into defeat.
Changing tactics, the other trainer instead ordered Bellsprout to use wrap on itself to protect itself from the bubbles. The long vines reached out once more and tightly wove themselves around the small grass type, the bubbles still pelting him but reducing the damage substantially, however as Bellsprouts confused state of mind caused it to continue using wrap on itself, inflicting damage to itself. Manaphy had already moved on though, aiming to work on using some of it’s other, non-offensive attacks in order to work on their capabilities. That was the point of this battle after all, to train Manaphy’s unused skills and to keep her useful ones in top shape. Aqua had went ahead and issued her to use Charm, as she made cute eyes at the male Bellsprout and clapping happily as her infantile nature was prone to doing. This created the persona that Manaphy was in no way a danger to anything, let alone the Bellsprout, even though she had already damaged him a very good amount. Aqua was hoping the Bellsprouts confused state would further this idea. The Bellsprout seemed to respond quickly as it unwrapped itself and smiled, as best a plant like pokemon can, and didn’t realize it just ended up sacrificing some of it’s own attack levels. "Bellsprout, come on man, use Sleep Powder so we can take that thing down!" cried the irritated boy trainer, causing Bellsprout to only look at him funny and send out the spores that would put Manaphy to sleep if they hit. However, that was not entirely what happened and the results ended in him having a sleeping Bell sprout. Aqua smirked at this, realizing she now had the upperhand. Aqua desided to put the other pokemon out of it‘s state of mind and finish this pokemon off so that Manaphy could have a different situation to work with this time. “Manaphy, finish this off with another blizzard.” Manaphy nodded and sucked in a large amount of air, almost smiling as she released the frosted wind and small pellets of snow and sent it towards the unconscious Bellspout. Again, the Bellsprout seemed to wilt as it fell to the ground and fainted. Aqua and Manaphy had become victorious in the battle and now they would away for the trainer to make his next move. He took out Bellsprout‘s pokeball and replaced it on his belt before withdrawing his next pokemon‘s ball. "Ready when you are." called Aqua from across the way, her arms folded across her chest as she smirked just the tiniest bit. "Manaphy may look delicate, but when she is in a serious situation she knows when to follow instructions to the mark rather than act like she normally would. She‘s tough and I couldn‘t be prouder, so bring it on." She smiled at him with those words, patting Manaphy’s head as he pulled another pokeball from his bag a slow smile spreading over his face.
"I think I have you figured out now at least. I don‘t think you‘ll be able to handle this one." he replied, his voice calm as some of his previous confidence returned to him. "Oh? Do tell?" Aqua called back in a curious voice, wondering just what he had in store and watching as the ball split open to reveal his second Pokemon, a Drowzee. "I think I'd rather show you instead if you do not mind."
Aqua had Manaphy test the waters using a Bubble attack, trying to start things off on a positive note and work on strategy. She did not really mind if she lost, but the thing was that it was usually better to win, though the point is all about having fun, both for the trainer and for the pokemon. At least there was not a type advantage with the Drowzee. The other trainer simply smirked at this and calmly called out to his Pokemon to use light screen. Drowzee lazily held out its hands, a wall a shimmering light bursting from its palms and causing the attack to dissolve in a series of light pops, rendering it useless. "Now, Confusion!"Before Manaphy could counter with anything or dive into the nearby waters for cover, Drowzee extended its arms once more, a faint purple light emanated from its closed eyes as it reached out with its mind, sending waves of sensation crashing into Manaphy's unprepared mind. Most of Manaphy’s attacks would be rendered absolutely useless against this form of attack and she could only sit on the sand helplessly as her mind was overwhelmed by a tide of white noise and static.
