HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lost in Violet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Baron_La_Croix
Baron_La_Croix

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zFri May 20, 2011 1:04 am

"Call me crazy, Felix..." Julian started, walking across the Violet City bridge, staring at the Sprout Tower ahead of him in the distance, "but maybe, just maybe, leaving Castelia for Johto -a region I barely remember by the way- wasn't exactly smart... There! I said it!" the trainer threw his hands up into the air in mock-defeat.

The trainer then glanced to his side at his companion, an Absol walking side-by-side with him, who in turn looked back at the trainer. For a brief moment the only sound was of the man's kimono flapping slightly in the wind and well as his wooden geta against the cobblestone bridge - the Absol's footsteps, however, were deathly silent.

"I know, I know! 'Julian, how could there be an error in your judgment? YOU of all people?!'" the trainer said, all the while overdramatically clutching at his chest in emphasis. "Well, I hate to break it to ya buddy, but I'm only human. I ain't perfect, no matter how much I may appear to be... Tragic, I know. But hey - I left this region when I was five. You can't expect me to remember everything."

The Absol forwarded his gaze back to the pagoda in front of him, as did its trainer, and continued onwards. "But with any luck, we can get our bearings straight from up there." Julian sighed. He knew that the Ruins of Alph were right by the city! How much of a pain is it going to be to find an old heap of rubble? Seriously!
Mew
Mew

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zFri May 20, 2011 1:57 am

Nearby having just come off a boat was a girl. On her shoulder sat what looked like a tiny tangle of vines with shoes (Tanglea, it's a baby is why it's small). The girl herself was wrestling with a map trying to figure out where she was looking very lost not sure where on the map she was. "Do you know where we are Tangle?" she asks talking to the pokemon on her shoulder. "Tangle tangle tangle" says the little Tanglea. "Didn't think so" says the girl as if she understood the pokemon (which she does)

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zFri May 20, 2011 2:13 am

A young woman, looking somewhere in her teens was running along, her long almond hair blowing in the breeze as her small brown beret barely kept it tamed. She was wearing a type of dress, black with a tan belt that came down a bit above her knees, with some black combat-style boots on, buckled straps lining the outside of them. The look on her face said she was annoyed by something, and her hazel eyes seemed to pierce through everything she looked at.

A young Houndour was running along at her side, seeming perfectly happy with her trainer. The young puppy Pokemon's tongue dangling out as it ran joyfully with her. The girl seemed to slow a bit, glancing around for any signs of the two she'd just run away from.

"Good, I don't think they followed me..." she said to herself, her eyes softening to a forest green. She took only a few more steps before tumbling to the ground, tripping over a foreign object. "Ouch, what the?!" she exclaimed, rubbing her head as she sat up. She was a bit dizzy, having smacked her head pretty hard against the ground. "What's with people leaving their-" she started to rant, before her vision cleared and the object came into focus.

Kita, the Houndour walked up to the object, the rather large oval-shaped thing sat there. It was pure white, and seemed to be radiating heat. "An egg?" she asked herself, shifting so she was on her knees instead, lifting the object onto her lap. Surely enough, it was warm...very warm. "What kind of egg is this?" she wondered aloud, not even noticing the nearby strangers due to the incident.
Baron_La_Croix
Baron_La_Croix

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zFri May 20, 2011 3:26 am

The Sprout Tower was only a few stories tall, but it still managed to be the highest place in Violet City in it's entirety, the gym coming in as a close second. It wasn't a bad view to scout out the city, all things considering. Julian managed to find the ruins, after all - to the southwest, in pretty much the opposite direction he was.

"Well, that settles that..." The trainer thought aloud, taking a quick moment to scout out anything else of interest from over the railings. So far all he spotted was the Pokemon Center, a trainer school (heh, amateurs...), a boat that just came in and was currently letting people off (a woman with a tangala among them, apparently), and everything else was too boring to care.

In less than a minute, Julian and Felix made their way down from the tower (again: for a tower, it really wasn't that high) and was just beginning to cross the bridge again as he noticed a girl stop running and look back.

