HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Day at the Beach [open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon May 21, 2012 8:40 pm

"That was wicked, Aqua! I bet we could find loads of things we could do with our abilities!" Kimi floated the boxes back to land and both of her pokemon ran over to Manaphy, trying to comfort her and make her the happiest manaphy ever. Kimiko just smiled at their antics, which included Rio concentrating and making herself levitate while Nike dashed all around her.
"Pokemon are always so cute when they're trying to make someone happy. I remember this one time at the shrine, a man came in that on the outside he was sweet and kind, but I was so afraid of him. The priest called one of the Jennies and they thanked him for catching the man. Apparently he was a very cruel man. It took my pokemon a few hours to get me out of shaking so that I could tell the priest what I had felt though."
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 22, 2012 7:29 pm

Manaphy turned her head and smiled at Rio and Nike. It seemed she really enjoyed the other pokemons company. Aqua smiled and set her back down, focusing her mind back onto Kimi. Aqua smiled at her new friend. Yeah, it's adorable. I'm sorry to hear that you've had such an experience though. I've never really had to deal with any of that, I've never had much contact with people really. So the only thing that really keeps me happy is when my pokemon are happy. You're happy aren't you Manaphy?" Manaphy turned her head upward and flapped her arms a bit. "Happy! Happy!" Aqua paused for a moment. Manaphy can talk? Aqua stood there, her jaw hanging open for a second until she managed to recover. She kneeled down and swept Manaphy up into the tightest hug she could manage."I'm glad you're happy." Aqua left the pokemon alone to continue playing while she sat down on the edge of the small pond. "It'll be nice to get out of town, still, I'll miss visiting the beach everyday.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Kimiko came over and sat next to her pokemon on the ground, her legs tucked underneath, at least until Rio reminded her that she wasn't in the temple. She switched how she was sitting and smiled at the riolu. She listened as Aqua spoke and when Manaphy exclaimed her happiness. Nike pawed at one of Kimi's hands as if looking for something. She smiled at the purrloin and quickly made a small shining ball of aura for her to play with. The silly thing always had a fixation for shiny objects. Had even gotten herself soaked once while trying to fish "coins" out of a fountain.
"You know, Aqua. It may not be the same, but I know there are some small beaches around lakes all over the place. They say that there's some interesting pokemon in and around the lakes," Kimiko explained. For someone who spent most of her life in a temple, she knew at least somewhat where things were, even if she'd never been there.
"Uhm, Aqua? Could I try something with you? I've never tried mentally speaking to people before, and I wonder if it would work with you."
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed May 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Aqua shifted herself until she was facing the other girl. She pulled her knees up and rested her head on them as she spoke. "I guess. I'm just really used to strolling down to the beach and stopping to talk with a few of the people and seeing how nice it is to interact with others, but water is water so it'll be fine." At that Aqua swirled her hand above the top of the water nearby, watching it's little ripples. Aqua sat there a moment longer, also pondering Kimi's request. "I guess there isn't much of a downside to that, either I would or wouldn't be able to hear you right? Alright, give it a go." Aqua's expression was one of determination and curiosity. It would be interesting to see the results.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 24, 2012 12:35 am

Kimiko's eyes brightened and she smiled happily. "Okay, just concentrate on clearing your mind and listening to the quiet sounds around you."
She would then concentrate and try speaking with her mind. "Do you love swimming? I like swimming."
The mental voice, if she heard it, would be quiet and calm.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 24, 2012 1:21 am

Aqua heard the voice in her head and started to hum while tilting her head from side to side. Swimming, of course! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swim- oh wait, what? Aqua looked up at Kimi and burst out laughing. She nearly fell back into the water. She sat up and cleared her eyes of some tears that had come up. "I'm sorry about that. I have no idea where that came from. Yes I do, though I don't know why I can hear you." Manaphy turned and looked at her trainer then, extremely confused. "Mana?" Aqua waved of Manaphy's concern with a small smile and resumed her conversation. "Huh, that was kinda weird. I really didn't expect to hear anything. Well, aside from my own thoughts that is, which clearly should not be left to roam freely."
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 24, 2012 1:41 am