This time it was Aqua who raised her arm, pointing straight at the Drowzee so that Manaphy would have a good direction to send her water attacks. Drowzee simply stood there and yawned loudly, scratching its head slowly as Aqua considered her options. "Not bad, you negated her clarity of thought by using a direct attack that she was not prepared for, I may have underestimated you but do not get overly confident yet. I still have an inventory of tactics that I‘m just dying to use. Let's see you how much more you can handle. Manaphy, tail glow!" With that Manaphy seemed to just shake her head as she started to glow, raising her special attack, though confusion still riddled her mind. Her eyes though, seemed to remain fixed on Drowzee. Drowzee lazily looked at his trainer and awaited an order, however the boy simply passed up the opportunity to attack as he waited to see what Manaphy could accomplish in it’s confused state. Perhaps it would even finish itself off. Manaphy opened her mouth and another series of bubbles was sent flying forward, Drowzee lifting its arms and conjuring its light screen again without even being ordered too. “Manaphy, hold strong, I know you can do it!“ Manaphy, with newly recharged determination from her Trainer’s confidence in her own abilities, snapped out of her confusion and nearly doubled the pressure, her attack dissolving in a mass of spray as it burst against Drowzee's defense, the psychic type unperturbed by the assault. Without warning Manaphy found a way to work in supersonic behind her bubbles and it provided and extra bit of projection that managed to place enough strength behind the attack to smash through the shimmering shield and knock Drowzee down. "Confusion" The male trainer ordered calmly, Drowzee started to pick itself back up, and upon doing so, he began to glow again, Manaphy stopping dead in her tracks. “Manaphy, jump into the water now!” Manaphy went to jump into the water an narrowly managed to dodge the attack and land with a slight ‘plop’ as she disappeared.
"I thought I had you figured out. It seems I‘ll have to redouble my efforts considering Manaphy seems to be using more energy than it actually has. I‘ll win, just you wait." He called cockily, his shyness disappearing as he saw himself taking control of the battle. "You attack at range to force me on the defensive, then you try to use oncoming attacks with added pressure and maneuver your Pokemon to gain the upper hand before quickly diverting them back onto the defensive until you think there’s an opening before you go to attack from another angle without warning. Bellsprout had no way of preventing it‘s defeat, dodging your ranged attack only made him vulnerable to your defensive moves or the blizzard attacks, and vice versa, but Drowzee here can stop your coy attacks and games dead in their tracks and defend at a moments notice without my orders. You‘re just setting yourself up for defeat with my team and you with your single pokemon." The light in Drowzee's eyes faded away as its attack stopped seeing as it had missed, leaving Manaphy hesistant to leave the waters in fear of being targeted by another psychic attack right off the bat.
"That‘s nice and everything but I really think that you‘re thinking this over to much." she replied, smiling as if genuinely pleased. "Just because you think you worked it out though, doesn't mean I don't have other tricks. Manaphy, Blizzard from underwater!" The Pokemon in the water took a deep breath sent out another barage of icy cold wind and snow, the snow and wind gliding through the water, slightly losing speed as it reaches up towards the surface, aimed straight at Drowzee. Once again the trainer called out for a light screen, the golden shield rippling into existence as the oncoming blizzard attack drew closer. His smug look disappeared completely as the now hardened ice balls smashed straight through the screen, causing it to shatter into dozens of glowing shards as they harshly pelted Drowzee causing the Pokemon to bellow in pain. What the trainer apparently hadn’t known was that since blizzard was used in the water, the liquid coating on the flying snow caused the snow to become lightly coated and the joined frozen wind solidified it making it a nice series of ice balls similar to hail. Aqua had learned of this when she had last practiced with Manaphy in the rain and she had used blizzard to make the frozen rain. The opposing trainer did not seem pleased by this new development. "Crap, it became a physical move!" Before he had time to counterattack the move, Manaphy had already sprung from the water and was flying at Drowzee. She managed to land right on top of Drowzee‘s head and seemed more than ready to deliver a direct attack when ordered to. Drowzee had tried to bring up a barrier before Manaphy had landed on him, but the defensive method seemed to have been done just a few seconds too late and now the pokemon flailed as it tried to shake Manaphy from it‘s body. Manaphy just laughed as she was pretty much just enjoying this little ‘ride’. Before the other trainer could make a counter, Aqua was already two steps ahead. “Manaphy, Bubblebeam straight at Drowzee‘s head, then roll off his back and use it again to send him forward.” Manaphy nodded and grabbed on tightly with her two club like arms and sprayed a powerful array of bubbles from her jaws and hit Drowzee straight on. The pokemon let out a rumble of displeasure and went to grab Manaphy to throw her off, but Manaphy was already rolling down it’s back. The second she hit the sand she already sent the second bubblebeam into the Drowzee’s back and stumbled forward, right to the waters edge. This time, the two trainers shouted out at the same time, voices raised as their Pokemon each made their moves. "Blizzard! Finish him off by flipping him into the water!"