'What... she being chased by someone?' Thought briefly. In any case she didn't see too distraught, so whatever is was it couldn't have been life-threateningly serious - not after how she acted after finding an egg, if he could be any judge.

Best not pay it any mind. Julian knew what he wanted to know and that was all that mattered. He continued on his way, his Absol right by his side as he passed said girl inspecting whatever egg was in her hands.

(OoC: FYI, I'll pick up the Larvesta egg in the Ruins of Alph if that's alright.)

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zFri May 20, 2011 8:11 am

Aithne had shifted to sitting on her rear, legs outstretched in front of her for comfort reasons. She continued examining the egg for a few moments when she heard the crunching of footsteps nearby. She glanced up just in time, quickly retracted her feet, the stranger nearly stepping on her toes. She grit her teeth, eyes going a golden hazel color, becoming sharp and cold. Inconsiderate people. Rude, only interested in their own agenda, never watching out for people like me! She quickly swung her legs around, pushing herself up off the ground with the well-toned muscles.

She lifted her bag, tucking the egg safely into it. "Look Kita, yet another disgrace to humanity," she says rather loudly, certainly loud enough for the stranger to hear. "Doesn't even have the common courtesy to watch where he's going!" she huffed. She might not have been overreacting quite as badly had she not already been annoyed by two others just earlier that very day. Kita, however just looked from Aithne to the male, then back. She wagged her tail and barked playfully. Aithne simply sighed, "I'll never get you...Why do you not see how people are, Kita?" she asked, seeing the world through the vision that had been forced upon her since a young age.
Mew
Mew

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zFri May 20, 2011 9:08 pm

"Oh this is hopeless" mumbles Jaz to herself folding the map up and putting it in her bag. "Tangle Tangle Tangle" says the Tanglea on her shoulder hopping up and down a bit. "Someone tripped?" Jaz says looking around and spotting Aithne getting up. Hurrying over she tries to help Aithne. "Are you ok? Tangle said you tripped" Jaz says forgetting it was odd for someone to understand pokemon
Baron_La_Croix
Baron_La_Croix

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zFri May 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Julian pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance. Did he almost step on her toes? He just couldn't say... He was too absorbed in where he was going to notice. Still, this girl's attitude wasn't exactly the most chipper, to put things lightly. Normally, this would be where he would tell someone like her off, but his instinct was nagging at him, sensing a story behind this girl... Whether or not it proved to be interesting at all was yet to be determined.

"Judging a person solely by one action, especially if it turned out to be an accident? That's a little harsh, wouldn't you say?" Julian turned and smirked at the girl (now girls). "People are too complex to be summed up in their entirety by just a single action. Just because someone might do a bad thing doesn't necessarily make them bad people... Plus, you have to take into account your own personal bias..." He shook his head. If he didn't stop here, he'd go on forever with this lecture. Definitely NOT something he'd want to get into. Not now, at least...

"So. How 'bout this?" a glance to his companion, then back to the girls, grin still intact, "You're aware that Absols have a distinct talent - they're very sensitive to their environments and can predict natural disasters and calamities well before they happen? Well..." a brief sigh. He wasn't exactly fond of swallowing his pride like this for other people, but something told him he'd regret it if he didn't. "-by way of apology, I'll share this with you: might not look like it now, but Felix here says there's a storm a'brewin'. Not big enough to be a real catastrophe, but I would expect heavy flooding and strong winds."

"Now then," The male trainer turned and faced the direction of his original destination, "Do with that information as you please. In the meantime, however, I'd like to get to the ruins by this city before that happens. Or is there anything else you'd like to add...?"

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zSat May 21, 2011 2:06 am

Aithne was just brushing off her dress when a strange girl approached her. She seemed a bit bubbly, and rather odd, her perkiness hitting a spot in Aithne's pet-peeve center. Great, now I got a crazy talking to me too... she thought, hearing the girl claim it was the small Tangela whom told her about the fall. She shook her head, letting out a slight "Hmph," in the process.