Kimi couldn't help but start chuckling at Aqua's mental response which turned into full blown laughter when she almost fell into the water. "You know, I think you might be able to hear me because you have abilities of your own. I've tried with normal people before, and they could never hear me. But, this is great! If we ever get into a position where we need to work as a team without letting others know our intentions this is perfect!"
Kimiko would then look at the little Manaphy and could hear her concern radiating out. The word missing kept coming to mind. She looked around and noticed that Rio wasn't close. She quickly leaped up and looked around, calling out to Rio in her mind. It took her a little while, but she eventually found Rio's aura and that it was getting closer.
The riolu would speak normally on the outside, but was beaming with excitement. "Look what you found? What did you find, Rio?" The fighter showed Kimiko a dark colored egg. "This wasn't in a nest, was it? No? Okay, good." Kimi took the egg from Rio's hands and cradled it gently.
"Looks like Rio found an egg. Probably from a dark type pokemon, if you can judge anything about it by it's color."
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 24, 2012 2:52 am

Aqua instantly became alert when she too turned and noticed that the Riolu was gone. She stood and went over to Manaphy, picking her up and carrying her as she joined the search. Aqua knew she would be worried sick if Manaphy had wandered off and she couldn't see her; especially since Manaphy was a legendary pokemon. She hugged Manaphy to her tighter as she searched around some of the bushes for the blue pokemon.

After a while she sighed when she heard that Rio had been found. "Thank goodness. I was worried something might have taken her." She walked over to where Kimi was and stared at what she had been handed. "Oh, you got an egg too, huh? Cool. Should we go back inside then? I think Manaphy is getting tired. " Aqua nodded to the pokemon in her arms who had already wrapped her own arms around herself and snuggled into Aqua. We can also look closer at the egg if you want. I may not act like my parents, but I do have their brains. I just can't see it too well in the dark. Heck, any egg would look like a dark egg out here to me."Aqua giggled at her own little bit of humor.

Aqua then slowly looked down at Rio and gave her a mock glare. "You really shouldn't wander away from your trainer without telling her. It is horrible for our nerves." While she was completely serious about her piece of advice, she didn't want it too mean. Once finished she would smile at Kimi, waiting for a response.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 24, 2012 3:55 am

Kimiko looked at the egg in her arms and smiled at it. "You're right. For all we know it could be a dragon egg," she giggled and looked at her little Rio and Nike. She wondered how this little guy would fit into their family. Would it be able to hear her? Most pokemon could, but what if he or she couldn't? She couldn't think like that. Whatever pokemon hatched, she was sure it would be a good part of her pokefamily.
Rio listened to Aqua and asked Kimi to talk to her. "Rio says that she heard a pokemon call out, wanting someone to take care of an abandoned egg she found. That's why she ran off. She did stay within range of me speaking to her mentally as well. But, Rio, please tell me if something like that happens again so that I can come with you." The riolu nodded and hugged Kimiko's leg tightly. Nike repeated the action on the other side, but added in a small pout as if asking where the shiny went.
Kimi's heart melted and she turned to Aqua, "You don't think you have something shiny that Nike could have? She really likes shiny things and I can only keep up that aura ball for so long. And, I do mean have. Her species isn't called purrloin for nothing, ya know!" Kimiko chuckled and patted Nike's head.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 24, 2012 4:08 am

Aqua nodded and smiled at Rio. "I understand you were doing the right thing Rio. It's fine, really." Aqua shifted Manaphy for a moment to allow one arm free access to move. She was glad Manaphy was very light weight and didn't cause much strain on her arms at all. "Before I forget, I have something I want to give you that I have back in my room." Another pause later and Aqua noticed that Nike seemed like she wanted something. Aqua wasn't entirely sure what until Kimi mentioned something about it.