"Shadow ball! I know we can win this!"
Manphy sucked in a deep breath, keeping all of the power building as she drew in one of the largest breaths she probably has thus far. After a few moments she released the Blizzard and send the wind and snow flying directly towards Drowzee's chest. During that time, Drowzee had been charging his shadow ball and putting his own power into it. He was going to prove that a mere water pokemon was not stronger than he was. So now it would be a matter of what was stronger, his shadow ball, or manaphy’s own Blizzard attack. In his mind he assumed it would be his, but he was mistakably wrong. As the two moves flew at each other, they collided directly and a bright lighted explosion followed as the intense power of the two clashed and send both stumbling backwards. When the light cleared and both parties were able to see their pokemon again, Manaphy seemed to just sit up and look around confused, wondering what happened and the Drowzee was not anywhere to be seen. His trainer looked around in confusion and finally he spotted his pokemon lightly floating on the water‘s surface. It seemed the explosion had forced him back enough into the water and with the combined damage he just reached his limit and now remained where he was. His trainer sighed and reached out to collect Drowzee and replace him back into his pokeball with the normal, quick red beam of light and a simply reattachment to his belt loop. The trainer scratched his head for a moment, really thinking he was going to take Manaphy down with that one.
The trainer drew out his third and final pokemon with a heavy heart and called it out. There was a tense feeling in the air now, both of them relishing the challenge that the other presented. The boy was completely focused now, ignoring the friendly image that Aqua presented and instead concentrating entirely on his strategies as he waved Tangela forwards, the curious Pokemon waddling forwards and hopping on the sand as it adjusted to the battleground new texture that Bellsprout and Drowzee had already occupied. The boy didn’t believe that Aqua truly just meant this battle was for fun, he was taking it personally so this meant a brutal fight to the finish.
Aqua had been in this situation before, where someone was always too competitive and that clouded their judgment. Instead of thinking creatively and looking for open and new tactics and move combinations, they only went for offensive attacks that they hoped would bring the opponent down. As an elementalist, she felt like a competent battler when it came to water pokemon, but sometimes the relaxed method of fighting just didn‘t cut it, but she never was willing to push her pokemon too far without the proper training and skill build up. Now however seemed to be the real challenge. Manaphy was starting to look very tired and he had just sent out another grass pokemon. If she didn’t play her cards right then Manaphy may be in a bit of trouble. For now though, the best she could do was keep going and try to maintain the upper hand.
"Manaphy, last round ok? Then we can heal you up and I‘ll even take you for a long swim thanks to all your hard work." Manaphy smiled back at her trainer and winced a bit from the strain she seemed to have put on her body. She wasn‘t even sure she herself could beat the tangela. She just hoped that the grass type didn‘t have any tricks up it‘s tentacles. Aqua started to generate her own inner power at this point. Manaphy may need some back up and she was going to provide it. Aqua felt a change in the wind and dark clouds formed up above. She then snapped her fingers and a light drizzle started to come down. She smirked a little bit, it was one of the easier tasks she could accomplish. Manaphy seemed to be doing better too as she felt herself almost revived by the raindrops. "Feeling better Manaphy? Let‘s finish this thing off quick. Hit ‘em with Blizzard!"