Her eyes darted to the male, lecturing her about people. Not all bad? Actions say so much more than words... she told herself, eyes narrowing at the stranger. They darted back to the girl momentarily, "I don't need any help..." she said, then sharpened her glare at the male again. She could have told him it was going to rain already. She could feel it in the air. It was stagnant, and the pressure was causing her head to feel light. It wasn't like it was a well kept secret.

"Absol, huh? That's a dark-type Pokemon..." she muttered to herself, not really talking to any of the others. Kita ran up to the strange male, then his Absol. She sniffed at the strange canid-human looking creature and wagged her tail. Aithne scoffed at this a bit, finding it more than difficult to understand her acceptance of everything. She sighed a bit, gently placing the bag holding the egg over her shoulder.
Mew
Mew

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zSat May 21, 2011 1:21 pm

"O-ok" says Jaz who was starting to get her familiar headache. 'Not again' she thinks. "I'll take your advice thank you." she says talking to Julian this time and hurrying away remembering which way the map had said was fastest mostly to get away before she lost control again. Small rocks already started floating as she passed them. Once she noticed she returned Tangle to his pokeball so he wouldn't be hurt and picked up her pace
Baron_La_Croix
Baron_La_Croix

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zSun May 22, 2011 8:27 am

"Huh... Strange girl." Julian said, looking over his shoulder as the female trainer ran off after thanking him. The floating pebbles and stones didn't escape his attention. "Stranger even 'n you, Sunshine..."

Julian crouched down to offer the Houndour sniffing at his heels a few ear scratches, Felix just watching the other Dark-type while sitting down as if a guard on post, as sentinel as ever. Hearing the girl's musings, Julian decided to add his input - if anything, it'll give Julian the chance to indulge and show off how much he knows. Something that Julian would freely admit he loves doing.

"In the old days, Absols were persecuted against for being bringers of misfortune and disaster, despite appearing to people to warn them of whatever coming danger they sensed. Unfortunately, some superstitious people today still consider them to be bad luck. Even still, they've always continued warning people, even though they were usually blamed for being the cause of those calamities. You have to admire that sort of dedication and perseverance... no matter what adversities life threw at them, they never gave up." Julian went to scratch affectionately at Felix's head, which was accepted.

The male trainer upped himself with a slight grunt and started on his way, waving at the girl over his shoulder with the back of his hand. "It's been fun, Sunshine, but I wasn't kidding about getting to the Ruins of Alph, or that storm! I suggest staying the night at the Pokemon Center, but you're free to do as you please..."

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zTue May 24, 2011 4:32 am

Aithne eyed the girl as she walked away, the stones rising and falling as she ran past them. That's not normal...good ridden, then... She thought, then glancing back to Kita. Kita, the houndour licked the man's hand as he scratched her, barking happily. Aithne simply sighed and shook her head at the dog. It loved everybody, quite the opposite she was.

"Oh great..." she muttered, hearing he was going to the ruins. She'd planned on heading there herself, sitting in the quiet caves with no one around to bother her. Still, going to the caves seemed to be the best current solution. It was about to rain, and she knew being stuck in a cave with one semi obnoxious person was far better a situation than being stuck in a crowded Pokemon Center.

"Unfortunately, it seems we're headed in the same direction..." she said, grumbling as she placed her index and thumb on her forehead, eyebrows furrowing. She began walking to the ruins, trying to ignore the other person. She quickly picked up her pace, bypassing him as she went. Kita took off at her heels, following closely.
Mew
Mew

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zTue May 24, 2011 6:30 am

After Jaz was out of town she still didn't slow down. Her headache was getting worse as she tried to keep her power in check but her control was slipping. Half blind from the pain her headache was causing she hurries down the road stumbling and falling a few times. As she reachs the ruins she does a quick scan of the area making sure no one was around who could get hurt but found no one, and the only pokemon were safe in they're nests settling in for the coming storm. She stumbles back around the ruins. She trips ands falls in a semi-clear area and instead of getting up she stays there since no one was around to get hurt. She stops fighting her power and once she does the headache reduces but her power was out of control. All around her now things were floating and flying around her incredibly fast, mostly rocks and boulders but a few plants, twigs and branchs as well. Her long salmon pink hair had come free of it's ponytail and was floating around her head though not moving wildly like the objects around her
Baron_La_Croix
Baron_La_Croix

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zThu Jun 02, 2011 12:20 am

So, this little 'miss ray of sunshine' was tagging along with him despite the oncoming storm, was she? She'll very likely would have to camp in a cave and wait out the storm. Well, suit herself...