Aqua thought for a moment about what she would have that could possibly satisfy the cat pokemon. She fished around in one of her pockets and pulled at a small sparkling silver bell. She always collected small trinkets when she would find them on the beach. This one had caught her eye, but she didn't mind giving it to Nike. "Uh, sure. Here you can have this, if you want it." Aqua tossed the bell towards the purrloin to see if she would like it. "It isn't much, but I thought it was pretty."
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 24, 2012 4:28 am

As soon as the bell came out, Nike's eyes widened and were fixated on it. Once it was tossed, she jumped and caught it with a giant smile. From seemingly no where she pulled out a silver ribbon and made a necklace out of the bell. Kimi smiled at the purrloin before turning back to Aqua.
"Well, she really likes it and thinks it's gorgeous. She's been saving that silver ribbon for something special. And, you have something for me? But- I- I don't have anything for you."
The poor girl's face was bright red. The only present she had ever gotten was Rio, and she had promised the priest to help it get strong in return. Presents weren't something she was used to receiving. As a shrine maiden, she was always giving.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 24, 2012 8:26 am

Aqua smiled as the cat made the necklace. She was sure the cat would enjoy the bell far more than she would. "I'm glad you like it, Nike." She then motioned for Kimi to follow her back into the house and up to her room. She would speak in a quiet tone as to not wake Manaphy as they were walking. "It's fine Kimi. I'm not expecting anything back, it's just a small token from me. I haven't had anyone I could really give this to." Aqua smiled and entered the house, hoping the other girl was following. The house was darker now, but Aqua navigated it well, heading upstairs and back into her room. She flipped the light on again and placed Manaphy under the blankets on her bed, the small pokemon instantly cuddling with the pillow. Aqua then went over and took some blankets out of her closet and placed the water type egg on it to keep it warm. Finally, she went over to her desk and dug through the contents of one of the drawers before she found a bracelet made of cobalt blue rocks. Aqua picked it up and turned to hand it to Kimi. "Here, I made this a while ago and promised myself I would give it to my first friend. It may not look like much, but it means a lot to me. Will you accept it?" Aqua smiled kindly at Kimi and her two pokemon. It was a nice feeling to have friends who were special in their own way.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Nike purred happily and kept staring at the small bell around her neck. Kimiko couldn't help but giggle a bit. As they started walking, Nike was standing still, so Kimi scooped her up and put her on her shoulders like you would a little kid. She listened quietly to Aqua's explanation and felt more at ease about the whole gift thing.
It was rather dark in the house, and Rio tugged on Kimi's skirt and asked for some light. With a smile, she made a small glowing ball of Aura and gave it to Rio so she wouldn't be scared. Once they were back in Aqua's room, the small light would disappear and Nike would hop down from Kimi's shoulders. The two pokemon hopped up onto the bed and snuggled against Manaphy, at least until their trainer called them to bed.
When Aqua presented the bracelet made out of pretty blue stones, Kimiko would hug her tightly and thank her. "Aqua, it's beautiful! I couldn't be more delighted to have a friend in you. You're my first friend too, Aqua."
She would then gingerly take the bracelet from her and put it on with a bright smile. "You know, blue has always been my favorite color. It reminds me of water and how calm it is."
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri May 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Aqua smiled and hugged her back, happy that her gift had been accepted. "Thank you Kimi. It really does mean a lot." Aqua then watched as Kimiko put the bracelet on, explaining that it was her favorite color and reminded her of water. "Ironically I found all those along the beach and smoothed them out to make the shape I needed. I didn't take very long, but the end result is very pretty."

Aqua then went to her closet once more and dug around til she found a set of pajamas. The shirt and pants were covered with a colorful fish pattern, very predictable. Aqua looked at them awkwardly before she looked back at Kimi. "Well, this is a set of my pajamas, but I think it should fit you. You look about the same size as me. I'm just sorry this probably isn't your taste in attire." Aqua laughed lightly as she ran a hand through her hair again. She held them out for Kimi to take if she wanted. "We should probably be getting to bed soon. I want to be out of here before my parents wake up if that's alright."
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun May 27, 2012 11:45 am