The very familiar move that Manaphy was now very accustomed to using shot out of her mouth before Aqua could even blink. Manaphy seemed determined to take this thing down and ice was exactly the way to go about doing it. The Tangela did not even have a chance to react before it was hit full on by the wind and snow, only worsened by the falling rain. Tangela shivered and pulled itself together quickly before seeming to almost make a face in anger at the smaller pokemon. “Tangela, I know you can do this. Constrict." Tangela whipped out it‘s tentacles just as fast as Manaphy had shot out the Blizzard. They wrapped around Manaphy and this time it seemed air tight so that even if Manaphy did break itself up into a puddle of water, she still couldn‘t escape. Manaphy squirmed back and forth but the attempt at escape seemed impossible. Tangela grinned and started to make the clasp on the other pokemon tighter and tighter over time. “Mana! Phy!!!!” Manaphy shrilly cried as she felt the hold grow tighter. Aqua was really starting to worry over Manaphy’s condition, somewhat in pain from having to watch Manaphy suffer like that. “Manaphy, it’s alright. Come on, dissipate for me alright?” Aqua knew that alone, Manaphy couldn’t hardly do much if she dissolved into water, but with Aqua’s help she could. Manaphy did so, turning into a puddle and Aqua used her ability to extract the water that made up Manaphy’s body and replaced her on the beach already reformed. Manaphy smiled at Aqua before looking back. Aqua glared at the Tangela.
"Finish it up with another Blizzard Manaphy. Take it down with the ice move!" The water type, inhaled again completely at these words, sending another impact of frigid wind, as she fully expected for the move to be unable to be dodged. Tangela apparently didn’t have plans though to be defeated by Manaphy just yet. Without an order, Tangela ran forward and leapt out of the path of the blizzard attack and whipped out two tentacles at Manaphy with an impromptu vine whip which sent Manaphy flying far out into the water. Tangela wasn’t far behind as it too flung itself in, preparing to use the water to it’s fullest advantage. “Good job Tangela, we have this one!” The boy cheered in glee as he watched his pokemon venture out into the waters. Aqua simply jumped onto one of the highest rocks to be able to see the battle play out. Manaphy was more or less on her own in this situation.
Taking advantage of this brief removal from it’s trainer Tangela took control of the situation once it was close enough from Manaphy and contaminated the waters around them with Poison Power. If that didn‘t leave Manaphy helpless, it didn‘t know what would. Aqua could barely see what was happening but she felt the tainted water and gasped. "What did he do?" Aqua hissed out, eyes narrowed as she watched Manaphy swimming away from the pokemon. The boy simply continued to grin as he watched the tides turning in his favor. "Poison powder" he answered simply. "As soon as he jumped in, Tangela released a cloud of toxic spores into the water, with Manaphy already being in the water and her body being mostly liquid, she simply absorbed the poison through her skin, and you can see the result, now Tangela, seed bomb!"
The mass of vines surrounding Tangela's body shook briefly before a shower of fist sized seed's burst from within, sailing through the air and crashing down into the water around the Manaphy. They sank for a moment, trailing bubbles before suddenly detonating in a string of booming percussion, each blast sending up huge plumes of water and showering both trainers in spray. “Manaphy! The poison can’t effect you while it’s raining! Focus on the bombs, not the tainted water! Those could potentially do a lot of damage!” Manaphy looked up and nodded before diving under the water and heading straight at Tangela.
Tangela launched a second volley, then a third, each one blanketing the area around Manaphy with destructive seeds, the explosions enough to do some killer damage, but Manaphy, being the skilled water pokemon she was, dove deeper and deeper until she was out of the bombs explosive range. On the surface though, only Aqua knew Manaphy was still in the fight, the other trainer and his pokemon both thinking they had won.
"Your Manaphy was impressive, but guess it goes to show that given the right grass type the water types will always fall." The boy started to laugh until Aqua pointed back out at the water. The boy watched as Manaphy leapt out of the water and shot a ray of rapid moving bubbles quickly followed by another blizzard. It seemed to be one of Manaphy‘s new favorites. Either way, the Tangela clearly hadn‘t expected it and the bubble attack mixed with the Blizzard seemed to almost freeze them, which would no doubt cause a critical hit on impact. "Awesome job Manaphy!" The bubbles flew at Tangela, only one actually managing to hit him as he tried his best to swim out of the way, but the task was rather difficult to accomplish. Though the one bubble seemed to drop his health to a dangerous level as he was now booking it to shore. Manaphy was right behind, moving through the water with much simpler ease. Manaphy was coming up on it fast and once she got into really close range Aqua cupped her mouth and shouted out an order to her.