"I suppose it may be unfortunate to be stuck in a cave during a storm, yes..." Julian went about playfully. If this girl was indeed going with him, then the trainer resolved that by the next few hours, he WILL have that girl crack a smile - or at least a smirk. Not really for her sake, but the challenge did have an entertaining appeal. "But don't you worry! It'll be like a pajama party, where we can paint our nails and braid each other's hair, swap scary stories, and even gossip about cute boys!" The male trainer suggested with an overzealous and jovial tone that in no way would be taken seriously, yet was just serious enough to make it funny.

He allowed himself a slight chuckle at the humor in the expense of his masculine pride (which was used to such self-inflicted blows, all in the name of comedy) and continued down the path to the ruins with his partner and his new, and most likely very temporary traveling cohort.

===========================================================

Upon making it to the Ruins of Alph from the south entrance gate from Route 32, Julian noticed Felix tense. The Absol sensed danger but wasn't defensive, which meant no enemies were around to cause any threat. The body language was very slight and barely noticeable, though the pokemon's trainer easily picked up on it. The trainer also easily picked up on the abnormal air pressure, the soft tremors in the ground and the loud crashes of stone and wood clashing against the surroundings. And in the epicenter of it all - the other girl from Violet City.

"Huh. Go figure," Julian said, adding his brand of commentary, "Girl's definitely stranger 'n you, Sunshi--" The rest of the comment was replaced by a VERY emasculating yelp as Julian quickly dodged a decent sized boulder that appeared to be locked-on and homing in on his face. Felix on the other hand didn't move much - it knew his trainer was more than capable of handling himself in this situation, opting to watch the human now making a spectacle of himself shouting curses while evading stones and other floating debris.

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zThu Jun 02, 2011 2:07 am

Aithne rolled her eyes at the boy. He was quite persistent, but unfortunately for him his perky preppy pretending only reminded Aithne of more people she couldn't stand. Oh great, he's a preppy girl at heart... she said sarcastically to herself. It might seem odd to some, silent sarcasm but with the way Aithne grew up it was just the way she rolled.

Kita's ears twitched, and a low growl came from her right about the time Absol reacted. She could hear the noises, and didn't seem to like them. "You alright, girl?" Aithne asked the puppy Pokemon, who only looked straight ahead. It wasn't long before she saw what it was, as a boulder flew straight for her slightly irritating traveling companion.

The corner of her lips cracked a bit, a smirk forming as the boulder nearly took off his head. Too bad it missed, she told herself. Of course, she wouldn't really wish such a thing, but the thought of it was still rather amusing to her. She turned her attention to the girl, who seemed to be putting off some sort of energy. She must be a psychic... Aithne said, remembering how odd she was acting.

"She needs something to suppress her powers. That, or we could just wait and hope she doesn't take off someone's head while we wait for her headache to go away..." Aithne then turned to her partner who seemed to be dodging boulders as they came. "Although it could be rather amusing to just wait it out..."
Mew
Mew

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8zThu Jun 02, 2011 3:37 am

Jaz didn't hear Julian, Aithne or they're pokemon come up. She couldn't hear over the noise around her and she didn't see them because her eyes were closed. After a bit her power starts calming down and all the debris around her slows before dropping to the ground. Her hair falls back down as well as she opens her eyes. Shortly after she feels the wave of vertigo that came from these episodes because they drained her strengh more then just using her power did. Her vision starts fading right before she loses consciousness falling over on her side at the same time
Sponsored content

Lost in Violet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Violet   Lost in Violet H6Q0F8z

Lost in Violet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1