Kimiko smiled at her first human friend as she explained how the stones came about. She thought that fact made the gift all the more special and told Aqua such. She then watched as her blue headed friend fished something out of her closet. When the pajamas were exposed, she couldn't help but giggle at the fish theme and how it suited her water elemental friend.
"Are you kidding? They're adorable, and i have a feeling my usual bed attire would be unfit here." pale cheeks flushed at the thought of possibly sleep walking in more or less the nude, well, what she thought of as nude. She had done it once before and was glad for the offer of pajamas. She would gently take the pjs from her friend, not having realized that she had broadcasted her thoughts.
"I would very much appreciate beingout of here before your parents are awake. Don't think it would be easy to hide my abilities if we did. I don't know why, but I am always more reactive to auras in the morning time."
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 29, 2012 7:29 am

Aqua cleared her throat and pretended not to have noticed the slight slip of information that came across her mind. "Oh, that would probably be best then. Alright, follow me." Aqua then went over and opened the door to her bedroom, allowing Kimi time to gather her pokemon. She would then step out into the hall and walk over to the guest room that was directly across from hers.

She opened the door and inside was a fairly bland white room, set up in a similar fashion to her own, aside from the interior. The bed consisted of black and white sheets and comforter as well as a small night stand. There was a small bathroom attached, and a desk with a computer sitting on it. It was obvious that it was rarely used, but it was nice all the same.

Aqua gestured into the room with her hand in a very butler type of manner, before giggling at her own silly behavior. "Alright, feel free to use this room for the time being. Don't worry, no one should bother you. Not many come to this side of the house anyway. Good night Kimi. If you have any problems, you know where to find me." Aqua would then smile before returning to her own room and changing into her own set of teal colored pajamas. She would then crawl into her bed and cuddle Manaphy to her, the last thought in her head being I have a friend...

NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed May 30, 2012 2:29 am

Kimiko quickly gathered up her pokemon when Aqua moved toward the door. Rio ended up with the egg before handing it back to her trainer. A sleepy Nike was silently playing with the bell and had taken up residence on her trainer's shoulders. When Kimiko saw the room, she couldn't help but smile. White and black suited her as well as the beach theme suited Aqua.
"Thank you, Aqua. It's kind of funny that this room matches me," the white haired maiden said, sweeping her grey-black eyes over the room.
Aqua left and Kimi changed into her loaned pajamas. Nike and Rio were already snuggled up in the bed, waiting for her. A soft yawn escaped her lips as she snuggled into bed. She fell asleep with a smile on her face. "My first friend, Aqua. So happy."
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jun 03, 2012 2:48 am

Aqua awoke the next morning bright and earlier, the sun was just barely visible in the sky. Aqua noticed Manaphy was still asleep next to her and smiled. She climbed out of bed, instantly going through her everyday routine, and made herself ready to leave. Once she had finished that she packed a small bag that she could carry with essential items that they might need later as well as the egg.

She slung the bag over to the back of her should and picked up Manaphy, who had woken up when she was getting ready. "Hey, ready to go? Shall we go wake up our friends?" Aqua smiled at Manaphy, her arms open. Manaphy lept into them and nuzzled Aqua. "Mana!" Aqua smirked and walked out of her room and across the hall. She then knocked twice on the door, trying to gain Kimi's attention whether she was awake or not. "Kimiko? Are you ready? We'll need to leave soon, but I think I have time to make breakfast if you want something." Aqua shifted in the hallway, Manaphy still in her arms. She kept listening for sound of others moving in the house. It was quiet for now, so she knew her parents weren't up yet.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jun 03, 2012 5:42 am

Kimiko was already up and dressed when she heard the knock at the door. She could hear Aqua talking and allowed her to finish before opening the door. Her pack was on her back, egg tucked in an arm, and pokemon standing wide awake on either side. "Even if we grab something quick to eat, I would like breakfast. It may be quiet, but I can feel your parents starting to slip out of sleep. I'd say we have at most an hour before we need to be completely out of here."
She was so happy that she could be herself around her friend.
"Thank you for the pajamas. Do you think I could take them with me to use as we travel? I don't normally wear pajamas, but I figure I should. Especially since I sleep walk some times." she asked with a hopeful smile. The clothes were over her shoulder where she could easily move them in accordance with Aqua's decision.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jun 03, 2012 6:33 am