"Now for the finish Manaphy! Bubblebeam, one last time!" At her words the blue pokemon sent another series of bubbles flying at Tangela, leaving a slight ripple as they seemed to skid on the water top, only adding to their speed. Aqua held her breath before they made inpact on Tangela‘s turned back, which sent it flying the rest of the way out of the water and skidding face first onto the beach, knocked unconcious. Manaphy finally made it to shore as well and dragged herself back onto the sand. Aqua quickly ran over, the battle done and picked Manaphy back up before cradling her in her arms. The other trainer seemed to be rather steamed about losing three fights to one single pokemon and he quickly called his own back into it’s ball and replaced it. He walked over to Aqua, giving her a handshake and a thanks to the experience he gained for new battle tactics but then he quickly ran off, his pride smarting just a bit. Aqua took a deep breath and smiled at Manaphy. “You did amazing today and I could not have asked you to have done a better job. Let’s go get you healed up.” Manaphy smiled and quickly fell asleep as Aqua ran towards the nearest pokemon center. Training had gone well.

---------------------------------------------------------
Break

(Number 3)
Pokemon Used: Manaphy, Lapras, Buizel, Vaporeon, Aquany, Mudkip.
Word Count: 1131

Seeing as Aqua was already doing her best to try to work with her pokemon, she decided that perhaps a group training session would be good for their spirits and skills. Aqua remembered about the Mudkip she kept in her PC box at the pokemon center and made her way there to retrieve so that way she could at least make sure he learned these new moves as well. Aqua went out to a large clearing close to the beach she had previously fought on before with a trainer and called out all six of the pokemon. All of them looked happy to see her as she was to see them. “Ok guys, I know you’ve all been working really hard for me so I’m going to help you out a bit. We’ll be working on some new moves this time and for the most part, all of you can learn them. First we’ll start with Hail since it’s easiest to learn.” Aqua made sure all the pokemon understood before moving on. “Alright, now hail is simply frozen rain. It comes from a severe storm that instead of rain sends the ice down. Now, as a conjoined group, make hail.” The pokemon nodded and all six of them started to glow a bright blue aura around them and dark clouds formed. A few seconds passed as large rumbles were heard. A moment later, large amounts of Hail started to pelt the ground. It seemed since all of the pokemon had done this, it would be much longer before this stopped. The pokemon stopped glowing as the hail continued to fall. Aqua did her best to put up with the small pricks of pain that came from getting hit. The others didn’t seem to mind too much. “Great guys, that was really great. I think you have that down. Now moving onto Ice beam. Excalibur, I know you already know this move so how about you demonstrate?” The Aquany seemed very happy to be given the chance to show the stronger pokemon how it was done. A bright blue glow of energy formed in front of Aquany’s nose and a zigzag beam shot out on the waters surface before a small bit of ice formed in a path along the top. Aqua smiled at the pokemon and nodded her approval. “Ok guys, your turn. Just do as Excalibur did.” The other pokemon made their noises of a ‘yes’ and started to do so. All of them aside from Excalibur created the energy in their mouths before sending it forward. The same ice blue energy formed in their mouths and they al sent out the beams, albeit at random intervals, but in time with each other enough to be able to freeze a large part of the ocean’s surface. A small ice chunk in fact. Aqua was impressed and jumped out onto it, showing that it did indeed have a nice thickness to it. “Wow guys, that was more than I expected. You keep impressing me. I think that one is good as well, so moving on. This next one is surf. Now I know you can all swim so we won‘t cover that, but this is wave control. Watch me.” Aqua used her elemental skills to flick out both her arms, doing a series of intricate moves then moving them in a pulling motion as she threw her arms up and a large wave drenched her and the pokemon. “Ok, it’s as simply as that. So let me see it. One at a time if you don’t mind. I do not want to flood the beach.” Aqua giggled as Manaphy went first. Manaphy did as Aqua did and simply sent her arms upwards and suddenly she herself was riding the large wave into shore. The wave crashed into everyone again and Manaphy somehow ended up in Aqua’s arms, which she was fine with. Lapras we next. She simply stirred up the water underneath her and sent it upwards, again crashing into everyone. Fred, Shiva, mudkip, and Excalibur went next since they were smaller pokemon and all three rode a similar wave they sent up and crashed. All having been successful. Now drenched, Aqua gave them a thumbs up and sent the water flying off of her with her abilities. “Alright guys, waterfall is like surf but it’s much, much faster. So just copy that.” This time everyone all at once charged Aqua and hit her hard as the high powered water actually managed to send her flying back. It was almost like that one time she had taken an aqua jet to the stomach. Aqua coughed a bit before giving them a nod. “I will not ask you to do that again. I think you got it the first time around. The hail seemed to finally stop now, Aqua was quite thankful, and she started on to the next task. “Alright, this move is called Scald. It’s very, very hot water. Do not shoot me please, it will hurt a lot. Spray the water and try to get it to sizzle.” All of her pokemon shot out fast streams, similar to water gun at the water and the water actually started to bubble from the conjoined heat of it hitting the water, a slight steam looming up. Aqua was very glad that was not her getting hit. “Good job. Now this last round, I’ll only need Manaphy and Fleur. You two will be learning Psychic; the others can not. So this is simple. Use your minds to try to keep a solid ball of water hovering in the air. Ok? And hold it for a long time to show it’s strength.” Lapras and Manaphy nodded as Aqua pulled two large ball of water from the Ocean and held them in the air with her powers. Manaphy and Fleur took over quickly as Lapras’ body took on a pink glow around her body and Manaphy’s antennae tips glowed brightly as the hovered. The balls remained hovering, for a rather long amount of time Aqua noted. The two pokemon had even managed to move them around a little bit before merging the two water balls together and maintaining it in the air with their combined strength. After about ten minutes of holding it in the air, the water burst from it’s held frame and poured onto the ground. Aqua clapped and praised her pokemon before quickly returning them to their balls. They had all gotten a little bit of training in at least and some new moves along with it. After the balls were reattached to her belt, she returned mudkip to the PC for later usage and kept the other 5 pokemon with her like before deciding her training was done for now.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: Aqua: Training Thread   Aqua: Training Thread H6Q0F8zFri Jul 27, 2012 5:58 am

Section 1: 3774 = 377.4 => 377 xp
Pokemon: Lapras
[lvl 22] Fleur [0] >> [lvl 36] Fleur [0]
Fleur learned Perish Song!
Fleur learned Ice Beam!

Section 2: 4707 = 470.7 => 470 xp
Pokemon: Manaphy
[lvl 25] Manaphy [12] >> [lvl 40] Manaphy [2]
Manaphy learned Acid Armor!
Manaphy learned Whirlpool!

Section 3: 1131 = 113.1 => 113 xp (19 xp per pokemon except 1)
Pokemon: Manaphy, Lapras, Buizel, Vaporeon, Aquany, Mudkip
[lvl 40] Manaphy [2] >> [lvl 40] Manaphy [20] (gave this pokemon 18 xp)
[lvl 36] Fleur [0] >> [lvl 36] Fleur [19]
[lvl 21] Fred [0] >> [lvl 21] Fred [19]
[lvl 15] Vaporeon [0] >> [lvl 16] Vaporeon [4]
[lvl 9] Mudkip [0] >> [lvl 11] Mudkip [0]
Mudkip learned Water Gun!
[lvl 1] Excalibur [0] >> [lvl 6] Excalibur [4]
Excalibur learned Leer!
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aqua: Training Thread   Aqua: Training Thread H6Q0F8z

Aqua: Training Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top