Aqua smiled when she saw the girl open the door. Good, no hassle with having to wait on her to get ready. Aqua nodded towards the stairs and started to walk when she began speaking. "You can keep the pajamas. I have a couple packed with me so it's not like I'll need them. Also, if we only have an hour we should probably just grab some toast or something. Cereal maybe? I'm sure we have whatever you could want. Just help yourself" Aqua had reached the kitchen when she finished speaking and adjusted Manaphy so that she could open the bread box. She decided on toast for herself. Manaphy would be allowed a small amount of it and some pokefood if she was still hungry. Once it was finished she started to eat it relatively slowly.

After a while, she would finish eating and lean back on the counter, resting her head on top of Manaphy's. "So, do we have anything specific we're planning on doing while traveling or are we just going to have some fun?" Aqua smirked at that. She was always ready for adventure.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jun 03, 2012 7:20 am

((whoops...))

Last edited by NovaliRuso on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jun 03, 2012 7:51 am

Kimiko smiled and thanked Aqua before following her down to the kitchen. Once they were there, she set the egg down gently and placed the gently folded clothes into her pack. She then copied Aqua's breakfast but adding in a glass of milk. Her pokemon also had some milk and pokefood.
"Well, I was thinking that we could spent some time around the water and then make our way toward Hearthome. What do you think?"
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jun 03, 2012 8:19 am

Aqua nodded and stood up straight once more. She nodded excitedly at the mention of the water. "That sounds great! I'd love to stop by before leaving. Maybe I can see if I can find some more pokemon while I'm at it. I'm not very good with getting pokemon other than water types to listen to me so it's best I stick to them. I think that might had something to do with my abilities too." Aqua thought about the egg in her bag at the moment. She was so thankful her parents were at least thoughtful enough to get a pokemon she would be able to handle.

"Like I said, I haven't done much traveling, what with my anti social parents, but Hearthome sounds as good a place as any. Alright, let's go!" Aqua exclaimed excitedly. Manaphy waved her arms and smiled alongside her trainer, it was easy to see why these two were fit for each other. "Mana Mana!"
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Jun 04, 2012 4:44 am

She giggled at Manaphy's mimickry of Aqua and touched a hand to her lips as if to disguise the laugh, a learned habit from the shrine.
"I would love to look for pokemon with you at the beach. Maybe I can make a sort of shiny lure or something?" At the word shiny, Nike perked up and tilted her head with a purr. "And maybe i can find some shiny things for my purrloin." An exquistely happy purr escaped Nike's mouth while Rio just shook her head at the shiny object obsessed pokemon.
Kimi felt a stirring from upstairs and quickly put her pack back on and cleared her used dishes quickly. Once done, she would scoop up the egg and her pokemon were once more by her side.
"Uhm, not to rush you or anything, but unless you want to answer your parents questions about where you're going, we'd best be off." Kimiko was antsy, shifting from foot to foot nervously. They really needed to go very soon or risk being caught.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Jun 04, 2012 5:52 am

Aqua sighed and nodded, grabbing her own pack. Still, she scribbled a note quickly, she didn't completely hate her parents, just sometimes how they went about doing things. She still wished to communicate with them from time to time. Once that was finished she walked out the front door.

She remained mostly silent as they would walk down to a beach that was closer to the road leading towards Hearthome. She had some things on her mind that seemed to keep her attention. Manaphy noticed and touched her trainers face with one of her arms. "Happy?" Aqua giggled and hugged Manaphy to her. Aqua would then turn her attention to Kimi once they had reached the beach. "So, shall we just start skimming the beach for shiny things or do you want to look for pokemon first? I'm game for anything." Aqua grinned and tilted her head, her short blue hair slightly shifting with it as she did so.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Day at the Beach [open]   A Day at the Beach [open] - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

A Day at the Beach [open]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next